AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

PM's

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayboyMegan

Inactive Cam Model
Oct 15, 2011
Do you use PM's to chat with members about anything? Or do you like to reserve it for only important things/things that can't be said in the public room?
I personally only like to use it for things that can't be posted in the room and not small chat, but I know every girl is different.

I used to have more conversations in PM but I simply can't keep up with it anymore. So I might respond every once in a while with short answers, but generally unless it's important I don't say much. I get a lot of people PMing me asking questions about content, and when that happens I just answer aloud since everyone can benefit from that information. I guess they don't want to break up the flow of conversation, but nah man, I'm always looking for an excuse to plug my content.

If I'm on cam actually working I'd rather if the talk in pm were kept to in room topics and things that can't be said in public. I don't like guys trying to dirty chat me in pm, if they want that then it needs to be in a tip note or private. But yeah, I don't want to have a conversation about someone's family/dog/house/day while I'm trying to entertain a room. It doesn't mean I don't want to know, and sometimes I will have these or encourage these conversations, but guys shouldn't be mislead, I push these conversations in room because I'm hoping just maybe that person will tip me.

When I'm not on cam I do sometimes, and sometimes quite often log into the mfc homepage so that if members want to have a chat with me they can. If those members tip me for my time then awesome, and especially awesome as they understand it's my job and don't feel entitled to my free time, but it's not necessary. I talk to guys in pm then partly as a thank you for tipping in the room other times, partly because I hope it encourages them to continue visiting my room, and probably mainly because I like it. Some guys I just cannot talk to in pm regardless of how much they tip.

What I do quite like in the room is when close regulars keep the pm chat to things in the room, and even the occasional piss taking of random dudes. One of the reasons I love having my closer regulars online when I am is so I can vent to them in pm about things that are stressing me out in the room but I'm not showing to the main public.

What's really difficult is when a member tells me something really serious in pm while I'm on cam, my instinctual reaction is to be sympathetic and to look sympathetic, not just that, those things often make me sad too, so what am I to do in the room? Continue laughing and not reacting and look insensitive to one person or look really upset suddenly and have everyone else in the room not have a clue what's going on and probably make my income fall.

Another thing is of course when a guy tells you something funny or supposed to be sexy in pm, sometimes I laugh and the room doesn't have a clue what it's about, sometimes I don't laugh but I automatically type "hehe" or something like that, and then realise that I'd written it stoney faced...

Thing is, there's no chance that anyone's going to get a decent amount of attention in pm if I'm actually on cam. If they want a proper conversation and responses more than the odd glance and a smiley face they need to chat to me elsewhere, not while I'm on cam.

I wouldn't go to one of my friends at work and expect them to ignore people they're serving and chat/hang out with me, and I wouldn't expect them to have such good multi tasking skills that they could do their job to it's fullest AND have a conversation with me. Just because I might be a paying customer at their work doesn't mean I'm entitled to be put ahead of everyone else and potentially fuck up their job, so I hope for and expect the same consideration from members. When I'm on cam I'm not just sat there hanging out on facebook, I'm actually working.

I fell into the trap of talking to members via pm. But when your room gets busy and people notice you're typing and seemingly more interested in one member in particular. I think it reflects badly on myself and has probably stopped me getting tips before.

Plus it's really annoying because they want your full attention and will often make small talk that they could make in the chat room. Especially when my chat rooms dead. Because i think members will stick around longer if they can see you having a conversation/having fun compared to a girl sat typing.

So now, unless it's super important or i can reply quickly with a smiley. I won't really chat in pm on cam, but like Isabella i sometimes pop on the homepage off cam to talk and they'll often tip to say thanks or purchase off my wishlist to show they appreciate me doing that :twocents-02cents:

I hate hate hate PM's outside of a quick little heads up maybe about something that can't be said in the chat room or is more personal.
I'm a terrible multi tasker. For this reason I don't even let people tip for friends list.

