AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New Zodiac Signs

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocefish

I did bad things, privileges revoked!
In the Dog House
Mar 26, 2010
Usually somewhere between flippant and glib.
I never paid much attention to it, but WTf is going on with this?? How about all those peeps with tats of their Astrologic sign? What does this mean for birth stones?? :think:

YOUR REAL HOROSCOPE
Astrology buffs who follow the stars should be using these dates, reflecting where the stars currently are aligned (note: the days overlap because the periods don't begin and end at midnight):

Capricorn: Jan. 20-Feb. 16.
Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11.
Pisces: March 11-April 18.
Aries: April 18-May 13.
Taurus: May 13-June 21.
Gemini: June 21-July 20.
Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10.
Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16.
Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30.
Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23.
Scorpio: Nov. 23-29.
Ophiuchus:* Nov. 29-Dec. 17.
Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20.

* Discarded by the Babylonians because they wanted 12 signs per year.

Fuck that noise. I'll always be a fishy.

Just so you all know, Tropical Zodiac is based on the seasons and not the constellations. So, you know... this is all someone that wants attention and got it. I mean, if you follow the Sidereal Zodiac (in the Eastern World) then you would have had a change... but since countries like Japan already included this strange new constellation you should be all right.
Seriously, this whole thing is about a BS pseudoscience that is exploiting the fact that you know little to nothing about astrology (much like astrologers).

Countessa said:
Who decided this? :lol:
No one, really. The sign you're born under was traditionally (and I mean WAY back) determined by which constellation the Sun was passing through, as viewed from the northern hemisphere, at the time. Well, the wobble/tilt (regression) of the Earth's spin and moving stars change the actual dates that the signs occur during. I'm not sure, off the top of my head, who set the static dates to begin with, but I'm confident that we won't change personalities over-night.

Man fuck that I will always be an Aquarius, and the ironic part about this whole zodiac change is my bro finished designing my tattoo.

It doesn't apply to anyone born before 2009... and we should ALL hope that that means non of us got changed around.

As for them flipping stuff around. I would still be a Leo regardless... and my scorpio cousin acts like a scorpio and NOT like a virgo. and my brother is Ares like no other! Not a fish.

No... you people didn't listen. Western Zodiac doesn't rely on that.
And if it did it would still apply to people before 2009. Where did you get that?
No ones zodiac changed because tropical zodiac had nothing to do with the calculation. Sidereal does, however sidereal already takes that into account. This is nothing new, this is back to something like AD 130 that they figured this out.

All I know is personality and technical constellation positions be damned, I don't want to be a Ford Sedan. A lot of people peg me for a Gemini though so I guess it's accurate enough even if technically not correct. Whoever decided on static dates makes me happy. Imagine the affect it would have over time on the daily horoscope section in the paper. Pure craziness I tell you!

Ptolemy created the Tropical Zodiac, setting fixed dates based on the equinox rather than the movement of the sun, because of the date drifting issue.

Keithy said:
Ptolemy created the Tropical Zodiac, setting fixed dates based on the equinox rather than the movement of the sun, because of the date drifting issue.

Because the actual positions of the stars were messing with the divination racket based on, uh, what was it... oh yeah: the positions of the stars. :woops:

SweepTheLeg said:
I've been thinking I was non-compatible with the wrong girls my entire life! what now!?
No, silly. You thought you were compatible with the wrong girls and you thought you were non-compatible with the right girls. Go back to growing your beard.

Sevrin said:
Keithy said:

Because the actual positions of the stars were messing with the divination racket based on, uh, what was it... oh yeah: the positions of the stars. :woops:

Worst part is, if you practice Sidereal Astrology the new dates are about a day off of the old dates, not a month (except when effected by the supposed addition of the 13th zodiac). Really, most comments on the subject pretty much prove how little people understand what they read (including the media). At this point it's a huge game of telephone where each story is a poor copy of the last.

Example:
Aries:
Tropical Astrology dates: March 21 - April 19
Sidereal Astrology Dates (per 1944) April 15 - May 15
This "new" zodiac (2011) April 17 - May 13

this is crap.. that is all..

seriously its like them gettin rid of freakin pluto as a planet. fuckin with my world as i knew it :shock:

AluraCurvyBBW said:

seriously its like them gettin rid of freakin pluto as a planet. fuckin with my world as i knew it :shock:

Not really, because removing Pluto as a planet was sudden (they actually had to define a planet and did so in a way that failed Pluto). Redrawing the lines for sidereal zodiac is a regular thing. Last time was in 1944 and the astronomer (correct, he doesn't even believe in astrology) that commented on the Zodiac issue only altered the dates slightly. However in most areas this new drawing for the zodiac isn't an issue because it was really just a redrawing of the constellation lines. The 13th zodiac is only currently observed in Japan AFAIK, but that's no change. Also, the redrawing is of the constellations and not the zodiac. The Zodiac uses equal time periods for each sign, the constellations charted does not.

About that Pluto thing, there was an interesting interview with the guy who killed it on the CBC a few weeks ago. Here's a link, if anyone is still interested.

Keithy said:
AluraCurvyBBW said:

Not really, because removing Pluto as a planet was sudden (they actually had to define a planet and did so in a way that failed Pluto). Redrawing the lines for sidereal zodiac is a regular thing. Last time was in 1944 and the astronomer (correct, he doesn't even believe in astrology) that commented on the Zodiac issue only altered the dates slightly. However in most areas this new drawing for the zodiac isn't an issue because it was really just a redrawing of the constellation lines. The 13th zodiac is only currently observed in Japan AFAIK, but that's no change. Also, the redrawing is of the constellations and not the zodiac. The Zodiac uses equal time periods for each sign, the constellations charted does not.
noo dude i totally mean that this crap is changing how i know of things since i was a kid. thats like tellin me that christopher columbus DID discover north america after everything proves otherwise.
serious fuckin with me moment here

of course i counted as a aries/taurus cusp baby with scorpio rising..now im all aries? fuck no :naughty:

AluraCurvyBBW said:
Keithy said:
AluraCurvyBBW said:

noo dude i totally mean that this crap is changing how i know of things since i was a kid. thats like tellin me that christopher columbus DID discover north america after everything proves otherwise.
serious fuckin with me moment here

of course i counted as a aries/taurus cusp baby with scorpio rising..now im all aries? fuck no :naughty:

Your Zodiac didn't change. No ones did. No Zodiac anywhere in the world has changed. The charting of the constellations changed, but those are NOT the Zodiac. So you're not anything different than before in whatever form of sky-bound mysticism you proscribe faith into.

Funny thing....

Under the Chinese Zodiac, I'm an Ox.

Under the old Zodiac, I was on the cusp of gemini/cancer, leaning towards Gemini.

Under this one, I'm on the cusp of Taurus/Gemini, leaning towards Taurus.

I'm just a stubborn old goat, I guess. With random mood swings.

Status
Not open for further replies.