AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Phone sex operator

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done it, though I've never done it through an online company. I worked as an operator out of a fetish house, so I imagine that my experience with it would perhaps be different than average. The calls I took were sporadic and I never made a whole lot of money out of it (though, I did make 25-50+$ every time I got a call). I was primarily there to work as a Pro Domme, so I pretty much only took calls on slow days, lol.

That said, I have several real life friends who have done it through a Canadian company, and one of them still does it. The one who gave it up quit because she was putting in 50 hour weeks, and only making about 150 dollars. I guess that my other friend does better, but she doesn't do it full-time, and she's been a PSO for years, so she's had the time to work up a client base.

In short: it's my understanding that it's not nearly as lucrative as being a camgirl, but I think that some girls do well with it and it's definitely safer/more anonymous.

Reactions: MiaCherri
I know a few girls here use niteflirt. If you cant cam sometimes it can be a good way for a few extra bucks. Its not as big of a business as it used to be though since other things came out like webcamming.

http://www.niteflirt.com/

Reactions: LuckyShamrok
Teagan_Chase said:
I know a few girls here use niteflirt. If you cant cam sometimes it can be a good way for a few extra bucks. Its not as big of a business as it used to be though since other things came out like webcamming.

This...I used to make awesome money as a PSO. I didn't like working for a company from home so much as I had to be whomever the caller called for. I did ok specializing in "teen" and "domination" calls (wierd combo of specialties, I know, but that is me hehe). Just hated that I was never allowed to be my big fabulous self since most places advertise that their phone girls are skinny! Even if a guy called for a big girl, I was told to tell them that I had a little cellulite on my thighs that I was working on because it was probably a trick. :angry4: Whateva!
I did well on Niteflirt for a while, but the industry on a whole is not nearly what it used to be since everyone has access to so much more now. I went from being able to easily charge $4.99 per min on the phone, and that being norm, to being lucky to get $1.99 per min...and that being high! Crazy. If you skim NiteFlirt now, it isn't uncommon to see $0.99 lines...and even $0.50 lines at times. I could perhaps see that for an ignore line...but other than that, why bother to wait on a call for that?
I am keeping a new Niteflirt line up currently, and may give cam guys an option of calling me on it at some point instead of having them prepay for phone calls...although most would rather Skype anyway...but this would be a way that they could actually pay for time instead of prepaying...haven't decided yet. I might set one without a real profile (so it isn't searchable) up to go to my cell phone and allow cam customers to have access to it...Could be good for an ignore line or possibly more. i haven't fully thought it through yet though! :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: HoneyYoni
CuckyPrincess said:
Teagan_Chase said:

This...I used to make awesome money as a PSO. I didn't like working for a company from home so much as I had to be whomever the caller called for. I did ok specializing in "teen" and "domination" calls (wierd combo of specialties, I know, but that is me hehe). Just hated that I was never allowed to be my big fabulous self since most places advertise that their phone girls are skinny! Even if a guy called for a big girl, I was told to tell them that I had a little cellulite on my thighs that I was working on because it was probably a trick. :angry4: Whateva!
I did well on Niteflirt for a while, but the industry on a whole is not nearly what it used to be since everyone has access to so much more now. I went from being able to easily charge $4.99 per min on the phone, and that being norm, to being lucky to get $1.99 per min...and that being high! Crazy. If you skim NiteFlirt now, it isn't uncommon to see $0.99 lines...and even $0.50 lines at times. I could perhaps see that for an ignore line...but other than that, why bother to wait on a call for that?
I am keeping a new Niteflirt line up currently, and may give cam guys an option of calling me on it at some point instead of having them prepay for phone calls...although most would rather Skype anyway...but this would be a way that they could actually pay for time instead of prepaying...haven't decided yet. I might set one without a real profile (so it isn't searchable) up to go to my cell phone and allow cam customers to have access to it...Could be good for an ignore line or possibly more. i haven't fully thought it through yet though! :twocents-02cents:

Funny, I clicked the link and instantly saw someone asking over $15 a minute. Then someone asking $20 a minute. The lowest was .89 a minute though. Still 50 cents a minute is up to $30 an hour. At 50 cents you need to work for 16 minutes an hour to make minimum wage. I mean, that's basically 10 tokens a minute, so figure what you make on MFC vs what you think you can charge as a PSO.

Eh, those $15-$20 an hour lines most likely aren't ringing anymore than once a week...or month if they are lucky, and most likely for a one to two minute call. The phone still has to ring to make money...
Some PSOs will set their rates mad high while doing other things as they see it as free advertisement just to be listed as available and hopefully they will sell some content in that time. They then drop their rates low when they actually want to take calls. All of the high reviews that show they are busy are coming in on a lower rate in MOST cases...there are some financial domination lines that may be an exception.
I did very well as a PSO for quite some time. It is how I easily supported my family of 4 as a single mother....it just isn't what it was and you don't have the random 10, 20, or 30tkn tippers all night long to make up for it.

i have a line on niteflirt and i have another on pillowtalk but i have not had but 1 call since i started them. i am thinking about rethinking the PSO thing

I started out as a PSO!

