AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Payment Methods

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

willx

Cam Model
Jul 9, 2021
Toronto, Canada
linktr.ee
Twitter Username
@willyumxxx
Streamate Username
willyumx
Chaturbate Username
willyumx
I'm wondering what payment methods performers are using on Streamate.
I am from Canada and recently had to change out the direct wire transfer deposit option from Worldpay since they are now unable to process Streamate payments to performers for whatever reason.

I am now registered with MassPay as per Streamate's recommendation and although it's an instant turnaround to get my earnings, I'm extremely disappointed.
Although there is only a $4 fee per transaction (vs the previous $25 fee from Streamate), the exchange rate from USD to CAD is completely ridiculous and inaccurate no matter how many times I refresh the payment transaction.
Depending on the amount I'm transferring, I lose anywhere from $100-$200+ on my earnings, plus the $4 transaction fee.

I contacted MassPay and they gave me zero explanation for why their exchange rate is inaccurate other than to keep refreshing for a better rate that never seems to be offered and does absolutely nothing in giving anywhere near the correct rate.
For example, in Canada currently 1 USD = 1.27 CAD whereas the rate given by MassPay is ALWAYS between 1 USD = 1.21/1.22/1.23 CAD at most which is a HUGE loss the more your earnings are and really unfair considering the % Streamate already takes. How many hits do I really have to take?? Just becoming really frustrating after months of lost income for no reason and no explanation from MassPay.

What is everyone else's experience with the payment methods? Is there is a better alternative in terms of getting an accurate exchange rate from one of the other options before I start trying each one and having to wait for the approval from Streamate.
Please let me know - keeping in mind I am in Canada so it must be compatible with converting my earnings from USD to CAD bank.
Appreciate any feedback, thank you!! 😓

I am from Canada and recently had to change out the direct wire transfer deposit option from Worldpay since they are now unable to process Streamate payments to performers for whatever reason.

I am now registered with MassPay as per Streamate's recommendation and although it's an instant turnaround to get my earnings, I'm extremely disappointed.
Although there is only a $4 fee per transaction (vs the previous $25 fee from Streamate), the exchange rate from USD to CAD is completely ridiculous and inaccurate no matter how many times I refresh the payment transaction.
Depending on the amount I'm transferring, I lose anywhere from $100-$200+ on my earnings, plus the $4 transaction fee.

I contacted MassPay and they gave me zero explanation for why their exchange rate is inaccurate other than to keep refreshing for a better rate that never seems to be offered and does absolutely nothing in giving anywhere near the correct rate.
For example, in Canada currently 1 USD = 1.27 CAD whereas the rate given by MassPay is ALWAYS between 1 USD = 1.21/1.22/1.23 CAD at most which is a HUGE loss the more your earnings are and really unfair considering the % Streamate already takes. How many hits do I really have to take?? Just becoming really frustrating after months of lost income for no reason and no explanation from MassPay.

What is everyone else's experience with the payment methods? Is there is a better alternative in terms of getting an accurate exchange rate from one of the other options before I start trying each one and having to wait for the approval from Streamate.
Please let me know - keeping in mind I am in Canada so it must be compatible with converting my earnings from USD to CAD bank.
I also am Canadian and have to switch from getting paper cheques to I guess mass pay in Jan. So disappointed to hear the rate is awful!! Let me know if you try anything else and its a better alternative

Reactions: willx
Upvote 0
I also am Canadian and have to switch from getting paper cheques to I guess mass pay in Jan. So disappointed to hear the rate is awful!! Let me know if you try anything else and its a better alternative

I haven't been able to find an alternative for CAD currency exchange that is competitive that is offered from the Streamate payment options offered.
I reached out to all the options available and the only other option that offers USD to CAD bank transfers is Paxum (unless you stick with cheques of course which is a huge hassle for Canadians from my experience).

