AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Open Letter to all of the MFC Viewers

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MeekoRaccoon said:
To be honest, from my limited experience, I've had a much more interesting time picking a model at random (irrespective of cam score) and saying hi. I wish the MFC setup encouraged that a bit more.
But they have. Now at the top of the streaming pages are models that are similar to whoever you're watching. I've seen girls with camscores under 1000 mere centimeters away from the camrooms of girls in top 20. It's not ideal, since you have to already be watching that top model in the first place, but for the average member just cruising the top rooms anyway, it's a great way for lower-camscore models to get some exposure.

Personally, one of my favorite new MFC features!

The only thing I have to say is this:

Yes, we all make our own luck in this world *job, money making n etc*
Yes, we all get frustrated as models
Yes, its wrong to blame OTHERS why we arent making money ( of course i would, but in my mind only)

I think the LEAST members can do is: Just talk! If you talk, you make a girl feel more confident. She feels confident, she starts the teasing, and teasing (in my case) equals tips. When the member feels comfortable w you and don't think you're begging, they'll end up spending more than a few tks on you.

HOWEVER, I agree w some of the frustrations (cuz theres a LOT OF MODELS FRUSTRATED) but, me personally, I have noone to blame, and I know I'm a good camgirl. If one shift was bad, well theres more opportunities to have good shifts

:thumbleft: :twocents-02cents:

VeronicaChaos said:
MeekoRaccoon said:
To be honest, from my limited experience, I've had a much more interesting time picking a model at random (irrespective of cam score) and saying hi. I wish the MFC setup encouraged that a bit more.
But they have. Now at the top of the streaming pages are models that are similar to whoever you're watching. I've seen girls with camscores under 1000 mere centimeters away from the camrooms of girls in top 20. It's not ideal, since you have to already be watching that top model in the first place, but for the average member just cruising the top rooms anyway, it's a great way for lower-camscore models to get some exposure.

Personally, one of my favorite new MFC features!

It is hard for people to even notice this feature though.
I know just from asking around that when a lot of guys are browsing rooms, they're using a popup room which doesn't bring up the "similar to" category.

SexyStephXS said:
One thing that's bothering me in this "you're all generic and therefore it's your fault now" explanation is we're dealing with people, not electronics. We could all do the exact same shows but there would still be a reason why some guys like model x and others like model y. To a degree the blackberry vs other smartphone analogy might work, but it doesn't entirely.

Most models you enjoy spending time with are based on personality. Her cool shows or masturbation talents got your attention but you stayed because you found her obsession with brawtwurst adorable or the fact that she gets incredibly excited about Harry Potter makes you get excited too.

I don't have much to say about Spexy's letter. I agree with some of the spirit of it. Seriously, if I see your face in my room daily and never even talk, you suck. I'm not talking first time viewers, I'm talking people that show up nightly for weeks on end. But I do actually regret reblogging it because the tone bugs me upon re-reading with a cooler head.

But please, let's not try to reduce this to acting as if models are electronics who have all become too similar to make you like one over the other. Certain viewers will click with certain camgirls in the same way they may click with certain women as romantic partners or other adults as friends. Even if those camgirls or those friends or those women are dressing the same way, doing the same things as another, there's something about personalities that click.

You are all human beings, you're all unique, cute and fun in your own ways. However, your uniqueness isn't what's being presented at the forefront of camming. When I go into a model's room, especially one where the room is quiet or the count is struggling, I'm usually not hearing conversations like "I love brawtwurst", I'm hearing "Hello guys? Let's get this topic done. Clear my board. Tips for my video count".

There's a model I followed on Twitter yesterday, whom I think is attractive and I've seen lots over the course of 2 years. Watching her, trying to interact with her...nothing special ever clicked. To my surprise her Vines make her seem like an entirely different person. She's funny, super talented, and quite personable. I watched her again last night for a few hours as a guest to see if maybe this was something I had missed...and she had an active room talking...but again none of that awesome uniqueness was present.

