AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Private Shows— how do they work/what to expect?😯🫣🙈🧜🏼‍♀️

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Id rather not discuss private in public chat, plenty of reasons you might not want to ask in public. But a private message or hidden tipnote works fine.

Same for me. I don’t want to read other members’ private show requests in detail. And I don’t want to invite the possibility of them chiming in on mine.

Reactions: lil_popcorn
This is my biggest complaint with private shows. If I'm paying by the minute I expect to get full attention the entire time. I don't think anyone I've been in a show with has deliberately delayed acts, but I do get annoyed if they don't start fairly quickly (within 30 seconds) or if they are more interested in each other, their phones, or something other than me. I've never had this problem in a solo PVT but I see it occasionally with two or more, especially when it's models I'm not that familiar with. All things considered I now have a pretty good understanding of who and what shows give me the most satisfaction, so I'm much more selective in when I do them.
I'm still relatively new, but I've been shocked at the amount of people who just wont say anything or acknowledge we've even gone into a private - so I will often be like "hey - are you looking for anything specific?" but if I don't get a response fairly quickly - I'll just start doing stuff haha. But so far my experience has been nearly half say nothing at all!

I'm still relatively new, but I've been shocked at the amount of people who just wont say anything or acknowledge we've even gone into a private - so I will often be like "hey - are you looking for anything specific?" but if I don't get a response fairly quickly - I'll just start doing stuff haha. But so far my experience has been nearly half say nothing at all!
I never initiate a private without agreeing to the full show details beforehand, including my anticipated time of show. Usually with that done I don't have to say anything during the show, but I always say something immediately, such as "have fun" or "you know what to do" or "enjoy". If it's a longer show I'll indicate my pleasure at some point during, especially if they're looking to see if I've commented or if they ask. If I enjoyed the show I will always say so in some fashion at the end, but on the few times I didn't care for it I at least said "thank you". If there was something I specifically enjoyed I make sure to mention it.

@pennypink321 Cool! Thanks for sharing. :)

I never initiate a private without agreeing to the full show details beforehand, including my anticipated time of show. Usually with that done I don't have to say anything during the show, but I always say something immediately, such as "have fun" or "you know what to do" or "enjoy". If it's a longer show I'll indicate my pleasure at some point during, especially if they're looking to see if I've commented or if they ask. If I enjoyed the show I will always say so in some fashion at the end, but on the few times I didn't care for it I at least said "thank you". If there was something I specifically enjoyed I make sure to mention it.
@pantops Good info! Thanks for sharing. ;)

One thing I didn't see mentioned that has helped some of the models I visit is to consider setting a minimum time for the private. For example, if you have a 5 minute minimum set and the user leaves after 30 seconds, you still get paid for the 5 minutes (I was not sure if this was the maximum you were referring to since I am not on Chaturbate)

From what I understand, setting a minimum helps because users won't interrupt your public show flow (and the earnings from it) for a REALLY short private - or if they do you at least get paid for your time.

The other piece of etiquette I would pass on is that you do not HAVE to accept every private that comes across your system. If you are doing your public show and have a bunch of users tipping really well, or a user in the room that you know tips you well, you may decide not to take yourself out of the public room for a private with someone you aren't familiar with or know is kind of a cheapskate. You can ask them to wait a little bit when the room is less busy. It is your choice
@Hiunds Good point! Thanks!

Hi all! This thread has been super helpful. I tried to do some searching on my own about the ins and outs of being a viewer in a private show, however I couldn't really find a lot of info as to what to do once I hit that "start private show" button.

Yeah, I'm super guilty about this as well! About 10 years ago when I would start private shows with models, I was just way too shy to ask for anything, so I just wouldn't say anything at all. I gave a private show a try with a model that I've been tipping in her public room pretty often recently, and I think one good way to get things started on the right foot is to ask for something that I like that she usually does in the public show. Eg. I love the way this model in particular dances, so asking right off of the bat if she could dance a little bit for me.

