AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Questions for findommes.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2017
Hello fellow cam models/dommes!

I'm sort of new to the adult industry (2 years), but this is my first time trying Webcam Modelling and Ive recently gotten into findom. I can say that Ive done okay, but Ive just started to purchase all my gear (meaning HD webcam, lighting, props, etc), so its still VERY slow for me. Ive tried doing vanilla kind of clips but honestly none of that works for me, I can say that Im a natural findomme but Im still very new at it. So I've recently been seeing how much money top Findommes make on IWC and Im pretty much blown away. I WANT to get to that level and I was hoping someone would be kind enough to give me some advice? I am very creative, got a lot of scripts written and all of that but I need a few doubts cleared..

1- Did you have to Cam before being able to sell a lot of clips on IWC?
2- Do you pay someone to do your marketing?
3- Is it possible to have a top selling store without camming first?

Ive tried contacting a few dommes for help/advice but they all told me to fuck off so Im here hoping anyone will be kind enough to answer my questions. I really appreciate it!

ps: Excuse my English, Im Latin.

I'm not sure about your second question, but I can say that it is totally possible to be successful at clips without a background in camming. The two do not have to go hand in hand. If you just want to make clips, make clips!

Nope. My cam and clip customers are entirely separate people. Most find me on-site and don't know that I offer the other services.

It's not worth it. Post regularly, and interact with other Dommes on Twitter. You will build rapport and a following that way.

3- Is it possible to have a top selling store without camming first?
1. I made a completely new persona and had no following, so technically no.
2. No, I'm a one woman show.
3. Yes - see above.

Yeah it's possible to be successful at findom without camming. What matters on clip sites is consistency. Find how often you want to upload and stick to it. If you're going to do it once a day stick to once a day. Once a week? Stick to once a week. The top girls have consistent schedules and also have been on the site for a while and have been working to cultivate their styles and bases. I know The Only Theodora works her ass off off site, researches psychology stuff to bring to her dom persona, etc.

tl;dr grind it out and be consistent. You don't need to cam if you don't want to.

I'm not sure about your second question, but I can say that it is totally possible to be successful at clips without a background in camming. The two do not have to go hand in hand. If you just want to make clips, make clips!
Thank you for your reply :) well thing is that I noticed there's this man called ''Dirk Hooper''' on Twitter, who's offering a brand makeover package for Dommes and he seems to be experienced at it. He's charging 100USD and I'm seriously considering it but I'm not sure if it's worth it ?

Wow thank you so much for answering girls, I really appreciate it! I think that for now my best bet is to do both cam and clips and just stop camming when I start selling regularly.

What do you think works best, uploading a clip daily or weekly?

Thank you for your reply :) well thing is that I noticed there's this man called ''Dirk Hooper''' on Twitter, who's offering a brand makeover package for Dommes and he seems to be experienced at it. He's charging 100USD and I'm seriously considering it but I'm not sure if it's worth it ?
I don't know who that is or anything about them, but it sounds like a waste of money to me. There are always going to be people trying to profit off of your work, everyone wants a piece of this sweet sexwork pie. There is no need for you to pay some random dude to do a "brand makeover," re-branding can be as simple as changing your name and that shit is free. I think you are making it out to be more complicated than it actually is. ;)

Wow thank you so much for answering girls, I really appreciate it! I think that for now my best bet is to do both cam and clips and just stop camming when I start selling regularly.

What do you think works best, uploading a clip daily or weekly?
Depends on what site you're going to work on and your stamina. I see better returns with an every day upload schedule, which is doable by having a dedicated day or two out of the week to filming the clips I'm going to upload throughout the week.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Dirk is a fetish photographer, and though I really like his style, it isn't necessary for you to get a brand makeover imo. He's cool, and a great promoter on twitter, but again, I don't think you need his services unless you want him to photograph you? Don't waste your money, get your feet wet, see what you like, engage, be a bb domme for a while, and feel it out. You'll do great!

Something to keep in mind: many of us on here have been doing it for years. Be realistic in your goals. You can do very well, but sometimes our preferred sites are NOT our main money makers. I would prefer to make all my income from clips, but at this point it's not totally possible yet, and hasn't been for 6 years. This is not to say that it can't, or won't, but building a brand that is yourself takes a lot of work and a lot of time.

I don't think paying someone to do your marketing is a good thing, fuck, I even avoid people (like on Twitter) who want to "promo" me for free. They usually end up wanting something, a kik username, nudes sent to them, your time that is better spent making gifs, taking videos, doing literally anything else than bothering scum that think retweeting a photo means they're owed something. Just work up, use some tags, there's a thread on ABF about twitter promotion.

Also, IWC is actually pretty awesome at promoting all their models, not just the ones who make the most for them. You do not need to cam before making clips, you do need to be realistic though. Women who are in the top 50, or top 100 are putting in a lot of time (like, years) and energy into making those clips and making money.

Also, IWC is actually pretty awesome at promoting all their models, not just the ones who make the most for them.

They are pretty great. The featured models are quite frequently not top sellers, and the few contests they have are fair. The December contest was amazing, it really was random choice who won, because I am NOWHERE near a top earner and I won one of the daily prizes. If I tweet an ad and @ them, they retweet me, which makes for nice promo.

I know this might sound like a strange question but, Can I model on a clipsite see whether a purchase of her video made with credit card or with a debit card?
I don't believe so. At least not that I've been able to see. Why?

I know this might sound like a strange question but, Can I model on a clipsite see whether a purchase of her video made with credit card or with a debit card?

Nope, we have no idea. You could have purchased it in fairy dust for all we know. It shouldn't be relevant to or even matter to the model.

Reactions: ExcellaExe
If you use a debit card to make a purchase, it'll be the kind of card that is Visa/MC-backed, since you can't make an actual debit purchase online. So it would appear the same as a credit card purchase would, IF we had access to that sort of information. We don't see what kind of card it is though.

Reactions: Techwitch
Status
Not open for further replies.