AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Recording your own shows

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Primaltime

Cam Model
Apr 23, 2018
Chaturbate Username
Primaltime
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000157112/PrimalTime/
I've seen a couple small threads on this subject but they are a bit older and I love to see where things are at now: Does anyone record all of, or some of, their shows while they perform and make them into clips to sell later? If so, what software are you using, and does it interfere in any way with the show? (I'm on Chaturbate, so that may be a factor in what program I should be using.)

• Hugs
Reactions: SMuser69
I use OBS to broadcast on chaturbate, and when i'm doing a cumshow or something interesting, I can record at the same time. Nothing gets disrupted as far as i can tell. if you need to find that video later the application just names the file as the date it was recorded.

Recording can take up allot of space. 1 hour of 1080p might be 22gb. An hour of 4k can be 42 gb. And that's just 24 fps with ok settings. High end 4k can be TB+ an hour.

I use OBS to record my stream on my website live cam and manycam (for now) on MFC. Since you are on CB and OBS works pretty great there, that is what i would suggest.

Reactions: Ned_Fusco
Recording can take up allot of space. 1 hour of 1080p might be 22gb. An hour of 4k can be 42 gb. And that's just 24 fps with ok settings. High end 4k can be TB+ an hour.

22gb or 22GB? 22 GB for 1 hour huge. You'd have to be if you're streaming at a bitrate of 50 Mbps for that. Chaturbate's recommended bitrate for 1080p is 5-10 Mbps. I stream at 8 Mbps (1080p) and record everything, which results in a file size of around 3.5 GB per hour.

For the OP, I record and stream using OBS. Edit using shotcut.

Sounds like OBS is the way to go, I'll have to learn it. Not really worried about the data space, I have a ton of that. And my plan would be to turn on the recording only during certain parts of the show, not the full span. I use the Lovense browser for my Hush, any issues with that and OBS?

Quick note for you that I learned a hard way..
Save your files in .mkv format and not .mp4 or anything else, this way if your PC/Laptop crashes, the video will still play. So if you had been streaming and recording for 2hours and it's a great show, you will have a recoverable video - where as if you use MP4, the video simply will try ask you to fix it but won't fix and can't be or it will just be a blank/black video.

So in your settings for OBS, save as .mkv. It will be larger in file size but in the end it's MUCH more worth it.

• Helpful!
Reactions: baileyhawke
Quick note for you that I learned a hard way..
Save your files in .mkv format and not .mp4 or anything else, this way if your PC/Laptop crashes, the video will still play. So if you had been streaming and recording for 2hours and it's a great show, you will have a recoverable video - where as if you use MP4, the video simply will try ask you to fix it but won't fix and can't be or it will just be a blank/black video.

So in your settings for OBS, save as .mkv. It will be larger in file size but in the end it's MUCH more worth it.

Got it, thanks so much for saving me from possible disaster!

Status
Not open for further replies.