AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Question - making the switch from FF to Chrome

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyMarie

V.I.P. AmberLander
Inactive Cam Model
Aug 28, 2011
Hey, I didn't really know where else to ask this...

I'm trying to stop using Firefox and start using Google Chrome as my main browser.
Now, I really am a creature of habit, and I had to import all bookmarks and passwords.

But how do you import the browser history from Firefox? When I went to 'import booksmarks and settings' (not exactly sure what it's called in the English version, actually), I ticked 'browser history', too. But when I enter a few letters of a site I visited on Firefox into the address line, Chrome does not suggest the full address like it should. The problem is, I really need it to, because that's usually how I visit certain pages, it's incredibly convenient...

just type the full thing out once, or copy and paste the address from firefox and actually visit the site in chrome

every time after that the first two letters will work just fine :)

I'm almost positive this is on by default but just to check

Click the "wrench" icon
Choose Settings
On the very bottom, click Show advanced settings...
Find the Privacy section
Look for the option "Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar"
Make sure its checked.

While you are there, just to check that it did bring your history over, on the left side just under the word Chrome, click History and make sure all the stuff is there. You could clear it back to the beginning of time and do the import again. But if its there and the import worked correctly then Chrome is working just fine, just not the way you'd like it to.

Reactions: LadyLuna
um you can just go into chrome, the menu, bookmarks, import bookmarks, select firefox and click ok

Kunra9,
doing that for every single page I need is not really an option, we're talking about hundreds of pages here. :/

Neudiin said:
I'm almost positive this is on by default but just to check

Click the "wrench" icon
Choose Settings
On the very bottom, click Show advanced settings...
Find the Privacy section
Look for the option "Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar"
Make sure its checked.

While you are there, just to check that it did bring your history over, on the left side just under the word Chrome, click History and make sure all the stuff is there. You could clear it back to the beginning of time and do the import again. But if its there and the import worked correctly then Chrome is working just fine, just not the way you'd like it to.
I just did all that (the box was already checked) but the Firefox history still isn't in Chrome.

Bocefish said:
http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95418
Jupiter551 said:
um you can just go into chrome, the menu, bookmarks, import bookmarks, select firefox and click ok

LilyMarie said:
When I went to 'import booksmarks and settings' (not exactly sure what it's called in the English version, actually), I ticked 'browser history', too. But when I enter a few letters of a site I visited on Firefox into the address line, Chrome does not suggest the full address like it should.

http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=96816

Last time I did it was to export bookmarks (didn't do history) to my laptop from my desktop, I saved the bookmarks as an html file, copied the html file over then just browsed to it when I went to the appropriate area to import bookmarks. I guess you could also just make it so that chrome points to the directory where firefox has the history saved.

Usually if my computer doesn't seem to be doing what it's supposed to in regard to saving settings etc, I suspect that windows user account control is fucking with it.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Status
Not open for further replies.