AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New Model Total Noob Question

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesla

Cam Model
Jan 27, 2011
I've been lurking the forum for awhile and just went through the MFC signup process yesterday. I'm a lovely shade of MFC green behind the ears. This forum has been so helpful and informative and is it kinda creepy that I feel like I kind of know you all already? Yeah, like that.

I tried searching the forum for this question, but didn't find a definite explanation: If I'm logged in through Model Admin working on my profile, answering the 8000 questions (yes, I am type A+ actually!), does this count as "logged in", in the sense that it will be damaging to my camscore? I can't believe I'm already stressing, but I can't help myself. Thanks for your help.

I'm pretty sure your camscore only gets affected when your cam is actually turned on.

P.S. Thank you for lurking!

Attachments

• 1259390531494.jpg
    1259390531494.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,238
Aww, my very first Bawksy snark. And it's cute enough to frame and put over my bed, too!

PS: In the camscore thread, mention was made about making sure to log out of your model acct if you were going to go dink around on the homepage. I'm just looking for clarification on that.

PPS: I have already emailed Amber about model status, just waiting to hear back ...

TeslaWynn said:
Aww, my very first Bawksy snark. And it's cute enough to frame and put over my bed, too!

PS: In the camscore thread, mention was made about making sure to log out of your model acct if you were going to go dink around on the homepage. I'm just looking for clarification on that.

PPS: I have already emailed Amber about model status, just waiting to hear back ...
Getting on your model status ASAP! Also, yes we do believe logging in via the software can count as online, and it is much safer to just log in on the admin webpage. You also won't get pestered with a million PM's if you're on just the admin webpage.You'll find links to it (book mark them!) within the model's only section.

Is there any hard evidence of this? Because there are more false rumors about camscore than there are Filipinos on the Asian homepage.

I reason that being simply logged in does not affect your camscore, at least as much as actually being on cam, due to comments made by MFC at: http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Away_Private

When Away Private was still usable, they had more information here, but they still mention what I'm talking about. If you're "Away Private", your cam is "on", but you're not making any tokens. Therefore your cam score will drop. Also see the comment about "Away" here: http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Instruc ... odels#Away
It looks like when you're "Away", your cam might be "on" too, otherwise it wouldn't matter how long you stay "away". But from what it says here, it looks like it might be the case that when you "stop webcam" but stay logged in, your camscore isn't going to be affected.

I suppose the only way to prove this one way or the other would be to create two new model accounts. On the first, go on cam as soon as you log in, but don't get any tips. Just point the cam at the wall or something for two hours, then turn it off, and check your camscore the next day. On the other account, log in for two hours, but don't actually turn on your cam, and check that camscore the next day too. In theory, the first camscore should drop, but the second one shouldn't.

AmberCutie said:
TeslaWynn said:

Getting on your model status ASAP! Also, yes we do believe logging in via the software can count as online, and it is much safer to just log in on the admin webpage. You also won't get pestered with a million PM's if you're on just the admin webpage.You'll find links to it (book mark them!) within the model's only section.

This! Fer sure!
I think if you look through the previous cam score thread you mentioned above, you may find some posts from me... I killed my cam score HARD!
Simply do not open your software unless you intend to cam! Best advice I can give you...
*still kicking self for not having found this forum until well after becoming a interwebz slut*

Welcome! Good luck camming,

from my personal experience the camscore is mainly the average amount of tokens/money you make an hour. Mila has a post somewhere about the $ amount per hour matching to appropriate camscores.

I haz proof too! My camscore started just like everyone elses, I cammed for a day then worked on my profile while chatting in PMs over a week or so, then cammed for 2 days. THEN I went to work and left the comp logged in, on my model program, NOT with my chat room open, and my camscore has been around 2-300 ever since, except a temp resurrection in Sept where I got to about 7-800...then it tanked when all the MFC crash crap kept happening when I would log in... Grrr

bawksy said:
Is there any hard evidence of this? Because there are more false rumors about camscore than there are Filipinos on the Asian homepage.

