AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Other people's funny misconceptions about you

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JickyJuly said:
Hehehe. I was mistaken for my husband's daughter by my eye doctor.

That happened with one of my exes. I died laughing cause he was old enough to be my dad. He didn't think it was so funny. I don't think you look like a drag queen. You have delicate features to me...XD

Ohhhhhhhhh. I just thought of a good one. Quite a few people have thought I would be more thugish, because I'm the son of two great people that just happened to grow up poor in the ghetto. And, people tend to think I'm a hardware techie, but I'm a software developer.

When I had crazy colors in my hair, people would always ask me what college I went to, because they just knew it had to have an awesome art program. What the heck? I didn't go to college, and I've never taken an art class. I guess my funky hair just made me look the part. :lol:

When I had dreads, obviously I got all the "dirty hippie drug-addict" comments. But I also was asked all the time what instrument I played. Apparently, when you dreadlock your hair, you also gain a secret store of musical talent.

Some people think that I must listen to metal music just because I have some horror themed tattoos. This even happens on MFC where they can clearly hear the kind of music I like in the background. Can't tell you how many times people come in and say "finally a metal chick" and I'm playing indie or something.....wat.

Conversely, people thinking that I must regret my tattoos since they're creepy and I dress really soft and feminine. Because obviously you can't like two different kinds of things at once.

People who think I'm a gym rat because I have abs and look fit....it's just really good genetics.

I talk in a bubbly way (lots of "like" and giggling, and kind of unassured with a lot of "I think, maybe, I'm not sure but...") so people assume I'm not very academic. I've had group project members shun me until they realized I'm pretty school-oriented (sidenote: those people were dicks).

Sorry for the double post but I decided to think about misconceptions about me.

I have some ones that I thought were odd, but I guess are common.
First is the common strangers and people I meet for the first time assume I'm vapid, because of my voice, and the fact that I'm pretty smiley when I'm out and about, and boobs. Then there's the my introverted friends think I'm extroverted, my extroverted friends think I'm introverted, my single friends think I have all sorts of crazy sex, my coupled friends think I'm lonely. And people on the internet assume I'm a guy… or a furry because of my handle… or a guy who is a furry.

MsDonkey said:

First is the common strangers and people I meet for the first time assume I'm vapid, because of my voice, and the fact that I'm pretty smiley when I'm out and about, and boobs. Then there's the my introverted friends think I'm extroverted, my extroverted friends think I'm introverted, my single friends think I have all sorts of crazy sex, my coupled friends think I'm lonely. And people on the internet assume I'm a guy… or a furry because of my handle… or a guy who is a furry.

I have to admit, I think you're a guy.. :-D

"Stuck-up" seems to be largely a female concept. Maybe it has to do with the different ways the genders tend to socialize. I rarely hear guys say anything like that. If I see someone not engage with me or a group, I usually think they're probably just shy or not interested in whatever's going on; it's not something I find rude or mean. Maybe some women think I'm stuck-up? I'm very shy with people I don't know.

People often think I'm upset or sad when I'm just kind of going with the flow or doing whatever I'm doing. I don't smile a lot unless something actively gets me to smile. Maybe I have a resting bitch face too.

I have terrible resting bitch face, so when I'm spacing off, people freak out and ask what's wrong, what am I so upset about, what can they do, etc. It actually took my husband a couple years of me reassuring him that nothing is wrong, that's just my face, before it stopped freaking him out.

When people first meet me and find out that I only went to community college and don't have a university degree they assume I'm dumb. I actually was on the honour roll all 3 terms of every year in high school. I just needed to get out of an unsafe (mentally/emotionally) living situation so I went straight to working two jobs to make a better life for myself. I plan on going to uni in the next few years, so hopefully this whole judgmental BS will stop!

It seems many models are introverted. Which you would never guess by watching them lol. It must be so nice that mfc provides a place for you to show the you, that you want to be without all the anxiousness being in front of people staring at you. I am to very introverted, it had caused me to have a drug problem when I was younger, because no one really wanted to party with the quiet kept to myself me. @Steph I admire you, going to the cam model mansion even though you have social anxiety and are introverted. That takes balls to step out of your comfort zone like that.

So much to add:
- I must be a neo-nazi because I love Rammstein (I think it's a misconception about the band itself, even though they have a song entitled LINZ = LEFT - that came out as a response to the mislabeling).
- I must have daddy issues because I choose to strip on the interwebz.
- I've been called innocent, even though I'm far from. Appearances are deceiving.
- I must've failed at school, again because I chose to do camming, instead of finding a "real job". I have a BA in Political Science and I've worked in the field, disliking it for the sheer amount of plain fucking stupidity and choosing camming for the exact opposite reason. (I'll deal with bbs anytime vs pseudo intellectuals).
- This one goes to the differences between cam-persona vs IRL me. I tend to be cheery and goofy on cam and have an over ridiculed self online. I laugh at myself, at stupid jokes and I never take anything serious on cam. But at times people fail to acknowledge the possibility of a grand difference between fantasy mfc vs non-cammodel me. It gets sort of annoying to hear sometimes that people find it outrageous that I might be different IRL (this is something that most models have encountered I think...even here on afc).
- This is getting a bit tiring, but getting carded every time I want to buy alcohol or smokes. Something that never would've happened even when I was 16 (yes it's legal to buy alcohol at that age where I am from).
- Being able to fix computers, therefore I'm able to fix any appliances or any electronics (this goes to you mother, I can't fix your tv, nor your fridge or toaster).

