AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pet Peeves, yo.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SweepTheLeg said:
being yourself may be the reason you were banned, so you weren't banned for no reason. So, you got that going for you.
Yer like a little Buddha.

I saw this the other day! It reminded me of this thread and pointless, single use baby (puke) garbage. Pretty nifty idea for ripening fruits and veggies with an old changing table!

Attachments

• 428921_10151087032002436_51741500_n.jpg
    428921_10151087032002436_51741500_n.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 329
Peeve #1: People who post their musings and ramblings on forums because they know they will get more attention than if they posted it on their blog.

Peeve #2: People who use forums to work out their issues, rather than going to a therapist :mrgreen:

Maniac1 said:
Being banned for no reason... I am almost borderline in infuriation at being rejected for being myself. :angry4:
Peeve #3: People who can't take a hint :lol:

schlmoe said:
Peeve #1: People who post their musings and ramblings on forums because they know they will get more attention than if they posted it on their blog.

Peeve #2: People who use forums to work out their issues, rather than going to a therapist :mrgreen:

Maniac1 said:
Being banned for no reason... I am almost borderline in infuriation at being rejected for being myself. :angry4:
Peeve #3: People who can't take a hint :lol:

On this note I'll add another.

Peeve #4: People who are broken up with and come back the next day and carry on as if nothing ever happened. A true fire sign of teh crazies.

You can only pull the polite sweet kitty's tail so many times before she turns around and bites you. She warns with a few harmless swats, so to avoid the bite, heed her warnings.

JoleneJolene said:
Peeve #4: People who are broken up with and come back the next day and carry on as if nothing ever happened. A true fire sign of teh crazies.

I did not know these people existed, until just recently. Huge fights, legally separated, packed her things and moved out of the house and each day after these things happened he acted like everything was fine and nothing happened the night before. It boggles my mind. BOGGLES!

Reactions: JoleneBrody
People that don't know the lyrics to the song, so they mumble along to the melody just loud enough that I can hear them.

Production companies that think people are so damn desperate to get on camera, they don't even pay their extras!

"There's no compensation, but we provide food at the shoot"
Oh, wow, I'll get your dry fucking cheese sandwiches? And all I have to do is work for 10 hours? Most of those hours are just sitting around doing absolutely nothing? Where do I sign up??? :woops:

Maniac1 said:

Ordinarily, there'd be no need to reply to the comments of a banned account but I have a sneaking suspicion Mr Maniac will be back (as hornymaniacs? :?).
I'm not really in a position to categorically state the reasons you were banned but reading your posts, I think I have a pretty good handle on why this has happened (again).
You don't know when to stop, sir. You tried to be helpful (I think) and you failed. No biggie, we all get things wrong from time to time and being wrong is never exactly fun, ya know? But once you've been told time and time again, by person after person, that you got it wrong, you kinda have to put your hands up and say "fair enough" and move on.
You just seem incapable of doing that. Instead of listening to what everybody else was telling you, you chose to ignore that and continually re-iterate what you wanted them to hear (which was ironically what they'd already heard and dismissed ten times over).
My advice would to be just chill. As a general rule of thumb, if someone wants your advice, they'll ask for it. And if you do wind up giving unsolicited advice in the future and everyone tells you isn't helpful; just accept that it isn't helpful and move on. :twocents-02cents:

mynameisbob84 said:
Maniac1 said:

Ordinarily, there'd be no need to reply to the comments of a banned account but I have a sneaking suspicion Mr Maniac will be back (as hornymaniacs? :?).
I'm not really in a position to categorically state the reasons you were banned but reading your posts, I think I have a pretty good handle on why this has happened (again).
You don't know when to stop, sir. You tried to be helpful (I think) and you failed. No biggie, we all get things wrong from time to time and being wrong is never exactly fun, ya know? But once you've been told time and time again, by person after person, that you got it wrong, you kinda have to put your hands up and say "fair enough" and move on.
You just seem incapable of doing that. Instead of listening to what everybody else was telling you, you chose to ignore that and continually re-iterate what you wanted them to hear (which was ironically what they'd already heard and dismissed ten times over).
My advice would to be just chill. As a general rule of thumb, if someone wants your advice, they'll ask for it. And if you do wind up giving unsolicited advice in the future and everyone tells you isn't helpful; just accept that it isn't helpful and move on. :twocents-02cents:
:clap:

- the ubiquitous "tounge" spelling

- people who let text messages interrupt their (real life) conversation with you.