Paxum customer support mentioned they offer a $25USD wire transfer fee (which works out to a little over $30CAD) however it takes up to 5 business days for the transaction to be processed and deposited into your account. They did also mention that your own local bank could also have additional tax fees but I have never noticed those fees, at least not with MassPay. Unless they are hidden from me, my guess would be that this is the reason why the exchange rate is off with MassPay to accommodate those fees? Not sure since no one will give me an upfront and honest answer.
Paxum also stated that the exchange rate from USD to CAD will depend on the current rates as it should, so they weren't able to tell me what the exchange rate would be which makes sense however, they didn't give me a clear answer whether the rate is actually accurate or if it's lower than what is reflected in the market which was a little annoying. I don't understand why these merchants can't be direct!!

I still never received a response from MassPay explaining why and where the difference in amounts are going towards (whether its service fees, bank fees, etc.) and at this point I don't expect an answer since it's been over 1 week now and they're fairly fast at responding. I really just want to know where my money is going if i'm not getting the full and accurate amount, just sounds unethical and feels like I'm being cheated - I have a right to know since I earned that money after all.. otherwise pay me accordingly to the current exchange trends.

For now, I think I'm regrettably going to stick with MassPay because their turnaround in processing the funds is usually 1 business day max. and switching over can sometimes be a hassle from the accounting side at Streamate and I don't want delays and to have to switch back to MassPay if Paxum is no different and/or ends up being worse for whatever reason. I just have to refresh the rate that is offered and then wait to see if I get a better rate before processing it but regardless it will never be the accurate exchange rate.

The highest rate I've ever received from MassPay so far was on this weeks transgfer which was 1USD = 1.24CAD however the CAD dollar right now is exchanging at one of the highest rates, currently at 1.29CAD which is still a significant difference of 0.05 - the same difference I always notice which is between 0.04 - 0.06. It doesn't seem like a lot but depending on your transaction it can be a major difference of $75 - $200.
Especially with this next pay period from Streamate, I had a very successful week (without even including the 50% addon) which means a great portion of the 50% bonus is not actually even going to be received which is a huge let down and honestly defeats the whole point of the 'contest'.

Long message sorry, but that's everything I've heard so far. Let me know what you end up going with, especially if you choose Paxum. Being the only alternative to MassPay, I'm definitely curious!

Upvote 0
I haven't been able to find an alternative for CAD currency exchange that is competitive that is offered from the Streamate payment options offered.
I reached out to all the options available and the only other option that offers USD to CAD bank transfers is Paxum (unless you stick with cheques of course which is a huge hassle for Canadians from my experience).

Paxum customer support mentioned they offer a $25USD wire transfer fee (which works out to a little over $30CAD) however it takes up to 5 business days for the transaction to be processed and deposited into your account. They did also mention that your own local bank could also have additional tax fees but I have never noticed those fees, at least not with MassPay. Unless they are hidden from me, my guess would be that this is the reason why the exchange rate is off with MassPay to accommodate those fees? Not sure since no one will give me an upfront and honest answer.
Paxum also stated that the exchange rate from USD to CAD will depend on the current rates as it should, so they weren't able to tell me what the exchange rate would be which makes sense however, they didn't give me a clear answer whether the rate is actually accurate or if it's lower than what is reflected in the market which was a little annoying. I don't understand why these merchants can't be direct!!

I still never received a response from MassPay explaining why and where the difference in amounts are going towards (whether its service fees, bank fees, etc.) and at this point I don't expect an answer since it's been over 1 week now and they're fairly fast at responding. I really just want to know where my money is going if i'm not getting the full and accurate amount, just sounds unethical and feels like I'm being cheated - I have a right to know since I earned that money after all.. otherwise pay me accordingly to the current exchange trends.

For now, I think I'm regrettably going to stick with MassPay because their turnaround in processing the funds is usually 1 business day max. and switching over can sometimes be a hassle from the accounting side at Streamate and I don't want delays and to have to switch back to MassPay if Paxum is no different and/or ends up being worse for whatever reason. I just have to refresh the rate that is offered and then wait to see if I get a better rate before processing it but regardless it will never be the accurate exchange rate.