This reminds me of the guys who haven't visited the model in forever and then get pissed off that they are no longer on her friends' list. I think more models should reserve their friends' list (and PMs) for members who are truly their friends, not for any member who can fork over 200 (or however many) tokens. :twocents-02cents:

I hate any kind of pm's. I don't even use the dm feature on twitter. The exception is that I leave my camming email open for custom requests and negotiations for customs.

I wrote a lengthy response but got kicked the forum :angry4: and too lazy to rewrite it all so here's the short version.

If it can be said in public, say it in public. Don't abuse the right to PM because you payed the model to be your friend. You're not the only one interested in talking to her so deal with it. If it is personal in nature and really not work related, email it to her.

That about sums it up and Happy Sunday everyone.

PlayboyMegan said:
Do you use PM's to chat with members about anything? Or do you like to reserve it for only important things/things that can't be said in the public room?
I personally only like to use it for things that can't be posted in the room and not small chat, but I know every girl is different.
I looked at the first month of our PMs, I think I did more chatting in PM then. I wasn't used to instant messaging especially from a beautiful model.
I've looked at our more recent chats and I'm doing a lot more in public chat now. I've always appreciated your patience with me when it comes to PMs and getting off topic. :)

ComicOzzie said:
This reminds me of the guys who haven't visited the model in forever and then get pissed off that they are no longer on her friends' list. I think more models should reserve their friends' list (and PMs) for members who are truly their friends, not for any member who can fork over 200 (or however many) tokens. :twocents-02cents:

I rarely delete guys from my friendslist, so a few times I've had guys who haven't tipped me or visited my room in literally years show up and start sending me loads of pm's, trying to initiate dirty chat etc, sometimes even hinting at or downright making requests without tipping a thing, then giving me crap about being skint. If a member is skint, unless I talk to them all the time, they're completely welcome to my room, but it is NOT cool to pm me. Sometimes guys do it when I'm offline asking specifically if I'm coming online, which in my opinion if they haven't just bought tokens or are willing to buy tokens when/if I come on cam then they should not do, it's rude. Sometimes I've come on because of requests to come on cam, which I hopingly assume means that these guys have tokens, then they wait until I'm actually on cam having a shit session to say "Yeah sorry I can't tip, freeloading today! I had to buy xyz!"

Or of course a recent, which is a guy who I actually think is cool though he hasn't tipped in a while, was recently in my room chatting away in pm, said he can't tip because of being poor because of christmas and such, then we were chatting in pm while I was offline and sent me a link to an expensive coat he's planning on buying, then talking about going coat shopping. I mean cool, he needs the coat so I'm not hugely bothered, I didn't really think of it until just now thinking of examples, but sometimes I swear members don't think things through. Why they feel it's acceptable to freeload on us with the excuse of being poor and then actually show us/tell us about the expensive stuff they're buying I have no idea.

One of the only guys I've deleted from my friendslist was because he kept going on and on about buying vids and getting tokens, then one day he actually did and bought a lot, then bought one cheap vid, and as he was in my room perving and chatting away I could see the rest of his tokens disappearing. He then moaned to me about how he'd tipped another model a whole bunch for vids but she hadn't sent them. He kept whining about it and always always would send me pm's, so one day I just quietly deleted him. He came to my room and was very upset about it, he stopped visiting me, never tipped me or spoke to me again. I'm pretty sure he's been in my room since, silently perving. Honestly I don't know what people expect? Bombard models with irritating pm's all the time and barely tip them and you'll lose your pm privileges.

My pet hate with pm's is when you get members who clearly see me as a sex symbol/object rather than a person. These are the ones who simply cannot have a normal conversation with you and always try to turn things around to sexy stuff. I like a member with a brain! Penis's are fun, but not great for conversation skills!