I still have some other questions though regarding what other things I can ask for. I know a lot of this REALLY depends on the model, but I wonder if there's a general rule. Eg. how should clothing/prop/fetish requests be handled? (is clothing requests even a thing?)

I once saw a situation where a viewer in a room asked in the public room about what kind of heels the model had before going into private. The model showed the type of heels she had around, and then I'm assuming nothing happened after that because her room stayed public, and the viewer disappeared. Is that a normal interaction?

I think like anything, just giving it a try and seeing what flies is best, but it's always good to know if there's a general standard before I go pissing off a bunch of cam-models.

I still have some other questions though regarding what other things I can ask for. I know a lot of this REALLY depends on the model, but I wonder if there's a general rule. Eg. how should clothing/prop/fetish requests be handled? (is clothing requests even a thing?)

I once saw a situation where a viewer in a room asked in the public room about what kind of heels the model had before going into private. The model showed the type of heels she had around, and then I'm assuming nothing happened after that because her room stayed public, and the viewer disappeared. Is that a normal interaction?

This is why a lot of models have started asking for a small tip before we stand up to walk over to grab the requested item to show the member. So that we’re not wasting our time playing - for free - 20 questions of “Do you have a black sleeveless dress? Does it zip in the back? How short is it?” Lol. Requests should be accompanied by tips, including asking a model to stand up to grab a clothing item to show you.

And yes, some of these guys aren’t going private even if you DO have the requested item that they’re questioning you about. Lol.

I have an MFC member who asks me to slide my bra straps down off my shoulders, and I’ve been having him tip 10 tokens each time he wants me to do it.

That's most likely the member getting off on seeing the heels and/or imagining them on her. They do this ALL the time with dildos, whether just asking the size or asking to show it to them. They're not trying to decide whether it's to their required specifications, they're using it as wanking material and not intending to take you for a show.

I always ask what they are looking for first before I accept a private. Partially because I refuse to end a private at any point. If YOU end it early before your minimum is met, you don't get the tkns for the amount that's left. If THEY end it early - you still get the minimum that was owed to you. The other reason I ask - I want to make sure what they are asking for is in my wheelhouse. So if someone is wanting Race Roleplay - that's a hard no for me - so I just say something sweet like, 'I'm so sorry, I don't do that. Im not kink shaming, this is still a safe space' Something along those lines. Same for Mommy/incest role play - I just say 'sorry, already have 2 crotch goblins calling me that - gives me PTSD when others do'.

I offer anything in privates that I do in my regular show. I won't squirt in private if I am currently in the process of doing a public squirt show. I don't change outfits unless someone gives me something specific that they want me to wear - and I don't change until the private has started. Just do what feels comfortable for you and don't let anyone talk you into doing something you don't want to do for a few pennies.

Hi all, thanks for your replies. It’s very helpful.

So it seems the best rule is:
Tip well for questions about requests for private shows.

Always beforehand about specific requests (clothing, fetishes, etc.)

I have a feeling it’s best to get familiar with a model in public first for a few days before going private. That way I know she offers what I’m looking for, and I’m not a rando that she doesn’t know anything about suddenly taking her to private.

Thanks a lot. All the best.

I think the general rule goes that if it isn't on her tip menu in public, it won't be on her tip menu in private so best not to ask for it. I mean sure vanilla stuff but if she doesn't have anal listed as an option, it's not an option, so don't ask or it'll ruin the mood.

I think the general rule goes that if it isn't on her tip menu in public, it won't be on her tip menu in private so best not to ask for it. I mean sure vanilla stuff but if she doesn't have anal listed as an option, it's not an option, so don't ask or it'll ruin the mood.
SO MUCH THIS!!! I absolutely hate saying no because it just ruins the mood for both of us. Sends my head in frenzy worring about what they will do and i do not want them to feel any kind of rejection.