- store clerks who stop serving you to rush to the telephone to help a person who hasn't bothered to actually COME to the store.

- store clerks who have seen you in their store about 17 million times over the last 15 years, and who still say, "Can I help you?" as if it's the first time they've seen you.

-people who say Anyhoo.

Reactions: Kradek
Megaclit said:
- store clerks who have seen you in their store about 17 million times over the last 15 years, and who still say, "Can I help you?" as if it's the first time they've seen you.

I sympathise with the store clerks, cos' I'm kinda one of them. If I had my way, I'd let people shop in peace, I'd assume that people who frequent the store know where everything is by now, I'd at least let people get their bearings before pestering them with questions about what they want to buy and how I might help them buy what they want to buy.
Sadly, the store I work in (and many, many more like it, I would imagine) have been hit pretty hard by the recession and the people who make such decisions have decided that the way to combat that recession is to jump on people the second they enter the store and get them to buy something. I hate it. I'm sure the customers hate it. But sadly it's become part of my job. It's clearly the wrong way to go about things, and I'm pretty sure it's gonna cost us customers and money in the long run, but just try telling that to the powers that be...

I will also add when you serve somebody while they're on their phone and they don't even acknowledge you.

Also, when someone asks you a question and then before you've had the chance to answer, they start talking over you and asking further questions.

Pet peeves- people who get upset at people for doing their jobs. (not a reference to you megaclit, just this is a problem in general)

when I put my laundry in the washer, go to put the detergent in, and someone else left their detergent there. It's always the powdered stuff, which I don't use, and you can't tell if it's a bleach detergent or not.

When someone tells you they want something done, and then prevents you from doing it, and then takes it out on you that it didn't get done.

mynameisbob84 said:
Megaclit said:

I sympathise with the store clerks, cos' I'm kinda one of them. If I had my way, I'd let people shop in peace,

Ahhh, I wasn't clear, lol. I see how it sounded. I really meant, convenience store types whose faces exhibit no recognition of you even if they see you daily, as you pay for your newspaper, cigarettes, milk, etc. I completely understand that customers need to be approached while they're browsing. I failed miserably at this in my first part time job at a clothing store. I was fired before lunch, on my first day :D

Reactions: LadyLuna
Phrases can really irk me:

'Promise you won't be mad/angry/sad/laugh/<insert emotion of choice> when I tell you...' until you tell me I won't know how I'll react

'Can I ask you something?' well you just did...

'At the end of the day' being used inappropriately

'Don't be offended/I'm not trying to offend anyone but...' you're about to say something you think will offend me/people anyway

Sports dissections which are along the lines of 'we had the better team and if we'd done blah, blah, blah'... get over it, if you had the better team you'd have won. You lost, so obviously you didn't have the better team. No amount of arm chair if, but, maybe will change that you lost. (They usually contain lots of references to 'At the end of the day' so get a double hit)

People at work asking pointless crap on Skype instead of asking what they really want to know. It usually starts with 'Hi, I know you're busy' followed by 10-15 minutes of crap about the weather, how am i, the colour of unicorn farts and everything except the 1 single thing they need to ask. Their definition of busy must be different to mine :)

One more work, being sent an email with a useless subject that makes it look unimportant so it gets lost in the other 100 emails for that day. Then waiting a week before complaining I didn't respond and it was critical. If it was that critical why didn't you phone me?

It seems like a person can't get in and out of a store quickly anymore. When you go to checkout with your one or two item(s), you're asked for your phone number, e-mail address, if you're interested in signing up for a store credit card, etc. I have a bus to catch, lady...and I don't need anymore store credit cards getting me into trouble...LOL.

Kinda reminds me of a Seinfeld episode where Kramer asked "Why does the store associate ask for your phone number when you buy batteries?" LOL!

