AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Remaining anonymous pros and cons

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StormiAnderson

Cam Model
Jan 12, 2020
Canada
MFC Username
Sassy_Stormi
Hey! I am about to start camming. I have a good full time job and this is something I’d like to do on the side for some extra spending money.

I have been considering the pros and cons of showing my face vs. not. I think I would like to remain anonymous - I have an amazing body if I don’t say so myself and I think I will be able to use cute lacey masks and such and match them to my lingerie to stay cute and still show my hair, lips, etc.

However, I know a big part of camming can be building that connection with your regulars and I know covering parts of my face will lose some of that personal touch.

Can I get everyone’s thoughts - positive and negative, advice, and maybe even suggestions on cute masks and where to buy?

Thank you in advance and I’m looking forward to being apart of this community.

Reactions: MarieElise
The biggest pro, of course, is being able to keep some level of anonymity. The potential downsides and how, or if, they will even affect you is hard to predict. It works for some people, and it doesn't work for others, so at the end of the day you will only really know if you try it. Worse case you just make the switch to showing your face if the mask doesn't work out. Etsy has plenty of mask of various price ranges from what I remember.

Con: You will likely have to do explicit stuff. Being successful at softcore while being anonymous might work, but that's highly unlikely imo.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
Idk overall, because I have never tried disguise/ not showing part of face, other than wigs and extra makeup at the very, very beginning. However, I did want to tell you that there are quite a number of people with mask fetishes. I found this out the other month, by chatting with a guy on MV about it. I made a clip for c4s to test the waters, and lo and behold, it sold pretty well. So if you decide to do it, it may also be worth your time, advertising on mask fetish forums, and making a few brief mask fetish clips, to let those guys know that you are out there, and that you do live mask shows. There are more guys into that, than I had anticipated. However, I also want to temper that info, by saying that the mask fetish stuff I did, was all covering the lower half of my face, not top half. I get a lot of live cam customers from posting fetish clips on c4s, and those fetish shows are often really fun, kinky, and less physically intensive, in general, while paying just as well (if not better at times).

Last edited:
Faceless isn't popular on big cam sites -- MFC, CB, SM, etc. On several, it's flat out not allowed -- something, something, must be able to verify that the model on record is the same one preforming. Your income will be way, way lower than any full face models.

Only place I've seen success without showing face is Reddit, if only because it's somewhat common place.

Additionally, not to put too fine a point on it, but lemme quote Green Lantern a la Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively:

Green Lantern - How did you know it was me?
Carol Ferris - What do you mean? I've known you my whole life! I've seen you naked! You don't think I would recognize you because I can't see your cheekbones?

Which is to say, your face isn't the only way for folks to recognize you online. Anonymity and camming are pretty well mutually exclusive.

Some people do well without showing face on cam. There are 2 specific people I'm thinking of on Chaturbate who never show (their face is always just barely out of the shot) and they are often on the front page. I haven't seen much mask use on Chaturbate so perhaps you will fulfill a niche on there.

The most important thing is that you do things you are comfortable doing and don't ever do anything that you don't want to do. Additionally, even if you don't show your face, do recognize that there is still a chance that someone may recognize you whether it's via your voice, body, or some other characteristic. While not showing your face offers a bit of protection, don't let it lull you into thinking that you will never be found out.

Faceless isn't popular on big cam sites -- MFC, CB, SM, etc. On several, it's flat out not allowed -- something, something, must be able to verify that the model on record is the same one preforming. Your income will be way, way lower than any full face models.

Only place I've seen success without showing face is Reddit, if only because it's somewhat common place.

Additionally, not to put too fine a point on it, but lemme quote Green Lantern a la Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively:

Green Lantern - How did you know it was me?
Carol Ferris - What do you mean? I've known you my whole life! I've seen you naked! You don't think I would recognize you because I can't see your cheekbones?

Which is to say, your face isn't the only way for folks to recognize you online. Anonymity and camming are pretty well mutually exclusive.

I'll tack this on like I do every time it's been brought up - I've been recognized because of my ass before. Hiding your face doesn't stop people from recognizing you if you have any other features that are distinctive.

Reactions: veggiebabyy
Semi-related interesting fact, how recognizable someone is wearing a mask varies widely by person. Some people, like Bill Clinton are recognizable 100% of the time when his eyes/nose/mouth are covered, whereas Jennifer Lopez aprrox. 14% of the time.

Thanks everyone. I’m trying to *like* your replies but I can’t figure out how. Haha.

I’m okay with the risk of being recognized. It wouldn’t change my life drastically. I think I just have this level of comfort in feeling like I could deny it if and when a video got leaked. And who knows, in time, if I become really comfortable, I might even ditch the mask eventually.

I will definitely put in the extra effort in order to potentially maintain the same level of popularity as models who do show their whole face. And thank you for mentioning the niche thing!

I was thinking of starting on Camversity (lower traffic) until I feel confident to explore other sites. Almost like a practice run. Haha. Chaturbate is definitely one I have checked out, as well as MCF.

I’m about to hop on Etsy and see what they have.

Thank you all again!

Status
Not open for further replies.