AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

OBS available on MFC: HD Streaming!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it beneficial to use obs as a virtual cam in privates? As in does it look a tiny bit better at all?

Either way I can't seem to get the virtual cam to work right. I can use it set widescreen (changed in my camera settings), 720p settings sorta thing but then privates are greyed out so I'm pretty sure I'm not even using it as a virtual cam at that point.

I'm probably not making sense. Above it's mentioned how to use obs as a virtual cam and I followed instructions on mfc as well to set up but putting it at the 800x600 settings, no matter what I seem to do, I'm told it looks squished. So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've never used a virtual cam before so I'm hoping I'm just over looking something simple.

Is it beneficial to use obs as a virtual cam in privates? As in does it look a tiny bit better at all?

Either way I can't seem to get the virtual cam to work right. I can use it set widescreen (changed in my camera settings), 720p settings sorta thing but then privates are greyed out so I'm pretty sure I'm not even using it as a virtual cam at that point.

I'm probably not making sense. Above it's mentioned how to use obs as a virtual cam and I followed instructions on mfc as well to set up but putting it at the 800x600 settings, no matter what I seem to do, I'm told it looks squished. So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've never used a virtual cam before so I'm hoping I'm just over looking something simple.
You need to set your base canvas and cam resolution to 800x600 not 720. There's no widescreen available yet on non RTMP streaming.

You need to set your base canvas and cam resolution to 800x600 not 720. There's no widescreen available yet on non RTMP streaming.

Yes I read that above and made sure to set it at that. I only set it differently because that's all I could get to work. I'll have to post screenshots later of what I have it as now where members are saying I'm squished. Again I'm sure I just missed something some how. Or maybe I jacked it up from trying to get it to work.

I'll have to post screenshots later of what I have it as now where members are saying I'm squished. Again I'm sure I just missed something some how. Or maybe I jacked it up from trying to get it to work.
Yeah I hope we can help you figure it out!

To expand on how to do this in canva:

Go to the top and change the dimensions of the canvas
View attachment 79811
then go to shapes and images and text and create your cute little thing, then size it as you'd want it to be on your cam window
View attachment 79815

View attachment 79812

(here's an example that I did for my old 800x600 cam format)
View attachment 79813
View attachment 79814

Then download as png with transparent background
View attachment 79817
I just realized yesterday that in order to use the transparent background you have to pay for premium account on Canva. :( Which I do because I use it constantly so it's worth it as a business expense, but I understand not everyone wants to toss $12/month at them.

So instead of making a canvas the size of your screen, just make the entire project the size you want the individual image to be, or make it larger and shrink it down in OBS.

Here are the settings on OBS. I'm making sure I changed the correct settings and I'm not sure if there are settings else where that I should be tweaking or not. Sorry I'm still trying to learn to use obs and I highly appreciate the help!!

PKfU1TB.png

Also maybe unrelated... My MFC preview window, the picture in it is way too large for the box? I think its just a glitch but mentioning it in case I screwed something up on mfc instead of obs haha.

YWzsJvh.png

WQnZJCc.png

Here are the settings on OBS. I'm making sure I changed the correct settings and I'm not sure if there are settings else where that I should be tweaking or not. Sorry I'm still trying to learn to use obs and I highly appreciate the help!!

PKfU1TB.png

Also maybe unrelated... My MFC preview window, the picture in it is way too large for the box? I think its just a glitch but mentioning it in case I screwed something up on mfc instead of obs haha.

YWzsJvh.png

WQnZJCc.png
Ok, make sure your settings on MFC also look like this:

obstsuff.PNG

And try restarting Chrome after you've got your OBS/cam settings all synchronized like this.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Lelo1

PKfU1TB.png

YWzsJvh.png

WQnZJCc.png
Also in your "scenes" on OBS, make sure you have your cam set to fill the canvas. Right click to "transform" then "fit to screen".

Also in your "scenes" on OBS, make sure you have your cam set to fill the canvas. Right click to "transform" then "fit to screen".

**EDIT to add I just saw your previous post!!! LOL gonna do this now. Thank you so much!!!

Thank you Amber for attempting to help. For some reason that didn't help either. It's so weird.

So to use this I set my mfc broadcast page to "External Broadcaster"

Then in obs I turn on virtual cam and start stream on obs then mfc. For some reason it keeps stretching out my picture.

For some reason I only have this issue if I use 800x600. Like I said above changing the resolution to higher was the only way I didn't get complaints? I don't know what I did.

Last edited:
So to use this I set my mfc broadcast page to "External Broadcaster"

Then in obs I turn on virtual cam and start stream on obs then mfc. For some reason it keeps stretching out my picture.
No, external broadcaster and virtual cam are the opposite of each other. :)

As noted in the picture above, use the high resolution setting, not external broadcaster. Then turn on virtual cam on OBS, make sure the canvas/scene are 800x600, then connect to MFC just like you would before you started using OBS. (Meaning, OBS is like a flash source/camera source instead of an external broadcaster in this process.)

