AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

One month into camming and...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AliceKarina

Inactive Cam Model
May 20, 2016
The Moon
Twitter Username
@AliceKarinaMFC
MFC Username
AliceKarina
Streamate Username
RadicalAlice
Chaturbate Username
RadicalAlice
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/716003/RadicalAlice/
I feel hopeless :(

I have been making content, keeping a consistent schedule, regularly updating Twitter, interacting with everyone who talks to me on all media platforms, turn out custom videos the day of purchase if possible, engage with my room in conversation 100% (only 10% of the 8-10 people who are ever in my room talk to me...) get up and dance around frequently, play fun music, have sales and deals and offline sales, have raffles and games and sometimes costumes and themes.

I've been doing everything I read. I still can't find one regular tipper. I can't raise my score because nobody ever comes to my room. I am at a loss, I quit my job to do this full time. Now I feel like I will never succeed...

Sorry, saw you literally titled your post answering my question haha. Anyway, one month isn't really long enough to become established. Sure, some girls shoot right up in popularity from the very beginning, but that's not how it works for most cam performers. Keep at it. Try other sites. Maybe get a part-time job to make up for missed income until you are earning more.

Well, I mean this as kindly as possible, quitting your old job to jump right into camming full-time was a huge and probably ill-advised risk to take, since you have no idea what your earning potential is, and are brand new to the business. I think that would be true of any new business venture. As I said, it takes time to start making a livable income, it doesn't happen overnight for 99.999% of performers. A lot of people see this as the slowest time of year for camming income, so that could be working against you, as well.

Have you tried private-based sites?

Even if you do follow all the advice given here and elsewhere to a T, it does not guarantee success or a certain earning level.

I feel hopeless :(

I have been making content, keeping a consistent schedule, regularly updating Twitter, interacting with everyone who talks to me on all media platforms, turn out custom videos the day of purchase if possible, engage with my room in conversation 100% (only 10% of the 8-10 people who are ever in my room talk to me...) get up and dance around frequently, play fun music, have sales and deals and offline sales, have raffles and games and sometimes costumes and themes.

I've been doing everything I read. I still can't find one regular tipper. I can't raise my score because nobody ever comes to my room. I am at a loss, I quit my job to do this full time. Now I feel like I will never succeed...

Wow, that's really impressive that you do all of that and send out custom videos the same day! It's making me wonder if you're forcing yourself to do too much, and putting a little too much on your plate all at once? When it comes to custom videos, models usually tell members they'll have them out to them in about a week (sometimes two). Make sure you're not burning yourself out. That can result in you hating your job and not wanting to do it anymore.

You've only been camming for a month, and this is MyFreeCams we're talking about. It's just a hell of a site for a new cam girl to start out on.

I've got a silly question...when you say "full time," you don't actually mean being live on MyFreeCams for 8 hours every day, right? I'm assuming you meant being on MFC for a few hours a night + spending time making/editing videos + posting on Twitter, right? Did you quit your job because you had been doing well with camming/videos part-time in the beginning? You can still do the camming/videos part-time, and like Mollie_ said, get yourself a part-time job too.

Some info on work from home jobs

Real Ways to Earn latest job leads:
http://realwaystoearnmoneyonline.com/jobs

Rat Race Rebellion latest job leads:
http://ratracerebellion.com/job_postings/
(Or click 'Jobs By Category' to sort the different opportunities by category.)

http://workathomemomrevolution.com/fresh-work-at-home-job-leads/

http://www.workplacelikehome.com/forum/forum.php

Being self employed isn't really a instant reward kind of thing. A lot of these people want to make sure you're actually going to do this. Think about it from a members perspective. If a member wants to invest in you then he/she wants to make sure you're not going to just up and leave after a month. There is some form of actual bonding between regular tippers and models and for a lot a month isn't enough time. Would you consider someone a best friend after only knowing them for a month?

I know it's hard and makes the whole experience that much harder, but just pull through. Tipping sites on average take a few months to get decently established and get a few regulars, but for a lot of girls it takes a year or even longer. It has nothing to do with your looks either. Regular tippers are more interested in you. Just give it time.