The highest rate I've ever received from MassPay so far was on this weeks transgfer which was 1USD = 1.24CAD however the CAD dollar right now is exchanging at one of the highest rates, currently at 1.29CAD which is still a significant difference of 0.05 - the same difference I always notice which is between 0.04 - 0.06. It doesn't seem like a lot but depending on your transaction it can be a major difference of $75 - $200.
Especially with this next pay period from Streamate, I had a very successful week (without even including the 50% addon) which means a great portion of the 50% bonus is not actually even going to be received which is a huge let down and honestly defeats the whole point of the 'contest'.

Long message sorry, but that's everything I've heard so far. Let me know what you end up going with, especially if you choose Paxum. Being the only alternative to MassPay, I'm definitely curious!
Ok good to know thank you for all the info!! I'm having trouble being paid with bank transfer from onlyfans so I have to switch to paxum as thats the only other option that looks legit haha I will let you know how that goes! Being Canadian is becoming increasingly hard to get paid in this industry. I always get cheques when I can so I can get the best rate possible at the bank, so I feel you on being cheated out of that percentage.

I know Paxum is sending a wire transfer so there is going to be a bank fee on your account side plus their $25, I'm with TD and incoming wires are $17.50. Masspay must not be sending a wire, your bank would of taken the wire fee out separately. They must be making money off the shitty exchange rate!

Reactions: Lilypod and willx
Upvote 0
I tried asking streamate for ach for this and I cant get a straight answer!

I emailed support with something like "I'm Canadian but have a US bank account. Can I get paid via ACH?" And they forwarded it to accounting and they enabled it!

You might have to fill out a W-8 form to say you pay taxes in Canada. I'm not sure if OF will let you do that, I still have "bank transfer" to my CAD account with them.

Upvote 0
With my latest earnings i’m at a 0.04 difference from USD to CAD conversion putting me at a loss of $121 for the week including the $4 transaction fee. Per month I have over $400 of missing earnings that MassPay has no interest in explaining to me where those funds are going or why their exchange rate is so off no matter how many times you refresh the transaction rate.
2 weeks and still no response from MassPay on my inquiry. Usually are so great with responding within hours when it concerns any other issue.
I just want an answer as to where the missing funds are going if they aren't going to me. I earned that money, and I believe I have a right to know.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lilypod
Upvote 0
With my latest earnings i’m at a 0.04 difference from USD to CAD conversion putting me at a loss of $121 for the week including the $4 transaction fee. Per month I have over $400 of missing earnings that MassPay has no interest in explaining to me where those funds are going or why their exchange rate is so off no matter how many times you refresh the transaction rate.
2 weeks and still no response from MassPay on my inquiry. Usually are so great with responding within hours when it concerns any other issue.
I just want an answer as to where the missing funds are going if they aren't going to me. I earned that money, and I believe I have a right to know.
I got ACH deposit added to my account for streamate. Open a us soil account with either TD or rbc. It’s $5 per deposit and you get the usd amount deposited into your account. You can then transfer it to your usd dollar Canadian account. I go into the bank to get the best rate or you can do it from your online banking just won’t be as good but convenient.

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
I got ACH deposit added to my account for streamate. Open a us soil account with either TD or rbc. It’s $5 per deposit and you get the usd amount deposited into your account. You can then transfer it to your usd dollar Canadian account. I go into the bank to get the best rate or you can do it from your online banking just won’t be as good but convenient.

Thanks for the info! Can you explain what ACH is? And how do I set that up with Streamate? Sorry, never understand banking 😅😅
I know my bank (Simplii Financial - operated through CIBC) offers a USD savings account - would this be the same thing? I was thinking of opening that USD account through my banking but wasn't sure if it's the same thing and if transfering that to my CDN account afterwords would incur additional banking fees.
I just don't want to go through all these account changes only to still be paying comparable fees in the end.
Would I need to change my payment method from MassPay in this case?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info! Can you explain what ACH is? And how do I set that up with Streamate? Sorry, never understand banking 😅😅
I know my bank (Simplii Financial - operated through CIBC) offers a USD savings account - would this be the same thing? I was thinking of opening that USD account through my banking but wasn't sure if it's the same thing and if transfering that to my CDN account afterwords would incur additional banking fees.
I just don't want to go through all these account changes only to still be paying comparable fees in the end.
Would I need to change my payment method from MassPay in this case?
ACH is direct deposit so your money would be deposited in usd and the only fee is $5 from streamate no banking fee you make $1000 usd $995 usd is deposited. To get direct deposit you need a bank account that has an american address. I believe only TD and RBC offer that. So getting a usd account here in canada is not the same thing, its usd funds but its a canadian bank address. It might be worth it to open up an account with rbc or td if you plan to stay on streamate long term. liz@streamate.com can add ACH to your account as a payout option. This way you never lose money your only fee is $5 from streamate per direct deposit and you can transfer your funds to cad. when you feel like it, with the best rate.

