AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Project: Dog Ramp!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
Jawbs and I spent the majority of last weekend doing a DIY woodworking project, and it was actually a blast!

Since our house sits up a few feet from the actual ground, any dog doors to the outside were over 20 inches off the floor. We are doing a double-dog-door setup where they go out our laundry room into the garage, then out another doggie door to the backyard to a specially fenced-in dog run area.

We had to build a ramp outside of the laundry room doggie door to get the pups to floor level safely! Here's the final result, which I LOVE!

l7VOcVTl.jpg

UgR8OlOl.jpg

bFL0IyPl.jpg

Accidental action shot!
jxqj6vDl.jpg

lppkHaQl.jpg

It's 2 separate pieces so the ramp can be taken off and the whole thing moved easily. So far Tank has it absolutely MASTERED but Sugar is having some trouble figuring out that "go outside" now means going out the doggie doors to get to the dog run instead of out our living room/back door to the yard. :) We'll get there. Luckily I have a lot of yummy treats. I give her 4 days before she grasps the concept!

So this is why I was pretty AFK the whole weekend and went on a bit of an Internet silence. On Sunday we had to finish the project and had to record/watch the Miami Dolphins game on a 6 hour delay. When we watch a game on delay we completely avoid any phone/Internet contact so there are no spoilers. :)

It was nice to escape the web for a day anyway. We all need to unplug sometimes, hmm?

WildFingers said:
Tank don't need to wipe them paws He is too Cool for that He just jumps up the ramp. Tanks seems to be the coolest pup ever. :)
He's quite the rebel anarchist when it comes to that sort of thing.

Nice job you guys! I especially liked the "Tank action shot" :-D

Attachments

• tank action shot.jpg
    tank action shot.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 102
I haz technical question about the shelf underneath. Is that just for extra structural support or do you plan on using that for storage. Just curious what it was added for.

Attachments

• l7VOcVTl.jpg
    l7VOcVTl.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: dilligaf0
JerryBoBerry said:
I haz technical question about the shelf underneath. Is that just for extra structural support or do you plan on using that for storage. Just curious what it was added for.
Going to put a small dog bed there in case anyone wants to hang out there. :) (It was originally for structural support, but we made it a platform instead of a 2x4 for the bed scenario.)

AmberCutie said:
JerryBoBerry said:
Going to put a small dog bed there in case anyone wants to hang out there. :) (It was originally for structural support, but we made it a platform instead of a 2x4 for the bed scenario.)
Good out of the way place for a dog bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.