AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Renting spaces to film/cam?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hello!
I'm brand spanking new to the industry. I'm in college and still living at home. Clip selling seemed like a natural transition for me. I've only been doing it a few weeks and I love it. My problem is, though, that my parents found out and have threatened to stop funding my education if I continue using our house to film and such. (The implication that they're punishing me for making a choice about my own body and business is another issue for a different thread, I guess.) I'm very fortunate to have a scholarship that covers about half of my tuition costs, but my loans only cover another quarter of the costs and my family and I cover the rest. I only make like $6k per year at my part-time vanilla job and I want to put as much of that away as I can. If they pulled out I would be several thousand dollars short for a semester and I'm not about to dip into my savings or risk getting kicked out of school. SO, anyway, I can't film at my place anymore, but I definitely don't want to quit. I enjoy it too much and am too invested in it to give up now. I'd like to know if you guys have similar issues and how you get around them. I'm anticipating renting a room every so often and filming a butt load (hah) of content at once. Is that a thing other models do? If so please share your experiences. Hotel rooms? Storage units? Other cam girls' places? D

Some models do rent and film in hotel rooms, yes. If you do this, make sure to bring extra lighting, because the available lighting in a hotel is usually less than desirable for filming.

Also check out sites that are similar to Air BnB. Don't use Air BnB themselves, they've been shutting down model accounts and refusing to let us use their service. An alternative is Vacation Rentals, HomeAway is another. Make sure you are renting the whole house, not just a room, so you'll have privacy and a whole place to film in, which gives you more options to film.

Some models do rent and film in hotel rooms, yes. If you do this, make sure to bring extra lighting, because the available lighting in a hotel is usually less than desirable for filming.

Also check out sites that are similar to Air BnB. Don't use Air BnB themselves, they've been shutting down model accounts and refusing to let us use their service. An alternative is Vacation Rentals, HomeAway is another. Make sure you are renting the whole house, not just a room, so you'll have privacy and a whole place to film in, which gives you more options to film.

Just to add to what Saffron said, Innclusive is another great one, and has specifically said on twitter that sex workers are 100% fine with them. Anything goes so long as we aren't breaking any laws (and camming is legal)! :)

Seconding the "bring extra lights." Also be aware that hotel wifi, even when you pay for the premium wifi, is notoriously terrible. It's important to bring a hotspot or two if you intend to do any live camming.

Good luck!

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
Not that I have a choice but I had to rent out a very very small place just to work, it turns out to be better. away from home closer to school etc. ofcourse the cost has to come out hence working on a regular base is a most.I had alot of offers to take care of my rent etc, but I do not need the headache of following someone rule when I know I can take care of my own.
_pilya_

Just to add to what Saffron said, Innclusive is another great one, and has specifically said on twitter that sex workers are 100% fine with them. Anything goes so long as we aren't breaking any laws (and camming is legal)! :)

Seconding the "bring extra lights." Also be aware that hotel wifi, even when you pay for the premium wifi, is notoriously terrible. It's important to bring a hotspot or two if you intend to do any live camming.

Good luck!

Well, shit, I didn't even think about the hotel wifi! It does tend to suck, doesn't it? hah, ugh. I've never used my own "hotspot" or anything...never needed to... Thanks, Lorelei :cat: I'll check out Innclusive.

Reactions: Lorelei

Thanks for the advice! It's been fairly clear since I entered the industry that I have to stay away from Paypal, Google Wallet, and AirBnB. :grr: One of my biggest concerns is budgeting and being able to afford renting regularly. I have maybe $2.5k to my name and don't want to drop below 2 grand, and I've been selling clips for so little time I've only earned $30 and haven't gotten anywhere near payout. So I don't think I can afford to rent a whole house just yet. I'd never considered that though, thanks!

Thanks for the advice! It's been fairly clear since I entered the industry that I have to stay away from Paypal, Google Wallet, and AirBnB. :grr: One of my biggest concerns is budgeting and being able to afford renting regularly. I have maybe $2.5k to my name and don't want to drop below 2 grand, and I've been selling clips for so little time I've only earned $30 and haven't gotten anywhere near payout. So I don't think I can afford to rent a whole house just yet. I'd never considered that though, thanks!

I think I may have come across a little confusing. I was referring to when using sites where you rent other people's homes (Vacation rentals, Innclusive, etc) - you have an option to look at places where you're renting the entire house/apartment, or just stay in a room with the person who is renting out their space. You'll want to select the first option for privacy's sake.

Not that I have a choice but I had to rent out a very very small place just to work, it turns out to be better. away from home closer to school etc. ofcourse the cost has to come out hence working on a regular base is a most.I had alot of offers to take care of my rent etc, but I do not need the headache of following someone rule when I know I can take care of my own.
_pilya_

That's pretty cool actually, how long had you been in the industry before you rented the place? I go to school full time and have a part-time vanilla job so I can't film nearly as much as I'd like to, anyway. I've been doing this less than a month so I think it'll take me a bit to save up to actually rent a place for myself.

I think I may have come across a little confusing. I was referring to when using sites where you rent other people's homes (Vacation rentals, Innclusive, etc) - you have an option to look at places where you're renting the entire house/apartment, or just stay in a room with the person who is renting out their space. You'll want to select the first option for privacy's sake.
That sounds pricey.

That sounds pricey.

It's often not much more per day than a hotel room, at least in my area. Just renting a single bedroom from people who will be there while you are, will make it difficult to film.

I'll use my city, Des Moines, as an illustration. Say I want to film in the Marriott - it's a fairly nice hotel, my clips should look decent.

Screenshot_20171011-164104.png

Hmmm, what about Vacation Rentals? I can literally rent a whole house for a day for less than staying at the Marriott!

Screenshot_20171011-164519.png

On the other hand, some places are a little pricier, but not outrageous. I would probably pay around the same price for a suite in a hotel:

Screenshot_20171011-164841.png

And if I check HomeAway, I see the same places and prices as Vacation Rentals.

Innclusive has no options in my area, so I can't compare it to the others.

I'll also add that I didn't actually see the option to just rent a room on these sites, it defaults to the entire house. I may have been confused from before Airbnb was a problem and I would browse them.

Last edited:
That's pretty cool actually, how long had you been in the industry before you rented the place? I go to school full time and have a part-time vanilla job so I can't film nearly as much as I'd like to, anyway. I've been doing this less than a month so I think it'll take me a bit to save up to actually rent a place for myself.

I made alot of sacrifices starting up, In 3 months I was able to save for my own lap top, and enough to put a month's down and rent a very small place (studio type, 8' x 15' ) which i can afford only a month to month rent. This sacrifice gave me some independence working my own time, while i take care of my family needs, and gave me much privacy I needed. Definitely a different way of life, but I love chatting with my guests and being wacky as I have a crazy sense of humor.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.