AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Scammed via Paypal

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't use Paypal.

You can find lots of resources on the forum about how it's pretty much a big no-no in the industry and you can find better options like simply using tokens or Amazon giftcards.

PayPal is not sex worker friendly. Neither is Google Wallet or Square Cash or Circle Pay. Some people use some of the latter successfully, but a lot of women have had their accounts closed down and had to forfeit the money.

If you offer Skype shows, either take site payment for them or get listed on a Skype show site like cammodeldirectory where guys pay the site and book you.

isn't there some sort of blacklist already of skype/paypal scammers? If not: there should be.. for models eyes only of course ;)

There might be a blacklist floating around Tumblr or perhaps other forums, but there is no blacklist on ACF and there won't ever be one. It's a no-no around here because the called-out members cannot defend themselves or give their side of the story which is pretty unfair. Instead of a list of people who scam, we try to teach people how to spot scammers and protect themselves and NEVER EVER EVER use Paypal. ^_^

PayPal is not sex worker friendly. Neither is Google Wallet or Square Cash or Circle Pay. Some people use some of the latter successfully, but a lot of women have had their accounts closed down and had to forfeit the money.

If you offer Skype shows, either take site payment for them or get listed on a Skype show site like cammodeldirectory where guys pay the site and book you.

Why isn't Square as notorious as PayPal ?

There might be a blacklist floating around Tumblr or perhaps other forums, but there is no blacklist on ACF and there won't ever be one. It's a no-no around here because the called-out members cannot defend themselves or give their side of the story which is pretty unfair. Instead of a list of people who scam, we try to teach people how to spot scammers and protect themselves and NEVER EVER EVER use Paypal. ^_^

Oh I would love to see a douchebag try to defend himself: "yeah, I bought a 10 minute show for $5 but after 15 minutes, she still hadn't had an orgasm, and she didn't do anal, so you see: My hands were tied. I had to retract that money"

Seriously: the kind of scammers who do this wouldn't even dare to visit this forum..

• Funny!
Reactions: JickyJuly
Why isn't Square as notorious as PayPal ?
Square isn't as easy to cancel payments, they ban less often, and they usually (at least before), and the money goes directly to your bank account/card unlike Paypal so it's less likely to have money confiscated. Oh and it was way harder to get personal info from Square. Basically it was easy to use and worth the risk for a while for some of us. Now that they're changing stuff around, not so much.

Square isn't as easy to cancel payments, they ban less often, and they usually (at least before), and the money goes directly to your bank account/card unlike Paypal so it's less likely to have money confiscated. Oh and it was way harder to get personal info from Square. Basically it was easy to use and worth the risk for a while for some of us. Now that they're changing stuff around, not so much.
One adult friendly alternative to Square Cash is Dwolla. https://www.dwolla.com/

Oh I would love to see a douchebag try to defend himself: "yeah, I bought a 10 minute show for $5 but after 15 minutes, she still hadn't had an orgasm, and she didn't do anal, so you see: My hands were tied. I had to retract that money"

Seriously: the kind of scammers who do this wouldn't even dare to visit this forum..

NOT saying this is the case here, just playing devil's advocate. I personally have had privates (multiple) in the past where I should have tried for a refund too. It's not just members. When you agree on what the 15 minute session will entail beforehand and then the model decides to change it and take 14 minute to get her clothes off just to try to get more money out of you...yeah, scamming goes both ways. So not all people who get the refunds are the bad guys.

Again, not referring to this case at all. Just saying I see where there's two sides to the story sometimes. So it's probably a good thing creating a 'scammer list' isn't allowed here.

Reactions: justjoinedtopost
Re: Blacklists / scammers—another reason they're a terrible idea, even if they're behind closed doors, is that there are dudes who get off on being on those lists. If they know the list exists, they'll do their damnedest to make sure they're on it. They want troll fame, of a sort. It's a trophy for "winning" the scam-a-camgirl "game."

Seriously though. Onsite payment or a service like DeliveryCode are pretty much the only ways to go. You're never going to avoid processing fees, and trying to find payment loopholes will eventually bite you in the ass. Sure, you *can* try to use other payment processors, but most likely you'll eventually get shut down and you may lose money in the process.

On a less technical note, OP, I'm sorry you got scammed. It's a really shitty feeling. Just know that it's happened to almost every camgirl, and once it's happened to you you'll likely never fall for a scam ever again.

Re: Blacklists / scammers—another reason they're a terrible idea, even if they're behind closed doors, is that there are dudes who get off on being on those lists. If they know the list exists, they'll do their damnedest to make sure they're on it. They want troll fame, of a sort. It's a trophy for "winning" the scam-a-camgirl "game."

Seriously though. Onsite payment or a service like DeliveryCode are pretty much the only ways to go. You're never going to avoid processing fees, and trying to find payment loopholes will eventually bite you in the ass. Sure, you *can* try to use other payment processors, but most likely you'll eventually get shut down and you may lose money in the process.

On a less technical note, OP, I'm sorry you got scammed. It's a really shitty feeling. Just know that it's happened to almost every camgirl, and once it's happened to you you'll likely never fall for a scam ever again.
When guys scam with PayPal is it usually through PayPal.me? Just curious.

NOT saying this is the case here, just playing devil's advocate. I personally have had privates (multiple) in the past where I should have tried for a refund too. It's not just members. When you agree on what the 15 minute session will entail beforehand and then the model decides to change it and take 14 minute to get her clothes off just to try to get more money out of you...yeah, scamming goes both ways. So not all people who get the refunds are the bad guys.

Again, not referring to this case at all. Just saying I see where there's two sides to the story sometimes. So it's probably a good thing creating a 'scammer list' isn't allowed here.
I know. And you can not get a refund there.. but if that happens, then it's the last private with that model I will have (and probably the last time I will ever spend tokens on her too).

I will always make sure the model knows that I am going to spend x amount of tokens. And in True Private, that means only that we will have less time to accompish things.

And... I acually have broken off privates because a model was 'stalling'..

but in any way: trying to get a refund is still a shitty thing to do in any case.

Reactions: DFT
I've paid with Paypal once.

Had 3 other models try to get me to pay that way. Viewed it with suspicion. Last one, I was trying to have fun on a site, couldn't get her to work out a deal that way; she was just dead set on Paypal. If my spanglish is correct, for $35 dollars she was offering to skype with me every day for the rest of my life.

isn't there some sort of blacklist already...
To which Paige quite sensibly replied
It's a no-no around here because the called-out members cannot defend themselves
And then I added my 2¢
Sure there's a list, right side of the chat, they're the ones piling into the new model rooms and offering advice and gift cards.

You've picked a site to work on and their take on your earnings is a big percentage. I understand that. They're taking the risk for the scammers/non-pay/etc while doing promotion. That's the other side, so you get paid for shows you do on the site.

When you go off book you're going to get a chunk of coal in your stocking now and then. Especially anyone offering PayPal. I like to treat models with wish lists - but then there are Amazon gift card scammers and a lot of models won't touch Amazon because of it. It's enough to make one paranoid.

Last edited:

Camming has a learning curve for models and members.
In this case if you had bad experiences in Private make clear from the beginning what you expect and if there is any "stalling" exit the private straightaway and cut your losses and be even more clear the next with the model......
Regarding payments outside MFC I would only doing it if I know the model quite a long time and have some trust in her and only with an amount I can easily write off if things go wrong.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.