AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pet Peeves, yo.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When MFC members say "BRB. Gonna buy tokens." Lol. Yeah, um...you don't have to leave the model's chat to go buy tokens, so I think you're full of shit. :) But peace out. Lmao.
Do if you are on a vpn.

They're still probly full of shit though.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
When MFC members say "BRB. Gonna buy tokens."

I do like to leave when I buy tokens (and I do get the point of your post). Last time I purchased tokens in a room I opened up my cam and asked if the model wanted to watch. I think she did. I was thinking there is nothing sexier than a member breaking open that wallet, pulling out that credit card, and then squinting while typing in those small numbers and letters. Might as well let her see the experience unfold.:cool:

I think it was good for both of us. :yay

Amazon customer reviews of books, movies, music CDs, etc. that say useless $hit like "Five stars! Fast shipping. Arrived in good condition." as if what was being reviewed was a bag of flour. :rage:

Not to mention, that's seller feedback and not a product review. There's a separate place to do that - use it!

Amazon customer reviews of books, movies, music CDs, etc. that say useless $hit like "Five stars! Fast shipping. Arrived in good condition." as if what was being reviewed was a bag of flour. :rage:
That reminds me of a review I came across on Staples website. It was for some self-adhesive shipping labels. The reviewer thought it would be helpful to note that writing on the sticky side didn't work well. Another thought it was amazing that they worked not only for the recipient's address, but also for the sender's.

When MFC members say "BRB. Gonna buy tokens." Lol. Yeah, um...you don't have to leave the model's chat to go buy tokens, so I think you're full of shit. :) But peace out. Lmao.

Seems like all commission based jobs have the "Be Backers". That damn Be Back bus always breaks down and keeps them from returning.

People who open products in the grocery store before buying them. I don't care that you're planning on doing it.... it's not yours until you pay for it. >< lol

Yes.

Also, I'm the weirdo who usually doesn't grab the first hand soap/lotion in the front...just in case a bunch of other customers have been squirting it into their hands. Lol. I always reach for the second one behind it, and buy that one.

And when the review includes a lot of pretentious terminology, where some ordinary bozo is trying to "sound" like what he/she assumes professional reviewers sound like. Terms like "chops" come to mind. Or they "reveal" the history of the artist, based, I assume, on popular internet gossip.

Product reviews where the buyer didn't pay attention and got something that isn't intended for them. I saw a review for curvy-fit jeans where someone complained that they were too tight in the waist and too big everywhere else.... Given that all the other reviews are expressing delight at finally having jeans that fit both their hips and waist, that one reviewer doesn't have the body type these jeans are intended for. Considering the listing and product description both include "curvy fit", that's kinda your own fault, one reviewer they don't fit.

And when the review includes a lot of pretentious terminology, where some ordinary bozo is trying to "sound" like what he/she assumes professional reviewers sound like. Terms like "chops" come to mind. Or they "reveal" the history of the artist, based, I assume, on popular internet gossip.

Exactly. Sometimes they sound like they're trying to audition for a gig at Rolling Stone or the NY Review of Books.

People who open products in the grocery store before buying them. I don't care that you're planning on doing it.... it's not yours until you pay for it. >< lol
God that is so classless

Not to mention, that's seller feedback and not a product review. There's a separate place to do that - use it!
Ugh, the WORST is when someone leaves a 1 star review that says something like "Item never arrived/arrived damaged/etc." It's like... that has absolutely nothing to do with the product, but thanks for that 1 star review there.

On a somewhat related note, does anyone else like looking through low star reviews for books/movies they aren't at all invested in? It's entertaining to me :rofl:

Ugh, the WORST is when someone leaves a 1 star review that says something like "Item never arrived/arrived damaged/etc." It's like... that has absolutely nothing to do with the product, but thanks for that 1 star review there.

On a somewhat related note, does anyone else like looking through low star reviews for books/movies they aren't at all invested in? It's entertaining to me :rofl:

Another thing with Amazon that I've noticed more and more lately are the products that have been given to certain reviewers in exchange for their "unbiased opinion." The products usually have close to a 5 average rating, with dozens or hundreds of reviews (which is very unlikely for honestly-reviewed products). Fortunately, I've gotten pretty good at recognizing these products just by looking at the average rating, the number of ratings, and the style/format of the product description. I just wish Amazon would provide the option to filter these items out.

I grew up in the era of "jive turkey" and "hippie".

As I got older, the word "dude" became fashionable. I remember my elders voicing their annoyance at this word. My grandmother would just fly off the handle every time she heard it, without fail. Never really understood what the big deal was.

But I noticed a couple of years ago, when the word "brah" started getting thrown around, it bugged the hell out of me for some reason. And now we have "cuck" being (over?)used with regularity.

It's time for me to admit, I'm really starting to get peeved at the evolving nature of slang. Or getting older, not sure which.

.....It's time for me to admit, I'm really starting to get peeved at the evolving nature of slang. Or getting older, not sure which.

I think they go together, lol.

I hadn't heard of "cuck" until someone on this forum used it. And then it was in that Hitler/Trump video. It's just an ugly sounding word, or abbreviation?

• Helpful!
Reactions: Osmia
And now we have "cuck" being (over?)used with regularity.

There's a guy in lounge10000, who i've mentioned here on the forum before, likes to use that word. Every time he does I just think he's a complete and utter moron. It's not a word. And as far as slang goes, it's stupid beyond belief.

Reactions: weirdbr and Osmia
There's a guy in lounge10000, who i've mentioned here on the forum before, likes to use that word. Every time he does I just think he's a complete and utter moron. It's not a word. And as far as slang goes, it's stupid beyond belief.
Idk. Probly wouldn't have a problem with it every now and then, but it seems like the people who use it do it to death.

I guess the bright spot is that since "cuck" is being bandied about so intensely, it's likely to burn itself out pretty quickly. There will be short lull, then lesser minds will latch on to something even more obnoxious to torment me with.

I read a news article yesterday about how the Ebola virus can be present for up a year in the semen of men who have survived it. Wonder if "spebola" has any potential as a cool new word.

This one may just be me. I've never heard anyone complain about it.... Regarding food, especially packaged food in the grocery store, I hate it when the marketers take an adjective and "re-purpose" it as a noun. For example:
  • Chicken "tenders" (this has been around for a while. I still don't like it.)
  • Chips Ahoy! "Thins" cookies
  • Green Giant "Steamers" frozen veggies (I'm sorry, when I hear "steamer," frozen veggies is not what comes to mind.). This one may not have started off as an adjective. I don't know how they came up with it, but I don't like it.
These names are like hearing nails on a chalkboard.

Screen Shot 2016-09-01 at 3.44.33 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-09-01 at 9.06.39 AM.png

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
You're driving down the freeway and the traffic is going a bit over the speed limit. A speed trap appears, even just a police car merging into the traffic, and some people slow down to below the speed limit! I'm like, wtf are you thinking, that you're getting extra credit for doing that?

Green Giant "Steamers" frozen veggies

Common tactic for grocery items. Regular words can't be registered trademarks "®." But misspell a word and it can be! No other company can use the made up word 'Steamers' now.

chrome_2016-09-02_12-58-35.png

• Helpful!
Reactions: JickyJuly and Osmia
when rich bosses hoard checks on Saturday until after the bank closes. people that have never had to live paycheck to paycheck have no clue that something so small can make such a big difference in someone's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.