Phew, that was long. :D

I'm sure a lot of women deal with this, but people assuming my favorite color is pink..
The other day Mr. Zombeee bought a holster from someone he works with. The dude for one, doesn't speak to me directly even though I'm right there, but says to Mr. Zombeee I can make a pink one for her too. :angry4:

The funny thing is every one tells me that I look like "one of those goth people." In those words exactly. My clothes are mainly black, ripped jean included, I have an obsession with horror and I'm told I have a very spunky kind of attitude. and yet everyone thinks my favorite color is pink…

JordanBlack said:
So much to add:
- I must be a neo-nazi because I love Rammstein (I think it's a misconception about the band itself, even though they have a song entitled LINZ = LEFT - that came out as a response to the mislabeling).

Obviously having a derp its Links not Linz.

eyeteach said:
MsDonkey said:

IRkCG7j.png

I have boobs so I must be a complete idiot when it comes to guns. I deal with it in basically every gun shop I go into, from the triple check to make sure I'm holding a gun correctly to the condescending "That's an awfully bug gun for such a little lady." Never mind that I used to shoot competitively and routinely pull off 1000 yard downwind shots with a Savage 111 300 win mag that has one of the worst drop rates in the industry.

I also get lectured A LOT when I'm in public alone with Baby Nerd. I look young and due to her height she looks older than she is. They assume she's five or so and I'm around eighteen and then I get lectured about ruining my life and babies having babies. She's three and I'm almost thirty.

On the funny colored hair thing...I get asked for weed/acid every single concert I go to. Obviously, weird hair+ music means I'm going to have drugs. And not just drugs but enough to just give away.

:woops:

People often assume I'm in a band. I get asked, "Are you in a band?" or "what instrument do you play?" a lot. I really don't know why. Well, I WAS a drummer in a punk band very briefly... Still. I don't have any skill or ability with music whatsoever!

People think I'm smart. I suppose it's the glasses and that I don't talk much, so as to prevent me from saying too many stupid things.

A certain subset of older people assume I'm up to no good. But then, another subset want to adopt me on the spot.

I get mistaken for a kid or young girl a lot. That happened a lot more often when I had long hair. A lot of it probably due to me being short and slight. I have to guess it's mostly people with poor observational skills or bad eyesight.

I must also give off an air of helplessness because people often fall over themselves to help me with things I'm perfectly capable of doing.

MsDonkey said:
eyeteach said:
MsDonkey said:

IRkCG7j.png

Haha omg Donkey you are the BEST, that has me laughing so hard! And yeah eyeteach, that's a pretty uncool comment, but now you've unleashed the mother of all bitches so...

-That I'm actually in love with my vent figure, that I take him around everywhere I go and talk to him when no one's watching. I swear I can't post "having lunch with a friend!" without people going "waiiiit SLAPPY DOESN'T EAT!" Some people really don't know what a performance is.

-That I don't have any friends just because I get lonely and I'm an introvert and I'm on the internet a lot. This is so silly. EVERYBODY gets lonely, it doesn't matter if you're single or not, with an active social life or not..it's just part of the human condition. I actually have a lot of friends IRL. I make an effort to connect with other humans pretty consistently, even if it does make me anxious. :lol: But I live alone so duh I'm going to get lonely sometimes.

-That I'm a big slut. Maybe it's because I talk so openly about sex, or because I'm a sex-worker, or because of my personality, but I'm actually pretty reserved these days. I did all my slutting around in my early 20's. As I've gotten older I've slowed down a lot and I don't sleep around that much anymore. I'm more interested in making friends and business connections than lovers. Truth be told, trying to have a sex life can really complicate things for me so I'm pretty picky about who I sleep with.

-That I'm really original. I'm the opposite of original. I like media and entertainment and I tend to borrow concepts from various sources and mash them all together in what seems like originality but really none of the ideas are my own. I'm just good at putting random things together and making something new because I am creative...but original? Nah. I just have odd various forms of inspiration and fandom.

I hear a lot that people think I'm a total bitch when they first meet me just because I'm super shy until I know someone better. And stoned! I can't go anywhere without someone thinking I'm high. I have really squinty eyes (unless I'm purposely opening them wide for pictures) and I do tend to laugh a lot, but I haven't done anything harder than Tylenol in 5 years. :lol:

MsDonkey said:
eyeteach said:
MsDonkey said:

IRkCG7j.png

You win an interwebs.

TallulaBlythe said:
Fay_Galore said:
Members on MFC think I'm very tall! I don't know why, even when I'm sitting down people say it. So strange! Maybe because I'm dutch? I'm only 5"8.

I get that too! I'm only 5'7" and most think I am 5'10"+

People think I am tall but I'm only 5'1"... >.> My Giantess fetish videos are actually quite popular! :lol:

whenever I wear a corset out people ask me in the most sincere and worried way "can you breathe in that thing?!" which leaves me like
0Ju9ivP.jpg

a depressing number of people seem to think I can walk around and go about my day without needing to breathe.

Also because I'm young and have big boobs people assume that I'm just completely stupid.. which isn't all bad. I get to see the looks of surprise on their face when I change their minds ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.