AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

No Earthquake Thread?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2010
So this afternoon there was a 7.2 magnitude Earthquake (revised up from the original 6.9 estimate by the USGS) in Baja, Mexico that gave all of Southern California (and parts of Arizona) a pretty good shake. I'm about 6 miles outside of downtown San Diego, and our entire place was shaking and swaying for a good 30 seconds, if not longer. A bunch of smaller items fell off our shelves, picture frames went askew, and the drawers on my file cabinet opened themselves, but that was it. The 5.1 & 5.4 aftershocks caused a few more items to fall over, and freaked the shit out of my cats.

In Mexicali, there have been reports of some serious damage to buildings, and at least one street just completely cracked apart (http://tweetphoto.com/17203656) but amazingly it looks like no one was seriously injured or killed.

I know there's a few people on here in SoCal (and AZ), so I hope everyone managed to stay safe during the quake, etc. For those curious, today's quake here was 7.2, the quake in Haiti last year was 7.0, the 1994 Northridge Earthquake was 6.7, and the '89 Quake in San Francisco was 6.9. It is my understanding of the Richter scale that a .1 or .2 increase in magnitude is not just an incremental step up in power, but can actually mean more than double the power.

CNN just reported that one person died in a building collapse in Mexicali, which while unfortunate, is not that bad, all things considered. I was in Mexicali/Calexico (yes, they really named these places that) a few years ago, and I don't recall seeing a building over three stories, so that combined with the fact that that whole area (and the epicenter), is not too densely populated, will hopefully limit any sort of casualties.

In other news, there was a small aftershock a few minutes ago we felt during dinner which managed to freak out the cats all over again.

I couldn't tell ya how it was felt here in LA since I was, at the time, not in California. :D

I miss all the exciting stuff!!

Scary, though. Hope everyone is ok and not too shaken up.

Status
Not open for further replies.