AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Question about tipping etiquette

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 16, 2020
Hello all! I am 38 and I just discovered the wonderful world of cam models (!) while on this lovely lock-down. Your help would be much appreciated as I am truly hopeless with these kinds of things :). My questions is, what are your tipping etiquette suggestions? I am on Chaturbate and I want to be a good client, but there doesn't seem to be any how-to guide out there that outlines what tipping expectations and best practices are? For example, I see some guys throw in single token at a time and other guys throw down 1000 tokens at a time. Obviously for the ladies, the more tokens the better, but what would you say is reasonable and fair for both the ladies and a fellow of modest means? Like both the per tip amount and the total amount a decent tipper should tip a girl per show? Also, if I ask to go private, do I still tip on top of the per-minute private show cost? Again, if so, what metric should I use to determine how much I should tip? As for what I'm currently doing now; for "just because" tips (as opposed to menu items) I have been tipping in 20 token increments because I understand Chaturbate tokens are worth 0.5 cents, so 20 tokens would come out to $1. And I usually try to spend $10 or $20 dollars (200 to 400 tokens) per show on a model. Is that good? Bad? Indifferent? I'm jealous of the high rollers who can tip ALOT more, but as I said, I'm a man of modest means and would like to strike a reasonable balance. I also did do one private and I tipped her 800 tokens on top of the per-minute price, but I don't if that was overkill, not enough, or just right? Please help? Thanks :)

I dont use freemium type sites, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this is going to vary person to person. Tipping for things on their menu is a good way to tip increments they are wanting.

Like @MarleyyJane says: tipping etiquette varies from model to model. Many models on CB continually list the biggest and last tippers, but it's not always a good indication on anything. Just tip within your means. If your "budget" is 200-400 tks, that's what it is. There is no such thing as "enough tokens" anyway.

I don't know shit about public shows.
I specialize in privates.
So...

Ask a model.

I always try to figure out what members want beforehand
and I let them know if I require extra tips
for some kind of actions in a private show.
So no unpleasant surprises for both of us.

If I didn't mention any extras,
I don't expect it.
But I'm really happy if someone likes my show enough
to tip on the top.
Since I don't expect it,
any amount is highly appreciated.

But I can't speak on behalf of all models,
even a private based ones.
We all are different.

So yeah. Just ask a model.

Reactions: MarieElise
Here is all the information I can think of:

How you tip will largely depend on what your purpose is. If you just want to show appreciation, no strings attached then tipping in increments of 20 is perfect. Large tips have that “wow” factor that will make you stand out and the model remember you easily, but you can achieve the same or even a larger impact if you visit her frequently and keep your interactions positive and happy. We love regulars more than anything else. I would avoid 1 token tips unless the model is using a Lush and the room is dead.

You should adjust your tipping pattern to the context and the moment. Small rooms tend to have less tippers and bigger lulls than large rooms so in those rooms you will generally need less to stand out. However, large rooms tend to be popular for a reason so don’t be surprised if you feel more welcomed and recognized in one of these, many small rooms have lovely models who will be just as good as the popular ones but it is also true that some small rooms have inexperienced models who haven’t figured out yet how to show appreciation, can be shy or rude or are steaming in 3 or 4 sites at the same time so they aren’t even paying much attention. So experiment in several rooms of varying sizes until you find a model and a community you feel happy in.

When you are committed to a show you should also adjust the tipping to the moment. If the room is dead you want to tip small, not necessarily 1 token but small amounts so others join you tipping without feeling intimidated. (If she is using a Lush and the room is dead 1 token walls will bring other tippers to the table and start some momentum which she will LOVE). When the room is moving fast, you have many tippers and people tipping big here and there you want to tip higher so you won’t decrease the energy, think 100+. If that’s too high then simply wait until it dies down a bit to resume your tipping cause if the model is busy thanking and showing appreciation to people who are tipping 500 or 1000 tips she will likely ignore small tips in that moment.

I don’t do private shows but I did them for a while when I started and receiving a tip in a private made the experience memorable and made me very happy. Especially if it was a nice big tip.

For a man of modest means who wants to have fun and make an impact my best advice is to find just one room or two and devote your tokens to it. Spreading them around is valid it just won’t make you memorable anywhere, while if you stick to a room or two and visit often and are a happy presence the model will come to love seeing you and you will even end up making friends in her room. It’s a better experience all around imo.

Last edited:
Hello all! I am 38 and I just discovered the wonderful world of cam models (!) while on this lovely lock-down. Your help would be much appreciated as I am truly hopeless with these kinds of things :). My questions is, what are your tipping etiquette suggestions? I am on Chaturbate and I want to be a good client, but there doesn't seem to be any how-to guide out there that outlines what tipping expectations and best practices are? For example, I see some guys throw in single token at a time and other guys throw down 1000 tokens at a time. Obviously for the ladies, the more tokens the better, but what would you say is reasonable and fair for both the ladies and a fellow of modest means? Like both the per tip amount and the total amount a decent tipper should tip a girl per show? Also, if I ask to go private, do I still tip on top of the per-minute private show cost? Again, if so, what metric should I use to determine how much I should tip? As for what I'm currently doing now; for "just because" tips (as opposed to menu items) I have been tipping in 20 token increments because I understand Chaturbate tokens are worth 0.5 cents, so 20 tokens would come out to $1. And I usually try to spend $10 or $20 dollars (200 to 400 tokens) per show on a model. Is that good? Bad? Indifferent? I'm jealous of the high rollers who can tip ALOT more, but as I said, I'm a man of modest means and would like to strike a reasonable balance. I also did do one private and I tipped her 800 tokens on top of the per-minute price, but I don't if that was overkill, not enough, or just right? Please help? Thanks :)