I agree whole heartedly that members, especially regulars pick their favorites based on unique factors. I would say my favorite is quite unique, however it took me weeks before I really started talking to her. Months before I noticed how much I liked her uniqueness over others and started really tipping to see her shows or just to give her something. In real life, if you meet someone or date someone usually it takes time before you discover their uniqueness and love at first sight is rare. How long does it take you to decide if you like someone usually? If you have some ask your regulars how long they watched before they started talking to you. How long did it take before they were regularly coming to see you? What was it that did it?

I think sometimes models forget members are consumers. They're weighing their options, trying to decide where to allocate their time and money. MFC is different than searching for a romantic partner because right in front of you is a grid of good looking sweet girls. There's tons of cute brunettes. There's a bunch girls with tattoos. There's lots of girls that like video games. You have to feel her out to see if she's actually nice, fake nice or a raging bitch. You know you're unique, I know you're unique, but that's not what I'm seeing. First impressions are important. Just like in a job application process. If your resume looks like everyone else's, if your rhetoric sounds like everyone else's, your credentials are more or less the same as everyone else's you're going to get lost in the shuffle. It's the person that either has the best credentials or makes the most unique impression on the employer that gets the job. Don't rely on us to eventually discover how you're different, unique or awesome you are. Because if we're going to say member's should stick around long enough to see what makes a model so unique - we might be back at square one.

I also think some of the copycating and whitewashing can be to your detriment. A guy might see you and your "club" and go..."oh she's one of those girls", "I had a bad experience with one of those models before". You might push your videos and they might recall a time they bought a video or a video pack and it sucked or they never got it. They won't buy your snapchat because they bought another girl's and it sucked. Again I'm not saying don't offer these things, but don't make that the face of who you are and how you present yourself...if your goal is to engage members and have regulars that truly care about you.

Do I think "generic" models is the answer to why all members are not talking or tipping? NO. Again, this is just my point of view. Both of my posts are just my analysis, from a member's perspective. As someone I think is what models want in their room. A tipper, a talker and a genuine person. I'm sure there are tons of guys that will have their own reasons and feelings about this. I'm simply making a plea for more of the originality, uniqueness and creativity to be pushed to the front. Not just shows, but in all aspects of camming. Some people might say you're not giving the girls enough time or effort to see how awesome they are. Again, it is your job to present yourself in a manner that attracts me and shows me your uniqueness as quickly as possible. Because if you're waiting on me to see your uniqueness, you had better believe that when my money is on the line I'm going to take my time and weigh all my options.

If you're a model that feels like you're already being super unique, creative and engaging then I applaud you and I hope you're doing well on cam. If you're a model wondering what can I maybe do other than write an open letter or tweet complaints that reaches an audience of potentially good members and alienates them? As just one member, I say...try to be more unique and original. Just try it. Try to push a little more what makes you so special to the front. Try to present and market yourself in a manner other than how everyone else does. Try to remember you're in a business with a lot of competition. Try to remember how even though it may be difficult at times, it's a wonderful job.

Reactions: LadyLuna
SpexyAshleigh said:
I personally don't see how this topic could get heated...call me silly but I like to think that every member on here would agree that silent lurkers and chronic freeloaders are a bad thing, no?

I've gotten a bit of backlash from it, people saying I sound entitled, but you know what? Again, call me ridiculous, but I believe I DO deserve to have more people tipping for the many hours per week they sit in my chat room being entertained and I DEFINITELY deserve to be conversed with during my cam shifts instead of being ignored.

*shrugs*

Hell yeah! No argument from me on that. :clap:

I'll preface this with the info that I’ve been nearly 4 years on MFC (since April ’10) and I consider myself to be a varied tipper. I don’t purchase photosets or vids, I prefer the interaction element and will tip for countdowns, offlines, shows… pretty much anything really… but I’ll always reward hard effort above anything else.

IMO, those individuals who have become regular tipping members on MFC have been able to recognise both the business side and the human side of the person on the other side of the lens. I realize that what is presented on screen is the cumulative effect of many hours of hard work, planning, organising, producing content etc. … which most of us members can appreciate is not easy. I can therefore see how it is mightily frustrating for girls to have put in many hours of work in preparation, only to be faced with just tumbleweed and crickets coming back from the masses of the great unwashed on the other side.