So what should your upload speed look like to make just obs as a virtual cam work without dropped frames or lag? Some nights it's fine and others it's garbage.. either way I'm very frustrated because I know I need to call my internet provider and I hate talking on the phone.. especially if I have to lie about things.

hi here,
Has anyone tested "Multi-stream with Restream.io" found from their official plugins page ?

Is it easy to tune ?
I guess that bandwith must be doubled :/ how does it affect fluidity on each stream ?

Reactions: Hey_Kika
If I'm using this as a virtual cam, should it show up as an actual camera choice in the drop down menu (where one would normally find Xsplit, manycam,etc)? I have been unsuccessful thus far in having the virtual cam show up there. Anyone else experience this?

If I'm using this as a virtual cam, should it show up as an actual camera choice in the drop down menu (where one would normally find Xsplit, manycam,etc)? I have been unsuccessful thus far in having the virtual cam show up there. Anyone else experience this?
You've already downloaded the virtual cam plugin for OBS right? If not, you need to install that and make sure it's running (have to select it in Tools, then hit the Start button on the VIrtual Cam window).

Then it will show up in your dropdown just like the others.

You've already downloaded the virtual cam plugin for OBS right? If not, you need to install that and make sure it's running (have to select it in Tools, then hit the Start button on the VIrtual Cam window).

Then it will show up in your dropdown just like the others.

It was an error in the sizing portion of my canvas. Once fixed and set to 800x600, I could see the virtual cam and choose it via the modelweb broadcaster. Thank you so much for the assistance! :)

Reactions: AmberCutie
Здравствуйте.
Когда я использую OBS, мои кнопки «перейти в приват» серые и не активируются. Есть ли способ это исправить?
I saw your past messages, for 2015 that you need to install the full and not beta version of the OBS, but on the official website of the obs there is only one version and it is Full. But it is not are work.
Help(

Hello. When I use OBS, my “private” buttons are gray and not activated. Is there any way to fix this? I saw your past messages, for 2015 that you need to install the full and not beta version of the OBS, but on the official website of the obs there is only one version and it
is Full. But it is not are work.
Help(

Hello. When I use OBS, my “private” buttons are gray and not activated. Is there any way to fix this? I saw your past messages, for 2015 that you need to install the full and not beta version of the OBS, but on the official website of the obs there is only one version and it
is Full. But it is not are work.
Help(
When using the external broadcaster connection, you are unable to do private, group, or club shows.

I believe there’s only one version of OBS.

hi here,
Has anyone tested "Multi-stream with Restream.io" found from their official plugins page ?

Is it easy to tune ?
I guess that bandwith must be doubled :/ how does it affect fluidity on each stream ?

I'm so glad I didn't come up empty searching for info on Restream! I'm hoping you might have some of your own questions answered since you posted this! I just got myself set up on it today. I have yet to use it. A recent change is that you don't even have to run it through OBS at all, if you don't want to, but I'm going to try it anyway, because Restream does all the settings guess work for you. I'm paying for them to, so I should expect the best...
Anyway, my big question is, if you're streaming to say MFC and CB at the same time, how do you set up your respective rooms for contests, bots etc.??

This opens up SO many possibilities! Like splitcamming both MFC and Chaturbate at the same time using restream.io!

Gosh this is exciting!

I just discovered Restream and set myself up today. I have some questions I can't find answers to yet. This post is over a year old, so I'm curious if you jumped in and (hopefully) became a total expert, or left it alone?

I just discovered Restream and set myself up today. I have some questions I can't find answers to yet. This post is over a year old, so I'm curious if you jumped in and (hopefully) became a total expert, or left it alone?
No, I left it alone and never tried ^^
I just guessed that it should use an external server and knew that it existed things like that without knowing the name of the service.

And now, I had had this confirmation from you, thanks :)
someone else maybe ?

I can help you with restream if you want. Feel free to ask)

OMFG thank you so much for this!! I've been struggling with this new tech for a few days now. I wanna be like the cool kids but have just ended up shaming myself publicly LOL

If using OBS via the virtual webcam plugin, can one use the floating notifications/wheel setting in Charlesbot? Thanks for the info ladies!

Is there a Mac version yet?
I don't think so, I use a Mac and have kind of struggled to get everything set up. I'm seriously considering getting a Windows computer just for camming. Its a bummer because I love using Mac!

If using OBS via the virtual webcam plugin, can one use the floating notifications/wheel setting in Charlesbot? Thanks for the info ladies!
Yep, can still use Charlesbot stuff and MFC Alerts stuff.

Reactions: Fridays_Child
Status
Not open for further replies.