Sometimes I leave PMs open when I log on, but I always wind up having to close them because you just a bunch of "hru? skype??" or "mmm big boobs". Especially if my chatroom is quiet, I just get grumpy and don't want to waste time chatting in PM when I could be trying to liven up the room.

I set my PMs to friends only after that, and I have a few friends who like to PM a lot but seem to understand when my replies are short and infrequent. Most of my friends are cool and like to hang out in the chat room, which makes me happy.

PMs are reserved for regulars and those that i've developed a rapport with. I used to have it blocked except for friends only, but I found I was missing out on potential opportunities.

however, i generally answer the lame PMs aloud in the public chat and say to come to the room to converse.

I charge 10 tokens per shift. The only ones that have privilege every shift are those in my clubs. I hate when important things that effect everyone are asked in PM. Most times I just say that "A person in pm just asked..." and "this is the answer". I prefer for PM to be used for private things that a member might not feel comfortable discussing in chat (like a private for instance).

I don't do public shows so I don't mind PMs (that's what I keep on telling myself, especially the tough nights :lol: ). Someone will want to ask me something about a thing that I already made clear on my topic :lol:
If I am to talk more than 5 minutes on PM I expect to be tipped for that, I don't ask them to tip me but I return to main chat or start teasing a bit and they usually get the message that they have to tip for my attention (quite funny to put it that way since my room is not full of people anyway but you know...).
I do some dirty talking sessions on PM while watching cameras and I charge that per minute, has helped me a lot while I am waiting for a private or group show and believe it or not that's a way to meet regulars too.
Anyway I am still learning about these stuff :)
Oh and I have had people talking to me on PM to ask me what PM is :lol:

ComicOzzie said:

THIS! Thank you! This is so important and makes me value the models who follow this principle that much more.

Reactions: ComicOzzie
TheProfessor said:
ComicOzzie said:

THIS! Thank you! This is so important and makes me value the models who follow this principle that much more.

This is one of the things that annoys me about PM's. If you do pay to be on a PM list then it doesn't really matter if you don't show up every day or even consider the model a friend. She's instantly changed it from being a 'friend' to it being a contract. Now that you've paid, if she takes you off it later she's broke the contract. This concept irritated me right off the bat when I joined. So I made a rule immediately to never pay for PM rights, and never have. It does nothing but create hard feelings later when you're dropped even though you paid. I've only ever been able to Private Message if the model herself has decided to add me on her own. That may be because I've been chatting in her room for months or even that I have tipped for other stuff, but never due to a tip specifically for PM's. So to all the models I PM with, thank you. It actually does mean a lot to me.

That being said there have been a few models I've stopped going in their room's and they've dropped me from their friends list. That I understand and am okay with. We've drifted apart from being 'friends,' so that should happen then.

But the part where the model just says 200 tokens for PM, and I had paid it, I would be annoyed if I was dropped. Either state up front this is for a month or two, or until the end of the year. Or even that you periodically go through and clear out all people on the list. Then that's part of the implied 'contract' and is fine. Hell, put that on your profile somewhere if you do that. That way it's clear and up front. People know what they are actually getting before they decide to pay for that service.

Side note -- as a general rule. The ladies who don't generally PM with people, or do charge to be on there, and yet have added me of their own choosing, those models I do tend to tip more.

ComicOzzie said:
I also have never paid to be on a model's PM list. If they want to add me as a friend, cool. If not, well that's what public chat is for.

Yet there are so many who go ape-shit crazy about being added to "the list". "bb I been here for 3 days now. can you add me now? how about now? now?" :roll:

TheProfessor said:
ComicOzzie said:
I also have never paid to be on a model's PM list. If they want to add me as a friend, cool. If not, well that's what public chat is for.

Yet there are so many who go ape-shit crazy about being added to "the list". "bb I been here for 3 days now. can you add me now? how about now? now?" :roll:

And the ones who get downright pissed that they cannot PM the model after being in their room for 30 seconds.

Reactions: TheProfessor
Status
Not open for further replies.