I see girls who use a countdown end up doing a show just to reach the main show and hit that target. They become their own support act for the main event, telling jokes, dancing, singing, teasing and flashing etc. all to reach that goal. I don't think it’s a big reach to expect a few more of the lurkers and freeloaders to contribute in those circumstances… as it is ENTERTAINMENT after all. No? Well, I think it is.

Everything counts, even in small amounts… so I can’t see how it would empty member wallets to simply throw in the odd 20 or 30 tokens along the way. I still can’t fully understand why some guys will never tip. I don’t have that mindset… thank fuck. After all, its not gonna break the bank... $20 will not even cover the price of 2 packs of cigs here in the UK... so wtf guys!!!

I believe the freeloaders on MFC will sadly always just see the “job” side of camming and nothing more. They know the cost of everything… but the value of nothing. The girls as such may not even exist to them… in their minds most likely dehumanized down to just T & A in a box. Freeloaders have no interest in the journey… only the destination. Their only focus is on whether they can see what they want and get it for free. Entertainment for them means only the sexy stuff will suffice… all that dancing, singing, teasing and flashing just ain’t gonna cut it with them.

I have another angle on the Bono analogy that was used earlier. Let us suppose that Bono and his U2 buds were to make a new album. It would have started life as a selection of scribbled notes… written and rewritten, before becoming rough demos, which then would be moulded, crafted and shaped into full blown songs. These would then be rehearsed by the full band, taken into the studio (or studios) after a time to be arranged, recorded, mixed, remixed, edited etc… a process that takes many months to complete. Finally, those brand new, completed songs are given to the record company who arrange to press a CD and ship it across the world to thousands of locations for it to be sold to the waiting fans.

Still with me so far... good! Now, if 98% of those shiny new CD’s were to be stolen and for Bono and his buds to pick up no reward for all their months of hard labour on such a project… would he be pissed? Too fucking right he would !!! From my perspective, taking in show after show and never tipping is just like stealing CD’s from a store. It is so not cool.

Oh… and as to the freeloaders being regarded as “potential tippers”, I look at that process as being similar to panning for gold… just as long as you remember that on average it takes sifting through 3.3 tons of ore to find 1 ounce of gold. That’s a helluva lot of dirt to shift to find the shiny stuff!

So, I empathise with the girls who have worked hard, sweated blood, brought their A game to town and yet still got the “sit and stare” brigade… that is pretty crappy. Just don’t get disheartened at the odd night when you crash and burn… it happens. Some days seem to be more freeloader heavy than others it seems. Wednesdays seem to be the worst. As long as you interact tippers will come… involve us, engage us and we will always reward that effort.

For those girls who don’t put in the effort though, I sadly can’t rise to the same level of empathy. If a girl just sits like a lump of wood and waits for tokens to come her way, while doing nothing to interact with her room, or is being distracted by constant texting, watching TV etc then she really can’t be surprised if people just stay silent or they hit the “next” button.

We reap what we sow in this life… even on MFC. Harsh maybe… but true. :(

:twocents-02cents:

TheCultOfLeo said:
I also think some of the copycating and whitewashing can be to your detriment. A guy might see you and your "club" and go..."oh she's one of those girls", "I had a bad experience with one of those models before". You might push your videos and they might recall a time they bought a video or a video pack and it sucked or they never got it. They won't buy your snapchat because they bought another girl's and it sucked. Again I'm not saying don't offer these things, but don't make that the face of who you are and how you present yourself...if your goal is to engage members and have regulars that truly care about you.

This bit is great advice in my opinion. If you are selling something that many other girls sell - try to sell it in a way that lets them 'see' it/want it. FOR example - LilyMarie's awesome video marketing is a great example. I got *really* interested in her video because she had these cute little reviews from members and models, and a very descriptive summary including time/quality etc and some great preview shots.