I totally agree with LunaTuna here. I have quite a few examples, but here's one: guy randomly comes in, likes the music, I don't know him and he doesn't know me and decides to tip me for a song request (normally I ignore those, I play MY music, sometimes they send stupid songs that either annoy or bum me out). So whatever, it was 100 tkns, I play it. I actually like it. He doesn't tip again. I keep hoping in my heart he will return. He does. For a month, he only tipped 100 tokens and only stopped by once a week. After 3 months he would throw 3600 tokens per visit, sometimes 5000. But after 3 months.
Don't lose hope, keep at it, I know exactly how you feel. When I first started camming, I quit a (poorly paid) job and on my first check I made....40 dollars. Then 200. And for 6-7 months I never went above 450. And then I don't know, enough time went by and I got to 700-800. Then for a year I was at 1200. It grows little by little, it sucks but there it is.
You definitely should try other sites, private based ones do help sometimes. I was on this despicable french one, but hey, it added about 200 euros to my income. It really helps.
Also, you can't make customs and send them on that same day, I mean DAMN that's great. But like Songbird_Shelly said, it might not be the best thing to do.
And you're so beautiful! You really are :inlove:

you know you look like the UK pop star foxes.. wishing you the best of luck.
keep at it! try different times. once you get a crowd it will grow itself.
MFC population is pretty split. not a judgment but you will appeal differently to different parts of the world
and with you profile that font size change can be hard to notice every thing I has to read some of it three time to see every thing
but you have the enthusiasm don't be a afraid to log off and try again later. remember to have fun once you see it as work your attitude changes.. but don't give up yet.

I don't have any advice, I just wanted to commiserate. I've been doing this for about 6 months and still don't have any stable or great income, but I have other issues (a baby who still wakes up every two hours at 13 months, fml) that affect my tips. It sounds like you have an incredible work ethic! Keep at it, I'm sure it will pay off.

Thank you everyone.

I realize my original post might have come off a both whiny, and for that I apologize and appreciate everyone's patience with my noobiness. I'm going to keep plugging away at it and have patience with myself and the business I am trying to build. GothicFeline---thank you, I totally see what you mean about the profile! I should tinker away with that too.

Thank you everyone.

I realize my original post might have come off a both whiny, and for that I apologize and appreciate everyone's patience with my noobiness. I'm going to keep plugging away at it and have patience with myself and the business I am trying to build. GothicFeline---thank you, I totally see what you mean about the profile! I should tinker away with that too.

I am going to direct you to @Miss_Lollipop and the cam girl tool kit. look at her profile built with it I beleve
not whiny at all just frustrated.

Don't be discouraged! I have been told by so many cam girls that you have to keep at this business for a while to really know what you can make.
I don't know if this helps, but have you tried Streamate? I absolutely love that site for camming. Hope this helps at least a little! :p

I haven't tried Streamate! I think if I have another slow day on MFC and Chaturbate then Streamate will be my next little experiment :)

Thank you all again, I am humbled by the wonderful advice and kindness

I haven't tried Streamate! I think if I have another slow day on MFC and Chaturbate then Streamate will be my next little experiment :)

Thank you all again, I am humbled by the wonderful advice and kindness
Streamate and Chaturbate seem the most n00b friendly, from what I've seen.

You know speaking of that, working in a studio kinda sucked a lot. There would be hours, shit, days where I made zero tokens (I had no strategy because I was a big enough sucker to believe them when they said "don't make a plan just show up online"). Imagine: 7-8 hours online and nothing. They did fire girls for not showing up, so I had to keep coming back :sweating: But yeah, here I am 3 years later, still going online and not letting the zeros take over ^^

You know speaking of that, working in a studio kinda sucked a lot. There would be hours, shit, days where I made zero tokens (I had no strategy because I was a big enough sucker to believe them when they said "don't make a plan just show up online"). Imagine: 7-8 hours online and nothing. They did fire girls for not showing up, so I had to keep coming back :sweating: But yeah, here I am 3 years later, still going online and not letting the zeros take over ^^
My goodness, studios seem so oppressive to the goal of camming--at least in my personal point of view. I feel like it's kind of like having a cooking show--only you are in front of a live audience. Nobody will really eat the food, but that isn't the point. They get to watch you eat it--but more importantly, they watch you think about the food, use your hands to wash the ingredients and use your skills to cut and prepare the dish. It's interactive, but it's also peeking at something you really never see because it doesn't exist outside your need for it--chefs don't cook like they do on shows. They don't talk through their process, or joke and barber as they cut up a chicken. The point is that it's magic, but it's magic done by a friend who you have never met.

I'm glad you're out of the studio is the short version of what I'm trying to say (wtf, am I high?)

