AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pet Peeves, yo.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When people say things like "If you have a miscarriage, that's just God telling you that you're not ready to be a mother right now."
Lol.
Jesus says you're an unfit mother.

Another one I saw this past weekend in the grocery store. In the 15 items or less lane, a woman divided her groceries up into three separate 15 item transactions.

I wouldn't have been too upset if it were in the regular lanes. I used to work in a grocery store, and folks occasionally would be purchasing things for others and not want to confuse the amounts, or even need to pay with say two separate cards and cash.

That being said, if she went into the 15 items or less lane I would've gone with @IndicaDesires approach. In that case she's just being a selfish bitch.

Edit: Ahh missed the 15 items or less bit. Yep selfish bitch. I woulda raged and made sure she didn't get to leave an faster than if she were in the regular lanes by getting ridiculously in her face.

Last edited:
Another one I saw this past weekend in the grocery store. In the 15 items or less lane, a woman divided her groceries up into three separate 15 item transactions.
Your shopping market is weird because most markets would have told her to go in the other lane if it's a busy day. That's still bothersome though.

Another one to go along with this is people who pronounce Italian with a long "I"...eye-talian

LOL. Carl Weathers did that in the first Rocky film when he said "Apollo Creed meets the Italian Stallion. *laughs* Sounds like a damn monster movie!"

LOL. Carl Weathers did that in the first Rocky film when he said "Apollo Creed meets the Italian Stallion. *laughs* Sounds like a damn monster movie!"
It's OK when Apollo says it, though :D

Reactions: yummybrownfox
The way politicians and people that have never served in the military use "Boots on the ground" like something that should be included on a shopping list is still a major pet peeve.

It also used to be one of my biggest peeves when politicians and people in positions of power referenced nuclear weapons as nucular but it seems they're making progress on that front.

I really appreciate this thread. I'm a grumpy lady and complaining about petty shit is so satisfying! So here are a couple more pet peeves:

Construction. The noise, the dust, the traffic, the catcalling, all if it!

People who stop to take photos of squirrels in the park and think they are so cute.

People with loud talking voices. It's like they are talking in all caps. Maybe some of these people are hard of hearing or something like that, but man it's like you don't have to yell your whole side of the conversation!

Occasionally, usually when I'm stressed or in a hurry, I'll encounter a web form that doesn't allow me to paste into certain fields (such as a password, a credit card number, or an email address/user ID on a registration form). I know there are reasons for doing this, but they're not good reasons. There are ways to defeat it, but it's not worth the time to bother. So, I'll grumble while I manually type my 16 character password that has upper and lower case, numbers and special characters.

This might have been an OK web design choice 10 or 20 years ago, but these days, you pretty much have to use a password manager. With all the online accounts that people have now, there's no way to remember all of the passwords (assuming they're good passwords).

Occasionally, usually when I'm stressed or in a hurry, I'll encounter a web form that doesn't allow me to paste into certain fields (such as a password, a credit card number, or an email address/user ID on a registration form). I know there are reasons for doing this, but they're not good reasons. There are ways to defeat it, but it's not worth the time to bother. So, I'll grumble while I manually type my 16 character password that has upper and lower case, numbers and special characters.

This might have been an OK web design choice 10 or 20 years ago, but these days, you pretty much have to use a password manager. With all the online accounts that people have now, there's no way to remember all of the passwords (assuming they're good passwords).

I too have grumbled at sites like that. I've even gone so far as to contact them and complain about their stupid security measures. Copy paste is actually more secure due to key loggers not recording what you type, if you get infected with one of those.

I'm usually between 40 and 80 characters anymore for passwords using the full ascii set. (the important financial related sites, basic ones like ACF it's less)

My BANK!!!! (a nationally known one, not a small local bank) got an earful when their online site limited me to 14 characters with no special characters. Stupidity to the extreme in this day and age. There's youtube videos out there showing a simple PC with four top of the line video cards installed breaking millions of simple passwords like that in mere hours.

EDIT: actually I take that back. Just pulled up KeePass and looked at my ACF password for the first time ever. It's 44 characters and uses all the foreign letter accented stuff and characters. I wouldn't even know how to type it in manually if you held a gun to my head.
325.gif

Looks similar to this:
øÍûTü-3èŵOéâ¤ÑͬlÙÀãU`Û!°x~òT¸Qiø½*§\E½eÄ0k§

Last edited:
I too have grumbled at sites like that. I've even gone so far as to contact them and complain about their stupid security measures. Copy paste is actually more secure due to key loggers not recording what you type, if you get infected with one of those.