I used to work for Phone Actress and some other company that I can't remember off the top of my head. It depends on how good your hold times are for how much you get paid, really. My first paycheck I think I was on the phone for like an hour or so... (I was nervous, so I only logged an hour in call time that week) and I made about $35. But I think I physically had my ear on the phone for like an hour and forty minutes to two hours.

There is a lot of down time.

I think at Papillion you can get paid hourly (like $8/hr I think...), but I hear that place is terrible and is constantly berating you for doing poorly on a call for some reason. I don't think that Niteflirt is a good starting PSO gig because you pretty much have to do all the work yourself and troll for customers. Whereas, at other places, they do all your advertising for you so you don't have to advertise yourself or go and spam chatrooms and singles forums yourself.

But yeah, I honestly think that if you aren't enjoying webcamming or aren't making enough at it but still want to stay in a safe environment in the adult industry, I'd say try out PSOing. If you are good at talking dirty, you'll do fine. I'm still terrible at talking dirty but I managed to still make consistantly anywhere from $15 - $20 an hour. Remember that it's not just about your voice--it's about how creative you are at telling your erotic stories and fantasies. Your voice can get them interested, but it's your fantasies that keep them hooked.

I'd suggest looking for a company that you can make regulars at. Some companies it is completely random and you cannot request girls at all. I think Phone Actress made you play like seven to ten different characters and you couldn't pick and choose which calls you'd take. I'd be on the phone, hear a beep, and the automatic whisper tag would tell me, "Barely Legal." so I had to change my voice to be this peppy, sweet little college/high school girl. Then after I got off that call, I'd hear a beep, and the whisper tag would say, "Transexual." and I had to talk about how big my dick was and how I was going to fuck them so hard with it. Switching characters so much kept things interesting for sure, but it got kind of stressful, too. Though I love the transexual tags, those were a lot of fun. But I think my longest calls were the MILF tags.

But yeah, didn't mean to go off on it. I just did it for a while before doing webcamming.

Reactions: HoneyYoni
BluexDakota said:
I'd suggest looking for a company that you can make regulars at. Some companies it is completely random and you cannot request girls at all. I think Phone Actress made you play like seven to ten different characters and you couldn't pick and choose which calls you'd take. I'd be on the phone, hear a beep, and the automatic whisper tag would tell me, "Barely Legal." so I had to change my voice to be this peppy, sweet little college/high school girl. Then after I got off that call, I'd hear a beep, and the whisper tag would say, "Transexual." and I had to talk about how big my dick was and how I was going to fuck them so hard with it. Switching characters so much kept things interesting for sure, but it got kind of stressful, too. Though I love the transexual tags, those were a lot of fun. But I think my longest calls were the MILF tags.

But yeah, didn't mean to go off on it. I just did it for a while before doing webcamming.

HAHA Did you work for Brownwood? www.wecanhireyou.com is their main sign up page I believe... LOVED the whisper...Had to think fast once I heard it. They were the ones that told me that if someone wanted a bbw they were trying to trick me cause no one is they try to get the girls to say that all the girls are really big girls and then they stop calling. WTF Because, ya know, no one is really interested in anyone beyond a size 2... :roll:

If you pm me I'll send you a link to a forum for phone sex operators.

I don't want to post it in an open forum since I don't know if thats allowed by the pso site.

CuckyPrincess said:
HAHA Did you work for Brownwood? http://www.wecanhireyou.com is their main sign up page I believe... LOVED the whisper...Had to think fast once I heard it. They were the ones that told me that if someone wanted a bbw they were trying to trick me cause no one is they try to get the girls to say that all the girls are really big girls and then they stop calling. WTF Because, ya know, no one is really interested in anyone beyond a size 2... :roll:

The whisper tag one I worked for was Phone Actress. I think the other one was something-USA, not sure, but it was an independent thing where you "half advertise/half are directed traffic to you" but I never got one call from them directing traffic at me.

Yeah, I remember you weren't allowed to say you were older than 35 if they called for "mature woman." And there were a lot of character rules you had to follow. I had a hard time keeping track of the characters because I'm really not good at anything other than barely legal and that tag was the hardest for holding time because the guys didn't want so much of a fantasy so much as a young, peppy voice to get off fast to.

I never received a whisper tag for "BBW" or whatever their equivalent wording for it was, but I do remember thinking the max weight and measurements we could say sounded just barely above average if that.

I worked for a company sitting in an office as a PSO. The pay was good but after a few months of fake moaning/ screaming/ vomiting/ barking like a dog into a phone non-stop for eight hours a day, five days a week I ended up quitting.

I've had my own lines on TalkSugar for a few years and the most I've ever made in one month was MAYBE $300. It's not consistent but an easy way to make a little bit of extra cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.