AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pros and cons of each site

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ann_Sulu

V.I.P. AmberLander
Inactive Cam Model
Jun 16, 2012
Bespin, Cloud City
ann-sulu.com
Twitter Username
@Ann_sulu19
Streamate Username
Ann_Sulu
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/54402/Ann_Sulu/
Clips4Sale URL
http://clips4sale.com/studio/78435/Ann_Sulu-Custom--HD-Videos
Thought this could be interesting, and a way for the camgirls to a) find out what sites they'd prefer to work b) the sites the members would like to go to c) Maybe come up ideas to email the sites and perhaps get things fixed.

MFC
Pros
Models get a large percentage
The intricate profiles

Cons
Camscore (I don't think I need to explain why this is more than one type of con)
Males aren't allowed too work on the site
The constant crashes/glitches/updates that fuck everything up
Two forms of free chat (seriously why are there BOTH guests and basics?!)
No split schedule unless you want to make an image (this won't covert the models time to the members though)
Changes go through fairly quickly
Newsfeed

Neutral
Social (some girls and members like to be social some don't)
Lounge (I can't decide here, because if we took the lounge away from the trolls they would come into girls room. My eyes start bleeding after looking at their comments for a bit, and I've gotten good members who've watched me first from there. Sometimes when it's slow I pretend at least some people could be watching from the lounge, and will tip later)

SM (I just started on this site, so please correct my comments as needed)

Pros
It stays on average busier for me and most girls that I've seen on SM
No camscore
Split schedules if the model wants it
Get to name the price for private and exclusive
Only takes one member to go private (same as group for people used to MFC)
Better advertisement

Cons
Less of a percentage goes to the model (however the model seems to get as much as MFC if the member goes to see her through camodels.com)
Hard to find girls with geo-restrictions (I had to remove geo-restrictions to have more than 2 people in my room)
I've had a lot of problems navigating this site, and a few of my MFC regs said the same...though most of us are new there.
Any changes take forever

Neutral
Nonsocial (I am genuinely surprised when people come into my room for the first time, and try having conversation there. Most of the time I talk to myself on cam, since they can't see the other comments anyway...I like to quote one character's lines from movies until people notice :shifty: )

More may be added later from me, but I think that's a good start.

Why do you consider "Changes go through fairly quickly" and "Newsfeed" to be cons on MFC? :think:

Biggest Con (for me at least) on Streamate:

the 30 second peekers never have to pay to see me naked. They can jump in and out of paid chat, watch me playing, and as long as they're in it for less than 30 seconds, they don't have to pay a dime.

I really wish they could track the members who constantly do this in-out deal, as I can't retroactively ban them once they leave my room.

My biggest "fuck yeah!" moment yesterday was when I managed to ban a guy who's been doing it for 3 weeks now. Fuck you, cheap ass! :dance:

Sprinkles26 said:
Biggest Con (for me at least) on Streamate:

the 30 second peekers never have to pay to see me naked. They can jump in and out of paid chat, watch me playing, and as long as they're in it for less than 30 seconds, they don't have to pay a dime.

ImLive has that stupid 'your first 20 seconds of a private show are free' feature too. On Streamate I just do exclusive only, because I couldn't stand that premium chat 'popping in and out to get a free peek' bullshit either.

Reactions: CharlotteLace
LilyMarie said:
Why do you consider "Changes go through fairly quickly" and "Newsfeed" to be cons on MFC? :think:

Because I need sleep, and I put them in the wrong spot. Those were meant to be pros. :woops:

Another con of SM is that dumb 20/30 seconds you get to change after a private/exclusive, which wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the other con of them being afraid of seeing pussy in pubic chat.

Sprinkles26 said:
I hate these people I log off and scream obscenities every time that happens!

tip:

you can turn the alert off on streamate so the peekers don't make a sound. Then you just have to deal with seeing the text. While streaming, there's a button that looks like a bell, if you press that, uncheck the "multiple paid users" box. Then you'll just get a sound at the beginning and end of the private.

You can also turn the users entering guest chat sound, but that doesn't just mute it for while you're in paid, it also mutes it while in public.

Another tip:

you can send a message to support and get a break button which turns that 30 seconds into 10 minutes. plus you can initiate the break if you're in public chat and need to run to the bathroom or answer the phone real quick. Just get back before the 10 mins are up, or you get disconnected from chat.

