AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Private show prices.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to camming and haven't started any private shows yet but a lot of viewers are asking for them. What do you think is a acceptable price for a new fairly inexperienced model?. Do you base your prices on followers?.
When you are brand new getting followers is the most important thing so if you are going to take a private and lose your viewers/potential followers make sure its worth your while. A few months ago CB was glitching and thousands of viewers would be moved to random rooms - this fairly new model suddenly had 5,000 people in her room - then instead of trying to get followers she took a private. When she came out of private there were like 100 viewers left. I think she was at 12 tokens/minute so she may have made 200 tokens and lost a lot of potential followers.

Also you are most certainly being recorded even if you do not allow that through CB so the private show may end up on the internet - get paid. Though if the room is quiet as someone else has said or if its someone who does private often you can drop the price.

This is just my opinion as a viewer.

When you are brand new getting followers is the most important thing so if you are going to take a private and lose your viewers/potential followers make sure its worth your while. A few months ago CB was glitching and thousands of viewers would be moved to random rooms - this fairly new model suddenly had 5,000 people in her room - then instead of trying to get followers she took a private. When she came out of private there were like 100 viewers left. I think she was at 12 tokens/minute so she may have made 200 tokens and lost a lot of potential followers.

Also you are most certainly being recorded even if you do not allow that through CB so the private show may end up on the internet - get paid. Though if the room is quiet as someone else has said or if its someone who does private often you can drop the price.

This is just my opinion as a viewer.
That's not true for every model. Some models don't have significant traffic starting out, so its probably better for them to take pvt shows, especially since those users might end up being repeat customers. For models with less traffic it might even be more ideal to have a following of pvt customers than public tippers based on the variable nature of public shows.

(im a streamate model, so this is coming from a private-based site perspective)

i'm in the belief that you can always raise your rates and always avoid low. i understand there are people who can't afford higher rates and are overly pleasant. hell, i have a lot of great gold show regs who can't afford my private rates and that's okay. but the majority of people who sought after low-rate private models are the absolute worst. they are pushy, rude, and overall assholes. when i raised my rates, they disappeared. every once in a while i'll get a straggler offended that i charge high rates.

some people say they prefer to stay busy because at lower rates they get more shows. for me personally, that's a lot of wear on your body. when i was charging low rates, i was getting lots of shows, and my poor cunt was beat and battered. was also getting burnt out because i was so tired and making maybe $300 a week. i've learned its the quality of shows you provide, not the quantity.

charging higher rates and being consistent really helped me crawl out of the back pages and onto the first.

you are worth what you want to charge. if someone doesn't like it, then they were never your target audience, to begin with. remember you are offering a luxury service.

That's not true for every model. Some models don't have significant traffic starting out, so its probably better for them to take pvt shows, especially since those users might end up being repeat customers. For models with less traffic it might even be more ideal to have a following of pvt customers than public tippers based on the variable nature of public shows.
I see it as a double edged sword, models need the money from privates but especially during the new period on CB anyway going into private when there are a lot of viewers imo is not a good idea. If there is a decent tip menu there should be some tips coming in. A lot of new models have no tip menu so ofc private is better.

However as you say for low traffic rooms a private is better than no tips. Though in a low traffic room the model is bound to hear, oh you only have X number of viewers and you want 60 tokens a minute for private? I have seen this in a CB room where the same model was getting 2-3 hour True Privates on MFC. Just a totally different base of users.

I see it as a double edged sword, models need the money from privates but especially during the new period on CB anyway going into private when there are a lot of viewers imo is not a good idea. If there is a decent tip menu there should be some tips coming in. A lot of new models have no tip menu so ofc private is better.

However as you say for low traffic rooms a private is better than no tips. Though in a low traffic room the model is bound to hear, oh you only have X number of viewers or and you want 60 tokens a minute for private? I have seen this in a CB room where the same model was getting 2-3 hour True Privates on MFC. Just a totally different base of users.
Even when there are a lot of viewers, it depends on how much they are tipping. 1 user willing to take a model pvt is worth more than a room full of 1000 who don't collectively tip anything worthwhile for an entire hour. Also there are plenty of users who are willing to wait for a model to come back from a pvt.

