AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

OBS available on MFC: HD Streaming!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Create a graphic (I use Canva) and add it as an image source. Put it on top of your webcam source.
Oh and also a tip for doin this:

when you create the graphic, size the entire canvas for whatever size you stream your cam at. So for example if you do 1080p stream you'd make the graphic 1920x1080 then create the little bottom bar so that it fits perfectly along the bottom of the canvas on Canva. Then download it with a "transparent background" as a png.

Create a graphic (I use Canva) and add it as an image source. Put it on top of your webcam source.

Which style of graphic did you use? i.e. twitter header, social media post, blog post,ect.

Which style of graphic did you use? i.e. twitter header, social media post, blog post,ect.
Create your own canvas with whatever base size you need. Doesn't matter which you pick, you resize it anyway.

• Helpful!
Reactions: BadgirlIvy
To expand on how to do this in canva:

Go to the top and change the dimensions of the canvas
Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 8.12.41 AM.png
then go to shapes and images and text and create your cute little thing, then size it as you'd want it to be on your cam window
Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 8.15.11 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 8.12.57 AM.png

(here's an example that I did for my old 800x600 cam format)
Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 8.14.34 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 8.14.45 AM.png

Then download as png with transparent background
Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 8.18.21 AM.png

Hi Amber! I ended up using OBS to broadcast (its my first week!) and I've found out that OBS isn't compatible to do privates, groups etc yet because it's still in BETA. Have you found a work around or do you have any suggestions on how to go about that?

I use OBS because I can't get my cam and mic to work regularly on the Web broadcaster (Im on a Mac using Mojave and a Logitech C615 cam).

Thanks so much :)

Hi Amber! I ended up using OBS to broadcast (its my first week!) and I've found out that OBS isn't compatible to do privates, groups etc yet because it's still in BETA. Have you found a work around or do you have any suggestions on how to go about that?
Not until they change that, no. :(

hi,when i use virtual cam in obs for mfc,mic is ok,but they cant hear music.i have tried to find the answer here on the forum,but no success,do you have any advice on that issue please?
Virtual cam is not doing the audio part only the video. Is by design/flaw it is also noted on the website.

"Is there a virtual microphone ?
This plugin provide a directshow audio source which can't be recognized as microphone , only some programs like VLC can use it."

To expand on how to do this in canva:

Go to the top and change the dimensions of the canvas
View attachment 79811
then go to shapes and images and text and create your cute little thing, then size it as you'd want it to be on your cam window
View attachment 79815

View attachment 79812

(here's an example that I did for my old 800x600 cam format)
View attachment 79813
View attachment 79814

Then download as png with transparent background
View attachment 79817

This tutorial is super helpful but unfortunately when I went to download it, it said you have to buy Canva for Work in order to do transparent backgrounds. So it's off to Photoshop I go, wish me luck!

This tutorial is super helpful but unfortunately when I went to download it, it said you have to buy Canva for Work in order to do transparent backgrounds. So it's off to Photoshop I go, wish me luck!
Dang,sorry. I’ve been paying for it since I use it so frequently and it pays for itself with the illustrations/layouts being free for premium members.

(Also a business expense/write off so super worth it.)

hello everyone
what is the better to broadcast via xsplit or webpage on MFC ?
i don’t make private or group show

Ahoy!
Finally giving OBS another shot a full year later and I'm having a bit of newbie confusion over audio.
I'm not sure how to directly connect spotify as its own individual source apart from my microphone, even after plenty of googling. I could just be misunderstanding the language as I am extremely unfamiliar with this type of streaming. Also, if I was to control Spotify through OBS, would I still be able to hear the music? Would I be able to monitor through my bluetooth speaker perhaps? It would be a little awkward for my stream to involve headphones as I see so many Twitch gamers doing~

Or am I just completely wrong and is everyone just using their microphone to pick up their music? Any help much appreciated! :^)

Ahoy!
Finally giving OBS another shot a full year later and I'm having a bit of newbie confusion over audio.
I'm not sure how to directly connect spotify as its own individual source apart from my microphone, even after plenty of googling. I could just be misunderstanding the language as I am extremely unfamiliar with this type of streaming. Also, if I was to control Spotify through OBS, would I still be able to hear the music? Would I be able to monitor through my bluetooth speaker perhaps? It would be a little awkward for my stream to involve headphones as I see so many Twitch gamers doing~

Or am I just completely wrong and is everyone just using their microphone to pick up their music? Any help much appreciated! :^)
The simple way to do it is to add audio output capture as a source and choose desktop audio, then people will hear all the sounds from your computer that you hear.

The simple way to do it is to add audio output capture as a source and choose desktop audio, then people will hear all the sounds from your computer that you hear.
Thanks for the response! The tricky thing is that when I add the Audio Output Capture, there box to choose the device is blank with no options available. Currently, there is audio so I think they're just hearing whatever my mic is picking up.

@AmberCutie - using the virtual cam for obs, and my overlay is getting cut off. I set my obs resolution to 1280x720 and made the overlay that size but the virtual cam, or maybe mfc is cutting it off? Does the virtual cam have its own presets? Or maybe mfc is cutting down the size? Any ideas?

@AmberCutie - using the virtual cam for obs, and my overlay is getting cut off. I set my obs resolution to 1280x720 and made the overlay that size but the virtual cam, or maybe mfc is cutting it off? Does the virtual cam have its own presets? Or maybe mfc is cutting down the size? Any ideas?
Virtual cam uses the MFC settings so it will be 800*600 at max resolution.

Virtual cam uses the MFC settings so it will be 800*600 at max resolution.
Yep he got ya.

What I do, since sometimes I broadcast on the RTMP connection and sometimes just use the flash or webRTC connection, is I have 2 profiles on OBS with the different size canvas bases, and a separate set of scenes for each one for the different resolutions. I also have to make 2 versions of most of my graphics unfortunately but it isn’t too hard in Canva.

• Helpful!
Reactions: DJ_Pioneer
OHHH! Soooo... what am I allowed to put on my screen? Can I add my logo like on my Avatar at the bottom of the pic?? Date and time? Light watermark? etc etc?

OHHH! Soooo... what am I allowed to put on my screen? Can I add my logo like on my Avatar at the bottom of the pic?? Date and time? Light watermark? etc etc?
Whatever you want. Just know that if it interferes with being able to see you on screen, it'll annoy viewers.

I currently have all of this on my screen:
Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 9.22.08 AM.png

Reactions: AngieNoir
Whatever you want. Just know that if it interferes with being able to see you on screen, it'll annoy viewers.

I currently have all of this on my screen:
View attachment 80426

GREAT PHOTO! Yes...true... I would keep to the corners for sure! So My logo is good? Great! So they are layers in OBS.

Does anyone know yet if you can use OBS for private or group shows yet? I wanna give this a try, simply because I would like to record my cam shows and have no idea how to otherwise, but I need groups and privates to be available for me.

Does anyone know yet if you can use OBS for private or group shows yet? I wanna give this a try, simply because I would like to record my cam shows and have no idea how to otherwise, but I need groups and privates to be available for me.
Using it as virtual cam you can, because it's just like using manycam or xsplit. It's a flash source if you use it like you normally would. No limitations.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MojitosJourney
Status
Not open for further replies.