AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

No one tipping?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yea for example when we dont have money, we dont go to concert, not stand in front of club wishing we hear something. But hmmm I think i know few people who does that hahahaha
In other part of society,people tip even if they dont need, just because they are satisfied,like to tatoo artitsts and so on. I dont know why freeloading on cam pages is so popular.

Reactions: ArcticKitty
Is it really ignorance? In any other part of society where it's customary to tip, most people do.
Americans are often laughed at for tipping in European countries because it isn't customary. But we're all in the business of being tipped so..

Reactions: BlackWizard
I personally feel that it's incredibly disrespectful to enjoy anything without tipping, and I won't join a room if I can't contribute and show appreciation.
But while the sites themselves allow unregistered viewers to access rooms, and (as @Vixxen81 pointed out) market themselves with the term 'free', it really green-lights the whole freeloading experience.

In a room that I am a knight for I said something to a user with tokens who was talking incessantly to the model in public chat but not tipping. She really jumped on me for doing it, even though this guy had not tipped her in months. I ended up apologizing to the dude

I just feel like it is really disrespectful to expect a model to spend more than a minute’s time on you when she’s working if you aren’t tipping. But sometimes even models don’t agree with that

Last edited:
Americans are often laughed at for tipping in European countries because it isn't customary. But we're all in the business of being tipped so..

Right, it isn't customary where people in service occupations are paid wages that they wouldn't be paid in the US where their income is mostly from tips.

In other part of society,people tip even if they dont need, just because they are satisfied,like to tatoo artitsts and so on. I dont know why freeloading on cam pages is so popular.

I don't know why either, but I really do believe that cam sites draw a lot of "low life losers" just like they draw a lot of assholes in general.

I don't know why either, but I really do believe that cam sites draw a lot of "low life losers" just like they draw a lot of assholes in general.
Sex has almost universal appeal, so it figures there would be a broad cross-section of behaviour, culture and attitude on display.
Allowing free access doesn't help.
Add in the fact that many people become a whole lot bolder, and behave quite differently, when behind their keyboard, the assholes in the group can get much wider.

I personally feel that it's incredibly disrespectful to enjoy anything without tipping, and I won't join a room if I can't contribute and show appreciation.
But while the sites themselves allow unregistered viewers to access rooms, and (as @Vixxen81 pointed out) market themselves with the term 'free', it really green-lights the whole freeloading experience.

“Free” cam sites like CB also contain advertising, so even though models make no money from freeloaders, the site still does. Those freeloaders aren’t spending their own money, but they’re creating impressions that the cam site can then count toward whatever rate they charge for ads.

It would never happen, but you’d think sites like CB would figure out some type of revenue share with models for the money they make off ads. If the freeloaders have monetary value to the platform, it’s only because they’re visiting to see the models (whom they may or may not be tipping).

Seems like a backdoor way for the platform to profit off the talent without sharing the profit, to me.

A bit of a digression, sorry for that. But it’s tied into the whole idea of freeloaders feeling encouraged because it’s a “free” site.

I agree. Some people are like: "i dont ask for nudity , i only wanna talk so why should i tip, i will talk with her for hour, make her put attention on me ,but wont tip even 1 token" - I dont like it a lot
This is something that pisses me off. I'm on cb more for company then anything and while I can't tip 500+ a week I always make sure I tip at least a few tokens each time I visit a model. What a difference it would make if everyone tipped at least 1 token.

This is something that pisses me off. I'm on cb more for company then anything and while I can't tip 500+ a week I always make sure I tip at least a few tokens each time I visit a model. What a difference it would make if everyone tipped at least 1 token.
This really annoys me too. They think it's fine to simply tip nothing because they want to chat. I'm currently streaming now, and have had three of these already in the last hour. They are chatting away, so I ask for a tip, and they say 'what for?' 🙄 :confused:

In a room that I am a knight for I said something to a user with tokens who was talking incessantly to the model in public chat but not tipping. She really jumped on me for doing it, even though this guy had not tipped her in months. I ended up apologizing to the dude
Obviously you and she must work out what works for you two, But unless a user (especially one with tokens) is being obnoxious, I am under "instructions" to not be aggressive towards the users in the room. A user with tokens is a potential customer after all.

But from what you were saying, the user in question was a regular tipper? Then I do not blame the model for telling you off. In such a situation we can never know exactly what might be going on "behind the scenes" and we as knights should tread lightly, IMO.

I just feel like it is really disrespectful to expect a model to spend more than a minute’s time on you when she’s working if you aren’t tipping. But sometimes even models don’t agree with that
If the model feels that way, then surely she would not have actually spent time talking with him? But it depends on the mood of the room and the model I guess. I know that my friend will sometimes spend what I consider quite a bit of time talking with users who do not tip, on other days she will ban them as soon as they "open their mouths" :rofl: So I wait and watch and take my cue from her ;)

Reactions: Hiunds
Reactions: MarieElise
Obviously you and she must work out what works for you two, But unless a user (especially one with tokens) is being obnoxious, I am under "instructions" to not be aggressive towards the users in the room. A user with tokens is a potential customer after all.

But from what you were saying, the user in question was a regular tipper? Then I do not blame the model for telling you off. In such a situation we can never know exactly what might be going on "behind the scenes" and we as knights should tread lightly, IMO.

If the model feels that way, then surely she would not have actually spent time talking with him? But it depends on the mood of the room and the model I guess. I know that my friend will sometimes spend what I consider quite a bit of time talking with users who do not tip, on other days she will ban them as soon as they "open their mouths" :rofl: So I wait and watch and take my cue from her ;)
All great points. I didn’t have a problem with her saying something to me, just interesting in light of the discussion here

Reactions: Ozzie_
A dead chat room leads to more dead chat. We engage because we're aware other people are paying attention.

