AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New Whiteboard App on MFC

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! Did a whole wack of searching online and in the forum and just couldn't find the info I needed!

I've noticed girls using a white board app in their chat rooms on MFC. Its pretty neat usually they have tip menus etc. I want to use this in my chat but cannot figure out how!

I use the downloaded mfc software and can't seem to find an option to use it? Anyone able to help a sister out?

Reactions: DFT
As far as I know they don't really update the software anymore, it's kind of a dinosaur. the web-based broadcaster is where it's at and FULL of soooo many features you don't have on the old clunky software.

Hey guys! Did a whole wack of searching online and in the forum and just couldn't find the info I needed!

I've noticed girls using a white board app in their chat rooms on MFC. Its pretty neat usually they have tip menus etc. I want to use this in my chat but cannot figure out how!

I use the downloaded mfc software and can't seem to find an option to use it? Anyone able to help a sister out?
Definitely start using the Model Web Broadcaster instead of the downloadable version.

As far as I know they don't really update the software anymore, it's kind of a dinosaur. the web-based broadcaster is where it's at and FULL of soooo many features you don't have on the old clunky software.

agree with everything else you said.
but it is sometimes updated. see release notes - http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/MyFreeCams_Model_Software#Software_Version_History
updated 4 times last year.

Its way behind and no one should use it. (IMO)
People who do use it, tend to be in a studio. Or are familiar with one way of doing things, and dont want to relearn.

Is this going to be the public whiteboard thread?
so far I've seen people using it for clear the board (why not use charlesbot?), and hangman and various graffiti/ ascii art.
The cynical guys saying 'another pointless feature'.

i said 'guys dont read the topic or the profile, why would they read the whiteboard?'

what do you like about it?

[edit ] as this is my first post, I've been advised its being moderated. I've seen this cause posts to show up late to the conversation, inadvertently echoing points already made. so if this happens, thats why.

I tried using the web based broadcaster yesterday but couldn't type on it! Could not figure out why it wasn't working and was super frustrated lol.

Thank you tho I will try again on web broadcaster tonight!!

'released for testing' say MFC, for one thing clicking to enable it when viewing the mobile site m.myfreecams.com can cause a crash.

Not many votes here, 'potentially useful' seems the popular view for now.

C8xOEO7XUAAAEvy.jpg

When using mfc on the desktop the whiteboard is postioned over the area the online 'Models' would be shown. This has the advantage to a model or less distraction (wondering elsewhere) to your members..

So far most models are using it as a place to put the tip menu and offers.
Some current topic snippits with whiteboard
'Tip Menu is on whiteboard!'
'check whiteboard for tip menu!'
'TIP MENU IS IN MY WHITEBOARD !! :)'
'Check whiteboard for deals'
'check the whiteboard for full tip menu!'
'check my whiteboard for the services i offer :)'
'SEE MY WHITEBOARD BB'
'check whiteboard for deals !!'

'released for testing' say MFC, for one thing clicking to enable it when viewing the mobile site m.myfreecams.com can cause a crash.

Not many votes here, 'potentially useful' seems the popular view for now.

C8xOEO7XUAAAEvy.jpg

When using mfc on the desktop the whiteboard is postioned over the area the online 'Models' would be shown. This has the advantage to a model or less distraction (wondering elsewhere) to your members..

So far most models are using it as a place to put the tip menu and offers.
Some current topic snippits with whiteboard
'Tip Menu is on whiteboard!'
'check whiteboard for tip menu!'
'TIP MENU IS IN MY WHITEBOARD !! :)'
'Check whiteboard for deals'
'check the whiteboard for full tip menu!'
'check my whiteboard for the services i offer :)'
'SEE MY WHITEBOARD BB'
'check whiteboard for deals !!'

Thank you!!! such great info thanks so much :D

Reactions: Puffin
Update: why was I ever using the downloaded software?! Web broadcaster was so much smoother. Thanks everyone

A little whiteboard icon appears next to the model. Members and the model can add whatever they desire on it for whole room viewing. Not sure any of us know what to do with it yet.