I don't necessarily agree with that statement. I try to keep my tip menus fairly short to avoid overwhelming members with too many choices, but I'm open to entertaining various fetishes (within site rules and my personal limits of course), so asking is okay in my opinion. It's just important to accept a "no" or "yes, but only for x tokens" and not push or bargain.

I don't necessarily agree with that statement. I try to keep my tip menus fairly short to avoid overwhelming members with too many choices, but I'm open to entertaining various fetishes (within site rules and my personal limits of course), so asking is okay in my opinion. It's just important to accept a "no" or "yes, but only for x tokens" and not push or bargain.
Wouldn't you have something like anal on your menu regardless of the length if it was an option? Though I guess I'm stepping on my own proverbial dick here because half the time they don't read the menu anyway. 🤣

Wouldn't you have something like anal on your menu regardless of the length if it was an option? Though I guess I'm stepping on my own proverbial dick here because half the time they don't read the menu anyway. 🤣
Yeah, if it's something as often asked for as anal I definitely would. I mostly meant some more niche fetiches in my post, but I still feel it's okay to ask about popular things like anal or squirt as long as one can accept the answer and not push when it's a no. A lot of models have different boundaries for public and private shows.

Yeah, if it's something as often asked for as anal I definitely would. I mostly meant some more niche fetiches in my post, but I still feel it's okay to ask about popular things like anal or squirt as long as one can accept the answer and not push when it's a no. A lot of models have different boundaries for public and private shows.
Maybe I have had incredible luck in that I always get some sort of backhanded guilt trip back when I say no in private. It instantly puts me on edge and I start praying for the private to end as quickly as possible. It's not the environment where I'm best and I'm sure most models here have way more experience than me. Now that I think about it, that's probably why I don't like taking privates as much as someone else would.

I think it generally seems like a good rule to follow. Perhaps even for lesser extreme stuff (eg. ahegao, etc) I’d imagine a model puts it on her menu because it’s her specialty and/ or she enjoys doing it as well. Plus it also gives me a sense for a model’s general vibe and style.

For example, I really like ahegao, but I’ve seen a few models’ tip menus where I’m attracted to them, but it’s not in their tip menu, so I get a sense that this model wouldn’t hit that specific fetish when need be.

—————————————————————

By the way, I noticed this about a model that I’ve been interested in and it seems pretty strange to me.

It seems this model is doing privates on another site while on public chat on chaturbate. It seems to be constant. So she’ll be talking to the guy verbally, asking for his name, doing whatever requests, etc. and then generally ignoring tips and requests in public chat until the has a moment to acknowledge it by typing a message in chat rather than on cam.

For one it’s super hard to pick up on her vibe if we can’t play in regular public first, and it would be annoying if she’s typing to someone else if I take her to private. So it’s kinda turned me off from playing with her.

I’ll give her points for multi-tasking though!

I think it generally seems like a good rule to follow. Perhaps even for lesser extreme stuff (eg. ahegao, etc) I’d imagine a model puts it on her menu because it’s her specialty and/ or she enjoys doing it as well. Plus it also gives me a sense for a model’s general vibe and style.

For example, I really like ahegao, but I’ve seen a few models’ tip menus where I’m attracted to them, but it’s not in their tip menu, so I get a sense that this model wouldn’t hit that specific fetish when need be.

—————————————————————

By the way, I noticed this about a model that I’ve been interested in and it seems pretty strange to me.

It seems this model is doing privates on another site while on public chat on chaturbate. It seems to be constant. So she’ll be talking to the guy verbally, asking for his name, doing whatever requests, etc. and then generally ignoring tips and requests in public chat until the has a moment to acknowledge it by typing a message in chat rather than on cam.

For one it’s super hard to pick up on her vibe if we can’t play in regular public first, and it would be annoying if she’s typing to someone else if I take her to private. So it’s kinda turned me off from playing with her.

