AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Region/country block

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 8, 2022
How reliable is the region/country block on Chaturbate? I've dipped my toes into broadcasting and one of my first visitors claimed to live only a couple hours from me even though I've set CB to block my entire country. I am almost positive he wasn't on a VPN. He might have been pretending to be from the area, but he seemed familiar in a way that didn't seem like someone just googling facts. Is it just that the blocking is kind of shitty and there's holes in it?

Solution
How reliable is the region/country block on Chaturbate? I've dipped my toes into broadcasting and one of my first visitors claimed to live only a couple hours from me even though I've set CB to block my entire country. I am almost positive he wasn't on a VPN. He might have been pretending to be from the area, but he seemed familiar in a way that didn't seem like someone just googling facts. Is it just that the blocking is kind of shitty and there's holes in it?
As reliable as location by IP can be which is pretty good for land connections but not so great for many mobile carriers.
Welcome back! As a user, it hasn't seemed shitty to me. I often see a message saying my region was blocked when I try to visit models for the first time.

• Hugs
Reactions: inertvolcano
Upvote 0
I've seen the same thing so I'm wondering how this happened. I mean, I accept that with things like this there are always ways around them like VPN, but I'm not sure how a 65 year old man on hotel wifi a hundred miles away from me would get around it. So I wondered if it's just not as comprehensive as you'd think.

Reactions: Lou_King_
Upvote 0
I think I'm missing something 🤔. You blocked your own region, right? Now, the 65 year-old man lives close to you, but is now vacationing at some place far away, right? So, when he uses the hotel's WiFi, isn't that a totally different IP address, and from a region you didn't block?

...or what am I missing❓

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry for being unclear. 😅

I blocked the USA. I live in the USA. He was on vacation near me in the USA, so he should have been blocked, right?

Upvote 0
As reliable as location by IP can be which is pretty good for land connections but not so great for many mobile carriers.

• Helpful!
Upvote 1
Solution
And, as you mentioned, there is the possibility that he used a VPN. What makes you think he didn't, the fact that he's 65?

I'm not sure if they can help, but have you taken this to CB support?

Upvote 0
And, as you mentioned, there is the possibility that he used a VPN. What makes you think he didn't, the fact that he's 65?

I'm not sure if they can help, but have you taken this to CB support?

Yes, he was older, didn't have a tech background, and didn't know what a VPN was when I brought it up. I did gently probe the topic because I was trying to figure out what happened.

I didn't ask CB Support because there are a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum, but I was going to if nobody here had an answer.

Reactions: Lou_King_
Upvote 0
I'm not sure, but it sounds like if I want to keep camming I have to accept that more than the occasional tech-savvy VPN user will find their way into my room.

Upvote 0
I gave up on stripchat because I avoid Brazilians like the plague and in my room they'd just keep coming and coming, while very few foreigners entered. My country is blocked and I set my profile not to show my nationality and it won't work. Their traffic is clearly redirected according to your area (if anyone can confirm that!).

They show up quite often on cb too, even though the region is blocked. I don't care that much but it sucks.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.