AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pet Peeves, yo.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not inspired by anything recent but when people come into a thread that's several pages along and says "sorry I didn't read the other posts but [something that has been discussed and moved on from already]". Especially when it's an argument against the OP thats already been had or settled.

Not inspired by anything recent but when people come into a thread that's several pages along and says "sorry I didn't read the other posts but [something that has been discussed and moved on from already]". Especially when it's an argument against the OP thats already been had or settled.

"Didn't have time to read the whole thread". Really? Couldn't spare the two minutes to read the thread but will waste five typing up the same shit as every other poster. See it all the time on forums.

When you post a funny Facebook status that you hope gets some attention, and the first person to comment responds "Hey! How's your mom doing? I haven't seen her since so and so's funeral. Tell her I said hi." *sigh*

People that go out of there way to tell you they dislike Star Trek or Star Wars even if you don't bring it up at all.

A really specific pet peeve of mine is people who are very excited to tell you they've never seen Star Wars and wear it as a badge of honour. Like they've decided pre-emptively to reject it and think it's very interesting and unique that they haven't. I don't care at all if people don't like it or don't want to see it but it's a weirdly common thing that people seem to think is Quirky.

This happens with any pop culture phenomenon though but Star Wars is one of the biggest/most enduring so I think it gets it more.

A really specific pet peeve of mine is people who are very excited to tell you they've never seen Star Wars and wear it as a badge of honour. Like they've decided pre-emptively to reject it and think it's very interesting and unique that they haven't. I don't care at all if people don't like it or don't want to see it but it's a weirdly common thing that people seem to think is Quirky.

This happens with any pop culture phenomenon though but Star Wars is one of the biggest/most enduring so I think it gets it more.

I've always thought that it is the new "I don't own a TV" thing. "Those people" also would preemptively work that in the convo to show how cool/intellectual/anti-consumerist/etc. they are. Although the "I don't own a TV" people are annoying, it doesn't rise to pet peeve level because I quickly let them become forgotten ;)

Something dawned on me today. Many people, maybe unknowingly, have this obsession with pointing out how much older they are than you by throwing around the word "young".

When people do this, it makes me feel unworthy or something. Like they're taking away the credit due to me for surviving multiple decades of life already. Like I have no right to comment on things that happen to people my age, or to complain about the aging process. I could totally understand it if I was still a teenager, or even in my early 20s. But as a successful woman whom has been married for over 10 years and is approaching mid 30s, it just sort of insults me.

As much as many of us talk about "not wanting to adult today" the truth is we are adults. We know that many of you are older than us, but that doesn't make us kids. So unless your intention is to make us feel extremely inferior and unworthy, please refrain from the constant pointing out that we are "young" in comparison to you. It isn't a competition, you know.

Something dawned on me today. Many people, maybe unknowingly, have this obsession with pointing out how much older they are than you by throwing around the word "young".

When people do this, it makes me feel unworthy or something. Like they're taking away the credit due to me for surviving multiple decades of life already. Like I have no right to comment on things that happen to people my age, or to complain about the aging process. I could totally understand it if I was still a teenager, or even in my early 20s. But as a successful woman whom has been married for over 10 years and is approaching mid 30s, it just sort of insults me.

As much as many of us talk about "not wanting to adult today" the truth is we are adults. We know that many of you are older than us, but that doesn't make us kids. So unless your intention is to make us feel extremely inferior and unworthy, please refrain from the constant pointing out that we are "young" in comparison to you. It isn't a competition, you know.
It's also a lil creepy...

to me anyways.

Two things:

If people are gonna allow their children to go door-to-door selling candy, it would be wise to teach them proper manners and to not whine "Awww!!!" like a brat when someone politely declines. I absolutely ADORE children, but that right there is obnoxious...

Also, if I'm gonna be having these Girl Scout folks approaching me every time I go to Wawa, it would be nice if the adults chaperoning/assisting them would give them friendly reminders such as "You already asked that lady a few minutes ago, honey" or "Just ask the customers as they're entering the store...not as they're coming out too."

Agree. I had a father-in-laws who constantly referred to us as "kids." We were in our 40s. lol

Reactions: AmberCutie

You unworthy youngster, you!

How dare you talk about peer life experiences.

If the old farts try to make you feel inferior, they're likely just jealous of your youth.

Really dumb for a guy who dated my sister to be messaging me on FB talking about "Hey wassup beautiful. I couldn't keep my eyes off you when I was with ur sister."

Dude, WHY would you send me this shit?

Really dumb for a guy who dated my sister to be messaging me on FB talking about "Hey wassup beautiful. I couldn't keep my eyes off you when I was with ur sister."

Because he want's it plainly known he's scum. Some idiots just make it easy.

Reactions: yummybrownfox

This reminds me of something ..
My sisters ex found me on plentyoffish.com a few years ago (they dated when I was like 12) he tried to make a date with me and talked about how much I've grown up ... um. I get the guy Fantasy of a sister double dip but save that for clips4sale taboo fetish videos not for me in real life lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.