Funny you mention ahegao because at one point I had it in my bio that I would never meet that request no matter how many tokens are on the table. If I take a private and I say, "what would you like?" then I think that's an opportunity to ask if something pops into mind but generally people will ask in a tip note before or it's someone I've already done privates with before so we both know what's up. I don't think either party wants to be surprised mid-private with an upcharge or a request they aren't comfortable with and as Mika stated, if it does happen and they just say "okay" and move on that's the best outcome possible. It's when they don't that it makes it weird.

I checked my messages on OF just now. The guy knows I don't do penetrative content but asked if I had any content of manual stimulation, simply replied that when I do he'll be the first to know. I don't, doesn't mean I won't in the future, but I'm also not going to shut down that avenue in the event I do get a wild hair up me bum and post something on the fly one night.

If I know a person would really go nuts seeing me finger myself in a private, I might slip that in on the fly but if he asks for it, eh I'm probably not going to and that's just my own personal control issues.

Yeah, split-camming (same broadcast on more than one cam site simultaneously) is very common. It does get weird (ethically and sometimes quite literally) during private shows if they let all the other pages watch. I buy a lot of private shows myself, but I don’t buy them if I think they’ll be viewed for free on a different cam site.

Many models will turn off the public show on other sites during a private show, which is the fairest way to do it. I’ve seen some that will make the other site’s viewers “buy in” if they want to watch it (such as a ticket show where, for 100 tokens, they can spy), which I am totally fine with. I don’t care about spying, as long as the spy is also paying something for the right to watch.

But some models that I visit just let Site A’s viewers see their private shows from Site B for free, and they don’t really attempt to hide it.

Yeah, split-camming (same broadcast on more than one cam site simultaneously) is very common. It does get weird (ethically and sometimes quite literally) during private shows if they let all the other pages watch. I buy a lot of private shows myself, but I don’t buy them if I think they’ll be viewed for free on a different cam site.

Many models will turn off the public show on other sites during a private show, which is the fairest way to do it. I’ve seen some that will make the other site’s viewers “buy in” if they want to watch it (such as a ticket show where, for 100 tokens, they can spy), which I am totally fine with. I don’t care about spying, as long as the spy is also paying something for the right to watch.

But some models that I visit just let Site A’s viewers see their private shows from Site B for free, and they don’t really attempt to hide it.

Surely that’s against most site’s ToS anyway? I mean, private on one site and broadcasting it for free on another?

Honestly the more I experience split-camming as a user the less I like it. There are two issues for me, one of which is 100% my issue and there is nothing wrong with it, the other I think is kind of unethical.

The first is that I find it difficult to read the room when there are multiple rooms. In a single room I mostly know what is going on, who (generally) is tipping, how much, etc. so if a big spender is in tip bombing the model I know to wait a bit before I start tipping for actions so she can see and focus on my requests. With split camming it can be hard to tell, there may be (for example) someone controlling her toy on another site so my tips to activate it won’t hit for a while. Again, this is just the breaks of the game and while I may find it unnerving it is not reasonable for me to this that should be some other way.

Where it gets tricky is privates and some tipped actions (the ones that take more than a moment or 2 to compete). I told the story on this board of one of my early PVT experiences - I took a model private and was really excited about it but she started getting tip bombed by somebody on another site and soon that guy was driving the action and it was like I was not there anymore. It was a horrible experience, and frankly scared me off from PVTs with anyone for months.

This morning I had the opposite. I tipped for 15 minutes domi control with a model I know very well (at her request I might add) and with about 5 minutes left she sets down the domi and starts talking in a way I could tell meant she was talking to somebody else. I flip over to her Chaturbate account and, sure enough she started a private with somebody in the middle of the domi control I tipped for (which was not cheap). Not the end of the world, but pretty annoying.

