AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Rates help

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KenzieCams

Cam Model
Jan 29, 2020
Florida
allmylinks.com
I'm trying out streamate for the first time and have no clue what I'm doing. I'm still waiting for my approval but I can access the dashboard. I see the rates page. Default privates are at $2.99. Exclusives are disabled. I tried searching here but couldn't find anything about average rates or what to change them to, if at all. And I'm assuming Privates are like MFC groups and exlusives are like True Privates on MFC. Is that right? Sorry if this has been asked a million times.

i think a good starting rate is 4.99/5.99. you can always raise them later. which i totally recommend.

and yes you are correct about privates. be sure to wait 30 seconds before you get naked or do anything too sexual. you will not get paid for the first minute. anything after 30, will show up in your earnings. its stupid as hell. people abuse all the time.

Upvote 1
i think a good starting rate is 4.99/5.99. you can always raise them later. which i totally recommend.

and yes you are correct about privates. be sure to wait 30 seconds before you get naked or do anything too sexual. you will not get paid for the first minute. anything after 30, will show up in your earnings. its stupid as hell. people abuse all the time.
Great advice. I really dislike that 30 seconds as well. The rates you suggest are good too. It also always depends as how busy or not you are, how willing you are in private, etc. I go with 5.99 for premium and 7.99 in excl. Most my pvts are excl. Higher the rate, the longer you might be in free chat though, so it depends a little bit on what you prefer as well. Different rates also, sometimes, brings different type of people to you. But never undervalue yourself either :) Needs a little of playing around in general to find what its the most suitable for you

Upvote 0
I'm trying out streamate for the first time and have no clue what I'm doing. I'm still waiting for my approval but I can access the dashboard. I see the rates page. Default privates are at $2.99. Exclusives are disabled. I tried searching here but couldn't find anything about average rates or what to change them to, if at all. And I'm assuming Privates are like MFC groups and exlusives are like True Privates on MFC. Is that right? Sorry if this has been asked a million times.
Hi,

Best is to experiment with the prices and see which ones are working for you. You can even change them a few times a day if you want and then check 'Rate Analysis' to measure which rate was most popular for you.

The girls are right, you should not settle for small prices. :)
There are a few other options that can generate revenues for you, not just the privates bring incomes. We have plenty of features and tools which can generate incomes even while offline.

Upvote 0
Yes that 30 sec thing is the stupidest possible thing, especially privates that you can't refuse (why streamate? You can accept or refuse privates on LiveJasmin, on Imlive, on each site that has the same layout as yours). Usually cheap memebrs just use it to attract attention instead of tipping. Started to ban&report any members that use it, hope it will change something.

Upvote 0
I started at $4.99/6.99 and now I’m at $7.99/9.99. Every time I raise I get an income boost, though I do have regs who make the transition easy. I know people who have success at pretty much every price range, aside from under $5 a minute.

What I would suggest is figuring out what kind of paid percentage is most comfortable for you, and try raising your rates whenever you start hitting that consistently. You may find you like higher rates and a lower paid percentage so that you don’t have to be gogogo all night. Or you may find you like keeping your rates a bit lower so that you stay busy and have limited time idling in free chat. But focusing on percentage goals and making hard rules about when to raise helps me choose the true best rate for myself. Without that, I end up keeping my rates too low and limiting my potential!

Upvote 1
Yes that 30 sec thing is the stupidest possible thing, especially privates that you can't refuse (why streamate? You can accept or refuse privates on LiveJasmin, on Imlive, on each site that has the same layout as yours). Usually cheap memebrs just use it to attract attention instead of tipping. Started to ban&report any members that use it, hope it will change something.
Actually a big portion of the users who enter the 30s are big spenders on the platform. :)
The 30s are used to make sure that from the technical point of view and billing side, the user can sustain that paid session.

Upvote 0
Actually a big portion of the users who enter the 30s are big spenders on the platform. :)
The 30s are used to make sure that from the technical point of view and billing side, the user can sustain that paid session.
I meant the users that just enter and intentionnaly leave after 30sec. Obviously those who stay after are spenders^^.

