AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Recording my shows

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tilly

Cam Model
Apr 10, 2012
Twitter Username
@TillyKush
MFC Username
Tilly
Streamate Username
TillyKush
Chaturbate Username
TillyKush
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000165694/tillykush/
Clips4Sale URL
http://www.clips4sale.com/store/83941/teaclips
Hi! I’m having troubles recording my own stream while broadcasting. I use a Mac. I know how to do this in OBS but I mainly want to record while I do group, pvt, and club shows which aren’t available when streaming in OBS. I looked online and found info on how to record my webcam through quicktime and VLC but for whatever reason, all my attempts have turned out to be corrupt files. So, any other suggestions? What am I doing wrong?

Hi! I’m having troubles recording my own stream while broadcasting. I use a Mac. I know how to do this in OBS but I mainly want to record while I do group, pvt, and club shows which aren’t available when streaming in OBS. I looked online and found info on how to record my webcam through quicktime and VLC but for whatever reason, all my attempts have turned out to be corrupt files. So, any other suggestions? What am I doing wrong?
Have you seen Ambers posts about using obs as virtual webcam? That should allow you to do it

Upvote 0
Have you seen Ambers posts about using obs as virtual webcam? That should allow you to do it
To my knowledge that can only be done using OBS, x split, and Windows

Upvote 0
Reactions: DJ_Pioneer
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I use camtwist. Don’t think there is a recording feature to my knowledge. Everything I found online said to use quicktime or VLC. All my files have come out corrupt and unable to open.

Upvote 0
What she's saying is you can use OBS as virtual cam on MFC (not the external broadcast HD beta connection) which allows you to do group and private. Unfortunately the resolution will be 800x600 since there's no widescreen available with the flash/webRTC connection right now, but it makes it easy to record on OBS this way (it's what I do.)

Here's the download link for the plugin for OBS - https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-virtualcam.539/

just follow the instructions there. It's super easy.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Tilly
Upvote 0
What she's saying is you can use OBS as virtual cam on MFC (not the external broadcast HD beta connection) which allows you to do group and private. Unfortunately the resolution will be 800x600 since there's no widescreen available with the flash/webRTC connection right now, but it makes it easy to record on OBS this way (it's what I do.)

Here's the download link for the plugin for OBS - https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-virtualcam.539/

just follow the instructions there. It's super easy.
As I said previously, that is only supported on windows. Says it right there on the page. I’m using a brand new MacBook Pro. There’s got to be a way for me to record my stream while I broadcast.

Upvote 0
As I said previously, that is only supported on windows. Says it right there on the page. I’m using a brand new MacBook Pro. There’s got to be a way for me to record my stream while I broadcast.
OHHH sorry totally misread what you typed. :)

Upvote 0
As I said previously, that is only supported on windows.
Just to clarify why I misread it since I got facepalmed, lol

for some reason my eyes only saw the bold part. :) I was like... butwaitaminute!

I was just trying to help, I thought you misunderstood her suggestion as sooo many people are unaware of the virtual cam plugin. I also hadn't read the page and realized it was Windows only. I hate how difficult some camming stuff is on a Mac.

Upvote 0
Just to clarify why I misread it since I got facepalmed, lol

for some reason my eyes only saw the bold part. :) I was like... butwaitaminute!

I was just trying to help, I thought you misunderstood her suggestion as sooo many people are unaware of the virtual cam plugin. I also hadn't read the page and realized it was Windows only. I hate how difficult some camming stuff is on a Mac.
No worries, I get it. Just looking for a resolution! I was aware of the other thread. I’ve even replied there about using the plug in on Mac, since it’s not available. Like I said, I can record in OBS but can’t do club/pvt/group while broadcasting in OBS so it’s not an option as far as I am aware. Open to any suggestions but yeah I’m using a Mac so my options are limited to what’s available to me. I have no idea why all my recordings on quicktime and VLC are corrupt. I have been reading on this for weeks and haven’t figured out what I am doing wrong.

Upvote 0
I use camtwist. Don’t think there is a recording feature to my knowledge. Everything I found online said to use quicktime or VLC. All my files have come out corrupt and unable to open.

Is Camtwist letting you set send your camera to the streaming app and quicktime at the same time?
So why not try sending it to your streaming app and OBS at the same time? So you could try recording in OBS.

Another option might be install Syphon, Enable Syphon in Camtiwst, install Syphon recorder.

Upvote 0
Is Camtwist letting you set send your camera to the streaming app and quicktime at the same time?
So why not try sending it to your streaming app and OBS at the same time? So you could try recording in OBS.

Another option might be install Syphon, Enable Syphon in Camtiwst, install Syphon recorder.
I downloaded Syphon, but I don't want to screen record (the quality will be pretty terrible- on my end I can only stretch my cam feed so far and it is not full 800x600). I will try some other things but so far nothing has worked the way I want it to!

Upvote 0
If you cam on MFC I know privates gets recorded and saved on the site, so you should be able to get them that way. I don't know an easy solution for group and club shows.

Edit: I just read that you don't want to screen record so that throws my idea for recording privates out of the window.

Upvote 0
If you cam on MFC I know privates gets recorded and saved on the site, so you should be able to get them that way. I don't know an easy solution for group and club shows.

Edit: I just read that you don't want to screen record so that throws my idea for recording privates out of the window.
Privates are saved on the site for members. Models do not have access to private show recordings.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Tip: Google your name, maybe there is a surprise, where your content end up! All other models should test the same! Read terms and conditions of the portal, maybe then your eyes will open! Make you aware, which risk is connected with camming, monitoring is the key word and ownership of content, be paid fair is the other side, key word payoneer and first choice bank! Be careful and good luck!

Upvote 0
Tip: Google your name, maybe there is a surprise, where your content end up! All other models should test the same! Read terms and conditions of the portal, maybe then your eyes will open! Make you aware, which risk is connected with camming, monitoring is the key word and ownership of content, be paid fair is the other side, key word payoneer and first choice bank! Be careful and good luck!
The OP of this thread is well aware what is out there. I've seen all your posts so far are on this subject, but you're new here so spend some time reading on what we've already posted about it.

Reactions: Tilly
Upvote 0
and yes, in every job there are risks, but better know them before makin mistakes or something you could not accept responsibility for.

Upvote 0
i think, this model, i met, is in danger. I cant help her, but im worried about her...
You're derailing this thread. Please create a new thread if you have an actual issue to discuss.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.