Members and the model can add whatever they desire on it for whole room viewing.
Just to clarify to anyone reading this: Members can only write on a board if the model has given them edit access. Not just any ol' schmo can hop in a room and type on it. :)

I think the concept of the white board is kewl, but I have yet to find a use for it. I have a topic, charlesbot, my own whiteboard, a functioning profile and tip menu. I was going to use it the other night just to try it, but I decided that it would take the focus off of me and the room, which is important atm with me still building.

Just to clarify to anyone reading this: Members can only write on a board if the model has given them edit access. Not just any ol' schmo can hop in a room and type on it. :)
Thanks for that I wasn't sure on access, but restricted access sounds wiser and makes sense.

I really wish the whiteboard would allow html or any sort of coding at all. I -really- like the idea of a notification area outside of the topic/chatroom for games/whathaveyou.

Reactions: Maria Raye
Is there a way to get the same layout with the whiteboard that members get? Docked to the bottom half of the screen? I love seeing my members playing with the whiteboard, but as far as I know you can't pop it out into another window so I just have to make it small and hover it somewhere over my chat screen.

Reactions: AmberCutie
I still haven't been super impressed by use of the Whiteboard feature so far. It seems a bit redundant. Then again, the most creative thing I've come up with is re-posting my tip menu on the Whiteboard, soOoOoo...

I still haven't been super impressed by use of the Whiteboard feature so far. It seems a bit redundant. Then again, the most creative thing I've come up with is re-posting my tip menu on the Whiteboard, soOoOoo...
i do the same, and add notes about my content for sale. im still super new so i dont really ever get a high room count or anything like that so it hasnt really benefited me much and no one ever reads it anyways lolol i always get questions even when my topic says "see whiteboard"

MFC models have been asking for YEARS for a couple things: longer topic (even longer than it is now) and a way to enter text into their chat automatically. This is sort of a compromise and combination to help those 2 things. You can use it as a built in area to copy/paste into your room, or use it as an extended topic. MFC made it so it isn't forced upon a member (like a much longer topic may be, as it would take up more screen space automatically or be more of an eyesore) by making it an optional popout/below the chat room.

Utilizing it for sale info or game instructions is probably the most handy, since we'd love to put it in our topic but don't have the room to elaborate much up there.

Is there a way to get the same layout with the whiteboard that members get? Docked to the bottom half of the screen? I love seeing my members playing with the whiteboard, but as far as I know you can't pop it out into another window so I just have to make it small and hover it somewhere over my chat screen.
I'd say this is the most annoying aspect of it. I don't even keep it open because it takes up precious screen space. :(

• Helpful!
Reactions: itsDaphne

I'd say this is the most annoying aspect of it. I don't even keep it open because it takes up precious screen space. :(

One thought on this. The popup whiteboard is a stand alone webpage all on its own. Just viewing it in another window is easily doable. But I don't know if you would still be able to edit it.

Either sign in quick on a premium account, or ask one of your members to pop up the whiteboard in its own box. Then send you the URL link for it. You can paste that in its own browser tab and you will be able to at least see the whiteboard and flip back and forth to it.

I know even if I'm not signed into mfc, or even if mfc is not opened in a tab at all, I can still pull up the whiteboard contents for a model with it's URL address. In fact, I just checked one for a model after she shut down for the day, YOU don't even have to be online for anyone to pull up the current whiteboard contents.

Here's BrantleyBlaze's whiteboard, and she's offline at the moment I'm typing this.

https://www.myfreecams.com/html/whi...BrantleyBlazes Whiteboard&cache_id=1492123643

That's going to show as a shorter link, so here's the full text of the URL.
Code:
https://www.myfreecams.com/html/whiteboard.html?username=BrantleyBlaze&user_id=6972779&channel=106972779&height=500&width=800&popup_title=BrantleyBlazes%20Whiteboard&cache_id=1492123643

One thought on this. The popup whiteboard is a stand alone webpage all on its own. Just viewing it in another window is easily doable. But I don't know if you would still be able to edit it.

Either sign in quick on a premium account, or ask one of your members to pop up the whiteboard in its own box. Then send you the URL link for it. You can paste that in its own browser tab and you will be able to at least see the whiteboard and flip back and forth to it.

