AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Photoshop disasters

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evvie

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Feb 12, 2012
Nothing makes me lol more than really, really badly altered images. This isn't about bad design, but rather editors who either let their 12 year old kid do the project or paid absolutely no attention to what was going on.

Here is one I saw today on Youtube. If you have enough money to pay for a front-page Youtube ad, might you also have enough money to photoshop hair on to this dude better?

The new hair follicles are giant in comparison to his real hair, the color is different (and you can clearly see where the photoshopped hair ends and his real hair shows through), and the cow lick is flat and not curved around his head. Someone literally just faded out the edges on a photo and dragged it over a bald dude's head.

Finding published photoshop disasters from people who should have known better is a popular pastime. The people at http://www.psdisasters.com/ do it full time. Any other contributions of hilariously wronged photos?

Attachments

• IMG_2570.JPG
    IMG_2570.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 264
Reactions: Nordling
I can not really make fun of it, because I am much worse at image editing. I do however think the weird trick ad campaign has some of the crappiest ads ever conceived and if you buy something from one you are a bad person.

I think anyone who learns photoshop is eventually going to make an embarrassing flub like this. The difference between a good editor and a bad one is that a good one will see the flub, laugh at it and hide it before anyone else sees it. A bad one will publish it and claim that it's awesome. :lol: Luckily for me, all of my flubs were destroyed when my laptop committed suicide.

I'm not 100% sure that these are photoshopped, but if not I'm really sorry for sounding mean towards these girls... they just look very disproportionate lol.

Attachments

• s2crjd.jpg
    s2crjd.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 214
  • 481133_259694947481818_283108500_n.jpg
    481133_259694947481818_283108500_n.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 214
Reactions: Evvie
blackxrose said:
I think anyone who learns photoshop is eventually going to make an embarrassing flub like this. The difference between a good editor and a bad one is that a good one will see the flub, laugh at it and hide it before anyone else sees it. A bad one will publish it and claim that it's awesome. :lol: Luckily for me, all of my flubs were destroyed when my laptop committed suicide.
What really weirds me out is when publishers who have spent thousands on the photoshoot and thousands more to pay for ad space release things like this...

ralphbloodylaurenagain.jpg

lauren.jpg

image001-001.jpg

Ralph Lauren produces so many disastrous images that when you search for 'photoshop disasters', Google suggests 'photoshop disasters ralph lauren'.

Amateurs inflating their profile pics, it's lol but whatever. It just amazes me that this kind of thing happens so high up the food chain.

Reactions: Rose
Evvie said:
blackxrose said:
What really weirds me out is when publishers who have spent thousands on the photoshoot and thousands more to pay for ad space release things like this...

Ralph Lauren produces so many disastrous images that when you search for 'photoshop disasters', Google suggests 'photoshop disasters ralph lauren'.

Amateurs inflating their profile pics, it's lol but whatever. It just amazes me that this kind of thing happens so high up the food chain.
You know you've really entered the Twilight Zone when what designers decide is "fashionable" is so unrealistic that they actually have to use photoshop to create the shape of the model lol.

Reactions: LadyLuna and Rose
Jupiter551 said:
Evvie said:

You know you've really entered the Twilight Zone when what designers decide is "fashionable" is so unrealistic that they actually have to use photoshop to create the shape of the model lol.
In order to pass photoshop class 1 and 2, we had to swear on our finals and sign an agreement that we wouldn't produce unrealistic images of the human body within reason. :lol: This excluded things like adding mermaid tails, wings, etc, but included things like drastically changing a model's shape or removing naturally occurring marks/bumps/blemishes that the model liked. So getting rid of acne and turning the model into a fairy is ok, but getting rid of a birthmark or going from size 10 to a 2 isn't ok. I found it funny that these agreements were mandatory for all photographers at my school who wanted to pass.

Reactions: Nordling and Evvie
Evvie said:
blackxrose said:

ralphbloodylaurenagain.jpg

lauren.jpg

image001-001.jpg

but but but... it's an ad for people who are tired of feeding off the low branches. :D

Kristin Paige said:
I'm not 100% sure that these are photoshopped, but if not I'm really sorry for sounding mean towards these girls... they just look very disproportionate lol.

Second girl looking in the fridge is a definite photoshop its tiffany teen, she was one of the first solo site models in early 2000's oddly enough someone on mfc...not her, is also using images of her ass as there avatar lol.

People see what they want to see, and usually ignore inconsistencies. Hence the rage for fake celebrity nudes. Or even *fake my wife/gf* threads on some sites. Most are usually awful but it fills a niche.

Photo-manipulation, historically and politically, is a lot more fascinating than the tits, boobs and as enhancements people usually look out for.

There was the recent case of the photoshopped Sarkozy picture:

news-graphics-2007-_643745a.jpg

Pre-photoshop there were the famous Stalin era pictures that were airbrushed everytime a communist member fell out of favour and was eliminated:

stalin-airbrush.jpg

tumblr_luf82z2s3N1r683r8o1_400.jpg

Mussolini looking more heroic by having the groom removed:

mussolini.jpg

Jupiter551 said:
some of those airbrushed photos are better than modern photoshop ones lol
It's a painstaking art form. Takes a real amount of dedication and attention to detail. I attempted one in photo class, got bored and started turning my family into monsters instead. Never finished the assignment; I was a terrible student in that class. I kind of regret that now.

lordmagellan said:
Jupiter551 said:
It's a painstaking art form. Takes a real amount of dedication and attention to detail. I attempted one in photo class, got bored and started turning my family into monsters instead. Never finished the assignment; I was a terrible student in that class. I kind of regret that now.
I goofed off most of photoshop class too. :shifty: Luckily for me my teacher threatened to fail me if I didn't get my ass in gear. Scotty Kelby wrote some really kickass books on photoshop.