I got an user starting 3 timers the 30sec and leave all the time, just to try to get my attention withut tipping, that's annoying as hell, and make other users leave your room.

Reactions: Lilypod
Upvote 0
I meant the users that just enter and intentionnaly leave after 30sec. Obviously those who stay after are spenders^^.

I got an user starting 3 timers the 30sec and leave all the time, just to try to get my attention withut tipping, that's annoying as hell, and make other users leave your room.
That used to happen to me all the time too, but since I raised my rates to 6.99/6.99 it isn't as much anymore. Same with the 30 sec premium peepers, they are too scared to go over 30 secs and be charged a whole 6.99 (lol). I also block anyone that wastes my time like that, because they take me away from buyers in free chat, who are regs and stuff, and who were in the middle of organizing a longer show w me. It's annoying.

I used to get a lot of repeat offenders who would come use the 30 secs leave. Then return repeatedly throughout the night and do the same thing over and over. But never buy a show. That was back when I was at 4.99/5.99 though. If I were more consistently able to be on every week, I would raise a lot higher than 6.99/6.99. I only have them that low because with my health, I still can't keep a super regular, consistent schedule yet. Otherwise they'd be going up further.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

This is one of the things I couldn't stand about Streamate. You could be in the middle of talking to one of your favorite members, or trying to cater to someone's tip request, and someone else could interrupt you to take you to a private show (called 'premium') unexpectedly. No option at all to accept or deny the private. And the 30 second thing is ridiculous. They had that crap on ImLive too...except it was 20 seconds on there.

And dudes will abuse the hell out of it, which is why models should not be rushing to get naked or to start using their toy...even if the guy does tell you to immediately "Get naked, bb." Lol. You've gotta lead up to that shit. Smile and say hi. Ask him if he can see and hear you okay. Etc.

When I was on Streamate, I had this pathetic troll who thought it'd be funny to keep interrupting my public chat by starting a private session...and then end it right away. I'd return to my public chat, and he'd just do the same thing again. And he'd leave the chat so fast so that I couldn't block him in time. I had to contact Streamate about it, and they said they'd blocked him for me.

Upvote 0
This is one of the things I couldn't stand about Streamate. You could be in the middle of talking to one of your favorite members, or trying to cater to someone's tip request, and someone else could interrupt you to take you to a private show (called 'premium') unexpectedly. No option at all to accept or deny the private. And the 30 second thing is ridiculous. They had that crap on ImLive too...except it was 20 seconds on there.

And dudes will abuse the hell out of it, which is why models should not be rushing to get naked or to start using their toy...even if the guy does tell you to immediately "Get naked, bb." Lol. You've gotta lead up to that shit. Smile and say hi. Ask him if he can see and hear you okay. Etc.

When I was on Streamate, I had this pathetic troll who thought it'd be funny to keep interrupting my public chat by starting a private session...and then end it right away. I'd return to my public chat, and he'd just do the same thing again. And he'd leave the chat so fast so that I couldn't block him in time. I had to contact Streamate about it, and they said they'd blocked him for me.
It's a shame that so many abuse it. I wish there was a way they could get a system warning with support on members who never spend and abuse such features repeatedly. That way they could close their accounts. Then the high payers who don't abuse, the 30-sec feature, and waste everyone's time, would be fine. Because they put serious long show buyers off (by all these constant inappropriate interruptions), and lose us all money and fun.

Upvote 0
It's a shame that so many abuse it. I wish there was a way they could get a system warning with support on members who never spend and abuse such features repeatedly. That way they could close their accounts, and the high payers who don't abuse the 30-sec feature would be fine.

