AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2022
Hi!

I have a 720p webcam, but when I stream on via the Stripchat website, the highest quality option is 480p. I want to increase my stream quality and I seem to understand that I need to use OBS studio to do this. I know how to set it up. I only don't know how to be able to see the chat next to the stream so I don't need to go back and forth to see what is happening in the chat. Can someone help me with explaining how this is done? Is there anything else I should know before using OBS Studio?

Thanks in advance!

Miss Marbles

I have a 720p webcam, but when I stream on via the Stripchat website, the highest quality option is 480p. I want to increase my stream quality and I seem to understand that I need to use OBS studio to do this. I know how to set it up. I only don't know how to be able to see the chat next to the stream so I don't need to go back and forth to see what is happening in the chat. Can someone help me with explaining how this is done? Is there anything else I should know before using OBS Studio?

Models can only stream in the options they see available on their browser (webrtc).
Of course, you are still able to broadcast in HD using mobile devices, third-party services or OBS.

If you would like to broadcast in HD resolution, you are able to use external software called OBS studio.

HD third-party services
Please bear in mind, these are purely suggestions that you can find online and are not linked with us in any way.

Upvote 1
Hi!

Thanks in advance!

Miss Marbles
The chat is always next to streaming window. It will be black with camera icon with OBS. Also open small preview on OBS and work.

Upvote 0
Damn it's 5000 now? I thought it was 1000.

Me too.
This could explain why a specific model I visit who has 2.5k followers, never has 108-p or 720p, she streams on streamate too and has HD there, but not on SC.
Hopefully someone can clear it up and give us exact criteria/details for 720p or 1080p or higher

Upvote 0
If you are using the web page to broadcast, you need to have at least 5000 followers to have the 720P option.

If you are using OBS,
1. make OBS a normal window (not maximized)
2. click File > Always on top.
3. resize/move OBS window next to the chat window.
Oh thanks for interesting info about followers.

Upvote 0
Interesting. Seems weird to put new models at a disadvantage like this. I wonder what the reasoning is for this. I guess obs is better, especially if you use lovense, but still, it seems very odd.

Also interesting that this thread was the second google result when I searched stripchat obs. Apparently this thread has gotten a lot of interest.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.