AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Wearing masks

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

racy_stacey

Banhammered
Sep 21, 2023
I found some mask discussions but they were closed. Lots of "can I wear a mask here or there?"
Can someone please summarize the pros and cons of wearing masks or being a headless model vs showing my face? Thanks!

I can only share what I know about Chaturbate's policy on this.

If you wear a mask or don't show your face on cam, you could be asked to stop doing whatever you are doing in the moment, take a selfie holding up a specific number of fingers to verify it is in fact you and not some doppelganger you hired to cam for you and send it to a very specific link they give you.

It happens without warning, you only have a few moments to comply and non-compliance can result in a temporary or permanent ban from the site.

If you wear a mask or don't show your face on cam, you could be asked to stop doing whatever you are doing in the moment, take a selfie holding up a specific number of fingers to verify it is in fact you and not some doppelganger you hired to cam for you and send it to a very specific link they give you.

It happens without warning, you only have a few moments to comply and non-compliance can result in a temporary or permanent ban from the site.
Well that's a small con. Why do models hide their faces to begin with? Is it just the obvious "being recognized" or something more than that?

From my point of view;
There is always the privacy aspect of course, that people do not really know how you look, this is a personal choice if this is important to you, or maybe just appealing

Then of course there's the option to monetize from it, by having it being an "exclusive extra" people can tip for in privates maybe, that you take off your mask and reveal your face, or maybe in the future make it a big goal.

There are also the cons of it, as I see there's what Vixxen81 also mentions that in CB you can be asked to stop what you are doing, to proof it's really you that's streaming, with no real warning before it happens
and then of course some people just do not like visiting rooms, where do can't see how the girl actually looks.

I think that's what I can think of at the top of my head, there might be more, both pros and cons of course. I never tried faceless camming myself, so it's also rough giving exact predictions to it I guess :)

Reactions: Pommster
From my point of view;
There is always the privacy aspect of course, that people do not really know how you look, this is a personal choice if this is important to you, or maybe just appealing

Then of course there's the option to monetize from it, by having it being an "exclusive extra" people can tip for in privates maybe, that you take off your mask and reveal your face, or maybe in the future make it a big goal.

There are also the cons of it, as I see there's what Vixxen81 also mentions that in CB you can be asked to stop what you are doing, to proof it's really you that's streaming, with no real warning before it happens
and then of course some people just do not like visiting rooms, where do can't see how the girl actually looks.

I think that's what I can think of at the top of my head, there might be more, both pros and cons of course. I never tried faceless camming myself, so it's also rough giving exact predictions to it I guess :)
Thanks. I think the first part is what I was aiming for. But are you describing privacy as in safety/security, or just "I don't like how I look"

I'm wondering what can be done with an image of my face, which anyone could screenshot while I'm online (if I ever do this, that is)

Thanks. I think the first part is what I was aiming for. But are you describing privacy as in safety/security, or just "I don't like how I look"

I'm wondering what can be done with an image of my face, which anyone could screenshot while I'm online (if I ever do this, that is)
I definetly meant safety/security, some people really do not like their face connected to anything in the adult industry (Which I think is fine, it's a personal choice) - and this is a way to help with it :)

Well that's a small con. Why do models hide their faces to begin with? Is it just the obvious "being recognized" or something more than that?
Susanna Gibson

"Gibson had an account on Chaturbate, a legal website where viewers can watch live webcam performances that feature nudity and sexual activity, according to the screenshots reviewed by the AP. The videos show GIbson and her husband, John David Gibson, having sex and at times looking into the camera and asking viewers for donations in the form of “tokens” or “tips” to watch a private show."

And she would have gotten away with it except for that blasted site that records every single show and posts them illegally.

Reactions: Hiunds and Wuggie
I don't have time to read this whole thread right now. But wanted to pop in and say there's a model on SM who's been top row recently and wears a mask. Not sure if this person is a new model, and top row will change. But I noticed it, and thought it was cool.

Masks won't keep you from being recognized though, but that's probably already been said. I know it has, several times in other threads here on this forum.
I don't have the time, knowledge or desire to do any summaries for a stranger. But this piece of info is at least helpful.

I don't think anyone is going to spell out what can be done with an image of your face for you, because that will then obviously help out trolls to actually do this. And as models I don't think we want to be holding people's hands and helping them figure out how to harm and dox us.

I suggest getting verified as a model, and then this discussion could be continued outside of public eyes.

To add to the note about the fear of being recognized its not just like "will i be recognized live" its also facial recognition software. Streams are almost always recorded and placed online, and we know that facial recognition stuff is getting smarter and smarter. Long term, once your face is out there it is out there and there's every reason to suspect that in future this stuff could get even more invasive.

There's more I can share but I don't want to share it on a public forum. But you should know there already exist ways that people can literally put in a screenshot of your face and have it match to ANYWHERE else your face might be posted online (like old news stories, wedding pics other people post with you in them etc etc)

Susanna Gibson

"Gibson had an account on Chaturbate, a legal website where viewers can watch live webcam performances that feature nudity and sexual activity, according to the screenshots reviewed by the AP. The videos show GIbson and her husband, John David Gibson, having sex and at times looking into the camera and asking viewers for donations in the form of “tokens” or “tips” to watch a private show."

