AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Scammed by a model, unsure if I have grounds to get refunded

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Mar 13, 2024
I entered a private with a model and confirmed the show was fully nude beforehand in a PM. After the show started, the model covered herself with her hands and demanded 500 more tokens to move them. I said that was never mentioned in our discussion beforehand. She then mockingly laughed at me and told me I was greedy. I know the TOS states that tipping is done at user discretion, but this just seems wrong. I was just looking at how much I've spent on tokens over the years (a shocking amount), and I'd like to think I've earned some credibility. Nothing like this has happened over the many hundreds of privates I've had. Are there instances of users getting tokens refunded in a scenario like mine? Its incredibly frustrating and has left a terrible taste in my mouth.
I'm not sure how to open a ticket (or if it's even worth it).

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: EllaM
I have a binder full of those stories myself. Some guys will try just as hard to scam models as some models try to scam guys.

I think if these guys actually put as much effort into working as they do scamming (or trying to) models/women, they would actually be able to have money to then spend on the models, it's so dumb and I don't understand these types of guys at all.

Upvote 0
I think if these guys actually put as much effort into working as they do scamming (or trying to) models/women, they would actually be able to have money to then spend on the models, it's so dumb and I don't understand these types of guys at all.
There's one guy that I have banned a bazillion times and he keeps coming back saying he is my biggest fan, tells me how to do my hair, whether or not my makeup is to his liking....his entire tip history amounts to $4.50 over 11 years!

Upvote 0
420 tokens for the private(42 per minute for 10 minutes) plus the extra 500 tokens would get that total

21 plus 25 does not equal 90

The only thing I can think is he thought 1 token = 1 USD for some reason.
There was a guy yesterday who I had to correct because he was in SC public chat trying to argue with the model saying 1 token = 1 USD.
Weirdly after saying 1 is only 5 cents and 20 is a dollar, he replied to me saying "Correct" :facepalm: :facepalm: So he knew really but was just trying to swindle a model i think, but the model is not new or dumb so she knew, but her English is not perfect (she is the one who's learning when she can while she streams)
My original post in this thread which @NotYou replied to

"Some guys still think what they pay for tokens is what the model will get"

I am going by what the OP was posting where he assumes the model gets what it costs him to buy.

I know models only get half of that

420 + 500 = 920 which costs about $90 if you go by the usual 10 cents per token to buy

Upvote 0
My original post in this thread which @NotYou replied to

"Some guys still think what they pay for tokens is what the model will get"

I am going by what the OP was posting where he assumes the model gets what it costs him to buy.

I know models only get half of that

420 + 500 = 920 which costs about $90 if you go by the usual 10 cents per token to buy
Oh. My bad, sorry.

Upvote 0
If you're more familiar with SC, then perhaps stick to answering those threads instead of postulating what CB may or may not do with screenshots.

It EXPLICITLY states in TOS that I don't have to do a damn thing I'm tipped to do and can in fact report someone for insisting I do as told. Doesn't matter who said what or what was offered.

This user may get a one time courtesy refund of the minute requirement but nothing more.
Exactly why I no longer visit chaturbate. Too easily played by models there with no recourse as a user.

Reactions: HeadyRaven
Upvote 0
Exactly why I no longer visit chaturbate. Too easily played by models there with no recourse as a user.
Although I'm only an occasional visitor on CB, I notice that many models there have tip menus and many do shows with goals. So if you tip for something on a tip menu on CB, is it completely at the discretion of the model whether to do the action? Or if model on CB agrees to do certain things in private for some particular amount, and the member gives the requested amount, is it optional for the model to do what was agreed upon?

I can understand the argument that these are tips, not "fees" or "payments", but not keeping promises isn't a good business strategy for the long run.

It seems like the real winner in having this policy is the site, if it never has to involve itself in disputes.

Reactions: Natural9
Upvote 0
Although I'm only an occasional visitor on CB, I notice that many models there have tip menus and many do shows with goals. So if you tip for something on a tip menu on CB, is it completely at the discretion of the model whether to do the action? Or if model on CB agrees to do certain things in private for some particular amount, and the member gives the requested amount, is it optional for the model to do what was agreed upon?

I can understand the argument that these are tips, not "fees" or "payments", but not keeping promises isn't a good business strategy for the long run.

It seems like the real winner in having this policy is the site, if it never has to involve itself in disputes.

I’d imagine the reason why sites like CB make sure to have it in their TOS that anytime you spend money on their site it is seen as a gift and that they won’t force models to do any actions for tokens is because if they did force models (by withholding pay/fining/banning) to do sexual acts no matter what when they were tipped for it, it could open the sites up to potentially being prosecuted for prostitution or even sex trafficking. Any sex acts happening on a cam site should be consensual, if a model gets tipped for a specific act and doesn’t want to do it for whatever reason, but does it anyway so she doesn’t face consequences from the site, it’s not really a consensual act.

Upvote 0
i've been in situations where i agreed to do shows or vids but wasn't comfortable and ended up backing down or raising the price when they started expecting more than what was previously agreed. some understood, but most of the time i was given grief and pressure to do so. i would also always request the sites to refund the member if there was an upfront payment. i also understand why some are unable to because maybe their shitty studios are in control of that. a model in a studio cannot send a message to the site directly because order of communication.

its disgusting that members don't understand how yuck this is too. when anything sexual is happening, any party needs to pull out when they are no longer comfortable or able to continue. like when members close out of privates when the model does something that is a turn off. think about it, do you really wanna watch someone perform sexual acts for you when they feel coerced? if a model agrees to something, then backs out and is unable to chargeback that's when you should screenshot everything in writing and email support requesting a refund. the sooner you message, the easier it is to get your funds/tokens back. instead of getting upset because the transaction wasn't completed understand people have different boundaries and sometimes they don't mesh or are properly communicated.

like if the issue is the site you are using requires a min private time, the problem is the site. there are plenty of other sites that offer pay-per-minute.

Upvote 0
Ya actually can... it's called sitting in the room for a while to get their vibe, looking at reviews..... maybe even hanging around in the room a couple days to get her temperament / see how she treats tippers... her personality.... ummmm what
That's kinda dumb, you can't vet a cam model.. what is he supposed to do, ask her for reference

Upvote 0
Ya actually can... it's called sitting in the room for a while to get their vibe, looking at reviews..... maybe even hanging around in the room a couple days to get her temperament / see how she treats tippers... her personality.... ummmm what
There are no reviews on Chaturbate, all you see is a thumbs up/down, which doesn't tell you much. A model could easily ban a user before they have the opportunity to give them a thumbs down, they can hide that rating all together, or they could even ask CB to remove them.

The biggest thing you are missing though is that everything OP complained about was regarding his pvt show. If the model was indeed a scammer you would expect them to do everything right in public, but you have no idea what's going on in their pvt shows.

Upvote 0