I can't believe everybody's insensitivity when this young lady broke her spine and dislocated her shoulder just to fulfill a photographer's vision. Who would poke fun at such a display of dedication:

She also has a tiny child arm. Laughing at someone with a deformity is just mean. :angry4:

Attachments

• vogue_drawover.jpg
    vogue_drawover.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 94
DigitalSweety said:
I can't believe everybody's insensitivity when this young lady broke her spine and dislocated her shoulder just to fulfill a photographer's vision. Who would poke fun at such a display of dedication:

She also has a tiny child arm. Laughing at someone with a deformity is just mean. :angry4:
I truly can not find the problem with this image.

JoleneJolene said:
DigitalSweety said:

Her elbow and part of her arm have been completely removed. Go stand in the mirror and do the same pose, look at your arms. She's missing an elbow and the positioning is just took awkward for it to be completely natural posing.

blackxrose said:
JoleneJolene said:
DigitalSweety said:

Her elbow and part of her arm have been completely removed. Go stand in the mirror and do the same pose, look at your arms. She's missing an elbow and the positioning is just took awkward for it to be completely natural posing.
Nope, it's natural. Maybe a bad posture choice but I can recreate that pose exact in the mirror her elbow is pointing outward.
It must just strike certain people like Gary Sineases face, because it looks totally normal to me.

Edit! Are you guys thinking the arm you can see and the hand you can see are supposed to be connected? Is that what happening here? look at her fingers... they are two separate arms or you would see her thumb, not her pinky. I'm just guessing though because I still can't see anything weird.

Don't just look at the hand. Look at the size and angle of the hand. The angle is important because it offers clues as to how the rest of the body ought to be positioned. In order for the elbow to "disappear" - which is possible - the hand would have to be at a more extreme angle. You would not see as much of the side of it, or nearly as much of her wrist. This indicates that her arm is tucked in closer to her body, which means the elbow cannot be far enough out to the side to get the "disappearing elbow" effect. You would see more of the front of her fingers and knuckles and her palm. Her hand would have to be wrapped around her head more.

The elbow was probably removed because it destroyed the composition.

It looks like they may have also shaved off part of her back. She's missing part of a shoulder blade.

Also, don't just look at the hand. Look at her body, and how her head is turned.

With a little moving around, I could recreate "missing elbow" but the angle of my head and shoulder were different. Even just a tiny little bit of her elbow should be peeking out from behind her head, if you recreate that exact position. That's why it looks weird!

I don't think you are all giving enough credit to the size of her head. Cutting up is possible but honestly not obvious to me and not nessicary to create this image.
That vogue one is being over analyzed. It really isn't bad. I may even try to recreate this image when I'm not in a rush.
Just cuz, you know... I'm a little miss know it all bossy pants. :lol:

JoleneJolene said:
I don't think you are all giving enough credit to the size of her head. Cutting up is possible but honestly not obvious to me and not nessicary to create this image.
That vogue one is being over analyzed. It really isn't bad. I may even try to recreate this image when I'm not in a rush.
Just cuz, you know... I'm a little miss know it all bossy pants. :lol:
I suppose the Vogue image could be legit, but it's an example commonly passed around as an error. I am sure there is a 20 page thread out there arguing whether her arm was taken out or not :)

DigitalSweety said:
Also, don't just look at the hand. Look at her body, and how her head is turned.

With a little moving around, I could recreate "missing elbow" but the angle of my head and shoulder were different. Even just a tiny little bit of her elbow should be peeking out from behind her head, if you recreate that exact position. That's why it looks weird!
Heh. Everyone sees things different. I didn't think about her hand but her neck...which appears to be about three times longer than average. But yeah, that can be explained away. :)

The more i look at it, the more I don't understand why they didn't just get rid of the hand all together and center her more in frame...it looks so weird, whether natural or not, I don't get it lol...its like words said too much and they lose meaning. I looked to long...now all I can think of is that hand coming out Sarah Michele Geller's head/hair in the shower...or whoever that was in that movie. I'm so confused now.

It's just a very strange image. You could recreate it if you tried, but it would still look really weird and disjointed. I'm pretty sure I know the image they got the inspiration for this from, but they did it backwards so it looks wrong.

blackxrose said:
lordmagellan said:
Jupiter551 said:
I goofed off most of photoshop class too. :shifty: Luckily for me my teacher threatened to fail me if I didn't get my ass in gear. Scotty Kelby wrote some really kickass books on photoshop.
Oh no, this was before Photoshop became big. I didn't even get to Photoshop class, this was a film photography class- black and white, to be exact. We were learning the old way of retouching and correcting using various shades of grey colored pencils. In fact, knowing about Photoshop is one of the reasons I goofed off so much, but learning a bit of technique has come in handy from time to time. I only wish I'd learned and practiced more, as I've forgotten so much.

blackxrose said:
It's just a very strange image. You could recreate it if you tried, but it would still look really weird and disjointed. I'm pretty sure I know the image they got the inspiration for this from, but they did it backwards so it looks wrong.
TOTALLY agree! It really is a great example of poor judgement on the editors part. Though I don't "think" anything was cut from it, it's still an odd posture.
Sorry I got all geeky on ya'll. I work a lot with a photographer and sometimes get a bit too "in the zone" on things. :D I'm not good at "turning off"

Reactions: Red7227 and Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.