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
ACH is direct deposit so your money would be deposited in usd and the only fee is $5 from streamate no banking fee you make $1000 usd $995 usd is deposited. To get direct deposit you need a bank account that has an american address. I believe only TD and RBC offer that. So getting a usd account here in canada is not the same thing, its usd funds but its a canadian bank address. It might be worth it to open up an account with rbc or td if you plan to stay on streamate long term. liz@streamate.com can add ACH to your account as a payout option. This way you never lose money your only fee is $5 from streamate per direct deposit and you can transfer your funds to cad. when you feel like it, with the best rate.
Appreciate the info, thank you!
Would you know if I were to open an account with TD or RBC, can I then transfer those funds to my main bank account (that is not TD or RBC)?
I currently bank with zero banking fees and having to switch to TD or RBC i'm assuming will come with banking fees - won't this all add up to what I am already losing per transaction?
Sorry, i'm literally completely clueless when it comes to banking

Upvote 0
TD has a US account but you have to phone them to transfer funds to your Canadian account, which is annoying.

For RBC I pay $10/month for my US account and get a better exchange rate, unlimited transactions. They also have a cheaper option I think? Then I transfer to my RBC Canada account (you need to have one, I have the cheapest option I think, $4/month).

You can just use an interact e-transfer to send money to your Simplii account and do all your banking that way.

Upvote 0

Willx answered the question but I will repeat in simpler terms since I do this (note: i'm not a performer).

Get a TD or RBC domiciled account linked to your Canadian TD or RBC account. Use your USD TD or RBC account to get paid from streamate or whatever platform you're using. Then you can transfer the USD to your Canadian account at a decent rate instantly. This is your best option. I have USD domiciled accounts and it has been a HUGE help for processing payments in the USA. I don't have to pay for my RBC USD-domiciled account because I have other products.

• Helpful!
Upvote 0

There's a few options. I'm also from Canada and I'm really cheap about fees lol. I get paid by cheque which most people I know actually hate. But I loathe all the fees associated with other methods of payment. Is you don't like waiting on snail mail, I suggest opening a proper us bank account (not a Canadian bank account in USD) and getting direct deposit. But for me, I'm not willing to pay the 50 bucks to get my money faster. I'm a penny pincher 😅 I like all that cash to go straight into my savings account, not to greedy companies lol

Upvote 0
There's a few options. I'm also from Canada and I'm really cheap about fees lol. I get paid by cheque which most people I know actually hate. But I loathe all the fees associated with other methods of payment. Is you don't like waiting on snail mail, I suggest opening a proper us bank account (not a Canadian bank account in USD) and getting direct deposit. But for me, I'm not willing to pay the 50 bucks to get my money faster. I'm a penny pincher 😅 I like all that cash to go straight into my savings account, not to greedy companies lol
Agreed!
I'm still on the lookout for the best banking option to proceed before contacting Liz. Last thing I want is to put effort in all these account changes that then can delay my payment from being processed, only to find out i'm only saving a few bucks. Really frustrating since you are then being taxed come tax season in a few months so that's another hit - all the hard work and earnings keep dwindling down.

Upvote 0
Willx answered the question but I will repeat in simpler terms since I do this (note: i'm not a performer).