Even when there are a lot of viewers, it depends on how much they are tipping. 1 user willing to take a model pvt is worth more than a room full of 1000 who don't collectively tip anything worthwhile for an entire hour. Also there are plenty of users who are willing to wait for a model to come back from a pvt.
Our experiences are quite different. I'll leave it at that since I did not post to argue.

just because you have a roomful of viewers or x amount of new followers doesn't mean they will convert into spending viewers. also, it teaches those viewers you are here for business, not for chitchat. its best to focus on the people wanting to spend instead of the people who maybe might oneday.

from my experience, when im busy with privates, people will come back to see what's all the hubbub. it can sometimes encourage them to take me private. sure it sucks if someone takes me in the middle of fulfilling a request (i cant deny basic privates on my site), but i'm working here. if they want my attention they can take me to private too.

With new tag on CB? brand new? right now? would go with the 1000 viewers every time (with the assumption that its a natural 1000 viewers because model is on page 1). Theres 900 new tags on right now and none of them are page 1.

With new tag on CB? brand new? right now? would go with the 1000 viewers every time (with the assumption that its a natural 1000 viewers because model is on page 1). Theres 900 new tags on right now and none of them are page 1.
If you'd take 1000 viewers who aren't tipping over a pvt then well that's you... Id follow the 💰

These are your experiences as a viewer correct?
I've moderated for a few models (5 some with large amounts of users and 2 of those from day 1) and talked back and forth with them about things like this along with 2 models I am close with.

Yes, I stated in my first post this was my experience as a viewer, if you read it.

This is what I referred to specifically in my 1st post. Brand new means the green new tag for just 7 days on CB.

"When you are brand new getting followers is the most important thing"

If you'd take 1000 viewers who aren't tipping over a pvt then well that's you... Id follow the 💰
Would even be willing to pay, I can see it now, new promotion system, 2000 tokens for temporary new tag, first page for as long as you are broadcasting :giggle:

🤔Now that I mention that i'm kind of surprised you can't gift the current promotion, i guess because its only one slot and that would make it too common.

I've moderated for a few models (5 some with large amounts of users and 2 of those from day 1) and talked back and forth with them about things like this along with 2 models I am close with.

Yes, I stated in my first post this was my experience as a viewer, if you read it.
no offense dude, but this doesn't really mean anything. you don't have experience because you help maintain a few chats (for free) and talked shop a handful of times.

Yeah, this is a question in the ask-a-model section where new models tend to want advice and experiences from models who have been camming a while and making money from it. Not opinions from people who have never made a penny from a cam show in their lives. Especially when they wanna go back and forth and argue about petty shit and distract the whole thread. Idk if I were OP that would annoy me. I know I'm blunt and it doesn't tend to sit well, but really?...

With all due respect to what Eli said above (and the other models), I have a perspective on this from a pure numbers perspective.
  • Figure out what you are making in tips per hour without privates.
  • Look at your tip menu and how you have priced specific items that you may not charge for in a private show.
  • Then determine how much you will make in a private for a range of amounts. If you have a 10 minute minimum, expect that the private has to pay for 20 to 30 minutes of normal public time. You will lose time at the end of the private show just getting things organized. Plus you will have lost members from your room who may have tipped and it takes time for them to come back.
  • Assume there will be members who do not tip at all while in a private (my model friends tell me it happens a lot). So factor that into your private show price.
TLDR: Basically don't set your private so low that people are getting a show with say nudity or masturbation, that they would have to tip more for in public chat. Don't give yourself away.

I convinced one model friend that she should try 12 tokens a minute (I think it should be higher, but 12 was a hard sell), instead of 6. She ended up with about half the number of privates, but a lot more time in public chat building up her room. Short term it was break even, but long term she will get more regulars.

IMO, allowing spying is almost like money for nothing. You are already doing all the work for the member in the private. Those spying have no control over the show. If spying is set the same as the private, then I feel that you will get less people spying. If it is set one tier below the private rate, members who can't afford the private rate will spy and if they like what they see, they'll save up for it.

Anyway, my $0.02 worth from a member.