I also bought one girls snapchat because she was showing previews in public chat - very quickly on her phone .. and her animals were adorable and hilarious and i like animals and so i knew that when i bought her 'snapchat' i was likely to get cute animal pictures.

And your 'branding' (the face of you) should not be something that lots of other girls have. It should be something unique/catchy/interesting.

Miss_Lollipop said:
TheCultOfLeo said:

This bit is great advice in my opinion. If you are selling something that many other girls sell - try to sell it in a way that lets them 'see' it/want it. FOR example - LilyMarie's awesome video marketing is a great example. I got *really* interested in her video because she had these cute little reviews from members and models, and a very descriptive summary including time/quality etc and some great preview shots.

I also bought one girls snapchat because she was showing previews in public chat - very quickly on her phone .. and her animals were adorable and hilarious and i like animals and so i knew that when i bought her 'snapchat' i was likely to get cute animal pictures.

And your 'branding' (the face of you) should not be something that lots of other girls have. It should be something unique/catchy/interesting.

As someone who tends to buy videos more than anything else, I agree with all of this.

Sometimes I've been in a room and the girl is selling videos, and she's fucking amazing to look at. So I'll purchase a vid only to find terrible quality, extremely short clips, terrible camerawork, and me completely regretting my purchase.

Reactions: LadyLuna and Misono
eclipse76 said:
RebeccaT said:
UncleRukus said:
RebeccaT said:
I wonder how much this would be eased if there was no camscore.
With no camscore what would differentiate one model from other? The Romanian models with the 100s of fake guest would be listed first.

What would differentiate us? Well, we are all different!
I think what he meant was "how would the models be listed if no camscore".
So probably by number of persons in the room, like CT, which would probably favor models with nude shows going on.
Although members can already list the models however they want.
Right, popularity which caters to shows already in progress/paid for as far as members are concerned, or alphabetically which is open to manipulation...as are probably most other ways of sorting.

Not sure what the most democratic method is - it certainly isn't to have a camscore though.

Reactions: RebeccaT
Jupiter551 said:
eclipse76 said:
RebeccaT said:
UncleRukus said:
RebeccaT said:
With no camscore what would differentiate one model from other? The Romanian models with the 100s of fake guest would be listed first.

So probably by number of persons in the room, like CT, which would probably favor models with nude shows going on.
Right, popularity which caters to shows already in progress/paid for as far as members are concerned, or alphabetically which is open to manipulation...as are probably most other ways of sorting.

Not sure what the most democratic method is - it certainly isn't to have a camscore though.

Oh, all right, I'll decide the order in which everybody is listed if nobody else will.

Bribes accepted.

yossarian said:
Oh, all right, I'll decide the order in which everybody is listed if nobody else will.

Bribes accepted.

Right, I'm sure Leo is beating down doors to find out how to ditch camscore, popular rooms, miss mfc and anything else that pulls traffic and site revenue hehe...

Honestly camsites are never going to ditch nude shows sorting near the top by default I reckon because it's undeniably good for traffic to have visitors greeted by tits 'n ass.

All this made me do, in all honestly, was find the OP and promptly add to my MFC ignore list. I really wouldn't want to stumble across someone with that mindset when I'm trying to spend my money on entertainment.

But it's not a unique point of view. It definitely comes across as having a sense of entitlement. Models, quite rightly, may see this as a job. You have a business model though where to an extent you are providing the same service no matter how much or how little someone pays you. Granted, you can do privates as the exception to this, but there's not really a huge incentive for people to tip in my view. Those lurkers? They just want to get off. Chances are, they'll be able to do that without typing or actually spending money. That right there is their aim.

Tippers and talkers are probably more on the site for the social aspect. My tips go during interesting conversations, alongside the occasional video. I don't care for countdowns or public shows, and frequently leave a room if one is happening even if I have been actively tipping.

End of the day, if you're unhappy about freeloaders getting to see everything and doing nothing to contribute, you'd need to most likely form a website with a subscription model, where people could only access if they're paying a monthly fee on top of tips. Otherwise, you just need to dry your eyes and deal with it.

