AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

non nude camming...does it pay?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2018
okay ladies and gents, im hoping some people can be real with me out there about expectations as a non nude model on SM. I dont go past my bra and panties and thats for members i enjoy spending time with. My thing is gfe, femdom,goddess worship,feet, shp, etc...and i also like to do things around the house. Im gaining lots of likes but im not sure if i need to build a stronger following or add more creative content. I have so far a little over 100 likes where ive been added to faves, but im guessing its not until its in the 100s before ill see any consistency with # of ppl in my chat room and also the amount of money made. How many faves should i be at before i can expect to make consistent money each shift (meaning more than a few bucks for several hrs) or is my perspective all wrong on this right now?

I'm a non-nude cam performer who works on SM and I can assure you that it absolutely does pay...

As for favorites, I don't know, I don't worry about them. Or rather, I don't care about them. My concern is working until I hit my goals. Typically a few hours per shift. Used to take longer. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The longer you cam and the more time you put in, the more beneficial it will be.

Another non-nude on SM checking in, it def pays and it pays well.

I don't really care about favorites either, we can't see even 'em so meh.

I think focusing on your marketing and really knowing your niche are the most important factors. For instance, if an innocent/clothed GFE is your top seller, then really push that and make it known on your profile and try to get guys to leave you relevant tags for it. If Femdom/BDSM is more your thing, try to craft your keywords, etc. for that. It's nice to offer a lot of different things for a lot of different guys, nothing wrong with being a switch or anything like that. I've just personally found that really narrowing in on a specific persona and fetish helped up my income significantly.

And of course like @THE MOLLIE MARIE mentioned consistently logging in and putting in long hours are ultimately how you hit your goals. :)

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Thank you for the advice and encouragement ladies! I'll be sure to put in the time needed, so far my goal is 2-4hrs at a time to get 6-10hrs a day. You think that should be a good starting pint?
I've also been doing lots of research on the fetishes I'd like to play with...I'm really enjoying the exploration of sex in a whole new way. I'm just getting started hear im on my 2nd week and I've been enjoying the CFNM c2c and the SPH sessions...empowering :) but I will keep refining the fetishes and types of services offered. Thank you @CorieCastels for acknowledging that its okay to switch from one thing to another. I was worried that bouncing from GFE to Femdom would having me wading water but making zero progress with establishing a client base.
When each of you began, how long was it before you were bringing in enough to cover you living expenses and stuff? I ask not to pry but to be realistic with myself and my partner about our budget bc im currently doing this full time. I have back plans (doesn't every smart girl?) but i like to be prepared as much as possible.

Reactions: CorieCastles
Thank you for the advice and encouragement ladies! I'll be sure to put in the time needed, so far my goal is 2-4hrs at a time to get 6-10hrs a day. You think that should be a good starting pint?

I think that's a really good starting point. I've always heard putting in full time hours is your best bet for starting off. You get the most exposure out of your "new model" status which can be really beneficial as far as regulars and traffic goes.

Thank you @CorieCastels for acknowledging that its okay to switch from one thing to another. I was worried that bouncing from GFE to Femdom would having me wading water but making zero progress with establishing a client base.

No problem! I won't lie, it could confuse a few clients and trying to dominate a specific niche has benefited me personally, but I've seen A LOT of girls operate as switches and bring in great money. Especially on Streamate.

When each of you began, how long was it before you were bringing in enough to cover you living expenses and stuff? I ask not to pry but to be realistic with myself and my partner about our budget bc im currently doing this full time. I have back plans (doesn't every smart girl?) but i like to be prepared as much as possible.

I'm still very new to the scene, only been around under a year and the majority of that hasn't really been on SM. I tally up my income based off of my combination of sites (plus my adult branding/design/coding side-hustle) and it took me about 5 months before I could really start covering my bills, etc. This is also with finding my feet in the industry, spending a lot of time researching (as opposed to being active which ultimately paid off in the end), and not really having a set-in-stone persona during the first 2 months or so, so technically 3 months, maybe? But I've been able to cover all of my expenses since May. And that's without camming on SM pretty much all summer. Not even gonna lie, I slacked off significantly with SM this summer 'cause I just could not stand the summer crowd, but I intend to start back pretty soon.

I've never paid for a nude cam show in my life. I always get "tease" shows or fetish shows and both are non-nude.

Status
Not open for further replies.