Yes. I don't think they should have that 30-second thing as a feature AT ALL though. I just think it's shitty (As if giving the models only 35% of their earnings isn't bad enough). Anytime you make it known to members that they'll get something FREE, you can expect that a lot of them will try to abuse it. I wish every single one of them would just lose track of the time and wind up accidentally staying past 30 seconds and getting charged. :giggle:

Upvote 0
Yes. I don't think they should have that 30-second thing as a feature AT ALL though. I just think it's shitty (As if giving the models only 35% of their earnings isn't bad enough). Anytime you make it known to members that they'll get something FREE, you can expect that a lot of them will try to abuse it. I wish every single one of them would just lose track of the time and wind up accidentally staying past 30 seconds and getting charged. :giggle:
When I'm in premium and they come in peeping, I watch the timer, and purposefully start getting more explicit and exciting at around 25 secs. Since I started doing that a lot of them forget and stay longer, and get charged for a minute. It's great :happy: They can't help themselves. The 30 secs is easy to control in exclusive, but in premium, I feel bad for the original show buyer who is there paying for these shenanigans. However, I do have a lot of cuckold and voyeur fans, and it gets them off to know other guys are watching too. So I do tolerate the peepers to a certain extent, if I know it's getting the original guy off more.

Anyways sorry to distract thread. The 30 sec thing can often be problematic.

Sidenote; I wish you were still on there Yummy. There are times I've come on here and seen you saying you are having a quiet night on MV, and wished so bad you were on SM , so I could clue you in jump on real quick (some nights it gets really hopping on there). Since we work similar hours, I always get bummed out if its busy on there, but I see not on MV. Because I want so bad to let you know. They are constantly working on the site, and have made a lot of improvements in the last few years.

Reactions: Trixxi_Love
Upvote 0
Sidenote; I wish you were still on there Yummy. There are times I've come on here and seen you saying you are having a quiet night on MV, and wished so bad you were on SM , so I could clue you in jump on real quick (some nights it gets really hopping on there). Since we work similar hours, I always get bummed out if its busy on there, but I see not on MV. Because I want so bad to let you know. They are constantly working on the site, and have made a lot of improvements in the last few years.

Nah, it's okay. I have a lot of reasons I don't care for that site that I don't wish to get into on here.

Upvote 0
is there anything y'all can do about the repeatable offenders? i sometimes get the same people popping in and out of my private and leaving before i can ban them. i dont like keeping the remember users who leave your chat option since i have a busy room and it clutters up my member list. and i cannot ban through their profile, only note. like maybe a timeout where they cant keep joining private after the third time? having to interrupt my private shows to ban these repeatable offenders is pretty disruptive to paying members. sometimes they will leave if i need to stop what im doing. internet broadband and technology have improved greatly. the 30 seconds made sense when the fastest internet speeds were 250 kbps. average internet speeds are 12-25mbps.

and it would be awesome if we had an accept/countdown similar to exclusive for premiums. i hate when im doing a tip request or about to and i get whisked off to premium. the member tipping probably thinks im ripping them off. sometimes they will come back after my premium show so i can fulfill their request. but most of the time they are never heard or seen again.

Upvote 0
Yes, honestly those features would all be very great

-The possibility to refuse privates
-Having a cooldown for members about how many privates they can start over 10 mins to prevent the 30sec abuse.
-And PLEASE the ability to ban/block users that aren't in your room. I don't use streamate a lotnow, but when I was using it ta lot I ended to have a notepad "ban is you see them" list of nicknames.

Upvote 0
If you get users who abuse the 30s rule, please report them. CS will take the right measures for this.

But as mentioned above, a big portion of the users who go in and out within the first 30s, are big spenders on our site. Most of them take the time to analyze the models before they actually start spending. So I would not necessary go into blocking them all, unless they do something that should not do or start abusing this rule. :)

Upvote 0
is there anything y'all can do about the repeatable offenders? i sometimes get the same people popping in and out of my private and leaving before i can ban them. i dont like keeping the remember users who leave your chat option since i have a busy room and it clutters up my member list. and i cannot ban through their profile, only note. like maybe a timeout where they cant keep joining private after the third time? having to interrupt my private shows to ban these repeatable offenders is pretty disruptive to paying members. sometimes they will leave if i need to stop what im doing. internet broadband and technology have improved greatly. the 30 seconds made sense when the fastest internet speeds were 250 kbps. average internet speeds are 12-25mbps.

