AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2020
Hi all!

My name is Anna and I'm currently working on a research project about streaming. I've seen a couple of posts asking for help with this sort of thing so I hope it's okay!

I work in social research and myself and the rest of my project team are really interested in the community aspect of live streaming, from gamers to cam models. We're hoping to get to know more about the experiences of streamers and their fans. To do this properly we want to talk to some cam models to understand their perspective.

We are hoping to speak to people over the phone / video chat and would pay people for their time.

I'm posting here to get some advice on how to go about finding people to take part? I'm sure cam models get a lot of messages and will be quite careful about what they respond to.

Also, would any cam models here be interested in talking to me?

Thanks in advance!

two questions 1: anna, who are you? 2: most cammodels are looking to not get outed, so where is this research/project going to end up?

two questions 1: anna, who are you? 2: most cammodels are looking to not get outed, so where is this research/project going to end up?
Probably should have said - anyone we talk to will remain anonymous, we'll use pseudonyms.

I work for a social research agency called Revealing Reality in the UK. It's an internal project that we'll publish ourselves. We've done some past research with gaming streamers and saw how people were forming relationships and building communities. We want to explore this more and see how this applies to other types of streaming too.

Probably should have said - anyone we talk to will remain anonymous, we'll use pseudonyms.

I work for a social research agency called Revealing Reality in the UK. It's an internal project that we'll publish ourselves. We've done some past research with gaming streamers and saw how people were forming relationships and building communities. We want to explore this more and see how this applies to other types of streaming too.

You have any links to this previous project?

Hi all!

My name is Anna and I'm currently working on a research project about streaming. I've seen a couple of posts asking for help with this sort of thing so I hope it's okay!

I work in social research and myself and the rest of my project team are really interested in the community aspect of live streaming, from gamers to cam models. We're hoping to get to know more about the experiences of streamers and their fans. To do this properly we want to talk to some cam models to understand their perspective.

We are hoping to speak to people over the phone / video chat and would pay people for their time.

I'm posting here to get some advice on how to go about finding people to take part? I'm sure cam models get a lot of messages and will be quite careful about what they respond to.

Also, would any cam models here be interested in talking to me?

Thanks in advance!
I guess it would depend on rate. Some of us average quite high hourly rates on cam, so it seems it would be helpful to have more specific information regarding financial compensation, and time required. Thanks.

I would potentially be interested depending on rate, and time involved. However, when I was a research assistance in college, I remember we paid people like $20 for an hour of their time. That is not something which I would consider i.e. such a low rate.

If only there was an obvious way to compensate cam models who talk to people on the internet for money for their time. And how would you find them even? Researchers love this shit because it's sex and everyone, academics included, loves everything about sex. They just don't wanna pay the same as everyone else who loves sex. It's not like one more research project on cam models is going to make for a better world.

First and foremost I think you need to have all the necessary information somewhere, be it a website, a video, or a detailed forum post outlined what's to be expected in this study, what the expected pay would be like, etc. Included in that there needs to be some kind of introduction to you and your team, explaining who you are and for what institution/group or whatever you guys are affiliated with. I think the only way you will get some of the more private models to participate is if there is full transparency on who you guys are.

As for how to recruit people, you might find success working with a few more well known models who have an interest in your project and would be willing to post about it on their various social media accounts.

Also, model rates vary greatly between live audio vs video chat & every model has their own rates.

ExtraLunchMoney's request forum would be better suited to find willing models & details may also be discussed with each model in private messages.

Although, I feel simply getting message/text responses to your questions would suffice for research which could be offered at even lower rates!

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I guess it would depend on rate. Some of us average quite high hourly rates on cam, so it seems it would be helpful to have more specific information regarding financial compensation, and time required. Thanks.

I would potentially be interested depending on rate, and time involved. However, when I was a research assistance in college, I remember we paid people like $20 for an hour of their time. That is not something which I would consider i.e. such a low rate.

Thanks for your reply :) We'd give you around £50 ($60ish) as a thank you for your time, to chat to us for around an hour over the phone or video call, whatever would be better for you. I recognise this might not meet your usual rates. This isn't a commercial piece of work, it's for social interest / benefit and will be used responsibly. We want to illustrate the changes that are happening in the way people are interacting and seeking connections. Society is getting more disconnected, and watching streamers, whether it's doing online fitness with a peloton trainer, gaming streams or cam models, seems to be a way people combat this.

If you want to take a look at our website at the type of work we do here's a link: https://www.revealingreality.co.uk/

Let me know if you're still interested and I can provide an email address to get more details. If not, thanks anyway!

Also, model rates vary greatly between live audio vs video chat & every model has their own rates.

ExtraLunchMoney's request forum would be better suited to find willing models & details may also be discussed with each model in private messages.

Although, I feel simply getting message/text responses to your questions would suffice for research which could be offered at even lower rates!
Thank you - useful to know!

As I mentioned above this is an internal piece of research we're funding ourselves.

We've done this a couple of times before, once on news consumption behaviours around the recent UK general elections and another on the impact of smartphone use.

We'll publish it on our website and social media and will send it to individuals/ organisations we know who might be interested in the findings.

As I mentioned above this is an internal piece of research we're funding ourselves.

We've done this a couple of times before, once on news consumption behaviours around the recent UK general elections and another on the impact of smartphone use.

We'll publish it on our website and social media and will send it to individuals/ organisations we know who might be interested in the findings.

Ah well, then. I suppose we all have to keep busy while there's no money coming in. Cheerio.

Status
Not open for further replies.