RainyDayGuy said:
Jupiter551 said:
it's undeniably good for traffic to have visitors greeted by tits 'n ass.

I'll try to remember that for my next dinner party.

I wish I could thank you more than once for this!

Miss_Lollipop said:
Thank you, Lolli. :shock:
I'll expand on this a little bit.

I believe that especially if you have content that's priced a bit higher than average, you should go out of your way to advertise it well, or you might end up disappointed with your sales.

Lolli's talking about my recent b/g spanking video - I did the same thing with my first b/g video 2 years ago, which is kind of pricy too; I made gifs from it, tweeted different preview shots, included reviews on my profile that came from people who had pre-ordered the video. I wanted to make sure people would know what they'd get for their money.
When I see a girl with just a list of video titles on her profile, no descriptions, no images, no nothing, I ask myself who's going to buy them. Especially if they're priced high. I guess if you're really, really into that camgirl, you'll buy her videos without needing any further information. But there are more than enough people who don't think that way and who need to see something, or else they'll feel like they're buying a pig in a poke (I looked that expression up in a dictionary, do people actually say that? :lol: ). So you'll want to have a bit more than "anal video - 200 tokens. Dildo BJ - 150 tokens" on your profile. It's a good idea to provide members with facts they'll want to know, as well as using some colorful, non-boring language in your descriptions.

I don't want to sound arrogant, but the awesome success of the two videos that I advertised really well kind of speaks for itself. I know FOR SURE that if I hadn't advertised the hell out of the spanking video, and put tons of thought and time into the gif, the graphic including the reviews, and teaser photos which I hyped up on Twitter like nobody's business and which some people were anticipating, which is always a good thing - anyway, if I hadn't done these things, I wouldn't have sold nearly as many copies of the spanking video as I did. One "Guys, I have a new b/g spanking video" tweet and a small place on my profile wouldn't have worked.
Especially not considering its price (and considering that it's kind of a niche product!). I know that my video is worth its price, but other people don't know that until you make them believe it.

If you want to sell something awesome that you priced accordingly, make it look like the next best thing that you know it is. Be confident in your work and show it, and other people will get curious and buy it.

Jupiter551 said:
eclipse76 said:
RebeccaT said:
UncleRukus said:
RebeccaT said:

Camscore works pretty much perfectly as far as MFC is concerned. It gives the models that have a proven track record of making the site the most money the highest visibility, thus helping them make even more money for the site.

Looking at it objectively, on the one hand, I think it's kinda fair - all models start with the same camscore after all - but on the other, it does make it incredibly difficult for a lower camscore model to work their way up the ranks and they don't always get rewarded for their hard work with the higher visibility on the front page and the higher room traffic that comes with it that they probably deserve.

I do wonder if it would be better if camscore reset at the beginning of each month. There are drawbacks to that, especially for the current top models who have already worked hard to establish themselves as top models, and it would also mean that if a model can't cam for the first week of the month for whatever reason, they're gonna be playing catch-up with the other models for the rest of the month... but it would give each and every model the exact same opportunity to stake their place on the front page, it would increase competition and pretty much force models to distinguish themselves with unique shows or find themselves slipping down the rankings. Or it could just be a complete clusterfuck that ultimately benefits nobody. I don't know.

Chellelovesu said:
I read the responses that one tumblr guy had and it might've made me go on a rant on twitter.

Its incredibly insulting to hear the word "entitled" put to cam models asking to get paid for their work.

I devote my LIFE to my work. There hasn't been a day in the last four years where I didnt do something cam related.
I used to pull 50-60 hours of just live camming. I still try for at least 35 of JUST live. Not to mention the hours upon hours I've spent talking for free to people, advertising, taking free pictures, taking paid pictures, making videos, etc.
I've put thousands of dollars into creating a quality camview. I have a room in my house, a bathroom, and a closet devoted to my work. I've dealt with coming out and blackmail due to the sexual nature of my work.
I've hurt myself camming, I've gotten on when I had the flu, when I've been so sick I couldn't stand, when I had bronchitis for two months I got on every single day.