It feels like there are some things that should be set - 1) if you pay for a private you have the model’s sole ATTENTION (though others might be watching). The other is if you tip for an item you should get to see it to completion.I don’t know, maybe I am not being reasonable. In theory I don’t have a problem with split-camming, so long as there are “run rules” (which many models do set for themselves and do a good job)

Where it gets tricky is privates and some tipped actions (the ones that take more than a moment or 2 to compete). I told the story on this board of one of my early PVT experiences - I took a model private and was really excited about it but she started getting tip bombed by somebody on another site and soon that guy was driving the action and it was like I was not there anymore. It was a horrible experience, and frankly scared me off from PVTs with anyone for months.
Yeah i'd not revisit any model who did that to me.

This morning I had the opposite. I tipped for 15 minutes domi control with a model I know very well (at her request I might add) and with about 5 minutes left she sets down the domi and starts talking in a way I could tell meant she was talking to somebody else. I flip over to her Chaturbate account and, sure enough she started a private with somebody in the middle of the domi control I tipped for (which was not cheap). Not the end of the world, but pretty annoying.
If you know the model well, let her know your thoughts and feelings. Tell her you think it was inappropriate for her to ask you to tip for a not inexpensive item and then to stop doing that item well before it was supposed to end, so she could provide service to another client.

In any other form of business it would be considered unethical at the least and possibly illegal, depending on local consumer laws.

I think those are fair conditions. I think it makes sense for a model to cast a wide net specifically if they're after privates. The big point is as long as they turn off the other cams once I bring someone into private.

The first is that I find it difficult to read the room when there are multiple rooms. In a single room I mostly know what is going on, who (generally) is tipping, how much, etc. so if a big spender is in tip bombing the model I know to wait a bit before I start tipping for actions so she can see and focus on my requests. With split camming it can be hard to tell, there may be (for example) someone controlling her toy on another site so my tips to activate it won’t hit for a while. Again, this is just the breaks of the game and while I may find it unnerving it is not reasonable for me to this that should be some other way.

I agree with this. Lately I've been judging how well my vibe matches with a model with tipping in public first. I think that can be another factor that puts me off from taking someone to private. Interesting to read that this is pretty common though. I most likely won't be a long time client with a model like that, but if they have enough clients that are fine with it, I respect the hustle.

It feels like there are some things that should be set - 1) if you pay for a private you have the model’s sole ATTENTION (though others might be watching). The other is if you tip for an item you should get to see it to completion.I don’t know, maybe I am not being reasonable. In theory I don’t have a problem with split-camming, so long as there are “run rules” (which many models do set for themselves and do a good job)

That sounds pretty annoying. I'd let the model know somehow, especially if you're a regular client.

I don't think you're being unreasonable at all. Sounds fair to me. I think people are gonna skirt rules regardless. I feel you just have to use a sense of "buyer beware".

Just because some models are ignorant, rule breaking money grabbers, doesn't mean all are.
Split cammer here 👋 and ice never ever had any issues, and neither my clientele.
yep

That is why I said " I don’t have a problem with split-camming, so long as there are “run rules” (which many models do set for themselves and do a good job)"

Hi all, excuse me for bumping this thread again. I had more questions, and rather than creating a whole new thread, I thought I would just post in this thread again.

So I’ve been narrowing down who I think are my favorite models, and who I’d like to do some private shows with.

I thought I would ask more questions just to ensure I come across as a good client to a few models.

Regarding clothing requests. This one model I have been getting a bit familiar with in pm has a pretty extensive clothing wardrobe list in her bio. So my questions are:

what is the average tip for a clothing change request?

Also, what is a good pvt session length for a clothing request? I imagine you can’t just have a 10 minute session with the amount of time it takes to prep a clothing request, or can you?

Lastly, running the risk of being kink-shamed (lol), I like a lot of tongue/ahegao/saliva, and to a lesser extent deepthroat shows. Some models do have this in their tip menu, however I noticed that even though some models don’t have in in their menu, they will sometimes do it in the public room.

So my question here is should I even bother asking about something that isn’t on a model’s tip menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.