AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Sending money to a model

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2018
North America
I would like some advice for sending money directly to a model. Most of the questions on the subject are from models dealing with clients that want to use PayPal (or some other sketchy method) to pay for Skype calls or custom videos. I just want to send my favourite model a Christmas gift. No strings attached. I found this thread, but there does not appear to be a good final answer there.

Of course the #1 option is to just give her a really big tip. She is an EE studio model and split cams on several sites, and over time she has let me know where she gets the best percentages so I can at least maximize the amount of my money she gets. But since her studio always gets a cut (I assume) I would like to do better than that if possible.

When we first met I asked about sending her Amazon gift cards and/or prepaid Visa cards and she shut that right down. That was before I was a member here and knew how much danger I was putting her in simply by asking those questions where her studio might see. Fortunately I had the sense not to push it or mention the subject ever again. However, we recently connected on WhatsApp so I am thinking it might be time to broach the subject again. She does not sell social media access so connecting on WhatsApp is a level of trust I do not want to violate by doing or saying something stupid. Hence my desire to ask for feedback here first .

My ideas are:
  1. Buy a gift card on Amazon.de and send her the code to unlock it. This should be perfectly safe for her; as far as I understand it I do not need any information from her, she just needs the unlock code. The downside is the gift card is only good for purchases from Amazon and not things like rent, bus fare, groceries etc.
  2. Transfer money to her via TransferWise, Western Union, or Payoneer. In the above thread @Dan Epstein recommends not using Payoneer and @Starman says he’s had success with TransferWise. Does anyone have experience with the WU mobile app? It looks like it might be possible to send money with the WU app without knowing the recipient’s full real name provided we both have the app.
  3. I found Giftly and Paysend that look interesting. However, Giftly only allows withdrawals to PayPal for non-US residents so I am not sure if the usual PayPal caveats apply, I would assume so. Paysend looks like she could request money from me without needing to provide me with any of her details.
I would be interested in hearing anyone's experiences with any of the above methods of sending or receiving money.

As I mentioned above, the last resort will just be a large offline tip. Do any of the models here have a ball park figure how big of a slice her studio would be taking? She has mentioned several times that she likes her studio so I assume they are not treating her too badly and they got her a 100% cut on one site when I joined with her referral link.

Thanks.

Her studio slice is 50 % from all earnings she produces on every website . Post her your email address and maybe she is smart enough to write you an email after, when she is at home so you can agree with her how is the best to send her a gift
She said she likes her studio, of course she has to say that. They control girls pc and there is always someone there to control what girls does and speak. So she can not say bad words about her studio otherwise next day is out and no payment for 1 week worked.

Last edited:
My man @Slapstick , give her a big tip on a chat, or take a long private, and you made her Christmas. The Amazon wishlist is also an option.
As for studios and models relationships, the scale is much wider than a black and white setting. Some of the highest earning models I’ve ever assisted and met, are studio based models, and I’m talking about earnings after the revenue is shared with the studio.
There’s a tendency to look at studio models as the lesser underprivileged player in the biz, while in fact they are an important work force in every one of the big platforms, and not just due to the amount of models, but also for the amount studio models can make. Hate me for saying this, however I’m not the same payment rep from 2 years ago, I’m in the actual biz now :)

or take a long private,
Just from a model perspective a long private is not a gift. It’s appreciated and welcome but not a gift.

As far as op I don’t really have any advice other than indiebill? Sex worker friendly and high payout and it keeps all party’s anonymous, just not sure if it’s available for her country.

I would like some advice for sending money directly to a model. Most of the questions on the subject are from models dealing with clients that want to use PayPal (or some other sketchy method) to pay for Skype calls or custom videos. I just want to send my favourite model a Christmas gift. No strings attached. I found this thread, but there does not appear to be a good final answer there.

Of course the #1 option is to just give her a really big tip. She is an EE studio model and split cams on several sites, and over time she has let me know where she gets the best percentages so I can at least maximize the amount of my money she gets. But since her studio always gets a cut (I assume) I would like to do better than that if possible.

When we first met I asked about sending her Amazon gift cards and/or prepaid Visa cards and she shut that right down. That was before I was a member here and knew how much danger I was putting her in simply by asking those questions where her studio might see. Fortunately I had the sense not to push it or mention the subject ever again. However, we recently connected on WhatsApp so I am thinking it might be time to broach the subject again. She does not sell social media access so connecting on WhatsApp is a level of trust I do not want to violate by doing or saying something stupid. Hence my desire to ask for feedback here first .