But yeah, camgirls like us are incredibly entitled for wanting to be paid for all of that and its the easiest job in the world.

I love my job, but its a JOB.
If this had been on tumblr I'd have reblogged :clap:

Reactions: BBellvue
LilyMarie said:
Lolli's talking about my recent b/g spanking video - I did the same thing with my first b/g video 2 years ago, which is kind of pricy too; I made gifs from it, tweeted different preview shots, included reviews on my profile that came from people who had pre-ordered the video. I wanted to make sure people would know what they'd get for their money.
When I see a girl with just a list of video titles on her profile, no descriptions, no images, no nothing, I ask myself who's going to buy them. Especially if they're priced high. I guess if you're really, really into that camgirl, you'll buy her videos without needing any further information. But there are more than enough people who don't think that way and who need to see something, or else they'll feel like they're buying a pig in a poke (I looked that expression up in a dictionary, do people actually say that? :lol: ). So you'll want to have a bit more than "anal video - 200 tokens. Dildo BJ - 150 tokens" on your profile. It's a good idea to provide members with facts they'll want to know, as well as using some colorful, non-boring language in your descriptions.

Agreed. At the very least, a nice if not short description is needed as well as how long said video is. If a model is charging what would cost the member upwards of $50 or more (I know the model doesn't make that much, but we're talking how much the member has to spend to get the video), then the member should know how long the video is, what is basically happening in it and potentially what resolution the video is in. I'd be more willing, for example, to purchase a 500 token video that is around 10 minutes in length, or longer, that has a description that sounds appealing, has a few screenshots as previews and that is 720p or better resolution over one that just says its title, is 5 minutes or under and is in standard TV resolution (640x480) or less-- or that doesn't tell me any of those things.

Models have to remember, we don't all purchase the $600 token package, which makes the tokens the cheapest they can be (but it still just under 8 cents per token and only just barely, 7.9x cents per), every time we buy tokens. When it comes to a 500 token video, it could cost the member $50 to buy the 550 tokens needed to purchase it and then have 50 tokens left over. And, frankly, with how much porn is on the net, for free, up to $50 for a single video is a LOT of money for someone to spend. Even when it comes to sites that charge per month, often someone can pay $30 or less for a single month and get dozens or hundreds of videos to choose from. Anyone who has been watching porn for a while already has favorite porn actresses, most likely, and it's super easy to find those actresses in scenes for cheap or free. So models trying to sell videos of themselves need to make sure that they can make the members want to spend much more per video than what is available online... and barely descript names and preview shots don't often do that.

I remember seeing Lily's advert for her latest b/g vid on Twitter and Tumblr (at the time, she may have more I haven't heard about yet, this was a few months back) and very much considered buying it just based on the description and screenshots alone. I might, still, at some point. But, without her letting people know what was in it and the screenshots to show angles and such, I probably wouldn't bother even considering buying it.

And, we also have to remember, model video prices vary in ranges. Some have charged over 1500 tokens for a single video. So no one can assume that all models charge roughly the same for their videos. They vary from pretty cheap to 'I better be fucking blown away from this video because it just cost me $150 to buy'.

Totally off topic but I guess everything kind of is now...

I really wish everyone would stop trying to change the very basis of MFC and how it works.
If you prefer MFC to streamate, stop trying to turn it into streamate!

Camscore, ranking, top 20, easy to freeload... these are all what MFC IS! If those things changed it wouldn't be MFC anymore.

Don't like those things, go to another site! Prefer MFC to other sites? STAHP COMPLAINING!

This message was more geared to members than anything, because I think you guys worry entirely too much about this shit.
Then complain about models treating it like a business... stop obsessing about the business and maybe models will stop thinking you care about it enough to talk about.

Jupiter551 said:
AmberCutie said:
The only line that kinda got me was the line that said "surrounded by miserable women. And thats what your wives are for, no?"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

This did not sit well with me at well. I noticed the poster said they were kidding but really to me it seemed more like backpedalling out of making an offensive statement.