@Billyboy would you explain to a professional basketball player how to play basketball because you watch a lot of games? no.

camsplaining: when a member explains how to cam condescendingly or argues how to cam to cammodels because they watch.

it's rude, annoying, and sometimes you guys can give terrible advice which might be harmful to new models. i get you to want to be helpful, but rein it in.

@Billyboy would you explain to a professional basketball player how to play basketball because you watch a lot of games? no.

camsplaining: when a member explains how to cam condescendingly or argues how to cam to cammodels because they watch.

it's rude, annoying, and sometimes you guys can give terrible advice which might be harmful to new models. i get you to want to be helpful, but rein it in.
Point taken. Apologies.

Modding for a few models and talking to them doesn't mean much to be honest.
Would even be willing to pay, I can see it now, new promotion system, 2000 tokens for temporary new tag, first page for as long as you are broadcasting :giggle:

🤔Now that I mention that i'm kind of surprised you can't gift the current promotion, i guess because its only one slot and that would make it too common.
You would pay 2000 tks for 1000 non-tipping viewers? Interesting...

Modding for a few models and talking to them doesn't mean much to be honest.

You would pay 2000 tks for 1000 non-tipping viewers? Interesting...
Yes because a model (edit: i mean female model) on first page with new tag rarely drops off naturally, those viewers might not be tipping but the thousands of others coming in and out and following might. Sometimes all a model needs is a really good launch to kick things off, sometimes they start over multiple times and completely bomb then one launch goes really well and suddenly the same struggling model has ended their new tag with more followers than all their previous accounts combined.

A good head start can really help build up regulars.

Yes because a model (edit: i mean female model) on first page with new tag rarely drops off naturally, those viewers might not be tipping but the thousands of others coming in and out and following might. Sometimes all a model needs is a really good launch to kick things off, sometimes they start over multiple times and completely bomb then one launch goes really well and suddenly the same struggling model has ended their new tag with more followers than all their previous accounts combined.

A good head start can really help build up regulars.
It's also unlikely that that model would lose all their traffic by taking a pvt. New models take pvts all the time, and what mostly happens is people who weren't tipping in the first place start complaining. There is really no good reason to turn away money in favour of people who aren't willing to spend, and it just signals to others that they don't need to spend.

It's also unlikely that that model would lose all their traffic by taking a pvt. New models take pvts all the time, and what mostly happens is people who weren't tipping in the first place start complaining. There is really no good reason to turn away money in favour of people who aren't willing to spend, and it just signals to others that they don't need to spend.
Thats true unless its excessively long or something then that brief catchup system may not be enough to recover (which CB actually claimed doesnt exist when I was trying to report an issue a while back)

This ^^^^^^.
To be frank, when you get the ones with all the life problems who wanna talk about their recent break-up or their problems with their wife, I'd rather do a straight sex show anyways. I'm always tempted to charge those guys more, not less! Or the ones who want to try to have a conversation where they push boundaries and fish for personal information all the time. Again, to me, that's more exhausting than a simple JOI session, or something more directly related to nudity and masturbation.

If it's just a decent, funny, or interesting conversation sure, but that time could have been spent doing a sex show, so charging less is not something that makes sense to me. At least the same amount, so as not to screw yourself over.

Lol, for all you know those "talking" guys could come here and start one of those threads where they say "we only talked, she never did anything sexual, she charged me less than others. Am I crazy to think she might be in Love w me? I'm thinking of having her face tattoed on my penis tomorrow, what do you guys think?".

Dude, you never know what goes or is going to go through people's minds.
Talking of Joi privates. Do you find they usually want you to maturbate too it just watch them or is it usually down to the individual?.

I'm sorry that you had that experience. The fact it made you laugh and you realized what was going on is kind of funny though. Yes, it's definitely best (as a model) not to log on if you are super distracted or cannot commit to giving a private your full attention.

I think it's totally normal to get an idea of a model in public before you go pvt. I think loads of people do that. I rarely have new guys take me pvt right off the bat, they usually wanna chat for a short amount of time first, which is cool. Hours, however, would not be, for obvious reasons. Another good way to get an idea of a model's sense of humor is to hang in her room quietly making the odd comment. A lot of guys do this. I know I personally have no problem with it, it's only if they are dominating free chat and making demands that I expect money/ tips. Once in a while, I'll ban if they are hanging out silently and I say hi to them, but they don't say hi back (within the time it takes me to count to 37 in my head). But if they say hi back, then I have no issue with it.