I know even if I'm not signed into mfc, or even if mfc is not opened in a tab at all, I can still pull up the whiteboard contents for a model with it's URL address. In fact, I just checked one for a model after she shut down for the day, YOU don't even have to be online for anyone to pull up the current whiteboard contents.

Here's BrantleyBlaze's whiteboard, and she's offline at the moment I'm typing this.

https://www.myfreecams.com/html/whiteboard.html?username=BrantleyBlaze&user_id=6972779&channel=106972779&height=500&width=800&popup_title=BrantleyBlazes Whiteboard&cache_id=1492123643

That's going to show as a shorter link, so here's the full text of the URL.
Code:
https://www.myfreecams.com/html/whiteboard.html?username=BrantleyBlaze&user_id=6972779&channel=106972779&height=500&width=800&popup_title=BrantleyBlazes%20Whiteboard&cache_id=1492123643
I think that works great as a viewer but for girls on the MWB it won't give us the edit toolbox, most likely. It may be worth a try tonight so I'll report my findings if no one else beats me to it.

I think that works great as a viewer but for girls on the MWB it won't give us the edit toolbox, most likely. It may be worth a try tonight so I'll report my findings if no one else beats me to it.

I've been opening my own cam stream on my model account (go to http://myfreecams.com/#modelname) and hiding my video stream, then clicking to pop out the whiteboard and minimizing the main window. It allows editing because you're still logged in on your model account. I'm pretty sure all the options for editing are the same but I could be wrong.

That said, I'm unsure if we need to keep the whiteboard box open within the MWB to keep it active—it seems to deactivate when you close it. I've been dragging it into the bottom right corner so just a tiny bit of the window forehead is visible to grab.

That said, I'm unsure if we need to keep the whiteboard box open within the MWB to keep it active—it seems to deactivate when you close it. I've been dragging it into the bottom right corner so just a tiny bit of the window forehead is visible to grab.
Mine has been staying active when I close the window, I only have to "enable" it when I log on the MWB at first.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Lorelei
How does a broadcaster enable the whiteboard? Is more required than just selecting the Whiteboard option on the pull down menu on the bottom left of the model's broadcast window? What other options appear on that menu?

For adding authorized users, I do not see an add or delete button in the user list that MFC put into its Twitter image when it first released this feature. What are the actions that add or remove a user?

Strangely, MFC does not seem to have documentation for this feature.

How does a broadcaster enable the whiteboard? Is more required than just selecting the Whiteboard option on the pull down menu on the bottom left of the model's broadcast window? What other options appear on that menu?

For adding authorized users, I do not see an add or delete button in the user list that MFC put into its Twitter image when it first released this feature. What are the actions that add or remove a user?

Strangely, MFC does not seem to have documentation for this feature.
It's just a little box that you tick to enable it. That's all. And I personally don't know about adding authorized users so someone else can answer that.

It's just a little box that you tick to enable it. That's all. And I personally don't know about adding authorized users so someone else can answer that.

Thanks for sharing this. So in that area with the pull down menu, there is that checkbox you reference? And once you select it then it is replaced by a pull down menu? I need to be somewhat literal in my information I send to the model, as she does not seem to be very intuitive with computer interfaces.

MFC Support finally told me that "The whiteboard can be accessed from the Chat Room Tab to the right of the Room Topic input box. You will need to be sure to click the enable checkbox on the popup window for the whiteboard."

If someone here feels like doing a screenshot and putting that up in this thread it would be good documentation for future models looking for information on setting up the whiteboard.

MFC Support finally told me that "The whiteboard can be accessed from the Chat Room Tab to the right of the Room Topic input box. You will need to be sure to click the enable checkbox on the popup window for the whiteboard."

If someone here feels like doing a screenshot and putting that up in this thread it would be good documentation for future models looking for information on setting up the whiteboard.
So kinda like everyone else already said you click whiteboard and click enable. Its really easy. I don't think an image is really necessary.

Reactions: ExcellaExe
If your model friend cannot find it, it's probably because she's using the downloadable broadcaster, and whiteboard is only available on the web broadcaster.

And if that's not the case, and she still can't find it, then using the whiteboard feature is probably above her technical capabilities and she'd be better off not attempting it.

That was the problem I had :) that's why I originally created this thread. Realized after the web broadcast is like 1000x better lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.