If every single one of my followers bought 100 tokens a week and tipped me 10 tokens a day, I'd make 320,000 tokens a day. That's $16,000. Everyone just assumes everyone else will foot the bill.

As it is I took a private last night and fucking PANIC'D because he spent way too much on me and I get to explain why I totally bailed and logged off because I am so not used to it I felt like I didn't deserve it. Not sure how I'm going to handle this. I feel all the things. Tears are running down my face as I type this because *I* fucked it up. He's new so hopefully I can just be honest about it. I literally left the private and never went back. Ugh. So stupid.

A dead chat room leads to more dead chat. We engage because we're aware other people are paying attention.

If every single one of my followers bought 100 tokens a week and tipped me 10 tokens a day, I'd make 320,000 tokens a day. That's $16,000. Everyone just assumes everyone else will foot the bill.

As it is I took a private last night and fucking PANIC'D because he spent way too much on me and I get to explain why I totally bailed and logged off because I am so not used to it I felt like I didn't deserve it. Not sure how I'm going to handle this. I feel all the things. Tears are running down my face as I type this because *I* fucked it up. He's new so hopefully I can just be honest about it. I literally left the private and never went back. Ugh. So stupid.
Why you thought you dont deserve it?

I don't know. I just felt overwhelmed I guess. Like I had this expectation to meet and I didn't think I was meeting it, I guess. I got scared.

Sounds so stupid. I feel stupid.
I think I understand a little . I mean i never had many small tipppers but whales haha regulars and when they are not there is really slow but even if it happens often in my room, when somebody like yesterday tip me 1000 in one tip i cant stop say thank you, i think i need do anything, make the bigges t show ever,taking 1000 dildos haha and cum 167482 times for them :D Asking : omgg what i can do for you for this?? And u know what one guy told me? : Just your face- i got tears in my eyes from feeling SO COOL! They are liked that! They just think we are special and we are ! And mostly they dont have expectations- is some kind of " thank you girl , u are cool ,u deserved that!"

• Hugs
Reactions: ArcticKitty
Sex has almost universal appeal, so it figures there would be a broad cross-section of behaviour, culture and attitude on display.
Allowing free access doesn't help.
Add in the fact that many people become a whole lot bolder, and behave quite differently, when behind their keyboard, the assholes in the group can get much wider.

That makes sense to me.

I know it's fucking slow right now guys, but im telling you READ A BOOK! look up from time to time just a little bit when they come in, adjust something in the background, look fairly semi busy, drink water...you never know who will take you prvt! I know it's frustrating but in all honesty the bible ad 80s music got me through this morning and i made some money. It took a while and patience but we can do this.

I know it's fucking slow right now guys, but im telling you READ A BOOK! look up from time to time just a little bit when they come in, adjust something in the background, look fairly semi busy, drink water...you never know who will take you prvt! I know it's frustrating but in all honesty the bible ad 80s music got me through this morning and i made some money. It took a while and patience but we can do this.
yes:D I didnt try it for long time but in the past i did that when it was slow and worked:D

Reactions: SensualJade
The model I knight for keeps insisting she's doing something wrong because of recent slow shows and few tips. She's been camming four years. Because of this forum, I tell her many models are going through the same thing right now.
I was convinced I had offended my audience somehow!!! Deep in my gut I know this is just how things go and I've done nothing wrong! But yea this forum is my lifeline right now! I hope she does better in the coming weeks, I'm sure she appreciates the reassurance!

Reactions: SensualJade
I was convinced I had offended my audience somehow!!! Deep in my gut I know this is just how things go and I've done nothing wrong! But yea this forum is my lifeline right now! I hope she does better in the coming weeks, I'm sure she appreciates the reassurance!
Right? You start to think of your show when it’s not that at all. I’ve noticed new names that scream “I’m not looking to pay you”

Reactions: hairyhunnybunny
Is any else having traffic declining? It's been so slow and hard to feel motivated. Everyone wants to talk but not tip. This year has been very difficult.
For this weekend I couldn't say, because I'm in my 7 day week off uknow... lol
on the other hand last week I found it very difficult because I had to broadcast on 3 different sites to manage to make the amount that I usually do only on Streamate. It's going to be a year next month in my case that I'm doing Cam, but before that I was working in bars and restaurants all that is to the public in short, and it's often a quiet time of the year, I'll tell you that in my case the only way to get to make numbers that make sense has been to mix the platforms, it must be temporary I cross my fingers

I'm with you on that. I read alot, or play scrabble on my phone. My room topic starts with 'Tip for Attention.' The serious payers will always tip reasonably quickly.

Dumb suggestion but I just wondered. Maybe look like u are reading a shocking book like say Lord of the flies, just the whole wtf might attract some people into the room.

Or just read a harry Potter or Stephen King etc etc book. I'm sure fanboys will take more interest in a lady who's reading work they're obsessed in

Dumb suggestion but I just wondered. Maybe look like u are reading a shocking book like say Lord of the flies, just the whole wtf might attract some people into the room.

Or just read a harry Potter or Stephen King etc etc book. I'm sure fanboys will take more interest in a lady who's reading work they're obsessed in
I
I could be wrong, but I don't think we're allowed to show or say the title/author. Just like we can't have tv on and in frame unless it's a fireplace video or fish aquarium or something like that.

Quite unexpectedly, a new username came into her room last night & had TWO exclusive shows with her lasting 30-40 minutes each. It definitely lifted her spirits🙂.

Reactions: hairyhunnybunny

That just might work but only for a specific target audience. Men are too horny to care about that really. Unless it’s erotica.

Status
Not open for further replies.