I'm usually between 40 and 80 characters anymore for passwords using the full ascii set. (the important financial related sites, basic ones like ACF it's less)

My BANK!!!! (a nationally known one, not a small local bank) got an earful when their online site limited me to 14 characters with no special characters. Stupidity to the extreme in this day and age. There's youtube videos out there showing a simple PC with four top of the line video cards installed breaking millions of simple passwords like that in mere hours.

EDIT: actually I take that back. Just pulled up KeePass and looked at my ACF password for the first time ever. It's 44 characters and uses all the foreign letter accented stuff and characters. I wouldn't even know how to type it in manually if you held a gun to my head.
325.gif

Looks similar to this:
øÍûTü-3èŵOéâ¤ÑͬlÙÀãU`Û!°x~òT¸Qiø½*§\E½eÄ0k§

Looking at that password gives me a headache....:hungover:

When I attempt to use a new password in the 15-character range, with upper/lowercase, numbers and special characters, it seems like half the time the site complains that no special characters are allowed, so I have to regenerate it without special characters. Or even more maddeningly, it allows only a seemingly arbitrary subset of special characters. Makes no sense from a usability perspective. There really needs to be some standardization here.

I'm going to start trying to use some of the higher ascii characters, and unicode characters, and see what happens. :)

....People who stop to take photos of squirrels in the park and think they are so cute....

Squirrels are cute, but they're also a big PITA. I have a grudging respect for them because they are quite clever little survivors. Fortunately, they haven't chewed their way into my attic, but here's what the little f$ckers have done:
  • They bury pecans all over my yard and gardens, and never get around to retrieving them, so the pecans germinate. The pecan seedlings have a long, tough tap root and are hard to dig up once they're just a few inches tall.
  • They chew holes in my drip irrigation tubing, presumably looking for water. Fortunately, the tubing is easy to repair/replace. About a year ago, I started keeping a bowl of water out there for them, and that's seemed to help.

Squirrels are cute, but they're also a big PITA. I have a grudging respect for them because they are quite clever little survivors. Fortunately, they haven't chewed their way into my attic, but here's what the little f$ckers have done:
  • They bury pecans all over my yard and gardens, and never get around to retrieving them, so the pecans germinate. The pecan seedlings have a long, tough tap root and are hard to dig up once they're just a few inches tall.
  • They chew holes in my drip irrigation tubing, presumably looking for water. Fortunately, the tubing is easy to repair/replace. About a year ago, I started keeping a bowl of water out there for them, and that's seemed to help.

What a bunch of little buggers!

Reactions: Osmia
I have been limping along with my wireless keyboard & mouse for some time. It's a Microsoft laser combo that's about 11 years old (no longer made). First the mouse started acting up, then the keyboard. I went through taking them both apart to clean shit, etc. Finally resorting to re-assigning mouse buttons to get by.

Looking around, MS doesn't sell anything remotely like I had, and nothing else I saw caught my fancy. So I took to the net, looking for reviews. The one I settled on was the 2nd highest rated keyboard/mouse combo on 3 different sites. The only one higher was a discontinued model from Microsoft which is available from 3rd party sellers for $700-$900 (no joke, it was orig $99.95).

I get the Logitech MK550 Combo. Setup was easy. No problems. Then I start surfing, within 45 seconds, I realize there is no "right click" key. It's supposed to be next to the "alt" key on the right hand side. I'm pissed. I have tried over the last 3 days using the software to remap keys to the "right click" function to no avail. To make it worse, you have to reboot after each change, so rebooting 589 times FOR NOTHING hasn't improved my mood. Am I the only fucking person in the world who uses the "right click" key??? FUCK YOU FUCKING SHITTY ASS LOGITECH!!! You fucking add in 3 fucking million functions that I will never use and take away the one fucking thing I use 300 times a day. Thank you very fucking much!

To make matters worse, this is all on me. If I would only have zoomed in on the picture of the keyboard, I would have seen "the truth" and probably bought something else.

tl;dr: Logitech, Why U So Fuck Me Over? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

PS, I have the old MS keyboard & mouse on my work table, and today or tomorrow I'm going to tear it down for the 859th time in hopes of fixing it so I can have my fucking precious "right click" key back. And as a back up have my ebay bots looking for the same models (used) to possibly use for parts...

I have been limping along with my wireless keyboard & mouse for some time. It's a Microsoft laser combo that's about 11 years old (no longer made). First the mouse started acting up, then the keyboard. I went through taking them both apart to clean shit, etc. Finally resorting to re-assigning mouse buttons to get by.

Looking around, MS doesn't sell anything remotely like I had, and nothing else I saw caught my fancy. So I took to the net, looking for reviews. The one I settled on was the 2nd highest rated keyboard/mouse combo on 3 different sites. The only one higher was a discontinued model from Microsoft which is available from 3rd party sellers for $700-$900 (no joke, it was orig $99.95).