I think when c2c is on it's easier for me to focus on the show because I can either tell by directly seeing the camera on the cock, how things are going, or from facial expressions and how vigorously (or not) one shoulder (or both I guess, but that's a little rarer) is moving. That's why I have a strong preference for C2C shows. It makes my job so much easier, but I know it's not always possible for every person to do C2C.

But different models feel differently about C2C.

Nice chatting Brett you are always fun to talk to.

Um Azor ... fascinating. My eyes are literally closing, continuing this discussion with you. So I'm not going to, it's a bit boring, and I don't wanna derail the thread onto a huge focus onto you, and a general comment which you got very sensitive and defensive about. I just want to reassure you that you are probably highly interesting, in your own way. Just not to me, right now, this very minute.
You can do c2c in privates cant you?. I seemidels that state on the tip menu things like c2c (100 tkns) in private only so that would be 100 tons plus the per minute rate?. I don't like c2c so would have to be paid more for that.

Talking of Joi privates. Do you find they usually want you to chaturbate too it just watch them ir is it usually down to the individual?.
I think there was a typo there, do you mean chat? Most of the guys who visit me and ask for JOI, really want JOE (jerk off encouragement not instruction). The ones who visit me, must like models who talk a lot because dirty talk, and holding one-sided convos (mainly by myself) are some of my strong points. Usually, they just want a light tease, while I talk about what they are doing with their cock, and go off about how horny I feel too. I really like them, I find them kinky. I'll do a short example of some of the type stuff I say under a spoiler here, since I think that was what you are asking... I'm most often sincere when I'm saying it too, because I do find the whole thing kinky (like I said, sorry to be repetitive, but I really genuinely do.)
Hey Baby, look at you (I like C2C on at all times it's possible)...
I bet you're dying to get that cock out for me...
Go on, just do it...
I wanna see you get it really hard, just for me, for this show
Oh fuck yeah...
Squeeze it just a little harder, and I might show you my titties..
I want you to work for them.
Go one... don't be shy...

Then I just build upon that type of stuff from there. I tell them what I would do to their "big fat tree trunk-looking cock" if I was there. I talk about my pussy.
I throw in compliments on what I like about them, which isn't hard for me.
Lots of sexy arms, hands, ways of stroking that are sexy to watch, and lots of nice dicks, voices, chins, stubble, beards etc etc

All the usual. I try to switch phrases up so it doesn't get too repetitive for regulars, but overall I really enjoy it, so I think they mainly do too because they can tell I love it.
I do a slow striptease while I do this, and usually, play with myself, but I go off of their speed, and when I genuinely want to get fully naked and play with myself.

I watch their dicks closely to see how hard they are getting, how fast they are stroking, and when they back off, because they are scared to come too soon. Which I often try to see if I can make them do anyway (it isn't smart because I'd get more money not doing that, but I can't resist the fun/ psychological game of that part even if it shortens the show).

Anyway sorry to go off JOI is my fave. If you don't like C2C, I think to avoid doing it completely or charge highly for it. When I first started I didn't like it, but then as I got more and more into JOI it changed for me, and now I love it. I guess because I feel like it's easier to read what the guy wants/ needs next if I can watch.

I also do super technical like 35 -60 minute long JOIs (I have a few clips of that), but most guys are not that practiced or wanting that level of tease and intricacy. But if a guy can handle that, then shit I'm down. I'll start breaking out metronomes, different grip techniques, all of it. I fucking love it.

But keep in mind I attract a very certain type of guy. A lot of subs, and straight-up sex freaks. Not as many of these shy vanilla, over analyzing lovey-dovey, GFE types. I'm all about the guys who wanna get kinky, dirty, and slutty. I lose patience w the rest. So those are the types that tend to revisit me and spend a lot on me.
).

