AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

OF 'Offer' Messages

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2020
Australia
I'm a newcomer to OF, and subscribed because of one specific model.
I've been receiving fairly regular messages offering content that you pay to unlock.
The content is very short video clips, most are between 4 and 10 seconds long and are priced at $10-$20 each.
There is no preview or description to know what the content is, so I'd be buying without any clues.
I want to support this model, but this seems like a bit of a 'lucky dip' scenario.

As a newb to OF, I'm finding my way still, but am wondering if this approach to offering locked content for sale without description is common?

Reactions: yummybrownfox
I've been receiving fairly regular messages offering content that you pay to unlock.
The content is very short video clips, most are between 4 and 10 seconds long and are priced at $10-$20 each.
There is no preview or description to know what the content is, so I'd be buying without any clues.
I want to support this model, but this seems like a bit of a 'lucky dip' scenario.

As a newb to OF, I'm finding my way still, but am wondering if this approach to offering locked content for sale without description is common?

I have a similar scenario, but luckily the lady and I have known each other for a while and she actually asked me a couple of days ago "Why do you never buy my videos?"
She knows I will always be honest with her, I won't try to exaggerate scenarios or reasons, nor will I be rude about it. So I explained exactly what you have said: I told her that without a preview I could be buying something I would regret, and gave an example (maybe it's a foot fetish video but I do not like this). I also explained that a 34 second clip (this was the one she recently tried selling and why she asked me) is not "for me" because there is just nothing I can do with this kind of clip, it's too short. I don't have money to "waste" so I need to have a preview and know what I am buying, and it really needs to be a few minutes long, and then I can/will decide. For me to buy a <1 min clip, it is going to have to be something I am really loving.

I think I explained or said more too but this was the general gyst of it, and she appreciated the feedback and thanked me (this is the lady who asked me to rate her pussy by the way lol).

Reactions: rockin_rod

My OF page is free to subscribe to, and subscribers have to pay to unlock each video post (Most are $4.99 each). I know that there is a way that the model can add a free preview snapshot to that same post (So you guys would see the snapshot for free, but have to pay the $4.99 to unlock the video), but I really don't like the way it's set up because it looks like the model could mistakenly wind up making the whole post (with the video) free in the process. So what I'll do is make the video post with the $4.99 price to unlock it, and type in a short description. Post that, and then right after that I'll make a separate post (free for all subscribers to view) containing a snapshot from the video.

But what I might start doing...like what we have to do on ManyVids...is make little 5-second snippets from the video, and post that onto OF for free. Instead of just the snapshot.

Reactions: Brit and rockin_rod
I'm subbed to a few models on OF, and they all do things a bit different:
  • One is similar to your model but offers descriptions like "Sexy strip show" or "Took some pics in the shower". She also has a more detailed tip menu, so you can gauge what you're getting by checking what the description of a similar priced menu item is.
  • Another model posts a preview pic or vid and then asks for tips of a certain amount and she'll send the full vid as a message within a day or so.
  • Yet another model gives vague descriptions and I don't buy much of her content because of it.
One way to gauge quality is seeing how many "likes" the clips have. If they don't have many likes, she may not be getting many people to buy. You can always send a message (or a message with a small tip to get to the top of her inbox) and suggest she offers descriptions for at least some of these vids. They seem a bit pricey for only 5-10sec of content unless she is a non-nude model and this is the only option for more risqué content.

Reactions: rockin_rod
My OF page is free to subscribe to, and subscribers have to pay to unlock each video post (Most are $4.99 each). I know that there is a way that the model can add a free preview snapshot to that same post (So you guys would see the snapshot for free, but have to pay the $4.99 to unlock the video), but I really don't like the way it's set up because it looks like the model could mistakenly wind up making the whole post (with the video) free in the process. So what I'll do is make the video post with the $4.99 price to unlock it, and type in a short description. Post that, and then right after that I'll make a separate post (free for all subscribers to view) containing a snapshot from the video.

But what I might start doing...like what we have to do on ManyVids...is make little 5-second snippets from the video, and post that onto OF for free. Instead of just the snapshot.

This happened to a model a couple of times. Each time I did let her know and she deleted them. It was 3 photos locked to purchase and a free 10 minute video, basically.
This was in DM that she did it but she did it twice.

Edit:
Just to note on this what happened, she is not and was not some "newb" or amateur and she is American, so it wasn't lack of understanding. I guess just a lack of how unclear the format is for posting - which I think needs to be improved if it's still the same

• Hugs
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Thanks for the replies! Sounds like there is a mixture of approaches to this then.
The model is new to OF too, so I will send her a tip and ask if she might consider adding at least a brief description of the content.
And yes @mefd I thought the same thing, won't be much in a 4-sec clip, maybe an air kiss or nice smile. But she is a great model and I subscribed to support her, so I may just check out a few regardless.
Also (forgive me, I've already admitted to being new to OF) it seems all of the purchased/unlocked content on OF is non-downloadable, is that correct? So a bit like iTunes etc you are effectively purchasing the right to play the content but not save it?

Status
Not open for further replies.