Implying that women who aren't involve in sex work are "miserable" & somehow less able to provide their partners with satisfying relationships & be completely satisfied themselves is something I was extremely surprised to see coming from a camgirl.

My wife sees our bank statements obviously, I've personally shown her what I do on MFC and she has looked at the website. The only problem she had was she was concerned if the girls were being mistreated & stuff along those lines.

She has zero problems with me wanting to occasionally buy tokens so I can play the hat game in Ginnypotter's room or whatever, just like I have zero problems when she & her work friends have "ladies night out" or something like that. If she wanted me to stop with mfc, I would instantly, it's no biggie. Of course she is ALWAYS my highest priority. She had nothing bad at all to say about camgirls so this just really really bugged me personally I guess.

mickerd said:
Implying that women who aren't involve in sex work are "miserable" & somehow less able to provide their partners with satisfying relationships & be completely satisfied themselves is something I was extremely surprised to see coming from a camgirl.

:naughty: Camgirls are just people. There are all kinds. And besides, everyone's going to say something stupid now and then.

JoleneBrody said:
Totally off topic but I guess everything kind of is now...

I really wish everyone would stop trying to change the very basis of MFC and how it works.
If you prefer MFC to streamate, stop trying to turn it into streamate!

Camscore, ranking, top 20, easy to freeload... these are all what MFC IS! If those things changed it wouldn't be MFC anymore.

Don't like those things, go to another site! Prefer MFC to other sites? STAHP COMPLAINING!

This message was more geared to members than anything, because I think you guys worry entirely too much about this shit.
Then complain about models treating it like a business... stop obsessing about the business and maybe models will stop thinking you care about it enough to talk about.
This. So much this.
MFC's set up is pretty brilliant for a tip based site. It encourages creativity, competition and hustle. I firmly believe ANY girl can make a decent living as a camgirl if she finds the groove or the right site. MFC is best left to the girls who do well under pressure, can afford the bad days and thrive in the midst of competition. If you're not making the money you want, it's time to look at your own game or look at other sites to work from. A lot of girls seem to think camscore is the beginning and end of it all. They stick to what they're doing despite it not working and wait for a whale to come throw tokens at them until they're up next to AspenRae where they feel they should have been all along. But, sitting around being pretty doesn't cut it on MFC. There are thousands of GORGEOUS girls over there in various states of undress and hijinks. Sure, you can raise your camscore if you're dedicated to sticking with MFC. I eventually got mine from the 300s to 2200 at its highest. Don't waste time shaking your fist at the camscore system. Learn to play the game or switch fields.

I, personally, am way too lazy for MFC. I'm not especially driven by money and my competitive spirit is lacking. I doll up a bit, sit around yapping (usually not a sexy word uttered), don't take direction and don't hustle. Would I like to pull down some top 20 cash? Heck yes. Am I willing to do anything involved in making that money? Nope. Not in the slightest. :lol: I packed my half assed mediocrity up and headed to Streamate. There, with the same lack of work ethic, I consistently manage to make what a 3500-4k camscore model makes on MFC.

What this open letter suggests is that models aren't in control of their own business. We are. If your bank account doesn't make you smile, it's not the members' faults. It's not your camscore beating you down. It's you. I, personally, find that comforting. You can change it. You are in control. You just have to be willing to alter what you're doing or where you're doing it.

They were talking about this letter in 10k when I went to bed 8 hours ago...and still are

Sevrin said:
:naughty: Camgirls are just people. There are all kinds. And besides, everyone's going to say something stupid now and then.

I wish my brain was working better today so as to facilitate a proper sarcastic joke in regards to this quote, but alas it is not. I am very disappointed in myself. Perhaps I do need to take a look inside and step up my game. (Bringing it around to the OP)

RainyDayGuy said:
Sevrin said:

I wish my brain was working better today so as to facilitate a proper sarcastic joke in regards to this quote, but alas it is not. I am very disappointed in myself. Perhaps I do need to take a look inside and step up my game. (Bringing it around to the OP)
Well, removing it from its context is a good start! I'm sure you'll think of something. :thumbleft:

Alexandra Cole said:
I read that letter as a call for empathy, not a declaration of entitlement.