Victoria's Secret and Bath and Body Works employees asking me every few minutes "You still doing okay?" :woops: When they keep doing this, it feels like they're trying to rush me into making a purchase so I can GTFO. LOL. If I need their assistance, I'll just go to them for help. I know they're just doing their job, but I don't know how many more times I can fake a smile and tell them "Yes, I'm fine...thank you."

People who pay in checkbooks, I love getting in the express lane at a grocery store where the person ahead of me has just a few items only to stand there like a dingus watching other people in other lines leaving because the person ahead of me has to write out a check.

The_Brown_Fox said:
It seems like a person can't get in and out of a store quickly anymore. When you go to checkout with your one or two item(s), you're asked for your phone number, e-mail address, if you're interested in signing up for a store credit card, etc. I have a bus to catch, lady...and I don't need anymore store credit cards getting me into trouble...LOL.

Kinda reminds me of a Seinfeld episode where Kramer asked "Why does the store associate ask for your phone number when you buy batteries?" LOL!

Victoria's Secret and Bath and Body Works employees asking me every few minutes "You still doing okay?" :woops: When they keep doing this, it feels like they're trying to rush me into making a purchase so I can GTFO. LOL. If I need their assistance, I'll just go to them for help. I know they're just doing their job, but I don't know how many more times I can fake a smile and tell them "Yes, I'm fine...thank you."

They even do it in banks in the uk. You go in to give them money or take money out and they try and sell you everything they have taking 3 times as long.

The sales assistants in electrical stores are just as bad, before you've even got to the section you want 3 people ask you if you need any help. I either say no or ask them something specific about the item I went in to get. The look of horror when I'm not asking for what they've been told to promote because it has the highest %, or that I asked them something that isn't on the 3 point sales list is priceless.

Assistants in mobile shops can be the worst. I went in asking what deals they had on a specific phone on a contract with the minutes/sms/internet I was wanting. The only response was to get the phone for free it'll be expensive, about £75-£80 per month. After the 3rd store I gave up and bought on-line.

One of our favourite games at work was how long can you keep the lying, cold-calling mobile phone drone on the phone. They always had the same speech...

- Hi, is this mr mug?
yes
- I'm calling from "random company on behalf of previous mobile company"
sorry, I'm not interested in changing my mobile contract
- i'm not trying to sell anything
ok
- how much are you currently spending on your contract, and how many minutes/sms etc do you use
if you we're calling on behalf of mobile company you wouldn't need to ask me that. and as you aren't trying to sell me anything why does it matter?

My best was about 10 minutes before I started getting bored. When I pointed out that he started by saying he wasn't trying to sell anything, then tried to sell me something I'd already told him I had no interest in, and if his way of making money was to lie to me why would I even consider buying from him. He wimpered he was only doing his job before he hung up.
No, you job would be 20 seconds into the call when I told you I wasn't interested to hang up and call the next person on your list.

About the callers...yeah, it sucks. I used to be a telefundraiser working for Obama during the election and the rule was that we had to ask three times. Even if they were a lifelong conservative racist, still, always, three times. They could be screaming at me for supporting the gays and the blacks and the welfares, still, three times. It felt like phone rape. I would get called into the office all the time for saying "ok, thanks for your time" after the first rejection, and I wanted to scream at my manager, "hasn't anyone ever told you?! NO MEANS NO!"

So, I guess, my pet peeve being any job that compromises your morals. Except, as above, it's more of a PSYCHOTIC FUCKING HATRED. GAH I hated that place. I try to be as nice to callers as possible now because their job really freakin' sucks.

Ughh. Corporate Phone systems...

"Please listen carefully as our menu options have changed." -- one company I call has had this same message for 11 and a half years now.

"Your call is very important to us." So please chill, listen to our wonderful collection of Rod Stewart, Phil Collins and Paul McCartney and we'll tell you to keep holding every 30 seconds for the next 30 minutes.

"Is there anything else I can help you with?" Ok I do understand this is just a way of terminating the call, but isn't it kind of tiresome now? It's particularly amusing when they haven't even been able to help me with the thing I was calling about.