My ideas are:
  1. Buy a gift card on Amazon.de and send her the code to unlock it. This should be perfectly safe for her; as far as I understand it I do not need any information from her, she just needs the unlock code. The downside is the gift card is only good for purchases from Amazon and not things like rent, bus fare, groceries etc.
  2. Transfer money to her via TransferWise, Western Union, or Payoneer. In the above thread @Dan Epstein recommends not using Payoneer and @Starman says he’s had success with TransferWise. Does anyone have experience with the WU mobile app? It looks like it might be possible to send money with the WU app without knowing the recipient’s full real name provided we both have the app.
  3. I found Giftly and Paysend that look interesting. However, Giftly only allows withdrawals to PayPal for non-US residents so I am not sure if the usual PayPal caveats apply, I would assume so. Paysend looks like she could request money from me without needing to provide me with any of her details.
I would be interested in hearing anyone's experiences with any of the above methods of sending or receiving money.

As I mentioned above, the last resort will just be a large offline tip. Do any of the models here have a ball park figure how big of a slice her studio would be taking? She has mentioned several times that she likes her studio so I assume they are not treating her too badly and they got her a 100% cut on one site when I joined with her referral link.

Thanks.
One of my regulars just sent me an e-gift card to Victoria Secret. He didn’t want to get me anything from my Amazon Wishlist, saying he wanted to be more original.
Maybe she has a favorite store she likes to go shopping at?
Also, not sure if this is even an option for studio models, but SextPanther gives models 85% of “tips”. At least she would get more through there than splitting it with the studio from getting a tip on the cam site.

Just from a model perspective a long private is not a gift. It’s appreciated and welcome but not a gift.

As far as op I don’t really have any advice other than indiebill? Sex worker friendly and high payout and it keeps all party’s anonymous, just not sure if it’s available for her country.
I stand correctly, take her on a private and tip her there too :) You’re right, gifts are one thing, tips another, and expectations may vary. We may all agree that no squires will turn to hero knights this Christmas nor Hanukkah. Even Indiebill is not for gifts, but some sort of a trade.

Reactions: Slapstick
One of my regulars just sent me an e-gift card to Victoria Secret. He didn’t want to get me anything from my Amazon Wishlist, saying he wanted to be more original.
Also, not sure if this is even an option for studio models, but SextPanther gives models 85% of “tips”. At least she would get more through there than splitting it with the studio from getting a tip on the cam site.
He said she is from East Europe, sextpanther does not work in Europe. Studio models can not take the gift cards anyway, from the gift cards the most of the Studios bareilly give 30 % from the value of the gift card. But she can never have acces to the gift card to use it how she likes

Her studio slice is 50 % from all earnings she produces on every website . Post her your email address and maybe she is smart enough to write you an email after, when she is at home so you can agree with her how is the best to send her a gift
Off site secure communication is not an issue; we chat regularly on WhatsApp. I just want to have some “Model Approved” suggestions ready when I broach the subject.

She said she likes her studio, of course she has to say that.
It is not that she has said it once or twice, it is more the general impression I get after visiting her for almost a year and how happy she is when they give her flowers on special days (birthdays, Valentine’s etc.) or how excited she gets when they send her on photo shoots and how she can hardly wait to tell me about them and show me the photos. Yes, it might all be an elaborate act; but if it is… damn, she is good.

My man @Slapstick , give her a big tip on a chat, or take a long private, and you made her Christmas. The Amazon wishlist is also an option.
Yes, a big tip is my fall back plan, but we do lots of long privates so I was looking for something a little more personal and lucrative for her for Christmas.

I only mentioned that she is a studio model because the studio adds another layer of complexity. As much as she may like her bosses and studio, I am sure they would not be happy if they found out she was accepting money that didn’t go through them… but maybe not?

Exactly. I am hoping to find something that is completely non-work related that would be actually useful for her, e.g. a three month bus pass as opposed to sexy underwear. And I just found FonMoney which looks like it will let me pay her cell phone bill just knowing the number (which I do). I already pay for her Netflix so this might be a nice add.

She is in Romania and other than Amazon.de I can’t find any gift cards I can buy that work there.

I will keep IndieBill and SextPanther in mind, but my concern with those is asking her to sign up with sites that her studio might find out about. I think I would feel more comfortable asking for her last name (which I would never do). So it is looking like an Amazon card or just a big tip.

Does anyone have experience with the WU mobile app? It looks like it might be possible to send money with the WU app without knowing the recipient’s full real name provided we both have the app.

I'm not saying it's impossible but I find it unlikely. I could be 100% wrong. But I use WU pretty regularly and the recipient has always had to provide me their legal name as it appears on their gov't issued ID in order for it to go through. They had to have mine as well. Again, it could be different with the app, but usually WU is pretty locked down.