Get a TD or RBC domiciled account linked to your Canadian TD or RBC account. Use your USD TD or RBC account to get paid from streamate or whatever platform you're using. Then you can transfer the USD to your Canadian account at a decent rate instantly. This is your best option. I have USD domiciled accounts and it has been a HUGE help for processing payments in the USA. I don't have to pay for my RBC USD-domiciled account because I have other products.
Thanks for this info but is there another name for this? I tried looking up "domiciled account" on RBC and I'm not finding anything.

There's a cross-border banking account for RBC - is that what they call it? Anyone have the exact link for this so I'm not signing up for the completely wrong thing?

To clarify, I can have the funds transfered to the RBC account, and if I wanted to then transfer those funds from USD to CAD to another bank institution (I don't bank with RBC or TD) there is no fees either? I'm assuming I can then just etransfer the funds to the banking institution I already use?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Me again..

UPDATE:: I finally contacted RBC CAN & US for more info and proceeded with booking an appointment later this week to get this set up.

What I found out:
From the US account side, I was told the monthly fees are $3.95USD / or $39.95USD annually (Annually saves you 2months of fees so would be the better option), no transfer fees or minimum balance required.
The CDN account I will find out more in terms of fees, etc. but being there is no transfer fee, and their exchange rates are up to date and one of the best offered (in comparison to TD) I am highly leaning towards this option and then e-transferring any funds to my non-RBC bank account if needed.

Even after all the fees I may be looking at around $20/month or less vs the hundreds i'm losing PER transaction currently.
I also contacted SM Support to get an ACH payment method added so waiting to hear back confirmation *fingers crossed*

Upvote 0
Me again..

UPDATE:: I finally contacted RBC CAN & US for more info and proceeded with booking an appointment later this week to get this set up.

What I found out:
From the US account side, I was told the monthly fees are $3.95USD / or $39.95USD annually (Annually saves you 2months of fees so would be the better option), no transfer fees or minimum balance required.
The CDN account I will find out more in terms of fees, etc. but being there is no transfer fee, and their exchange rates are up to date and one of the best offered (in comparison to TD) I am highly leaning towards this option and then e-transferring any funds to my non-RBC bank account if needed.

Even after all the fees I may be looking at around $20/month or less vs the hundreds i'm losing PER transaction currently.
I also contacted SM Support to get an ACH payment method added so waiting to hear back confirmation *fingers crossed*
please keep us updated! I'm in the same boat. Masspay was a fail for me

Upvote 0
please keep us updated! I'm in the same boat. Masspay was a fail for me
Will do, I have booked a consult on Thursday morning, earliest availability they had so i'll follow up then.
And just out of curiosity, what was a fail about your experience with Masspay and are you Canadian as well?

Upvote 0
Will do, I have booked a consult on Thursday morning, earliest availability they had so i'll follow up then.
And just out of curiosity, what was a fail about your experience with Masspay and are you Canadian as well?
yes i'm canadian. i had to switch to masspay because SM no longer will be sending cheques. I had tried Skrill but the fees were way too high. I'm currently not able to withdraw any of my funds from Masspay, there seems to be a glitch on their end. When I enter my birthdate an error of "invalidbirthdate" appears. I reached out to support and no response. So I'm missing two weeks pay :\

• Sorry to hear that.
Upvote 0
yes i'm canadian. i had to switch to masspay because SM no longer will be sending cheques. I had tried Skrill but the fees were way too high. I'm currently not able to withdraw any of my funds from Masspay, there seems to be a glitch on their end. When I enter my birthdate an error of "invalidbirthdate" appears. I reached out to support and no response. So I'm missing two weeks pay :\
I wrote Liz about this becuase I'm very confused about as to why I haven't heard about this payment option change. I'll post when i get an answer.

Upvote 0

Exactly. It is like they don't want us to work for them. I am SO tired of this crap. My friend uses Paxum, but it is $25 a shot. Plus I use my USD money.

Hi, I was looking at Masspay, and it said you can't register until someone sends you money? Is it hard to register after you get it do you know? I have a USD bank account, which I either transfer my check into CAD, or leave it there for my trips to Turkey for surgery, and my PayPal can hold USD, and send it to my bank in CAD. I am just worried about being forced to change it to CAD, or not getting it out again. Thanks buddy

Upvote 0
Exactly. It is like they don't want us to work for them. I am SO tired of this crap. My friend uses Paxum, but it is $25 a shot. Plus I use my USD money.

