AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Not feeling welcome

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 13, 2011
Iowa
I am fairly new to MFC, I will admit that I joined to check out the all the hot models. I actually got bored of that pretty quick and found myself drawn to certain models for their personalities. To my surprise I am becoming a regular to one model more because of how she interacts with people than how she looks (though she does look good..lol). She has a core group of regulars that are there every time I go to her room. She is always very nice to me, she interacts with me and appreciates my tips, the other regulars don't seem to be happy to have me around. They have inside jokes, pet names, emoticons etc.. some of which I have figured out, if I try to participate I get shut down with "only so and so can use that". They greet each other and say goodbye when they come and go, but I just get ignored. I don't want to stop visiting her room but I am uncomfortable sometimes. Is this just how it is in most rooms? Should I just ignore it or should I move on?

Thanks in advance for any replies. I've come to appreciate what you all do, it's not just getting naked on cam :)

P.S. I use a different name on MFC to preserve my anonymity

I'd just ignore them and enjoy her company, if they really bother you though I guess I'd politely pm her about it explaining that you think new customers are made to feel unwelcome, and then possibly move on. If they're driving tippers away I think she'd want to know so that she can rein that in.

If you want to be one of the group hang out in her room all the time and tell everyone hello and good bye. One day they will return the favor. Unless you are an annoying bastard even the model can barely tolerate.

I normally go to bed early for the models I watch so I am often out of the loop. When this happens I just ask the room what the inside joke they are all laughing at is about. The models or one of the regs will normally tell me whats up.

You also said the room members had emotes only certain people could use. Don't use them. If you have to emote spam at least take the time to make your own.

Some of those people in the room may have been with the model since her first day and it will take time to become part of her inner circle.

I only have one room where everyone tells me hello when I enter, but I have many rooms where the model tells me hello.

Reactions: PagansMind
Thanks Jupiter and Shaun, I will just let it slide. Being new to all this I'm probably being too sensitive.
You make a good point Shaun, I never thought about how long some of these people have been around, could be years for all I know. I don't intentionally use emotes meant for other people and they aren't custom so don't know not to use them until I am told. Once I know I never use them again. I am not looking to step on peoples toes.
All I need to think about is what the model wants and she has told me in IM that she appreciates what I do and likes having me in her room, so to hell with the rest of it :)

Chat rooms don't have greeters, like Walmart, although that may not be a bad idea. Sounds like you have run head first into a clique. This small group of loyal fans feel that they in a way "own" the room. They probably see you as a threat because you are taking attention away from them. If I were you I think I'd go slow, do nothing better than her regular core guys do, and wait to be accepted into the group organically, instead of actively working toward being accepted like it's a goal with a deadline. Anyway...unless someone is being openly hostile, I'd just chillax about this and enjoy the model's company.

Another thing to consider, a "new guy" means they will get less of the model's attention. But I agree with the above, and definitely let the model know if it bothers you this much and/or if you see it happening to others. That's just hurting her income and not cool.

personally i wouldn't put to much thought into it... i mean are you on mfc & in her room to have fun or to be accepted by her regulars? i have a fairly large personality in the rooms... and i've never had much trouble being accepted by either the models i like or the other room reg's... but i've seen rooms that will have a core group of guys that revolve around a model and can make getting noticed as a new comer difficult... my advice is if your not rude to any of them... and the model is cool with you... then fuck the other reg's... stand your ground... have fun with the model... and don't let some douches chase ya away... they'll learn to deal with ya sooner or later

PagansMind said:
I am fairly new to MFC, I will admit that I joined to check out the all the hot models. I actually got bored of that pretty quick and found myself drawn to certain models for their personalities. To my surprise I am becoming a regular to one model more because of how she interacts with people than how she looks (though she does look good..lol). She has a core group of regulars that are there every time I go to her room. She is always very nice to me, she interacts with me and appreciates my tips, the other regulars don't seem to be happy to have me around. They have inside jokes, pet names, emoticons etc.. some of which I have figured out, if I try to participate I get shut down with "only so and so can use that". They greet each other and say goodbye when they come and go, but I just get ignored. I don't want to stop visiting her room but I am uncomfortable sometimes. Is this just how it is in most rooms? Should I just ignore it or should I move on?

Thanks in advance for any replies. I've come to appreciate what you all do, it's not just getting naked on cam :)

I am a part of this kind of "clique" with a couple of models, almost exactly as you describe. But I try to be careful to not exclude new premiums - especially those who are polite and those who tip. I also try not to dominate conversation or make it "about me." It's important to remember that it's the model's room, not our, and it's her business. It's good to build community, but not at the expense of excluding others who can and would contribute to the model's community as well. Any clique that does exclude and shun in this manner is hurting the model they are supposedly there to befriend and help.

You hit it on the head Cool..I am a premium, I tip well and the model is cool with me so I decided to stand my ground and participate. I am careful not to step on anyone's toes and I don't take it personally if they ignore me. Bottom line is I can never spend the amount of time they do in her room so I will just make the time I do have in there worthwhile for me and the model. I really appreciate everybody's responses.

Reactions: CassieRamone
PagansMind said:

Ozzie is right. But there is another thing. You go to her room because you like her. Why do you bother with what other people think? You are not there to look cool to her friends but to her. If you cant stand to see their comments you can always use ignore and you will never see what they type.

The sense of community is one of the best things about MFC so I can understand why he is bummed. That sucks that you feel unwelcome but I'm sure they will get over it.
I'm surprised they don't like you even though you tip, that is a bit different then the way most regulars act towards new people. Honestly sometimes I wish my pals wouldn't be so nice to certain people just because they tipped, makes it harder for me to get rid of them for the crazy PMs they are sending :D Kinda just kidding, I love how welcoming they are.