I too hate the idea of a large tip because the recipient is only seeing half of that. I'm not interested in being Santa to a studio. :D Amazon.de is my recommendation. I've used this countless times with zero issues, and all you have to have is the email address of the recipient.

• Helpful!
I think its really sweet that you're wanting to do this for her, when its such a tricky thing to do.

I don't have much to add (except to agree with the skip the pvts thing)
ONe thing someone has been doing recently for me is sending me photos of pre-loaded visa gift cards. I can use these online for anything i like. He shreds the cards afterwards. I believe he's used these for international models also.

So guys I am romanian and I live in Switzerland, now I am an independent model. But at some point when I lived in Romania I had to work from studio because of some personal reasons and I changed a few studios in 3 months. All romanian studios are crap they only look to rip the models off. Some do it more brutally some instead make it so good that you not even realize it. Girls get payed 50 %percent from what they make from every site, the top girls get an aditional percentage sometimes if they push themselves to work more than 8 hours at day and make a certain amount of money that is more than 10 k in a pay period. That bonus is like 5 % more. The girls that live in Studio never get a bonus. Gift card gaven via studio in case it works for Romania is taken by studio owner, same as PayPal or another for of extra payment, the girl take like 25 % of the value in cash and the Studio owner use to buy then stuffs with the gift cards like lengerie and toys and resell them to the girls inside the studio.
Western Union is the best, is fast and easy but you need her phone number and complete name and city.
If you speak her regularly on whatapp and she is not agree with another form of payment outside the studio then is a phone controlled by studio too.
Also they open girls bank accounts to pay them but they can check how much money entered in her bank account in any moment. So if you send her PayPal and she want to cash them out they will see anyway, unless she has an external bank account not related with studio.
Your general impression she is happy in studio can be very wrong. In every studio we are trained to look happy and satisfied on the screen no matter what.
Amazon gift card is a nice thing but in Romania you can not do anything with like buying things outside of the Internet. You can not cash it out, same as any other gift card.
The only option would be western union.

• Hugs
Well, I just verified it, the studios I know, are completely at ease with Amazon Wish lists, and they take no share of the gift.
The studios you know aren't every studio, though. They're not a monolith.

Hello there i think i might be able to help with your issue because i am a romanian model myself, so Amazon dosen't work in Romania so that one is a no no, when it comes to tipping her or taking her in a private you have to keep in mind that the studio will take 50% of what she makes and that is one of the best case scenarios some studios start off from 60%their cut and so on. My advice if you realy want to help her out is to get her on PayPal she can connect her bank acc to it and just withdraw it from PP and yes i know PP isn't a SW safe platform but that is an option, another option you could do is go thru Transferwise its really cool and easy to use if you want you can do some reasearch on it. But as a model from Romania i can tell you that there aren't a lot of ways to do what you want to do. If you have any other questions feel free to msg me so i could go into more details about your options. Hope it works out and sorry for the long rant :)

Mission accomplished. Thank you to everyone that has replied and given advice. It turns out it was much ado about nothing. When I mentioned the options she immediately wanted to go with Western Union as it was the easiest for her. She already has the money.
I think its really sweet that you're wanting to do this for her, when its such a tricky thing to do.
Thank you, it is very sweet for you to say that.

P.S. I have always wanted to tell you that you have the Best profile picture Ever.
If you speak her regularly on whatapp and she is not agree with another form of payment outside the studio then is a phone controlled by studio too.
She assured me it wasn’t and laughed when I suggested she was just saying that because her boss was listening. She thought I was cute and funny for asking.

I certainly hope her studio is treating her better than what you experienced.

another option you could do is go thru Transferwise its really cool and easy to use if you want you can do some reasearch on it.

Hope it works out and sorry for the long rant
That was neither long, nor a rant; that was very helpful. Thank you.

Using TransferWise was our second option, but I am not sure if I could use it to load up a pre-paid Visa card. Definitely something to keep in mind for others that might want to do something similar.

From a member's perspective: I joined MFC six years ago. One of the first girls I actually became friends with was a Ukrainian student who worked in a studio. We communicated by PM, email and on Skype. Not long after we met, she was planning a ski vacation and I wanted to send her a little something for her trip. She was hesitant at first but eventually she agreed to let me send her $500 by WU. She had to provide me with her real name from her government issued ID. After she got back from her trip, she showed up online in an adorable blue dress that she informed me she had bought with some of the money. Over the next few months, I sent her smaller amounts a couple of times. Then I suspect her studio got raided and eventually she showed up as an independent with new nick and new Skype. It was only then that she informed me that the studio had monitored all her means of communication and that they had demanded 50% of what I sent her. So you can NEVER be certain that any studio models are getting all of what you may send them.

