AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New to camming and very thin

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 1, 2016
so I'm brand new to camming, made my account on Steamate yesterday and all set to go.
I know there is a market for larger girls and guys tend to like that but what about the opposite? I'm an anorexic who's just entered recovery so I'm still extremely thin and bony. I have hardly any curves and tiny boobs. Is this going to be a problem or do some guys like that?

There's a market for any body type. I wouldn't mention the eating disorder to customers, there will be some shitty people who try to make you hurt yourself.

so I'm brand new to camming, made my account on Steamate yesterday and all set to go.
I know there is a market for larger girls and guys tend to like that but what about the opposite? I'm an anorexic who's just entered recovery so I'm still extremely thin and bony. I have hardly any curves and tiny boobs. Is this going to be a problem or do some guys like that?

No, it shouldn't be an issue. Many guys like big girls many guys like very thin girls. Don't worry!
One of the most popular models on MFC is a model named PumpkinSpice, and she's very thin/petite! I myself am quite thin with small boobs, and no one has complained. But yes, probably will want to avoid mentioning the ED because you know, some people are just dicks...

Good luck with your recovery! :h:

I like very slim women... the ballerina type, I find how they move just so much more graceful than girls with curves. Members who are larger and/or the more the dominant type usually like smaller women. I see no big issue with being slim in attracting members.

For all women, no matter your body shape or type (slim women as well) there is a sweet ratio for waist to hip ratio (the actual number is about 70%, wider hips than most women prefer). To create this don't get focused on your actual body shape, but on the angle you show on camera. The hip tilt for example is one way women have shown more curve.

Body shape is not the only thing, things such as eye contact to cam can have a powerful effect on a member. http://gigilovesdating.com/what-to-wear-on-a-date-the-formula-guaranteed-to-attract-a-man/ , articles such as this can be priceless for tips on attracting members.

Being on cam will definitely challenge your recovery being so focused on your looks (keep your habits and thoughts healthy), and you may find some issue with being too skinny via complaints to site, hopefully all goes smoothly. Best of luck with the recovery and have some fun with it, loving your body feeling healthier will be a big part in your recovery.

You'll do fine with your body type, just be careful. One. People will be rude, you need thick skin. Two. There will be people who will like your body the way it is, and they won't want you to change it. Yeah a lot of guys will ultimately care more about your health, but you will get people who will try and convince you to not gain weight, even if you need to. This is even worse if you tell people you have an eating disorder, you will get trolls and you will get guys with fetishes for anorexia. Not good for your recovery. Throughout this whole process always remember what YOU want. And put your health and needs first.

Members who are larger and/or the more the dominant type usually like smaller women
I disagree with this statement, I'm curvy and attract lots of dominant types and larger men. I think it's completely dependent on the person and their tastes. I think that just comes from a stereotype.

You may attract certain types of doms who like a "weaker" form, or like to engage in age play, if you play that angle. I think the submissive/dominant thing is mainly a personality thing, if you like that kind of thing people who have the same tastes will be drawn to you. It's a broad fetish group though and a very popular one.

I wouldn't worry about your size, there are loads of men who like very skinny women and many don't have preferences. Camsites are largely about personality.

Some men will say stupid things without thinking and you do get guys on camsites who simply don't understand people, especially women, and will say some really hurtful things thinking they're being helpful. So be prepared for the odd comment about your weight. It's usually not maliciously intended.

Also, the camera does add some weight to you and smooths out a lot of imperfections. You can be clever with angles to make yourself bigger or smaller but flat images always look bigger anyway, hence why celebs get away with being so tiny. As a population we're also very used to seeing very slim attractive women on screen so though you may seem teeny tiny in real life, on screen you may not be that different from the "norm".

As has been said already, make sure you do what you want with your body and what's healthy for you. Members can be very persuasive that you're perfect how you are and not to change, usually because they want to be nice and supportive. Don't allow them to effect your health. My weight fluctuated loads when I cammed and the same people always visited me. If you gain weight it's unlikely they'll move on, and if they do you'll attract new members with it.

Hope you have fun on cam! I'm sure you'll be awesome!

Good luck to you! With camming and with your health. Some members will harp on body size., You will need a thick skin, but the same goes for any model of any body type. You can still be successful, but you will need RL people who will support you.

The issue of ED came up in this video with AsheMaree that was posted on Buzzfeed last year.

I like very slim women... the ballerina type, I find how they move just so much more graceful than girls with curves.

Hey, boy, hey ^_~ !

In all seriousness OP, you'll do fine! I'm super thin and consider myself successful.
As others have said, it's surely important to be confident with your body. Camming is not the place to rely on for your self confidence or body image, imo. Def don't mention your recovery. I still get trolls (members and models alike) that will tell me to eat a burger, haha. You get used to it after a while and realize their thoughts don't matter. You just do you :)

Best of luck, I'll be cheering for you!

Site is broken, I agreed with Mika's post 1000 times, but it only shows one.

Sad that the first thought to come to mind is of the haters. That's how our species works, for better and worse. What I hope you take from the replies is you have a community here to rely on when you need to recharge/vent or ask a question as you did.

Last edited:
It has been mentioned, but I want to emphasize ... YOU will get just as many dudes hampering your recovery, dudes telling you that you are too fat or you need to loose or not gain weight as you will dudes who tell you to eat a cheeseburger. Don't mention your ED.

In addition to a thick skin you will need to know your boundaries and be very acquainted with your sites rules before beginning.

I think of how great camming was for my self image, but I can think of more instances where I have logged off hating myself and my body. I would be cautious if camming during recovery, but I know everyone's journey varies.