Actually far worse is the extra long fake and long-winded politeness the off shore call centres are made to do. (HSBC is the worst). There are sooo many please and fucking thank you's in their scripts that you can't even get a word in. Oh man. Please just say, "Hold, please." I don't need all this extra "Just one moment please while I check your files and I do appreciate so much that you are so very understanding ma'am and your willingness to remain on hold while I just... check.... your.... ma'am I am so sorry this is taking more than 30 seconds and I respectfully ask that you hold once more for no more than 2 minutes while I check into several screens so that I can try to fix this problem with your account, for which I truly apologize and..." CLICK. Remember that glorious old Monty Python skit with the chef and the dirty fork? No exaggeration! I have actually begged some of these people to drop the politeness and just get right to it. It works!

I do feel sorry for all people who take inbound or outbound call centre jobs. They are mostly worked like slaves and every week the slowest ones get fired and replaced. And the upselling usually isn't an option. It's forced on them, as it is to be pushy, like Veronica says.

I think I'd take a job at the golden arches over a call centre... :shock:

speaking of which "have a nice day" from people in uk outlets. It doesn't sound cool and the vacant dull look in your eyes shows there is zero sincerity or meaning behind it.

I understand they're just doing they're job, but all my numbers are TPS registered which means they aren't allowed to cold call me and to start a conversation with I'm not trying to sell you anything, before immediately trying to sell me something... that's just lying.
All my calls are from people in the UK as well. When we're not playing the silly games at work I just tell them my number is registered with TPS and to remove me from the database. At that point they stop all sales pitches and comply.

I've been lucky and not ended up speaking with off-shore call centres, but off-shore development teams... I think I'd get better results talking to a call centre. I know it's a cultural thing having visited the offices, but don't say "Yes, no problem" about the next 4 weeks worth of work if you don't think it's possible, the right way to do it, or have zero understanding of even the basic technical terms that were used in the 1 hr meeting we just had. Delivering broken code that a 6 year old could produce is of no use regardless of whether it's on time, early or late. :angry4:

:)

SweepTheLeg said:
People who separate each individual thought into their own text message. While responding to one text, I get bombarded with 4 or 5 more, all a sentence long at best. Stop that!

Maybe they twitter a lot :lol:

hmm is "thinking"
mmm is "that seems yummy"

It's easy to tell the difference, when you think, you make the h sound. When you mmm, the h sound isn't really there. So why is it so hard for people to keep those separate?

This is just a minor annoyance.

LadyLuna said:
hmm is "thinking"

It's easy to tell the difference, when you think, you make the h sound. When you mmm, the h sound isn't really there. So why is it so hard for people to keep those separate?

Personally, the use of either one at all is a pet peeve to me. :) Even though I've used them both. lol But what I really hate is when someone implies something indirectly (usually negative) then ends it with "hmmm." It's the same concept as ending a statement with "just saying." Neither really adds any evidence to the implication being made but it's an attempt to do so.

LadyLuna said:
hmm is "thinking"

Yup! Or if you've got your boobs out on cam, and a guy says "Umm..." INSTEAD OF "Mmm." LOL.

"Um" or "Uh" is what you say when it's an awkward moment.
"Mmmm" is what you say if something is yummy.

Megaclit said:
"Please listen carefully as our menu options have changed." -- one company I call has had this same message for 11 and a half years now.

That's kind of funny how just about EVERY Customer Service number you call says that EVERY time. I'm thinking to myself "Uh, menu options don't change THAT much." LOL.

Reactions: Megaclit
The_Brown_Fox said:
LadyLuna said:
hmm is "thinking"

Yup! Or if you've got your boobs out on cam, and a guy says "Umm..." INSTEAD OF "Mmm." LOL.

"Um" or "Uh" is what you say when it's an awkward moment.
"Mmmm" is what you say if something is yummy.

I never use Mmmm, but I did tell my friend she looked yummy the other day.

Reactions: Nordling
When a song comes on with a day-of-the-week reference, and it ISN'T the day in question. (Hearing Manic Monday when it's FUCKING WEDNESDAY NIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.