AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Private show prices.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this the Ask-A-MODEL section of the forum?
Yes it is. Having stepped away for a couple of days to chill, I would like to explain why I added my comment. If it is not welcome, then fair enough, I will cop that.

I admit I know nothing about camming
I would not even think to try and tell my model friends how to cam, even though most are struggling and I have seen good shows and bad shows. It is not my job as a member to do that. I have not sat on that side of the camera, nor do I intend to. I have pointed all of them to this forum as a resource for good advice.

I do know finance, pricing and economics
. It is what I do for 10 - 14 hours every business day. I saw this question about how to price a private show, specifically on CB and thought I might have something worthwhile to contribute. Especially as it is CB where I hang out in my free time.

@Billyboy would you explain to a professional basketball player how to play basketball (my bolding) because you watch a lot of games? no.

camsplaining: when a member explains how to cam condescendingly or argues how to cam to cammodels because they watch.

it's rude, annoying, and sometimes you guys can give terrible advice which might be harmful to new models. i get you to want to be helpful, but rein it in.

So maybe the first part of your analogy is closer to the mark in that I am trying to explain how I would price a product to both sell and make a profit, based on my experience in pricing.

I hope there was nothing I said that would be harmful to a new model, and I would not be advocating starting low and going high, as I have seen the detrimental effect first hand.

And apologies if this was seen as camsplaining, that was not my intention.

Reactions: MarieElise
Yes it is. Having stepped away for a couple of days to chill, I would like to explain why I added my comment. If it is not welcome, then fair enough, I will cop that.

I admit I know nothing about camming
I would not even think to try and tell my model friends how to cam, even though most are struggling and I have seen good shows and bad shows. It is not my job as a member to do that. I have not sat on that side of the camera, nor do I intend to. I have pointed all of them to this forum as a resource for good advice.

I do know finance, pricing and economics
. It is what I do for 10 - 14 hours every business day. I saw this question about how to price a private show, specifically on CB and thought I might have something worthwhile to contribute. Especially as it is CB where I hang out in my free time.

So maybe the first part of your analogy is closer to the mark in that I am trying to explain how I would price a product to both sell and make a profit, based on my experience in pricing.

I hope there was nothing I said that would be harmful to a new model, and I would not be advocating starting low and going high, as I have seen the detrimental effect first hand.

And apologies if this was seen as camsplaining, that was not my intention.
There were many people in this thread who were giving advice, and arguing back and forth (time-wasting & distracting), who are not models.
At least 3 I believe. I guess if you are counting yourself as one 4.
Idk my count could be wrong. I do tend to tune people w little to no credibility out...
My point is unless I am wrong, I don't think anything was aimed at you personally 🤷‍♀️ So I wouldn't sweat it.

It's risky taking a private because it clears your room and doesn't allow others to find you. When you're still trying to build your room, visibility is extremely important. While you are guaranteed cash, it is "quick" money and not sustainable money. Yes, you might have the same person spend x amount on you every week, but building a solid clientele base is crucial for long term success. Finding the right balance between privates and public can be difficult on token sites. (I'm assuming that what I've written doesn't really apply to private based sites, such as SM.) I recommend not taking a private until you're already considering logging off. At least for now while you're still trying to build your room. You could also take one as soon as you log on.

I charge 90tk/min, have a 10 minute minimum and have had zero complaints about my prices. Back when I was super new, I charged 60tk/min, but required a 500 token tip ahead of time. This is too messy imo, so I just raised my rates and set a minimum time. I also don't ever allow spying. All my privates are exclusive and I treat them as I did the VIP room at a strip club. If you're open to allowing spying, then 60tk/min is pretty standard.

As Mollie said above, "experience" is irrelevant. People are interested in you and having one on one time with you. It doesn't matter if they want to chat or if they want something sexier. They have you all to themselves and you should be compensated for that time. Don't feel like "oh, well he just wants to chat about life so he should pay less" No bb, he is taking your time and that's what he is choosing to do with that time. Additionally, what if he decides that he does want something sexier while he's chatting with you? Interrupting the vibe and flow with telling him that he needs to pay extra for x thing or having a separate tip menu is incredibly unsexy and will kill moods. Have a high enough rate to where you feel comfortable doing everything that is within your boundaries.

I bet they do. This is a red flag to me. Might be fine, but this screams "I like to take advantage of newbies" and feels predatory af. Do take care with these people and don't let them pressure you into doing things you don't want to do. People will try to push your boundaries. Remain firm, but you can also do it sexily. "Sorry, I don't do x, but I can do y" said in a sexy voice while you do y. If they don't respect you, refuse to do privates with them in the future and maybe even ban depending on how you feel.
GREAT ANSWER!!!! That's exactly how things should be. I don't know how many times I've told the members, "y'all can be cheap and rip off the models if you want to but the only models left will be Egypt Beauty and her sisters". For those who don't know, EB was a model you would have to see to believe. I'll leave it at that. (#SnowWhitesStepsisters)

Status
Not open for further replies.