AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Raffle Tickets- What if I sell a lot!?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pennybabyblue

Cam Model
Oct 14, 2018
Hi beautiful models-

I'm going to do a raffle on CB to celebrate a milestone number of followers and I'm super excited. Was thinking of raffling off Snapchat, an exclusive video & a custom photo set featuring a body part of their choice. Do you like that idea?

I think everything seems in order.. I have the amount for 1 ticket, and some packages to get more tickets, but my question is... how the HELL do I write that many tickets if I sell 1000s of tickets.

Obviously this is a dream, I have no idea how many I will sell BUT have you guys ever done a raffle and sold a ton of tickets? Do I actually have to write out the username 1000 times? As I'm writing this I'm wondering if there's even an alternative to this... but maybe something digital?

In addition, how many winners do you typically choose and how do you ensure the winner gets their prize?

Anyway, those are specific questions but if you wonderful people have any tips & tricks to manage a not messy raffle, I would love it!

Right about now I would love an intern... :joyful:

Thanks in advance!

There are apps and stuff but I’ve never used one. Usually I will assign a certain color line to a person if they start buying a ton.

Usually I will assign a certain color line to a person if they start buying a ton.
This is my go-to. I have a ton of different color markers and draw lines through multiple tickets at a time.

Reactions: JoleneBrody
There are apps and stuff but I’ve never used one. Usually I will assign a certain color line to a person if they start buying a ton.
Ah I think I understand- like you'll give User12345 a purple ticket if he buys a lot of tickets? So then you'll just have him be a purple color 50 times. Is this what you mean? If so it is GENIUS.

This is my go-to. I have a ton of different color markers and draw lines through multiple tickets at a time.
Wow this will save me so much time thank you.

So different color markers on those tickets I guess you buy at a stationery store?

This is why I love ACF!

The first time I ever did a raffle, the price of each ticket was super cheap. I don't remember the exact amount, but not only were they cheap, but there were also bundle packages that made them even cheaper. Big mistake I did end up having to write something like 200-300 tickets, on cam, it took forever and I'm sure it was boring or annoying for the vast majority watching. Eventually I just started writing an abbreviation of that person's username and it still took forever.

Lesson learned, it's okay to up the amount per ticket so this doesn't happen, lol. Someone who spends 1000 tokens is going to spend that amount whether the tickets are 10 tokens each or 100 each. The difference is between writing out 10 tickets instead of 100.

To answer these questions:
In addition, how many winners do you typically choose and how do you ensure the winner gets their prize?

I would have three winners no matter what. However, if I hit certain token goals for the month, I would add additional winners.

As for ensuring that the winner gets the prize, this was actually quite difficult. I found that the vast majority would decline their prize (usually a Skype session) so I would give the option of either Skype or videos, pictures, etc. Most would just go with videos and pictures. If the winner was not a regular, I would often pick a second winner just in case the original winner never logged back in again.

Markers like this

https://www.amazon.com/Crayola-Wash...ayola+markers&qid=1553894869&s=gateway&sr=8-5

And a single roll of tix like this (not a double roll)

https://www.amazon.com/Fun-Express-...l&qid=1553894923&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1
but preferably white so the marker colors are easier to tell :).
The markers thing is very smart- so each person who bought a large amount of tickets will get a color. Got on the ticket recommendation as well. I was imagining spending an entire 2 days writing 100s of tickets (god willing, of course, the point is to sell sell sell) but this will make life easier.

The first time I ever did a raffle, the price of each ticket was super cheap. I don't remember the exact amount, but not only were they cheap, but there were also bundle packages that made them even cheaper. Big mistake I did end up having to write something like 200-300 tickets, on cam, it took forever and I'm sure it was boring or annoying for the vast majority watching. Eventually I just started writing an abbreviation of that person's username and it still took forever.

Lesson learned, it's okay to up the amount per ticket so this doesn't happen, lol. Someone who spends 1000 tokens is going to spend that amount whether the tickets are 10 tokens each or 100 each. The difference is between writing out 10 tickets instead of 100.

To answer these questions:

I would have three winners no matter what. However, if I hit certain token goals for the month, I would add additional winners.

As for ensuring that the winner gets the prize, this was actually quite difficult. I found that the vast majority would decline their prize (usually a Skype session) so I would give the option of either Skype or videos, pictures, etc. Most would just go with videos and pictures. If the winner was not a regular, I would often pick a second winner just in case the original winner never logged back in again.
Ah I can't imagine writing that many tickets-especially on cam! This was my nightmare, as well because it would take so much time to write out each ticket... but the ladies with the marker recommendations helped me so much. It doesn't seem as daunting now. In addition the point you made about big tippers spending lots of money to buy raffle tickets anyway makes a lot of sense. Making a ticket too cheap will just have the big tippers buy tons and tons of tickets. Was thinking 40 for 1 ticket, 140 for 5 tickets and 400 for 20 tickets. I was originally going to do every 40 tickets there is a new winner (so 1 winner if 40 tickets bought, 2 winners 80, 3 120, etc.) but now that might mess me up and leave me with 15 winners... so 3 seems like a good amount. Thanks :h:

Ah I think I understand- like you'll give User12345 a purple ticket if he buys a lot of tickets? So then you'll just have him be a purple color 50 times. Is this what you mean? If so it is GENIUS.
Yes! I just use different color markers, Draw a line across them all (10 at a time is easiest for me) them tear them after. Quick and simple!
My only other suggestion is that filling out tickets on cam cam kind of kill the room vibe if you have a lot to do, so I suggest doing it either off cam or at the end of the night.