I would agree it's an attempt for outsiders to empathize with the model's standpoint and a calling out for reciprocal action, or just do more in appreciation, from members (among other things).

Unfortunately, it came off condescending to say the least, thus appearing as an angry rant with a sideways attempt to give off an empathetic side. I don't mind for such a letter to be written & broadcasted for all members to read, as its message should certainly reach those who take models for granted. The problem is the manner in which the message is delivered.

I understand SpexyAshleigh's natural inclination is to be blunt. I get that speaking in euphemisms may not be in her DNA. The verbal jabs at the target audience doesn't encourage empathy when the author is directly in the face of the readers. If there are "good intentions," as Ashleigh stated, its been overshadowed by the choice words. As Yosarian indicated in an earlier response, a diplomatic approach, rather than a harsh kick in the ass, may warrant better results of understanding the models' POV, even if sails over some heads. Essentially, the same message can be rewritten with more tact.

Also hafta wonder what this could indicate for all models in general, as Ashleigh was speaking on behalf of her colleagues. There are those who can differentiate that this is strictly the author's attitude and not all models share the same sentiment. Unfortunately, not everyone can differentiate. If a member were to react with "why tip this model since she has this attitude," such member may even think "why tip ANY model since they have this attitude." Writing a smarmy letter filled with sarcasm doesn't inspire members to engage in more tipping or friendly chatting, as it could very well be counteractive for the SpexyAshleigh and possibly for all other models for that matter.

:twocents-02cents:

Sevrin said:
mickerd said:

I specifically said "from a camgirl" because I would imagine camgirls deal with ridiculous assumptions quite a bit, why do the same thing directed at others.

I certainly don't think SpexyAshleigh is any "kind" or "sort" of person, negative or anything like that. I just think she said one thing that was pretty crappy is all. Which is something everyone is guilty of at one time or another, I do agree. However if you choose to put a statement out there, regardless of any emotions behind it, you own it. That's the main point I guess.

Can I just say that not everything posted on the internet has a huge amount of thought behind it (ps: Im drunk while writing this, proving my own point to myself at least), and perhaps you are all looking into this a bit more than necessary? I posted something not terribly dissimilar via Twitter ages ago - and it didnt blow up into this. Im sure Ashleigh didnt intend on this becoming as "hot" of an issue as it has been.

Perhaps she phrased some things poorly, but seriously do you see this having any legitimate impact on the way MFC carries out business from here on out? Or this actually causing a significant portion of those targeted with the message actually contributing because of this? Cause Im 99% certain that it wont, but I can certainly empathize with her on the topic.

I dont think shes wrong in the slightest to feel this way, but I dont think she necessarily carried it out the best way. But shes only human, as are the rest of us, and who hasnt had a "rage" moment where they just speak their mind regardless of consequences? Im 100% guilty of that, personally. Sometimes its very possible to delve deeper into something than needed. Whats done is done, and Im pretty sure any damage done will be minimal to say the slightest, and hopefully the group who took this well and decided to upgrade/participate/tip more than before will stick with it.

I drunkenly vote that we just drop this, because I seriously think you all (who likely arent the target of this, seeing as you all likely contribute to even be on a forum like this and participate in this discussion) are putting way more thought into this than is really needed.

But Im just a drunk chick who runs her mouth once in awhile, so what do I know?

CallMeWilliam said:
Why do you give a shit about the freeloaders (or non-talkers) in the first place?

Another thing to consider.

Even if those freeloaders never tip, they help the model by just being in the room.

I prefer to have models listed by the number of people in the room, not the camscore. So if she has 300 "freeloaders," she will appear higher on the list for those of us who use this method, and thereby attract more.

No matter what, freeloaders are NOT hurting the model. It's not like she's paying extra for bandwidth to broadcast to them. So why get worked up about it?

And just because some guy freeloads for 2 hours today, doesn't mean he won't be a tipper tomorrow or next week or next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.