Hi, I was looking at Masspay, and it said you can't register until someone sends you money? Is it hard to register after you get it do you know? I have a USD bank account, which I either transfer my check into CAD, or leave it there for my trips to Turkey for surgery, and my PayPal can hold USD, and send it to my bank in CAD. I am just worried about being forced to change it to CAD, or not getting it out again. Thanks buddy
MassPay sounds a bit mysterious at first but in order to register I'm pretty sure you just need to register on Streamate as it being the payment option. MassPay then receives that info, contacts you and sets the account up for you. There's no way to set up a MassPay account without the merchant (in this case Streamate) authorizes it as a payment option.

Upvote 0
Update on the ACH setup**

I basically emailed Liz like @Keziah mentioned above. - let Liz know you have a US bank account but are Canadian and she will notify accounting to activate the option on your account.

I emailed Liz yesterday and today the payment option was available. After my meeting with RBC, I created the cross-border account (local RBC account ($4 monthly fee) plus the US account ($40 USD annually) and no other fees.
I selected the ACH payment option on SM and input the details required and done. Payment option is just being processed by SM at the moment but was a very easy process.

Total you'd be looking at $5 wire fee from SM, plus $4 monthly RBC local account fee to transfer my USD account funds to my CAD account, plus the annual $40USD fee (approx. $45 CAD).
No additional fees or transfer fees with the cross-border account or minimum balance required.
For me personally, this is a much better alternative with the fees associated vs MassPay who takes hundreds per transaction in my case - I'm approx. $500+/month in earnings lost with MassPay (approx. $100-$200/transfer which is ridiculous).

Also I'm now dealing with another MassPay issue. My last payment that I transferred from MassPay has never showed up in my account but says it's been processed and confirmed on MassPay's end - so now I'm dealing with over $1k of weekly earnings that disappeared and MassPay has yet to respond to me. Completely OVER MassPay's bullshit!

Upvote 0
MassPay sounds a bit mysterious at first but in order to register I'm pretty sure you just need to register on Streamate as it being the payment option. MassPay then receives that info, contacts you and sets the account up for you. There's no way to set up a MassPay account without the merchant (in this case Streamate) authorizes it as a payment option.
That is what it seemed like to me. Thanks for the info.

Upvote 0

I basically emailed Liz like @Keziah mentioned above. - let Liz know you have a US bank account but are Canadian and she will notify accounting to activate the option on your account.

I emailed Liz yesterday and today the payment option was available. After my meeting with RBC, I created the cross-border account (local RBC account ($4 monthly fee) plus the US account ($40 USD annually) and no other fees.
I selected the ACH payment option on SM and input the details required and done. Payment option is just being processed by SM at the moment but was a very easy process.

Total you'd be looking at $5 wire fee from SM, plus $4 monthly RBC local account fee to transfer my USD account funds to my CAD account, plus the annual $40USD fee (approx. $45 CAD).
No additional fees or transfer fees with the cross-border account or minimum balance required.
For me personally, this is a much better alternative with the fees associated vs MassPay who takes hundreds per transaction in my case - I'm approx. $500+/month in earnings lost with MassPay (approx. $100-$200/transfer which is ridiculous).

Also I'm now dealing with another MassPay issue. My last payment that I transferred from MassPay has never showed up in my account but says it's been processed and confirmed on MassPay's end - so now I'm dealing with over $1k of weekly earnings that disappeared and MassPay has yet to respond to me. Completely OVER MassPay's bullshit!
I am with RBC too. Thanks so much for the info.

Upvote 0

perfect! I also emailed Liz about setting up the account. This seems like the best way to go unless we can some how pressure for cheques back.

I finally got Masspay to work, even though they never responded to my emails lol . I was able to transfer from my masspay account to Canadian bank account but the exchange rate is awful :( 1 usd = 1.23 while the current rate is 1.28. bull. I wanted to initially transfer to my crypto wallet and use USDC since its true dollar value but of course that option was not working on Masspay.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.