AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Question regarding new site setup

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 15, 2014
Hi everyone,

Before I continue, I would like to thank Amber and the community for this board, it is certainly a treasure trove of information and entertaining reading.

My partners and I have been involved with a number of online businesses, adult being one such niche, and more recently we have started a new webcam site. We have decided to avoid the same model as used by many other sites, whereas, the sites offer their performers commission structures that range from 35% and upwards.
Our model is to offer performers 100% of their earnings, we only ask for 100 tokens ($10) per session from the performers. So any amount of tokens earned over the 100 mark, belongs entirely to the performer.

The site offers various shows, such as Free chat, Private chat and Private chat with the option to peek. It also has the option to sell recorded videos and photo sets, which if bought earns the performer 100% of those sales.

Is this something that is of interest to you?
Any insight will be extremely appreciated.
Thanks!

I am wondering, how would that work with selling videos from your platform too? you would be responsible for the content of the video, so are you going to 'okay' every vid before it goes online? copyright issues, borderline illegal issues. stuff like that.

also, unless I would be absolutely certain there is a lot of traffic and a lot of paying visitors I would not pledge down 10 dollars everytime I would go on. I would much rather stick to the known sites. because even on a bad shift, $0 is still more than $-10.

Hello Fay,

Fay_Galore said:
I am wondering, how would that work with selling videos from your platform too? you would be responsible for the content of the video, so are you going to 'okay' every vid before it goes online? copyright issues, borderline illegal issues. stuff like that.

The video's are recorded from a performers show, which the performer can choose to activate or not. Each video will be owned and the property of said performer, our site is setup so that the video's are streamed from the performers rooms once payment is made.

also, unless I would be absolutely certain there is a lot of traffic and a lot of paying visitors I would not pledge down 10 dollars everytime I would go on. I would much rather stick to the known sites. because even on a bad shift, $0 is still more than $-10.

I do apologise, I should have phrased my initial explanation better. The $10 I speak of is deducted from your earnings after each session which the performer logs. So, let us say that performer A logs in and during her session she earns 1000 tokens, once performer A logs off our system deducts 100 tokens from the 1000 she has earned, which leaves the performer with 900. So the performer does not outlay an upfront fee, simply appear on cam.

I hope this clears things up for you.

CamzGuy said:
I do apologise, I should have phrased my initial explanation better. The $10 I speak of is deducted from your earnings after each session which the performer logs. So, let us say that performer A logs in and during her session she earns 1000 tokens, once performer A logs off our system deducts 100 tokens from the 1000 she has earned, which leaves the performer with 900. So the performer does not outlay an upfront fee, simply appear on cam.

I hope this clears things up for you.

yes, but what if she makes 0 tokens? which is bound to happen at least in the beginning (unless you can garantee paying customers, and you'll need a lot of those! but how would you get them without models on the site.)

to be honest, as a start-up business, you would want to gain some credit, trust and loyalty with your models, since they're the one actually generating income for you. It's a bit of a weird trust-base to expect money from her even before you can guarantee a good income for her.

I understand if you're setting up a bakery, you'll have to pay rent, even if the bakery is not making profit. but this is a whole different area with very different concurrents, if you want models, you'll need to keep it as accessible as possible.

also, with all this business tips we're giving out on here we might as well start our own site ;)

Fay_Galore said:
yes, but what if she makes 0 tokens? which is bound to happen at least in the beginning (unless you can garantee paying customers, and you'll need a lot of those! but how would you get them without models on the site.)
In its original form, the system would not deduct the 100 tokens unless the performer reaches it. So, only once 100 tokens has been registered would the system deduct the amount, the performer will never owe any tokens.

I have had a word with my developer and requested to alter the system some what. I have now requested that the system only deducts the 100 tokens once the performer reaches 200 tokens and above. So this means that, the system will never deduct 100 tokens from the performers account, without the performer having a minimum of 200 tokens. This way, the performer does not walk away with nothing.

I'd love to hear more, but to be honest I'm waiting for some sort of catch, or this not taking off at all, because unless you have LOADS of models I can't see how it will be profitable for you...
But I'm listening... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.