AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Sex toy recycling website

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

would you buy a recycled sex toy?

• I would

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • maybe

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • what the hell, I could get herpes.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Hell to the muthafuckin' no!!!

Votes: 26 76.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh. I think the psychological aversion to used personal items is probably greater than any real danger.

I am a touch OCD (refuse to sit on other people's beds even on top of the covers after they've washed them b/c I know they had sex in that bed at some point), so definitely no way that I could make myself use a recycled sex toy. However, I do try to be as green as possible in every other aspect of my life, so I do support this... just not for my OCD self :)

Edit: Oh, and what Nordling said.

Nordling said:
Heh. I think the psychological aversion to used personal items is probably greater than any real danger.

Yeah, any contaminates would be removed by the recycling process. Plus they probably either use a bleach solution, steam, or something else to clean them at some point.

As Nordling said, it's probably psychological, but still a no from me :)

Up in Queensland, they've set up a wastewater recycling plant which turns sewage into drinking water. The government set it up in spite of violent opposition to the concept but when you see the system they have, it really does look perfectly safe.

That at least is providing a product which, in extreme drought conditions, might be needed for survival so if such circumstances come along, I'm sure people will overcome their aversion.

But for sex toys? Well intended, but it seems likely that it'll never overcome that psychological barrier. :twocents-02cents:

Their process is still patent pending, so definitely not until it receives some gubbermental approval. Even then, it's almost like the thought of buying used underwear at the thrift store.

Improvised Pleasure Devices

If you need a sex toy there may be one closer than you think, in your refrigerator or around the house. Fruits and vegetables like bananas and cucumbers make a simple and inexpensive substitute for a dildo. Many common items like electric toothbrushes or hairbrush handles can also be used for pleasure. And with a little imagination and ingenuity, you can create improvised sex toys and give a second life to materials like plastic bags, shampoo bottles, toilet paper tubes, and rubber gloves.

My imagination must be failing because the plastic bag sex use eludes me. :shifty:

Plastic bag sex toy...open bag, insert oil/lube, shove bag into small, tight "hole"-like area(usually couch cushions, etc) insert penis into bag and then start humping said hole/furniture/whatever. Cheap male sex toy. Read about it years ago and still think it's...um....unique?

I think it was in Tropic of Cancer (or was it Capricorn?) where Henry Miller explains how you hollow out an apple and fill it with cold cream. enjoy. :D

ScarletVixen said:
Plastic bag sex toy...open bag, insert oil/lube, shove bag into small, tight "hole"-like area(usually couch cushions, etc) insert penis into bag and then start humping said hole/furniture/whatever. Cheap male sex toy. Read about it years ago and still think it's...um....unique?

what the fucking fuck...it doesn't get much more ghetto than that.

AlexiaRose said:
OCD makes me boil even new one.. im kinda of a lost cause here.. NEVER EVER

Well, if you ever use a vegetable in a show, a carrot for example, I wouldn't boil it first if I were you

as you have no idea how old the toys really are i wouldn't do that. Plastic age too - especially when treated with aggressive cleaning stuff.
I am sure most sex toys should be replaced more often and not being reused.

This thread has gotten a lot of mixed reviews. I am so glad i posted it. My opinion is that if they want to recycle sex toys, that they should not make new sex toys out of the materials. Maybe they could make shoes, bracelets,rings, floor mats, or something else out of the materials. At least they would still be recycling and being green, and possibly be more successful in their mission to save the planet. My main reason for not wanting a sex toy made out of a recycled sex toy, is that I have to question the sterility of the product, and with so many STDs out there, and the fact that I have always been clean, I am not so sure that I would want to stick something like that near my vagina. I am glad that they are being creative and innovative, but they could definitely try to make other products out of the recycled post consumer products. Hey, maybe they could make exercise mats as well. Who knows?

MercyRain said:
My opinion is that if they want to recycle sex toys, that they should not make new sex toys out of the materials. Maybe they could make shoes, bracelets,rings, floor mats, or something else out of the materials.

Or something like "rubberized asphalt" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubberized_asphalt).

That will ensure that the recycled "product" never comes into contact with me...lol!

schlmoe said:
MercyRain said:
My opinion is that if they want to recycle sex toys, that they should not make new sex toys out of the materials. Maybe they could make shoes, bracelets,rings, floor mats, or something else out of the materials.

Or something like "rubberized asphalt" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubberized_asphalt).

That will ensure that the recycled "product" never comes into contact with me...lol!
For real.

Bocefish said:
Since I'm not female, never gave much thought to the following... What do you look for in a new toy as far as safety and whatnot? Is there some sort of safety approved logo or anything? :think:

I love how on EdenFantasy they have a safety meter for their toys, material wise.

MercyRain said:

I seriously don't want to have to wonder if some rubber household item or clothing accessory has been deep inside a colombian chick's ass 15 times a day for a year lol, I know it would be "clean" after being recycled but it's just the thought....

No matter how much they clean it, there's still the fact that whatever that sex toy has been turned into it still used to be a sex toy. Now if they could make sex toys out of biodegradable plastic that won't disintegrate after being used for their intended purpose I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.