And she would have gotten away with it except for that blasted site that records every single show and posts them illegally.
Ye i found my illegal recorded shows today! Really mad plus cb scammed me, my funds r stuck in acc forever, cb support never replied

Wow... I'm officially scared now... illegal recorded shows, facial recognition, and trolls reading this forum to learn how to find my online pics. I'm really glad I came here, and really grateful for all the info.

I don't have time to read this whole thread right now. But wanted to pop in and say there's a model on SM who's been top row recently and wears a mask. Not sure if this person is a new model, and top row will change. But I noticed it, and thought it was cool.

Masks won't keep you from being recognized though, but that's probably already been said. I know it has, several times in other threads here on this forum.
I don't have the time, knowledge or desire to do any summaries for a stranger. But this piece of info is at least helpful.

I don't think anyone is going to spell out what can be done with an image of your face for you, because that will then obviously help out trolls to actually do this. And as models I don't think we want to be holding people's hands and helping them figure out how to harm and dox us.

I suggest getting verified as a model, and then this discussion could be continued outside of public eyes.
Based on all I just read, I'm not in a rush to move forward. I need to learn more about all the dangers here, I was reading about Amazon wishlists in another thread, sounds like that's another way to get hurt.

This is going to take longer than I thought. But can you help me understand how this "could be continued outside of public eyes" once I'm verified? Do you mean here in this forum somewhere, or on the site where I get verified?

Based on all I just read, I'm not in a rush to move forward. I need to learn more about all the dangers here, I was reading about Amazon wishlists in another thread, sounds like that's another way to get hurt.

This is going to take longer than I thought. But can you help me understand how this "could be continued outside of public eyes" once I'm verified? Do you mean here in this forum somewhere, or on the site where I get verified?
Once you get verified as a cam model there is a private part of the forum where only verified models can talk and read. So many of us are more open to talk about certain subjects back there. Just like there are probably lots of cool people lurking the public part of this forum, there are probably also some deranged haters too.

Unfortunately. It sucks people have to be so negative, but I guess it is what it is. When you click on anyone who’s talking here’s profile and see the purple bar that says “cam model” you know they are really a cam model talking.

Anyone else could be anything here. Including trolls and haters. People pretending to be something they are not to harrass others, stir shit, or also jerk off and freeload to attention. Lots of people hate sex workers. Some people have resentment and issues where they hate all women.

You can get verified on the models only area of the forum but this is only for active models. You’re welcome to DM me here I can share a little more.

starting adult work isn’t all scary or bad BUT I was vastly unprepared for the stigma, the financial, institutional , medical and other forms of discrimination I would face AND I really had no clue about facial recognition etc.

It’s a decision you should move slowly in because it’s not one you can take back. I’m glad you’re doing due diligence

you should always be vary of what you put online imo :) be it on adult sites or not, of course there's a lot more to consider when it is something on an adult site, so getting into the model only side of this forum could be a great help also :) but it's a great idea to never rush into it!

yes sadly public shows gets recorded automatically (the way I understood how it works is people pay to be part of a site, where they can watch these videos, but also request girls public streams get recorded automatically) it's disgusting but sadly the reality, there are also some that seem to record the private shows (even when the recording feature is turned off) and share this with others on other sites! so the saying of "If you put it out there on the internet, it's there forever" also counts for camming, it should not be like this, but sadly it is.. people are degenerates that can't see how much this can hurt people working with this.. in multiple ways. I feel it's good to know this is happening, and having it as a consideration for how you want to continue with going into all of this :)

It’s a decision you should move slowly in because it’s not one you can take back. I’m glad you’re doing due diligence
Yes, I see that. Thanks,

you should always be vary of what you put online imo :) be it on adult sites or not, of course there's a lot more to consider when it is something on an adult site, so getting into the model only side of this forum could be a great help also :) but it's a great idea to never rush into it!

I feel it's good to know this is happening, and having it as a consideration for how you want to continue with going into all of this :)
I assume you meant "be wary"
Thanks for the info.

I've learned quite a bit.

The time limit is 5 minutes. I have a 2nd old laptop logged in (just off screen) with the compliance page loaded up in a tab and I just refresh and get my mask off and get the number of fingers up and done.

The first few times it is pretty annoying, the better prepared you are and the more you have done it the less annoying it gets. It is still pretty annoying though.

And, yes hiding identity while broadcasting.

The time limit is 5 minutes. I have a 2nd old laptop logged in (just off screen) with the compliance page loaded up in a tab and I just refresh and get my mask off and get the number of fingers up and done.

The first few times it is pretty annoying, the better prepared you are and the more you have done it the less annoying it gets. It is still pretty annoying though.

And, yes hiding identity while broadcasting.
Thanks for commenting! I wasn't sure about the exact length of time. 5 Minutes seems long enough if you see the pop up immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.