Ah I can't imagine writing that many tickets-especially on cam! This was my nightmare, as well because it would take so much time to write out each ticket... but the ladies with the marker recommendations helped me so much. It doesn't seem as daunting now. In addition the point you made about big tippers spending lots of money to buy raffle tickets anyway makes a lot of sense. Making a ticket too cheap will just have the big tippers buy tons and tons of tickets. Was thinking 40 for 1 ticket, 140 for 5 tickets and 400 for 20 tickets. I was originally going to do every 40 tickets there is a new winner (so 1 winner if 40 tickets bought, 2 winners 80, 3 120, etc.) but now that might mess me up and leave me with 15 winners... so 3 seems like a good amount. Thanks :h:
Def dont overwhelm yourself with prizes. You want the raffle to feel like it’s worth it, and there is a chance that you won’t make more money than normal but have a new workload.
Just something to consider when choosing prizes and the number of winners.

I think my original ticket prices were close to what you are planning to make them actually. I was not expecting anyone to drop a lot of tokens on tickets, but it happened anyway. Not sure what your camscore is, but mine was in the 1500 range at the time, and I still got members buying 1000 tokens worth of tickets at a time. I think the highest was something like 1000, 2000, and then 3000 all from the same person in the same day, so many tickets. It wasn't even just the big spenders, but everyone who tipped smaller amounts for tickets...it's time that all adds up. IMHO it's best to prepare for the worst just in case a bigger spender comes along. It's not super uncommon for someone to drop 1000 tokens, and at your rates, that would wind up being like 50 tickets or so.

Idk, if your score is around that, personally I ended up changing the prices to something like 200 each, 3 for 500, 10 for 1000 or something. Models with higher camscore charge even more to prevent having to write a ton of tickets and don't do bulk deals. I've seen anywhere from 800-1500 (sometimes even more!) for models who are in the first few rows.

If 200 for a ticket seems like it would be too much, try adjusting for a base of 100 or something.

Reactions: pennybabyblue
If you cam on CB... RaffleBot
I'll also add: if you're camming on MFC, you can use a club as a means of doing a raffle. The more times a person enters the club, the heavier their "tickets" are weighed. And it's all digital.

Most models I've seen do raffles have them at odd numbers such as 111, 133 or the like per ticket. They also have different colour tickets for different prizes. For those of us members who will purchase multiple tickets at once, I've seen it where she'll do an abbreviation, or write out the full name. Can't say I've had marker colours assigned yet.

On MFC, I've seen models use MFC Share to help track how many tickets a person purchased.

Most models I've seen do raffles have them at odd numbers such as 111, 133 or the like per ticket. They also have different colour tickets for different prizes. For those of us members who will purchase multiple tickets at once, I've seen it where she'll do an abbreviation, or write out the full name. Can't say I've had marker colours assigned yet.

On MFC, I've seen models use MFC Share to help track how many tickets a person purchased.
Nice! The abbreviations and colors is awesome.

I think my original ticket prices were close to what you are planning to make them actually. I was not expecting anyone to drop a lot of tokens on tickets, but it happened anyway. Not sure what your camscore is, but mine was in the 1500 range at the time, and I still got members buying 1000 tokens worth of tickets at a time. I think the highest was something like 1000, 2000, and then 3000 all from the same person in the same day, so many tickets. It wasn't even just the big spenders, but everyone who tipped smaller amounts for tickets...it's time that all adds up. IMHO it's best to prepare for the worst just in case a bigger spender comes along. It's not super uncommon for someone to drop 1000 tokens, and at your rates, that would wind up being like 50 tickets or so.

Idk, if your score is around that, personally I ended up changing the prices to something like 200 each, 3 for 500, 10 for 1000 or something. Models with higher camscore charge even more to prevent having to write a ton of tickets and don't do bulk deals. I've seen anywhere from 800-1500 (sometimes even more!) for models who are in the first few rows.

If 200 for a ticket seems like it would be too much, try adjusting for a base of 100 or something.
Got it thanks! I used the multiples or numbers with 40 since its to celebrate 40k followers... I'm actually camming from CB so we don't have a cam score. BUT I have a feeling I'll be writing a lot of raffle tickets... pray for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.