• Hugs
Reactions: NekoMieow
Ugh, banter not barber. Oh my god.
Maybe them chickens get hairdos & shaves first, you never know! :haha: I'm glad I'm out too! A toast to freedom and the wonderful community we found here! We'll make that magic happen!:angel::blush:

Reactions: AliceKarina
I didn't start camming until I had been an established sex worker for three and a half years. It helped so much. People knew me, wanted to see me. I had a ton of different types of content people could buy already. I was established in the industry. And I owe that to why I've been so successful camming since I started.

Obviously you already started, but you should definitely try other things on the side.

Personally, I think the least important things a new camgirl should be focusing her time and energy into are
1) a fancy profile, club graphics, etc
2) making content, or more specifically filming videos

Neither of things are bad. Your profile looks really nice. Your videos are priced fairly. But when you're new and not making much per hour to begin with, it seems like a lot of effort to put into your profile and videos when all of that is unpaid filming, editing, graphic design and coding time.

The industry is flooded. The market is saturated with girls who think they're suited to be great cam models. It's all based on supply and demand and at the moment there's a thousand models online at any given time on MFC or CB. You have to stand out. There's also an element of luck. You never know when a big spender will come in and potentially drop a bomb on you, but you can't rely on that or expect it. I personally think camming requires a bit of finesse, and that is something that comes natural to some who immediately succeed, while others develop it over time. Some never get the hang of it and can't carve their niche in the industry. Some girls don't do well on cam sites so they do strictly clip sites. But this industry is more cut throat than ever these days and it's certainly not for everyone.

Hopefully you will have more luck in the future and find something that works for you and a camming style that is more lucrative.

Personally, I think the least important things a new camgirl should be focusing her time and energy into are
1) a fancy profile, club graphics, etc
2) making content, or more specifically filming videos

Neither of things are bad. Your profile looks really nice. Your videos are priced fairly. But when you're new and not making much per hour to begin with, it seems like a lot of effort to put into your profile and videos when all of that is unpaid filming, editing, graphic design and coding time.

The industry is flooded. The market is saturated with girls who think they're suited to be great cam models. It's all based on supply and demand and at the moment there's a thousand models online at any given time on MFC or CB. You have to stand out. There's also an element of luck. You never know when a big spender will come in and potentially drop a bomb on you, but you can't rely on that or expect it. I personally think camming requires a bit of finesse, and that is something that comes natural to some who immediately succeed, while others develop it over time. Some never get the hang of it and can't carve their niche in the industry. Some girls don't do well on cam sites so they do strictly clip sites. But this industry is more cut throat than ever these days and it's certainly not for everyone.

Hopefully you will have more luck in the future and find something that works for you and a camming style that is more lucrative.
Thank you. Ive been using down time when nobody in my room is talking and tipping, thinking it was best to keep producing content? What would be a better use of time? Not trying to sound rude, I just don't want to be lazy about important stuff because I'm focusing in the wrong area.

Reactions: EllaGray
I would start on Streamate...you do very little besides sit, be nice, be chatty and engaging and work long hours. No videos, no other offline work, that's about it. If you are consistent and work hard plus have great tech you'll make good money there.

While you are busy with that, you can then think about your game plan on MFC. Watch rooms, do some research, start thinking about how you want your show to look, what you want to be as a brand and as a camgirl. Come back to MFC when you have a game plan like that and you know what you want to do down to a T.

The hustle skills you pick up elsewhere will help you on MFC, but its not a site to go on when you are worried about things or you NEED money.

Thank you. Ive been using down time when nobody in my room is talking and tipping, thinking it was best to keep producing content? What would be a better use of time? Not trying to sound rude, I just don't want to be lazy about important stuff because I'm focusing in the wrong area.

Anything that guarantees you're making money. Taking private shows. Doing custom videos for payment in advance. Things like that. But working on your profile will never pay off (believe me) and no matter how beautiful your videos are, it's a slim chance you'll bank on videos or photosets. In my past 5+ years camming videos have never been the most lucrative way to spend my time. It's nice to have a repertoire of videos you're proud of, but I didn't make or sell any videos til about two years into camming. It's just never a guarantee that anything will sell.

I would love to be doing privates or creating content that has been paid for...but it hasn't been happening. In my off hours when nobody is talking or tipping I can't make the money appear from thin air, but what I can do is streamline what doesn't cost me money: my profile and making content that I can raffle off and use as prizes. I've sold a few videos so far and have used them as prizes too and it's been going okay.

Reactions: NekoMieow
Status
Not open for further replies.