Over the years, I have used PayPal, MoneyGram and WU with no problems. At the slightest hint of sex related reason for the transfer, PayPal will shut down the account and, I believe, keep the money. I have never had anything go wrong with MoneyGram or WU, but you should be aware that just because the name of the person picking up the money matches the name on their ID, it doesn't mean that it's the same person you think you are sending to. It can be a trusted friend or relative.

I don't have much to add (except to agree with the skip the pvts thing)
ONe thing someone has been doing recently for me is sending me photos of pre-loaded visa gift cards. I can use these online for anything i like. He shreds the cards afterwards. I believe he's used these for international models also.

Oh! That is a great idea! As a new model I was wondering on this subject and that sounds like a cool solution. No backlash so far?

Off site secure communication is not an issue; we chat regularly on WhatsApp. I just want to have some “Model Approved” suggestions ready when I broach the subject.

It is not that she has said it once or twice, it is more the general impression I get after visiting her for almost a year and how happy she is when they give her flowers on special days (birthdays, Valentine’s etc.) or how excited she gets when they send her on photo shoots and how she can hardly wait to tell me about them and show me the photos. Yes, it might all be an elaborate act; but if it is… damn, she is good.

Yes, a big tip is my fall back plan, but we do lots of long privates so I was looking for something a little more personal and lucrative for her for Christmas.

I only mentioned that she is a studio model because the studio adds another layer of complexity. As much as she may like her bosses and studio, I am sure they would not be happy if they found out she was accepting money that didn’t go through them… but maybe not?

Exactly. I am hoping to find something that is completely non-work related that would be actually useful for her, e.g. a three month bus pass as opposed to sexy underwear. And I just found FonMoney which looks like it will let me pay her cell phone bill just knowing the number (which I do). I already pay for her Netflix so this might be a nice add.

She is in Romania and other than Amazon.de I can’t find any gift cards I can buy that work there.

I will keep IndieBill and SextPanther in mind, but my concern with those is asking her to sign up with sites that her studio might find out about. I think I would feel more comfortable asking for her last name (which I would never do). So it is looking like an Amazon card or just a big tip.
I have done WU-. Do you know what they see about your information? I am helping my Eastern European friend. I don't know if she is lying to me and I don't care. I just don't want my personal info out there. Prefer PayPal but know that is risky. Also once you start sending money not always a clean out. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Oh! That is a great idea! As a new model I was wondering on this subject and that sounds like a cool solution. No backlash so far?

I would only do this from trusted members you have very good relationships with. There's been threads and posts on here about people trying to scam models via this very method or via Amazong and other gift cards.

I would only do this from trusted members you have very good relationships with. There's been threads and posts on here about people trying to scam models via this very method or via Amazong and other gift cards.
Hm... okay. Well since I am brand new, I dont really have trusted followers yet lol so I guess i will stay away from this for now

Hm... okay. Well since I am brand new, I dont really have trusted followers yet lol so I guess i will stay away from this for now

It'll take some time to build up good relationships, and get a feeling for who you can trust and more importantly those you can't. But, always keep your guard up, as there's been some top models who have been doxed, or stalked by those they thought could be trusted.

As to the gift cards, photos, scans, etc., do some searches here and you will run across some of the threads about models getting scammed for the gift card pics in exchange for privates, skype, video or pics. Sadly, it's all too common. I'm a member, and find is disgusting that people are willing to try and scam models. Hell, even in general I think it's a shitty thing to do.

Wish you all the best, and for your success. If you haven't already, request model verification, as there is supposedly some really good info in the model only section.

It'll take some time to build up good relationships, and get a feeling for who you can trust and more importantly those you can't. But, always keep your guard up, as there's been some top models who have been doxed, or stalked by those they thought could be trusted.

As to the gift cards, photos, scans, etc., do some searches here and you will run across some of the threads about models getting scammed for the gift card pics in exchange for privates, skype, video or pics. Sadly, it's all too common. I'm a member, and find is disgusting that people are willing to try and scam models. Hell, even in general I think it's a shitty thing to do.

Wish you all the best, and for your success. If you haven't already, request model verification, as there is supposedly some really good info in the model only section.
Thanks so much! I havent actually started camming yet... hopefully next week ;) and yeah that's f***ed up to scam models

I can't add much. I will just re-emphasize that all communication about money should happen away from her studio. Either e-mail or a DM on twitter or some other method that only SHE can see.
Also, Romania can sometimes switch up the first name and the surname. Like Ariana Smith would be listed as Smith Ariana. Just make sure you have the name listed correctly to match her I.D.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Status
Not open for further replies.