Can I make one suggestion? Not saying you do this but don't flood the chat with compliments every 5 seconds. This is a mistake a lot of members make that eventually starts to annoy the room and the model. It is nice at first but after a while it gets a bit redundant. Participate in the conversation as best you can without overwhelming it. That may help them warm up.
I would still follow the previous advice and mention something to the model. Don't make it like a tattle tale complaint as much as just making her aware that they may scare of other new fellas.

JoleneJolene said:
Honestly sometimes I wish my pals wouldn't be so nice to certain people just because they tipped, makes it harder for me to get rid of them for the crazy PMs they are sending :D Kinda just kidding, I love how welcoming they are.
HAHAHA I'm sure you're totally not kidding LOL, most of us would rather not know what our fellow room members are saying in pms...ok no that's not true, we want to know every grubby little detail, but it would totally shock us :D

Yeah it's the pm begging me to open their cam over and over again even though I keep saying no. Then they tip and type "now you have to" in the tip note. It is odd for me to tell someone verbally to fuck off and take their tip with them while everyone is clapping all over each other :D

JoleneJolene said:
Yeah it's the pm begging me to open their cam over and over again even though I keep saying no. Then they tip and type "now you have to" in the tip note. It is odd for me to tell someone verbally to fuck off and take their tip with them while everyone is clapping all over each other :D

Lol...yeah...one day a model I hang with asked me to annoy one of her premiums til he left lol, so she didn't have to, and it didn't work anyway, he was oblivious to my taunts

JoleneJolene said:

They are trying to fuck off but you will not open their cam so they can.

Shaun__ said:
JoleneJolene said:

Thanks Shaun! This made me giggle like an idiot this morning!

JoleneJolene said:
Shaun__ said:
JoleneJolene said:

Thanks Shaun! This made me giggle like an idiot this morning!

Lol me too, even if it took a few seconds to figure it out

The thing that really bothers me about this is them claiming emotes that only so-and-so can use. WTF is up with that? Personally, I would ask the model if that is a room rule, or if that is something they're doing just to fuck with you...

And it just occurred to me that you might be getting the "new guy treatment" of "let's see what we can make the new guy believe".

Something seems fishy... and no, I don't mean the model's glory-hole :p

LadyLuna said:
The thing that really bothers me about this is them claiming emotes that only so-and-so can use. WTF is up with that?
I think it's just your average case of douchebaggery among cliques. I've joked with people about hey you can't use that emote it's mine or whatever but it was so clearly a joke.

After being in a the room a few more times they are definitely not joking, I can see that only certain dudes use certain things. I am feeling more comfortable because I am getting a better over all feel for the room. This core group is there all the time, literally. I think they act this way for two reasons:
They are upset that some of her attention is diverted from them
They feel possessive/protective of her and they feel they are looking out for her in some way.
That's fine, either they come around or they wont. One night after I signed off she sent me an MFC mail thanking me telling me she enjoys having me in her room. As long as she feels that way I will keep going.

Jupiter551 said:
lol post one of the not allowed to use emotes here and I'll subtly modify it for you
I did that with one member's emote. Most think my version was an improvement.

I would suggest you talk to the model and let her know how you feel. As a model I can tell you sometimes I see few people who I do remember from times before but I wouldn't categorize them as regulars yet come into my room and I don't say hi to them or talk to them unless they start conversation first just because I don't want to annoy them. From past experiences, if I call on someone and say "Hi, I remember you, how are you?" or something like that they leave... -_- Makes me think they get that feeling we all get in class when teacher calls our name hahaha so I don't do it anymore :)

Sevrin said:
Jupiter551 said:
lol post one of the not allowed to use emotes here and I'll subtly modify it for you

Yeah I modify smilies and such all the time for jokes and stuff, it's easy and fun, like when the :lolz emote went missing for about a week...
or a model friend getting pervy lol
1c2203fe.gif

Reactions: SoTxBob
AshleyAmes said:
I would suggest you talk to the model and let her know how you feel. As a model I can tell you sometimes I see few people who I do remember from times before but I wouldn't categorize them as regulars yet come into my room and I don't say hi to them or talk to them unless they start conversation first just because I don't want to annoy them. From past experiences, if I call on someone and say "Hi, I remember you, how are you?" or something like that they leave... -_- Makes me think they get that feeling we all get in class when teacher calls our name hahaha so I don't do it anymore :)

That's interesting. Becuase I am just the opposite of what you described. To a certain extent anyway. If I have been in a room a few times and contributed to the conversation AND tipped, then sometimes when I visit, I will just sit there until I receive some sort of aknowledgement from the model. I agree totally with what you said if it's first couple of times in a room. Then the teacher analogy fits.

Jupiter551 said:
Sevrin said:
Jupiter551 said:

Yeah I modify smilies and such all the time for jokes and stuff, it's easy and fun, like when the :lolz emote went missing for about a week...
or a model friend getting pervy lol
1c2203fe.gif

:lol: What's the code for the pervy model friend emote? I am dying to use that one! :? ...Unless you're the only one allowed to use it. ;) :p

AedanRayne said:
:lol: What's the code for the pervy model friend emote? I am dying to use that one! :? ...Unless you're the only one allowed to use it. ;) :p

Lol use away, that's :pervylina, there's also her friend :pervymonica, :pervymafia is both of them making eyebrows at each other and finally there's :pervycrack which is CrackMyHoles and an orange checking each other out :p

Status
Not open for further replies.