AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Other people's funny misconceptions about you

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MissScarletxx said:
whenever I wear a corset out people ask me in the most sincere and worried way "can you breathe in that thing?!" which leaves me like
0Ju9ivP.jpg

a depressing number of people seem to think I can walk around and go about my day without needing to breathe.

Also because I'm young and have big boobs people assume that I'm just completely stupid.. which isn't all bad. I get to see the looks of surprise on their face when I change their minds ;)

Oh, the corset assumptions!

How do you wear that thing? Doesn't it hurt? How can you stand not breathing? I'd like to wear a corset, but I need to be able to bend over!

All of these and more. If you're in pain or unable to breathe or bend, you're doing it wrong. I have taken down a shop at ren faire, including tearing down the tent and packing the vehicle, and scooped a temper-tantruming toddler off the ground, while at a 7" reduction of my waist. Don't tell me you can't bend in a corset. :snooty:

People online are sometimes surprised that someone can spend a lot of time online and still be in great shape. They either assume I'm big or some skinny nerd stereotype but I am neither.

People are sometimes surprised that someone can love punk music and skating but not have any tattoos or piercings but I gots neither.

People sometimes assume I'm a prude because I'm not into PDA.

Autumn_LoL said:
I think people expect me to be more of a bitch than I am, I guess? I do have a bitchy resting face, but I rarely let that peek through on cam.

People are always like "Wow, you're so sweet!" like they're shocked. :lol:

I don't think it's your face, I think it's just the culture of many camgirls. I would say all of the girls here excluded, that there are many a camgirl who treat you like they won't give you the time of day to even say hi if you aren't tipping. Talking without paying?! How dare you! seems to be the attitude I run across when trying to make friendly conversation. My guess is you are willing to make that conversation, and that's shocking coming from other rooms :)

I'm a lot nicer in person than on the internet.
I just don't know how to properly phrase things without sounding like a cunt. But if I said the exact same things in person, it would be okay, because you can tell by my tone it's usually friendly. I've been trying to use " :twocents-02cents:" and " :)" more often to show I'm not trying to be mean. Some of the camgirls on ACF have met me in person and I think many of them were probably shocked at how nice and silly I am. I'm always cracking jokes and making people laugh, but I just don't do that on here for some reason.

PlayboyMegan said:
I'm a lot nicer in person than on the internet.
I just don't know how to properly phrase things without sounding like a cunt. But if I said the exact same things in person, it would be okay, because you can tell by my tone it's usually friendly. I've been trying to use " :twocents-02cents:" and " :)" more often to show I'm not trying to be mean. Some of the camgirls on ACF have met me in person and I think many of them were probably shocked at how nice and silly I am. I'm always cracking jokes and making people laugh, but I just don't do that on here for some reason.

Sometimes you wonder if people online just don't get sarcasm and joking around, but then realize it's difficult to ascertain such over the web without actually being face-to-face with someone or being able to hear one's voice inflection. I do my best to give the interwebz peoples the benefit of the doubt because I certainly hope they would do the same for me but, unfortunately, that isn't always the case. :(

Reactions: mutantdonut
People generally think I am very extroverted because I am talkative and friendly. Where as I am really quite introverted. I must to have a LOT of alone time. I love people and being social- but only in doses. Too much and I start going insane.

Also, because of my goofy demeanor and certain childlike qualities people tend to think I'm ditzy. On many occasions, people who have become my friends have told me when they first met me they thought I was really nice but ditzy and later realized I wasn't the ditz they thought I was. I've always gathered this from the way people treat me initially and it bugs me. According to my parents my personality has been this way since I was a baby, so I'm not sure what to do about it!

LilyEvans said:
It seems like people are always surprised the first time they see me eat meat. "Oh! You eat meat? I thought you were a vegetarian!" I have no idea what it is about me that gives off the veggie vibe but it happens really frequently.

I get this ALL the time too. I actually was vegan as a teenager and I'm back to eating not much meat (but I still do occasionally), but there was above 7 years in there that I ate meat like a "normal" person. People were always so shocked.

Most people treat me like I'm very very young, because I look so young. Sometimes people say things to me like, "Oh, when you're my age you'll understand." And they are 23 or 24. I'm 29! I honestly believe that I am not taken as seriously at times because people assume I don't have any life experience other than high school.

Also, people always think I am a little rich girl living in Mexico with money my parents give me.

LilLitaRose said:
JickyJuly said:
Hehehe. I was mistaken for my husband's daughter by my eye doctor.

That happened with one of my exes. I died laughing cause he was old enough to be my dad. He didn't think it was so funny. I don't think you look like a drag queen. You have delicate features to me...XD

AHH! I had a boyfriend a few years back that was only maybe 6 months older than me. We were having sex once and he started getting these weird heart palpitations and I had to call the paramedics. They showed up and asked if he was my Dad. Awkward.

People always seem to think I am angry or upset. I have been told that my facial expression when I'm just walking around or standing or whatever comes across as me being pissed off. Once, I got a job working overnights at Wal-Mart unloading trucks. Later, I found out the guys in the grocery department had made up this story about me on my first night that I must have caught my girlfriend with another guy and was just waiting for my lunch hour to go kick his ass.

I swear, I'm not mad! This is just how I look!! It must be the beard. Beards are a sign of being a bad guy in all the movies.

I've noticed many people assume I grew up in a wealthy home. I've had a few tumblr anons say things like, "not everyone can grow up in a rich home, like you did." I'm not sure where they got that from since I lived in motels and ate food from soup kitchens.

Reactions: LadyLuna and DuoShi
Status
Not open for further replies.