AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Opinions on CB's New Full Video Mode?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
I just tried out Chaturbate's new "Full Video Mode (beta)" feature, and I was impressed. You access this alternate mode for viewing a chat room by a link under the model's information, below the chat window. It takes a while to understand how it works. I recommend some steps to get oriented:

First, you want to take your browser full screen to get the total experience.

Second, resize and stretch out the chat window along the right edge of the screen. As you move away from that with the mouse cursor, the opacity of the chat makes it less conspicuous on the screen.

Third, try accessing all the menu options along the left edge of the screen. By default, audio may be turned off so you need to find the speaker gadget among the left-edge controls.

An increasing number of models are broadcasting in true 1080P, and I tried this feature out in the chat room of one of my favorite models at 1080P. The video resolution at 1080P in full screen on a 43 inch HDTV was stunning, and I found the interface for chat and control of features to co-exist with the full screen image in a very natural way.

MFC still cannot get better than 800x600 on most of its rooms, so I give credit here to CB for first advancing resolution, and now advancing user interface to support full screen video.

Reactions: dark_mermaid
Just to note I am not sure exactly but that BETA has been there for several months - maybe 4 or so. I tried it but didn't like it, not sure why, I guess because I switch between watching a model and having to do other stuff online (I only have one monitor). I will only go to full screen mode if I am 100% watching and enjoying - at which point I don't want to be seeing comments, I just want the model.

Kitsune, maybe send them some feedback regarding this, since it's still in BETA they have plenty of improvements to potentially add/change and getting model feedback is (or should be, I hope) vital to them.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores and dario80
I don't see a way to edit my own post above so I am double posting, sorry.

I tried the FS Mode today, it has changed a lot since I last saw it. There is a tip option on the left side AND if you hover over the comments in the bottom right it will appear too.
I don't like how it refreshes the whole page though when switching to/back the FS Mode. I mean, I had a PM with info inside as I was moderating, after attempting this feature, it didn't actually refresh, or show it but it did. That was annoying.

Other than that, from what I saw it was much better than I tried previously.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
It didn't seem that different from the last time I tried it. But, I do like the full screen capabilities with visible chat. Hope mfc gets there soon...

It looks good but tipping could be easier and it is annoying it reloads page swapping between full video and normal mode. Also maybe I just didn't look long enough but couldn't find the equivalent of gear icon to change chat settings. I'm guessing if there was no normal mode available i'd get used to it. Most time on cb I spend moderating and found full video made that more difficult to do.

From the model perspective I am not impressed. Members are less likely to tip on regular fullscreen and in full mode the tip button disappears.

Great point, and that user interface defect should be addressed. In fact they should make it even easier to tip in flexible ways with minimum key presses.

I also think they shouldn't be giving away 720p and 1080p for free as they do. They could charge a nominal amount per hour and split that with the model. Anyone who doesn't want to pay would camp out at 576p which is fine most of the time.

Just to note I am not sure exactly but that BETA has been there for several months - maybe 4 or so. I tried it but didn't like it, not sure why, I guess because I switch between watching a model and having to do other stuff online (I only have one monitor). I will only go to full screen mode if I am 100% watching and enjoying - at which point I don't want to be seeing comments, I just want the model.

I hated it when I first tried it a month ago. It wasn't until I manually reconfigured the UI elements and explored around that I changed my opinion. Eventually they need to have the default configuration be a lot more user friendly. I don't think people are going to appreciate manually moving elements around each time they want to use it. I agree in many cases you want to be able to slip out of full screen mode and do other things. It should be one key press to go back and forth to full screen and not have to worry about where things are located after you do that.

Just wanted to give people a heads up that CB has posted a newer version of their beta fullscreen chat interface. It's getting better. You still have to spend some time initially arrange elements on the screen, but once you do this and go full screen, it rocks. If you are going to hang with a model for a while, it's well worth the extra effort to view things this way.

• Helpful!
Reactions: dark_mermaid
The fact you can't resize the chat window's width isa huge no no for me. I hate that and the fact you can't "X" out of it to close it or minimize (as far as I can see, I know I can drag and move it but it's not the same). otherwise it's ok, it sometimes glitches out and doesn't load properly - it loads half way over the bio. But other than that it seems ok so far.

The fact you can't resize the chat window's width isa huge no no for me. I hate that and the fact you can't "X" out of it to close it or minimize (as far as I can see, I know I can drag and move it but it's not the same). otherwise it's ok, it sometimes glitches out and doesn't load properly - it loads half way over the bio. But other than that it seems ok so far.

I had no problem resizing the chat window. Try again.

I agree with you that you should be able to minimize the chat window. One interesting feature is that if there is no chat, the entire window just disappears. If you mouse-over the chat window it re-appears and if there is more chat activity it auto-appears.

The whole thing needs additional work. It's moving slowly. But they are improving it. I'll keep following developments.

I had no problem resizing the chat window. Try again.

I agree with you that you should be able to minimize the chat window. One interesting feature is that if there is no chat, the entire window just disappears. If you mouse-over the chat window it re-appears and if there is more chat activity it auto-appears.

The whole thing needs additional work. It's moving slowly. But they are improving it. I'll keep following developments.
Not to interject in a CB thread but MFC has had this for a little bit this now, and you can completely customize the look and size of the chat window, etc. Maybe give it a look.

Not to interject in a CB thread but MFC has had this for a little bit this now, and you can completely customize the look and size of the chat window, etc. Maybe give it a look.

How are you configuring that on MFC? On MFC the only full screen control I see is when I select the Volume link. That puts the video into full screen, but there is no overlay on the full screen video for the chat window.

How are you configuring that on MFC? On MFC the only full screen control I see is when I select the Volume link. That puts the video into full screen, but there is no overlay on the full screen video for the chat window.
If you click CHAT under a model's video, you can pull out the chat window, then close all the extra top/side/bottom areas of the MFC interface and get the fullest cam screen possible with the chat overlay. Mouse over the chat area to view/customize the chat window.
chatoverlay.PNG

Obviously this isn't full fullscreen since she isn't in full HD, but it I tried this with a girl in 1080 last week (when OBS was sorta working on MFC) and it was glorious.

Status
Not open for further replies.