I agree with @Mila_ on this one. Find a couple of rooms you like and stick to them. I've been camming since April 2020 and I personally like/dislike the following:

Dislike:
Tip 1 token and say "show ass bb"
Come to my room all the time and just converse.
Don't misunderstand - my room's quite small 100-200 viewers at a time and I try to pay attention to everyone of them. But there are some viewers who
only log on to chat because they know I respond to everyone and fail to tip even 1 token! Mate, this ain't cool. We're here to work and if a viewer can't
tip 5 bucks over the course of a few shows then he ought to stay silent.

Make it rain once and expect a lifetime of servitude
I had this one guy who showed up and tipped about 800tks in one show. Great! I was extra nice to him, gave my snap id so that we could "schedule" a
private show. A month goes by and he's still stringing me along about the private show and asking me for free photos. As @Mila_ also said, smaller
rooms are for new girls who don't yet know the ropes. And I'm still learning. So when I realised I needed to monetize my snap, this viewer got
passive aggressive. Finally he said he wanted a show, I arrived, he didn't, I realised I was being had and I blocked him from all my accounts. Don't be
that guy!

Silently lurk in my room
As some of the regulars from my show will tell you, mine's a more interactive, light-hearted room. I make jokes, I ask you about your life, your work,
YOU as a person and I talk about myself. I've got 2 cats who always want to be on camera and that's a running gag. So, as soon as a viewer hops
on, I say "Hello username, nice to see you!" And if I see you online for a good many shows and you don't respond, this annoys me. Now this is just
me :)

Like:
Tip what you can, and be nice!
If there are games and I'm asking you to play, then play!
I personally prefer it if guy tips at least 25tks per show. Even if you don't, I will still remember you and where you're from and ask you about your life in the following show :)
Tip consistently - whatever your amount :) And maybe make it rain in your girl's room one day :)

Hope this helps

I agree with @Mila_ on everything she said but I’ll add one thing - I have one regular who tips super well (400-1200tk per show) but he does it in such a fun way - he’ll tip say, 200tk but he does it super quickly in increments of 5tk, or he’ll tip 1tk, 2tk, 3tk etc. up to 20tk like he’s counting so it keeps the tip noise going constantly and is super exciting for me as a model. That sound raises my mood and energy so much (like Pavlov’s dogs haha) and I get super excited and jump up and down and do booty shakes or do a shot of tequila to celebrate 🎉 my other regulars have caught on and some of them have started to tip like that as well. Personally I find that for appreciation tips that’s a really fun way to do it :) when I have time to keep track of the totals I offer stuff from my menu - but honestly they seem happy just to see me so happy ❤️ I’m on MFC however which has more of a community vibe - like my regulars love eachother and we all talk - they get excited to see eachother as well as to see me so it makes sense that some of them have adopted that tipping style as well . I don’t know if CB has a tip noise like that as well but if it does you’ll make a models day with those machine gun tips - even if it’s just 1tk at a time :)

Reactions: DoD404 and Smoothie
I agree with @Mila_ on everything she said but I’ll add one thing - I have one regular who tips super well (400-1200tk per show) but he does it in such a fun way - he’ll tip say, 200tk but he does it super quickly in increments of 5tk, or he’ll tip 1tk, 2tk, 3tk etc. up to 20tk like he’s counting so it keeps the tip noise going constantly and is super exciting for me as a model. That sound raises my mood and energy so much (like Pavlov’s dogs haha) and I get super excited and jump up and down and do booty shakes or do a shot of tequila to celebrate 🎉 my other regulars have caught on and some of them have started to tip like that as well. Personally I find that for appreciation tips that’s a really fun way to do it :) when I have time to keep track of the totals I offer stuff from my menu - but honestly they seem happy just to see me so happy ❤ I’m on MFC however which has more of a community vibe - like my regulars love eachother and we all talk - they get excited to see eachother as well as to see me so it makes sense that some of them have adopted that tipping style as well . I don’t know if CB has a tip noise like that as well but if it does you’ll make a models day with those machine gun tips - even if it’s just 1tk at a time :)

Thanks for this. I do several of the tipping behaviors you mentioned - the counting thing, the large tip total broken down into small(ish) increments to make it more fun, the “appreciation tip” that’s deliberately not on the menu. It’s nice to know it’s fun for the model too (in your case, at least). Sometimes I get creative with tip amounts for my own amusement, but I wonder if anyone except for me is amused.🙂

Thanks for this. I do several of the tipping behaviors you mentioned - the counting thing, the large tip total broken down into small(ish) increments to make it more fun, the “appreciation tip” that’s deliberately not on the menu. It’s nice to know it’s fun for the model too (in your case, at least). Sometimes I get creative with tip amounts for my own amusement, but I wonder if anyone except for me is amused.🙂

I had a regular tipping me in code all night and I loved figuring it out haha! It’s fun to switch things up ❤️

Reactions: DoD404 and Smoothie
Status
Not open for further replies.