The problem with pros and cons lists is, they are very subjective. Also, pros for the models will not necessarily be pros for members and vice versa. There will never be a consensus on what makes one site better than another for everyone. I think it has been said before, but whether being a model or member is makes sense to try it for yourself and make an informed decision. :twocents-02cents:

Mostly I wanted to compare sites bc the two I work on are both having major issues. I chose pro vs. cons format simply to more easily split it up, but I agree. What works for one person isn't necessarily for another, and visa versa. :)

Reactions: LadyLuna
My pro/con list for Streamate:

Pros:

-Being able to pick my own rates/change them whenever I feel like it.
-Block sessions
-GOLD shows
-TV broadcasts
-Clearly defined categories (easily searchable)
-Phone option
-Cam2Cam in premium/exclusive chat only
-No below the waist nudity or shows in public chat
-Not having to work a consistent schedule
-Placement based on more than just earnings per hour over a period of time averaged throughout the whole site
-Being able to take a break without affecting my placement
-Gold Club
-Respectful members (not that there aren't many respectful members on every site, I've just had a great experience with them on SM)
-More social than I expected. (On average, I have more social time on SM than I ever did on MFC, but that's just my experience.)
-The ability to really see how long I was online and how much time I spent in paid chat/public chat. It helps to see that break down when I'm trying to hit hours worked per week without having to transfer to a spreadsheet to figure it out.

Cons:

-Support (with the exception of a select few very, very helpful folks)
-Encoder (I understand why we use it, but I prefer to have everything on one screen, rather than opening the encoder to stream)
-Those first 30 seconds/people that pop in and out never having to pay.
-Not being able to ban someone after they leave your room

I don't have a pro/con list for MFC. I loved working there, it just wasn't the site for me.

I posted this video on my blog as well.
It fits the subject of this thread so I'm posting it here too

I think the biggest pro for MFC is the freedom. While a lot of people gripe about the lack of rule enforcement, that in itself is something that allows the models to put on basically any sort of show they want** without worrying at every moment that they'll be banned or given a fine/warning like on the other "non nude in free chat" sites.

On other sites you can't leave your room with the cam on, you can't even have your pet in the room, if you slip a nipple or an ass crack into view even for a minute you get a warning or temp ban... it's nice just being able to be myself and do whatever and not worry on MFC.

**Within reason, of course. Man on cam and illegal activities obviously not included in my statement.

I've only ever been on MFC, yo.

Pros:

I like that MFC's business model encourages its models to engage with the room and let their personalities/persona be their selling point. Not that models on other websites don't engage with the room or let their personalities shine through, but I get the impression that on other sites, things are more geared towards getting as many people into a private show as often as possible, as opposed to talking about inane shit with the room. On MFC, it's not uncommon for a model to go an hour without doing a show of any nature, be it private, group or public. I like the pace of things on MFC, I guess. I like that I can talk about bullshit with a model and the room, get to know people a little and then watch them fuck things if the mood strikes. I've come to think of MFC as more of a social thing than a sexual thing.

I also like the wide array of models that MFC attracts. I like that on any given night there are gorgeous models eager to strip naked and do sexy things with their woo woos; models who are more inclined to chill and talk; models who take music requests; models making performance art their schtick; models who are dommes; models who are subs; models who are appealing to niche markets; busy rooms, slow rooms, loud rooms, quiet rooms - there's something for every person and every mood, ya know?

Cons:

I thought there'd be more stuff about MFC that bugged me, but really it's just stuff that's unavoidable if they're going to continue with the business model that's largely responsible for most of the things I like about the site. Angry, misogynist trolls; self-appointed room enforcers and cheerleaders spamming rooms; entitled models expecting it to rain tips simply because they've logged on; models PMing me the second I log on because I tipped them 20 tokens six months ago... just small things that are easy to ignore and aren't really MFC's fault.

A_Cute_Mew said:
MFC
Pros
Models get a large percentage
The intricate profiles

Cons
Camscore (I don't think I need to explain why this is more than one type of con)
Males aren't allowed too work on the site
The constant crashes/glitches/updates that fuck everything up
Two forms of free chat (seriously why are there BOTH guests and basics?!)
No split schedule unless you want to make an image (this won't covert the models time to the members though)
Changes go through fairly quickly
Newsfeed

Funny, I would have placed most of those MFC 'cons' to 'pros' list (with the exception of camscore obviously). No male performes, I'm ok with that (as a member). Basics - it's the time when you register and learn the ropes, usually one or two weeks before you become a premium by giving your cc. The constant crashes/glitches => see SM section.

Newsfeed really is a negative though, how many dozens of "I'm online now" or something to that effect feeds you'd like in a day. I would say 99 times out of 100 there's nothing interesting in those feeds.

The community feel is obviously most important feature of MFC.

Neutral
The Lounge: I dont admit I visit the lounge. Or do I? ;) Not on a regular basis anyway.

Streamate

I don't really care for SM as some might have noticed here...
- Members not getting to know the models
- The crashes, especially for models in the middle of Gold Shows and not getting paid for this
- The fuck-ups with members credit cards
- SM recording models private shows and running them on tube sites for free!
- Using 'bots' as models (running video loops and members paying to see them)

One positive thing about SM's that the traffic is insane, just like MFC. The only cam site more popular than these two is LiveJasmin, which ranks #95 on Alexa worldwide. LJ is simply advertising more than the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.