I only work SM live stream right now. SO currently I have a flat rate of $6.99 per minute which includes C2C if they want to do it. However, the majority can't last more than 4 minutes hehehe. But I also have lots of roleplay regulars who get 15-45 min long shows. More than 45 mins is too much for me, I need water, and my eyes can't take the glare from the lights. So no matter how much anyone is willing to pay I no longer accept up to 3 or 4-hour privates like I used to. I used to be scared to say, but now when I'm uncomfy and the lights are getting to me, I just tell them the truth i.e. this show is over, sorry, I need a break.

Last edited:
I think there was a typo there, do you mean chat? Most of the guys who visit me and ask for JOI, really want JOE (jerk off encouragement not instruction). The ones who visit me, must like models who talk a lot because dirty talk, and holding one-sided convos (mainly by myself) are some of my strong points. Usually, they just want a light tease, while I talk about what they are doing with their cock, and go off about how horny I feel too. I really like them, I find them kinky. I'll do a short example of some of the type stuff I say under a spoiler here, since I think that was what you are asking... I'm most often sincere when I'm saying it too, because I do find the whole thing kinky (like I said, sorry to be repetitive, but I really genuinely do.)
Hey Baby, look at you (I like C2C on at all times it's possible)...
I bet you're dying to get that cock out for me...
Go on, just do it...
I wanna see you get it really hard, just for me, for this show
Oh fuck yeah...
Squeeze it just a little harder, and I might show you my titties..
I want you to work for them.
Go one... don't be shy...

Then I just build upon that type of stuff from there. I tell them what I would do to their "big fat tree trunk-looking cock" if I was there. I talk about my pussy.
I throw in compliments on what I like about them, which isn't hard for me.
Lots of sexy arms, hands, ways of stroking that are sexy to watch, and lots of nice dicks, voices, chins, stubble, beards etc etc

All the usual. I try to switch phrases up so it doesn't get too repetitive for regulars, but overall I really enjoy it, so I think they mainly do too because they can tell I love it.
I do a slow striptease while I do this, and usually, play with myself, but I go off of their speed, and when I genuinely want to get fully naked and play with myself.

I watch their dicks closely to see how hard they are getting, how fast they are stroking, and when they back off, because they are scared to come too soon. Which I often try to see if I can make them do anyway (it isn't smart because I'd get more money not doing that, but I can't resist the fun/ psychological game of that part even if it shortens the show).

Anyway sorry to go off JOI is my fave. If you don't like C2C, I think to avoid doing it completely or charge highly for it. When I first started I didn't like it, but then as I got more and more into JOI it changed for me, and now I love it. I guess because I feel like it's easier to read what the guy wants/ needs next if I can watch.

I also do super technical like 35 -60 minute long JOIs (I have a few clips of that), but most guys are not that practiced or wanting that level of tease and intricacy. But if a guy can handle that, then shit I'm down. I'll start breaking out metronomes, different grip techniques, all of it. I fucking love it.

But keep in mind I attract a very certain type of guy. A lot of subs, and straight-up sex freaks. Not as many of these shy vanilla, over analyzing lovey-dovey, GFE types. I'm all about the guys who wanna get kinky, dirty, and slutty. I lose patience w the rest. So those are the types that tend to revisit me and spend a lot on me.
).

I only work SM live stream right now. SO currently I have a flat rate of $6.99 per minute which includes C2C if they want to do it. However, the majority can't last more than 4 minutes hehehe. But I also have lots of roleplay regulars who get 15-45 min long shows. More than 45 mins is too much for me, I need water, and my eyes can't take the glare from the lights. So no matter how much anyone is willing to pay I no longer accept up to 3 or 4-hour privates like I used to. I used to be scared to say, but now when I'm uncomfy and the lights are getting to me, I just tell them the truth i.e. this show is over, sorry, I need a break.
Do you get migraines?. I have a problem with lights too so o am dreading getting a light ring.

• Hugs
Reactions: MarieElise
Do you get migraines?. I have a problem with lights too so o am dreading getting a light ring.
I wouldn't say migraines, but headaches yeah. I'm also a complete moron who is using 2 x 100 000 LUX S.A.D light boxes, and a 5 headed Medusa lamp in a pure white room. With all white furniture. So none of that helps lol. I have definitely taken a love of bright lighting to a questionable extreme.

Reactions: BlueBelleBlue
Status
Not open for further replies.