and it would be awesome if we had an accept/countdown similar to exclusive for premiums. i hate when im doing a tip request or about to and i get whisked off to premium. the member tipping probably thinks im ripping them off. sometimes they will come back after my premium show so i can fulfill their request. but most of the time they are never heard or seen again.
For repeat offenders or guys who jump in - I quick click their name to get the note to pop up and don't close it, if they leave quick I put it in their note. Then if they come back and do it again, I type it in again or just block at the 2nd time they do it. I have had guys pop in and later get a real show because they liked what they saw in the few seconds they were there. I also write down usernames but the guys who make a habit of it will change usernames. If you keep the notes window open, you can get their user ID from the address at the top - next to the padlock if you scroll over and then block them using that hack that's been shared here before. I can screen shot and show if anyone needs to see what I mean.

Also - I lean into the camera and tease or say something dirty while I find their name to click on, makes guys not see what you are doing and distract from the show. I keep a second mouse on the bed if it happens when I am getting busy further away from the camera. And I NEVER show my face in pvt so guys can't screen shot me with my face in that 30 seconds. For some reason most guys don't notice I do not show my face LOL. They want my eyes, they go Exc.

Edit to add- the guys who are asses in free are the ones who are likely to abuse this rule. If someone is disrespectful in free, keep a note of it, that way you aren't blocking guys who will get a show later. Most the guys I have blocked for abusing this rule are usually beggars in free chat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If you get users who abuse the 30s rule, please report them. CS will take the right measures for this.

But as mentioned above, a big portion of the users who go in and out within the first 30s, are big spenders on our site. Most of them take the time to analyze the models before they actually start spending. So I would not necessary go into blocking them all, unless they do something that should not do or start abusing this rule. :)
Catalina, it would be greatly beneficial if a user name would show up as clickable if they spend at least 1 second in paid. Why do the names disappear? It makes our jobs harder and the abusers get away with it over and over.

Upvote 0
For repeat offenders or guys who jump in - I quick click their name to get the note to pop up and don't close it, if they leave quick I put it in their note. Then if they come back and do it again, I type it in again or just block at the 2nd time they do it. I have had guys pop in and later get a real show because they liked what they saw in the few seconds they were there. I also write down usernames but the guys who make a habit of it will change usernames. If you keep the notes window open, you can get their user ID from the address at the top - next to the padlock if you scroll over and then block them using that hack that's been shared here before. I can screen shot and show if anyone needs to see what I mean.

Also - I lean into the camera and tease or say something dirty while I find their name to click on, makes guys not see what you are doing and distract from the show. I keep a second mouse on the bed if it happens when I am getting busy further away from the camera. And I NEVER show my face in pvt so guys can't screen shot me with my face in that 30 seconds. For some reason most guys don't notice I do not show my face LOL. They want my eyes, they go Exc.

Edit to add- the guys who are asses in free are the ones who are likely to abuse this rule. If someone is disrespectful in free, keep a note of it, that way you aren't blocking guys who will get a show later. Most the guys I have blocked for abusing this rule are usually beggars in free chat.
When I'm performing I'm not near my keyboard or mouse. I would have to move away from my cam to note. So it's not the most convenient thing. It would be best if streamate would give us the option to have a section in members list who were previously in private. We do have the option to save members who left in your chat, but if you have a busy room it's hard to keep track.

Honestly it would be better if we could open their notes from the chat. Like the alerts.

Upvote 0
When I'm performing I'm not near my keyboard or mouse. I would have to move away from my cam to note. So it's not the most convenient thing. It would be best if streamate would give us the option to have a section in members list who were previously in private. We do have the option to save members who left in your chat, but if you have a busy room it's hard to keep track.