I reason that being simply logged in does not affect your camscore, at least as much as actually being on cam, due to comments made by MFC at: http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Away_Private

When Away Private was still usable, they had more information here, but they still mention what I'm talking about. If you're "Away Private", your cam is "on", but you're not making any tokens. Therefore your cam score will drop. Also see the comment about "Away" here: http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Instruc ... odels#Away
It looks like when you're "Away", your cam might be "on" too, otherwise it wouldn't matter how long you stay "away". But from what it says here, it looks like it might be the case that when you "stop webcam" but stay logged in, your camscore isn't going to be affected.

I suppose the only way to prove this one way or the other would be to create two new model accounts. On the first, go on cam as soon as you log in, but don't get any tips. Just point the cam at the wall or something for two hours, then turn it off, and check your camscore the next day. On the other account, log in for two hours, but don't actually turn on your cam, and check that camscore the next day too. In theory, the first camscore should drop, but the second one shouldn't.

When in away mode, the cam is definitely still on, and has got to against you. I have no doubt about that. While it's questionable whether camscore drops from being logged into the software but not on cam, it's best not to take chances, especially since there is a webpage that we can utilize to do administrative stuff instead. Lots of girls have been logged in the client for these purposes (without cam on) and noticed their score drop, so we'll just say "don't risk it". The only feature we cannot access without using the software is the "options/settings" window with our ban list and room options. Even our friend list can be accessed by logging in the regular website with our model credentials.

Sometimes there are brand new models who have never logged on cam, with a camscore of less than 1k... I often wonder if it's because they logged on the client to access the admin page for profile and picture uploading, etc. That's all I'm sayin... :)

From personal experience, unfortunately...

My first night on the site, i left the mfc client running after I fell asleep. My camscore dropped to 350.
While sitting on the site PMing, my camscore does not drop.

Is it possible to make a new model account to start over at 1000? Because my camscore dropped so low (i have it back up to 800) I have very little traffic thru my room.

http://myfreecams.com/sprinkled

Yep, you can totally start a new account. I haven't done this before but have read about lots of girls doing it with no issues. I wouldn't tell MFC you are starting a new account, just go about the process as if you'd never made an account before, and you'll be fine. Good luck :)

AmberCutie said:
When in away mode, the cam is definitely still on, and has got to against you. I have no doubt about that.

Oooh! Good to know! I definitely have been "Away" for 30 minutes for a meal break almost daily. I am going to be stopping that immediately.

EllaXoXo said:
AmberCutie said:
When in away mode, the cam is definitely still on, and has got to against you. I have no doubt about that.

Oooh! Good to know! I definitely have been "Away" for 30 minutes for a meal break almost daily. I am going to be stopping that immediately.

My solution to this was to eat on camera, or just close the program and make it a scheduled hour-two hour break instead. (I find if I eat a meal, I need some time before getting on cam, but if I eat it as snacks, I have more energy.)

Thanks for asking this question TeslaWynn! I have exactly the same question before I sign up. I can not be totally online until middle of May, but I want to sign up and set up my profile first. Thank you all for answering and clearing it up. I have to make sure I only log in as admin when I cant actually work online so my camscore wont be affected!

TeslaWynn said:
I've been lurking the forum for awhile and just went through the MFC signup process yesterday. I'm a lovely shade of MFC green behind the ears. This forum has been so helpful and informative and is it kinda creepy that I feel like I kind of know you all already? Yeah, like that.

I tried searching the forum for this question, but didn't find a definite explanation: If I'm logged in through Model Admin working on my profile, answering the 8000 questions (yes, I am type A+ actually!), does this count as "logged in", in the sense that it will be damaging to my camscore? I can't believe I'm already stressing, but I can't help myself. Thanks for your help.

Sprinkled said:
I deleted my account last night and made a new one. 3 hours after starting the process I was ready to go live. So, I am going to give it another go without being a moron this time. =) :dance:

I would seriously like to do this but I am under the impression that it is difficult and you have to use a completely different form of ID... May I ask if you had any difficulties? Perhaps those new rules just came about in the last month or so :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.