Good luck! :h:

I'm also very thin, and have lost a lot of weight (100+ lbs). I lost it because my body is an asshole and likes to have flare ups where it doesn't tolerate most foods. If it gets me down, I silly dance until I just can't keep a straight face anymore.

However, there is a body for everyone. Some people like curvy, some people like stick thin, some people like those in middle, and some just love specific features like eyes, lips, etc.

I think it's more about if you personally can handle the trolls/haters without relapse. If you can, I wouldn't worry too much about them. Those who find you attractive will end up in your room sooner or later.

I've got to agree with Mika, but I will elaborate a bit.

I'm very thin. I'm 24 years old, 5'6" and under 100 pounds. I've never had an eating disorder but I get told I look like I have one all the time. That doesn't mean camming has been an unsuccessful endeavor for me. My body type is slender, and that's not everyone's cup of tea. I don't care. Take it or leave it. Hopefully you can learn to love your body through camming. I know that it helped me gain self confidence and self acceptance over the years. I went into the industry in early 2011 thinking I would save money for breast implants and body modifications. Over five years later I haven't altered my body at all and have learned to love and appreciate my body just the way it is.

I find how they move just so much more graceful than girls with curves.

:lipssealed:

I understand it's your opinion, but this isn't a body-type p*ssing party, and as someone who struggled with bulimia for two years, it's usually not the greatest idea to make comparative comments like this. It tends to stick out to sufferers rather than help with recovery. I can't speak for OP though, just being considerate! I know you came from a good place, just some insight.

OP: yes, there is a market for skinny girls, but I guarantee you'll have fans who adore you and think you're graceful at any weight and shape. :kiss:

I've been having the hardest time with this post because every time I try to reply, I type my life story :banghead:

Struggled with binge/purge and starvation several years ago before and while working in strip clubs. I got taken off the schedule for my weight though it was perfectly healthy, but was "too fat". When I toned up a little, people thought I was on coke/meth cause that's a huge stereotype for strippers (or possibly everyone with a sexual based job). If you can handle the possibility that people will say that you're too one way or the other, without relapsing, then you will probably do great. It can be a huge confidence booster, but it can be draining.

And the "graceful" comment, to each their own. I mean, I like when guys can pick me up and twirl me around, but being bigger than me doesn't mean you can or can't do so, though I may have a preference. But I danced in high school, was on competitive drill team, and was better than some of the thinner girls, but not as good as some girls bigger than me. It's a toss up and depends on training. I can still fall on my ass kinda gracefully ;)

I like very slim women... the ballerina type, I find how they move just so much more graceful than girls with curves. Members who are larger and/or the more the dominant type usually like smaller women. I see no big issue with being slim in attracting members.

For all women, no matter your body shape or type (slim women as well) there is a sweet ratio for waist to hip ratio (the actual number is about 70%, wider hips than most women prefer). To create this don't get focused on your actual body shape, but on the angle you show on camera. The hip tilt for example is one way women have shown more curve.

Body shape is not the only thing, things such as eye contact to cam can have a powerful effect on a member. http://gigilovesdating.com/what-to-wear-on-a-date-the-formula-guaranteed-to-attract-a-man/ , articles such as this can be priceless for tips on attracting members.

Being on cam will definitely challenge your recovery being so focused on your looks (keep your habits and thoughts healthy), and you may find some issue with being too skinny via complaints to site, hopefully all goes smoothly. Best of luck with the recovery and have some fun with it, loving your body feeling healthier will be a big part in your recovery.

I respect your preference but I think (except on the extremes) grace doesn't depend on size. Maybe you think the thinner the girl the more graceful her movements because ballerinas are always so thin, but the best dancer in my israeli folk dancing troupe was a size 12, and she is one of the most graceful girls I have ever seen moving in real life. So grace really doesn't depend on sizes, I think it is something you are born with.

Hey, boy, hey ^_~ !

In all seriousness OP, you'll do fine! I'm super thin and consider myself successful.
As others have said, it's surely important to be confident with your body. Camming is not the place to rely on for your self confidence or body image, imo. Def don't mention your recovery. I still get trolls (members and models alike) that will tell me to eat a burger, haha. You get used to it after a while and realize their thoughts don't matter. You just do you :)

Best of luck, I'll be cheering for you!

I started having more self confidence after doing camming.. But the fact is we all should realise that self confidence should be just like that self confidence...we shouldn't rely on others for that...

To Skinniminixo...just stay healthy..healthy is what's best for anyone, either is smaller or larger..
And no worries, there are members for any kind of woman

Reactions: CupcakeQuinn
:lipssealed:

I understand it's your opinion, but this isn't a body-type p*ssing party, and as someone who struggled with bulimia for two years, it's usually not the greatest idea to make comparative comments like this. It tends to stick out to sufferers rather than help with recovery. I can't speak for OP though, just being considerate! I know you came from a good place, just some insight.

OP: yes, there is a market for skinny girls, but I guarantee you'll have fans who adore you and think you're graceful at any weight and shape. :kiss:

Yeah, I was gonna reply to that comment he made as well but I got a bit too irked while doing so. Comparative comments like that are the worst..
I wish people would be more mindful, you can compliment a body type without putting another down.
Also, I took ballet when I was younger and one of the best dancers was a "thicker" girl. You could say she was a bit "chubby", but she also had a lot of muscle in her legs- point is, she was amazing
and very graceful.

You will do just fine! There are plenty of guys who love petite girls. You will cater to a very nice niche. All women of all body shapes, sizes, color, and ethnicities are beautiful. Don't let anyone bring you down. Always have a positive mind when you cam. People can tell when you're upset and you're not yourself. Just keep thinking positive and never give up, you'll do great! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.