Honestly it would be better if we could open their notes from the chat. Like the alerts.
I rarely have more than 1 or 2 guys in pvt so I can't relate :(
One workaround I have for exc - I stopped accepting exclusives unless they say what they want first. During contests especially I get users clicking for exc when my room is full and then leaving right away - almost as if they are trying to clear out my busy room when people are asking about real shows. It isn't guys who are hanging in my room, it's always someone who immediately clicks the button out of nowhere.

Upvote 0
I have the exact same issue as Audri does. It’s not uncommon for me to have 3-5 in my premium show, and 1 or 2 that repeatedly come back and abuse the feature 3 or 4 times. Their names don’t show up and on a busy night I can’t remember . Plus can’t they just change their names whenever they want anyways? How are we supposed to know their account number for blocking if they are one of the ones that change their name all the time, of which there are many.

It’s not fair on the guys who aren’t abusing it to have to stop the whole show to block every time someone does. Which is very frequently. I am not talking about guys that peep once for 30 secs.

Upvote 0
I second this. It sucks that entering paid chat removes users from the past visitor list on the side. @Catalina SM
Catalina, it would be greatly beneficial if a user name would show up as clickable if they spend at least 1 second in paid. Why do the names disappear? It makes our jobs harder and the abusers get away with it over and over.

Upvote 0
Yes, at the moment things work as expected: if a user leaves the room (paid or guest) within 30s, the screen name will not be displayed. If the user spends more than 30s in the room, the screen name will remain displayed, according to the time set by each performer.

I am not sure if this is something that will be changed.

Upvote 0
Yes, at the moment things work as expected: if a user leaves the room (paid or guest) within 30s, the screen name will not be displayed. If the user spends more than 30s in the room, the screen name will remain displayed, according to the time set by each performer.

I am not sure if this is something that will be changed.
Here is another reason it really should change - I had a private last night and as the original user left, a new one joined . About 20 seconds in, another joined and the second person left, and about 25 seconds later 2 more users joined and the 3rd person left. And then it happened again! It was at least a minute of time I did NOT get paid for. And I know for a fact 2 of the guys who came in have done this 2x or more each! I could not ban them in time.

Not cool and not the first time this has happened to me.

Should I perform for free for everyone then?

Upvote 0

So what i'm gathering here is they're the "big spenders" because they pop in and out of 500 models rooms a night and 50/500 times they accidentally stay too long and get charged lol. So Streamate wins, but the 450/500 models who got played by this "big spender" lose out. Now I understand why even though every single model on there hates this feature it's not going anywhere.

We could at very least get a 10 second timer to accept or deny like Exclusive. They still get their free 30 seconds of me sitting there counting it down before I do anything at all, but we could atleast deny when we're in the middle of something or about to do a block with someone.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure about CB, but I was a model full time on MFC for a couple years (and I still go with this vibe to this day in adult film/Onlyfans)...I always charged the maximum amount available. The way I see it, if people want a private with you, they'll do it. There's only one of you! Even if it's "expensive," if they REALLY want it, they can save up and treat themselves. In my experience, lowering my rates not only felt icky to me but also attracted cheapskates!! AND the cheapskates tended to be pretty disrespectful. Again, this is just my own personal experience, but more money is always better than less money and it's COMPLETELY up to you as to what feels right and good for you to be charging. I don't even look at what other models charge because everyone is different :)

Upvote 0

in my book, any second we are exposing intimacy and "working" should be paid. There shouldn't be a 30 seconds rules to put to safety due to potential technical issues. Tech department should just work harder to make sure these things done occur. If it happens on the members connection, well its not the platform or models fault.

And we don't have time to report all these few seconds abuser, honestly, we got better things to do. Simpler to fix the problem at the source.

So there should be a simple "peek" of time allowed for X$ and then you're guys fitting the "testing" the girl for few seconds before spending for a full session can go on do their research by actually paying for all the intimate thing they get to see from models that DO NOT show for FREE. Its a matter of RESPECT to us as model that DO NOT SHOW IN FREE. And this way, they show also in our transaction list and can trace the members.