I get the Logitech MK550 Combo. Setup was easy. No problems. Then I start surfing, within 45 seconds, I realize there is no "right click" key. It's supposed to be next to the "alt" key on the right hand side. I'm pissed. I have tried over the last 3 days using the software to remap keys to the "right click" function to no avail. To make it worse, you have to reboot after each change, so rebooting 589 times FOR NOTHING hasn't improved my mood. Am I the only fucking person in the world who uses the "right click" key??? FUCK YOU FUCKING SHITTY ASS LOGITECH!!! You fucking add in 3 fucking million functions that I will never use and take away the one fucking thing I use 300 times a day. Thank you very fucking much!

To make matters worse, this is all on me. If I would only have zoomed in on the picture of the keyboard, I would have seen "the truth" and probably bought something else.

tl;dr: Logitech, Why U So Fuck Me Over? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

PS, I have the old MS keyboard & mouse on my work table, and today or tomorrow I'm going to tear it down for the 859th time in hopes of fixing it so I can have my fucking precious "right click" key back. And as a back up have my ebay bots looking for the same models (used) to possibly use for parts...

Maybe the keyboard was designed by an evil mac user who wants to make some kind of a point ;-)

Your statement about the $900 keyboard reminds me how incredulous I am when I see these completely ridiculous, unrealistic prices on Amazon for discontinued, hard to find items. It's like they pull these numbers out of their ass. These are always 3rd party sellers, and I suppose they can price stuff however they want, hoping that some moron, or someone who really wants that item, will buy it.

I just checked, and Tuscan Milk is still available on Amazon, for the low price of $74/gallon. It's been years since I looked at this. It seems like the price is quite a bit lower now. Maybe they outsourced it to China. The comments and reviews are the best thing about this item.

New moms who know everything about everything.

Websites that don't save your shopping cart.

Getting a huge clip order and realizing all its going to do is cover your LPR medication.

Not being able to sleep on your side without squishing and hurting your stupid enormous boobs.

Guys who say hun.

@schlmoe's rant reminded me of something that drives me bonkers daily at my office job.

The f-lock button on my ergonomic keyboard. Which happens to be right next to the backspace.

I have to use an f-function every time I open a batch. There is no other way to complete that part of the process. It's required. And there's a button that turns those off, so that they now do what you normally need to press ctrl+f-key for.

Why. Is this. A key. And why is it located where I'm going to bump it at least once a day, causing me to think that the system is crashing yet again. Why isn't this up by the other useless buttons like "play" and "rewind" (when are these ever used in an office, ffs).

there is no "right click" key
Until this post, I never realized that was a thing that existed at all. At first I thought you were saying your mouse had no right clicker, then I googled and see a lot of folks use shift+f10 for it.

Someone popped popcorn in the microwave at work. And they burned it. So the entire floor smells like burned popcorn for hours.

It's not that hard to not burn popcorn: follow the instructions on the bag, pay attention, and for the love of butts, don't use the popcorn button on the microwave. For some reason, that's always five minutes, which is four minutes too long for popcorn.

http://sportsnut.sportsblog.com/pos...ir-and-bad-edges--is-simone-biles-next--.html

Posting this here because this is a pet peeve of mine, and I've seen it so much...fellow Black women obsessing over each other's hair, and being so negative and critical. I've experienced some of that myself with members of my own family, and is truly annoying. These talented athletes are doing amazing thing and representing Team U.S.A., and all you've got to say is "Why her hair look like that tho?" Smh.

Someone popped popcorn in the microwave at work. And they burned it. So the entire floor smells like burned popcorn for hours.

It's not that hard to not burn popcorn: follow the instructions on the bag, pay attention, and for the love of butts, don't use the popcorn button on the microwave. For some reason, that's always five minutes, which is four minutes too long for popcorn.

Even if they don't burn it, it still smells up the place.

YES so much to this! I never ever use that popcorn button on the microwave. That thing is terrible and always burns it. Lol. What I do is put the popcorn in the microwave for 1 1/2 minute - 2 minutes. As soon as the popcorn really starts to slow down, I take it out and it's perfect. I don't like popcorn coming out burnt from being left in there a wee bit too long.

I see this shit numerous times a day on mortgage documents, legal documents, etc:

"page 2 of 1“

"page 5 of 4"

No. That's not how numbers work. Stop.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
When MFC members say "BRB. Gonna buy tokens." Lol. Yeah, um...you don't have to leave the model's chat to go buy tokens, so I think you're full of shit. :) But peace out. Lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.