AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

OBS available on MFC: HD Streaming!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has a screenshot of that intermediate screen I would like to record it. (Hide the screenkey, obviously.)

I don't think it's too much to ask that a girl click the link on the window I showed for that information. I've told you before, if that instruction is too difficult for a model, I question her ability to run an Internet based business...

Last edited:
That's what I was trying to say, I think the joke/point may have been missed. ;)

(Regular ol' casual cam models probably aren't running Linux was my point. People who'd run that OS may be more technically inclined and able to figure out solutions to their OBS troubles. And a model who is serious enough about the job to want to run OBS would probably run a more compatible OS anyway.)

Oh I got it. But, my initial point was that Linux, similar to Mac, doesn't always get the spiffy apps that Windows users do. ;)

I don't think it's too much to ask that a girl click the link on the window I showed for that information. I've told you before, if that instruction is too difficult for a model, I question her ability to run an Internet based business...
Given the level of "assistance" Smores has stated he's given to some models, I'd question their ability to anyway.

Reactions: AmberCutie
Given the level of "assistance" Smores has stated he's given to some models, I'd question their ability to anyway.
I only feel a little bad that I expect people who turn to this industry to make a paycheck to have at least a smidgen of computer/Internet knwoledge. Clicking links is elementary.

I only feel a little bad that I expect people who turn to this industry to make a paycheck to have at least a smidgen of computer/Internet knwoledge. Clicking links is elementary.

I'd agree with you if they were models who did it on their own. If their in a studio, then the studio does it. But, at the same time, being a tech guy, if the independents want to hire people to do IT work for them then I'm not going to complain too much.

Does it seem like the ability to go private is disabled when you use OBS?

I would have never figured this out without your instructions!! Thank you!!

A question if anyone is able to answer, does anyone use blue yeti mic? I can't get mine to work properly. It's working but everyone is saying I'm too low.

Can someone clarify something regarding video resolutions. The initial setup in Amber's instructions set the resolution for the OBS Canvas. The Source resolution specifies the resolution of the webcam camera. And then there is a third step to snap the Source perfectly to the Canvas, assuming you made them compatible resolutions. What I don't understand is do you also need to configure your webcam software to broadcast in the same resolution (or higher) than the resolution you are specifying in the Source resolution of OBS? Or does the Source device setup somehow completely override your webcam software settings?

Can someone clarify something regarding video resolutions. The initial setup in Amber's instructions set the resolution for the OBS Canvas. The Source resolution specifies the resolution of the webcam camera. And then there is a third step to snap the Source perfectly to the Canvas, assuming you made them compatible resolutions. What I don't understand is do you also need to configure your webcam software to broadcast in the same resolution (or higher) than the resolution you are specifying in the Source resolution of OBS? Or does the Source device setup somehow completely override your webcam software settings?

why do you need to know? if it's for a model, send her here and we can help. just stick to jerking off, bucko.

I'm not sure if my shitty internet will be able to stream 1080P reliably but good on MFC for adding this.

Now according, a number of folks, MFC should see a big increase in traffic due to higher resolution. :wondering:

I would have never figured this out without your instructions!! Thank you!!

A question if anyone is able to answer, does anyone use blue yeti mic? I can't get mine to work properly. It's working but everyone is saying I'm too low.
You should be able to adjust the level of your mic in the Audio tab of the OBS settings.

There is no need to even open webcam software when using OBS. Pretend it doesn't exist. Just use OBS settings.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
I usually use a DSLR and it took me maybe a million years to figure out how to do it through CamTwist... I know Twitch users often use a DSLR so it can't be impossible. I tried the Canon EOS Utility trick but it does not work with my computer. Does anyone know a way to get a DSLR working on this thing? Slowly browsing around the internet to find an answer but no dice.

I usually use a DSLR and it took me maybe a million years to figure out how to do it through CamTwist... I know Twitch users often use a DSLR so it can't be impossible. I tried the Canon EOS Utility trick but it does not work with my computer. Does anyone know a way to get a DSLR working on this thing? Slowly browsing around the internet to find an answer but no dice.
Are you on a Windows PC or are you on a mac?

Does anyone know if MFC has plans to facilitate a plugin for tip notifications/animations? I see there is a CB plug-in available for sale but I'm not sure it would work with MFC. It doesn't look like Streamlabs works independently, which is a bummer.
I can't WAIT FOR THAAAAAT

my years as a speedrunner on twitch is just waiting on animations for big tips or silly numbers so I can work on silly OBS animations haha

I know its week 1/2 of that and we are still figuring out stream BUT I NEED DINOSAURS IN MY STREAM WHEN SOMEONE JOIN MY CLUBS ASAP

thanks.

Does anyone know if MFC has plans to facilitate a plugin for tip notifications/animations? I see there is a CB plug-in available for sale but I'm not sure it would work with MFC. It doesn't look like Streamlabs works independently, which is a bummer.
I think someone has to make one that is specifically for MFC.

So the other night, I had everything set up in OBS and MFC showed a choppy preview, like Ambercutie said it would. But when I went to broadcast, none of the members could see me! It said "Video unavailable model may be offline" for them. On my end everything looked perfect! I wanted to try it again tonight, but this time I'm not even getting a preview on MFC. ):

I can't WAIT FOR THAAAAAT

my years as a speedrunner on twitch is just waiting on animations for big tips or silly numbers so I can work on silly OBS animations haha

I know its week 1/2 of that and we are still figuring out stream BUT I NEED DINOSAURS IN MY STREAM WHEN SOMEONE JOIN MY CLUBS ASAP

thanks.
I if an MFC model wants to help me out and test (as unlike CB I can't test it myself) I have an api written that should work for MFC with my CB displays, I did a couple of displays for MFC a while ago but never pursued it as it was a hassle dealing with xsplit, just need someone to test it all works when put in to my latest version of my data api program. If your interested give me a msg.

So the other night, I had everything set up in OBS and MFC showed a choppy preview, like Ambercutie said it would. But when I went to broadcast, none of the members could see me! It said "Video unavailable model may be offline" for them. On my end everything looked perfect! I wanted to try it again tonight, but this time I'm not even getting a preview on MFC. ):
This happened to me this evening as well. I'm on a Mac, not sure if that makes a difference!

Status
Not open for further replies.