And to agree with a comment above, I mentioned that years ago. Even though exclusive is available, NO MATTER WHAT, the site should ALWAYS provide the ability for the MODEL to lock the room and not let others comes in if SHE decides she doesn't want to. It doesn't work always to tell the guy "Hey dude! You're awesome, I want to talk more, or do more, but get out of here and come back as exclusive for $2 a min (or whatever)". WE should be able to make a conscientious decision as it seems fit to keep that premium going but lock the room and not let anybody join or peek, that we make more money or not, Again, its a matter of respect for us as model, giving us the control and trust that we know what is best long time in all unique situation.

EXTRA NOTE... IT makes no sense to not be able to write ourselves to anybody that spend tips or anytime in our room. If they came in pvt, joined a pvt, if we got disconnected, if they tipped etc, we should be able to write them a "thank you" or "hey we got disconnected, sorry! " or "thank you for the fun time with all the tips for this or that". Dont you think it would entice better communication and returning customers? I never understood the fact I could never send a "thank you for the fun time in pvt with you last night" kind of message for a kind member that deserved it. That is counter-productive professionally and makes both the model and platform loose money and makes it harder for models to show appreciation and care for deserving visitors.

Upvote 0
EXTRA NOTE... IT makes no sense to not be able to write ourselves to anybody that spend tips or anytime in our room. If they came in pvt, joined a pvt, if we got disconnected, if they tipped etc, we should be able to write them a "thank you" or "hey we got disconnected, sorry! " or "thank you for the fun time with all the tips for this or that". Dont you think it would entice better communication and returning customers? I never understood the fact I could never send a "thank you for the fun time in pvt with you last night" kind of message for a kind member that deserved it. That is counter-productive professionally and makes both the model and platform loose money and makes it harder for models to show appreciation and care for deserving visitors.

SO TRUE! A consistently frustrating lack of feature. Not yet sure how to give a thumbs up! :)

Upvote 0
in my book, any second we are exposing intimacy and "working" should be paid. There shouldn't be a 30 seconds rules to put to safety due to potential technical issues. Tech department should just work harder to make sure these things done occur. If it happens on the members connection, well its not the platform or models fault.

And we don't have time to report all these few seconds abuser, honestly, we got better things to do. Simpler to fix the problem at the source.

So there should be a simple "peek" of time allowed for X$ and then you're guys fitting the "testing" the girl for few seconds before spending for a full session can go on do their research by actually paying for all the intimate thing they get to see from models that DO NOT show for FREE. Its a matter of RESPECT to us as model that DO NOT SHOW IN FREE. And this way, they show also in our transaction list and can trace the members.

And to agree with a comment above, I mentioned that years ago. Even though exclusive is available, NO MATTER WHAT, the site should ALWAYS provide the ability for the MODEL to lock the room and not let others comes in if SHE decides she doesn't want to. It doesn't work always to tell the guy "Hey dude! You're awesome, I want to talk more, or do more, but get out of here and come back as exclusive for $2 a min (or whatever)". WE should be able to make a conscientious decision as it seems fit to keep that premium going but lock the room and not let anybody join or peek, that we make more money or not, Again, its a matter of respect for us as model, giving us the control and trust that we know what is best long time in all unique situation.

At the beginning of all shows (except GOLD Shows), there is a 30 second leeway period before payment begins. If the member leaves before this 30 second period is up, they will not be charged. Once your show hits the 30 second mark, billing starts. This helps catch early technical difficulties and prevent billing issues.

This is part of the reason we are able to avoid making deductions for chargebacks etc - as we avoid them by not billing for less than 30 seconds. Charging from the first second drastically increases transaction disputes and this becomes problematic on many levels.

Additionally, we have done some research on the users who regularly use this 30 second leeway - and we have found that majority are regular and high spenders, so keep it in mind that they may be valued members just looking for the "right experience". Admittedly there are those who abuse it and we always suggest reporting these users to support as they will be handled accordingly. We are also considering different options to help avoid abuse of this functionality - but still maintain an impressively low chargeback rate.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.