AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Shower Shows

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 12, 2012
I've always been afraid of them because my cam is built into my laptop, and I'm worried about it breaking. If I wanted to do one, how much do they normally cost? (Tokenwise.)

Reactions: BlueViolet
I've always been afraid of them because my cam is built into my laptop

Theres your first problem. If you used a proper webcam, you put put the laptop further away, and the webcam closer to your shower. That way if anything goes wrong, you only have to replace the 80$ webcam instead of the $1200 laptop.
Put plastic wrap over your screen and a towel over your keyboard. Leave the door open and turn the fan on. Should be good then! Thats what I did for my first.

Jessi said:
Put plastic wrap over your screen and a towel over your keyboard.
^ This is extremely important.
I broke my laptop's touchpad when I used it with semi-wet fingers during a shower show back in September or October. It's useless now and I'm still angry at myself for being so stupid. :roll:

You should let yourself get approved as a model and then check out this thread in the models only section: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6141
It's all about what to do if you want to avoid steam in the room while camming.

LilyMarie said:
Jessi said:
Put plastic wrap over your screen and a towel over your keyboard.
^ This is extremely important.
I broke my laptop's touchpad when I used it with semi-wet fingers during a shower show back in September or October. It's useless now and I'm still angry at myself for being so stupid. :roll:

You should let yourself get approved as a model and then check out this thread in the models only section: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6141
It's all about what to do if you want to avoid steam in the room while camming.

LilyMarie said:
avoid steam in the room while camming

Just use cold water...problem solved! :mrgreen:

Wish I would have thought of the plastic wrap idea. My first show my lap top took quite a bit of water damage. I wiped it down with a towel as soon as I could but it still got misted from the spray coming off my shower. On the up side my lap top seems fine left the top up do it could dry out overnight and no problems yet but I definately will cover it for my next show.

ZoeyBell said:
Wish I would have thought of the plastic wrap idea. My first show my lap top took quite a bit of water damage. I wiped it down with a towel as soon as I could but it still got misted from the spray coming off my shower. On the up side my lap top seems fine left the top up do it could dry out overnight and no problems yet but I definately will cover it for my next show.

As long as its fresh water, electronics have a degree of resistance to moisture. Keeping spray and wet fingers, off it and the water as cool as possible - to avoid steam - should be enough.

If you do use plastic wrap, be careful not to close off the vent and cooling ports. Another option is to cover the keyboard with a towel and use the plastic wrap for the monitor. If you need to use a keyboard while wet... there are inexpensive waterproof keyboards available too.

This one has huge font, glows in the dark and is basically waterproof for $20

1a76d0d3-c6bf-4db7-827e-ae44da4b265d.jpg

https://tryezeyes.com/?gclid=CMHa3bblra4CFYvRKgod6ROITQ

BoltEyeAm said:
I prefer the roll up keyboards they are awesome and waterproof.
http://www.amazon.com/Sound-Logic-72-49 ... B0071368Y6

I love those. Use them in the garage, workshop, bathtub, lab, anywhere. A friend spilt motor oil on his and it was fine, just a little, um... slick. :lol: I figured if it can handle motor oil it could handle lube and being in or near the shower, and I was right.

Reactions: AllisonWilder
schlmoe said:
LilyMarie said:

After reading this my nipples are now permanently hard. Thanks a lot....Cold showers hurt when you stay in them too long.

Oooo love the glow in the dark keyboard!!! Ne thing low in the dark is spiffy!!!
Thanks for all the great ideas

I made sure the water was tempid, left the door open, n turned on the fan in my bedroom so I think that probably helped a bit.

blackxrose said:
schlmoe said:
LilyMarie said:

After reading this my nipples are now permanently hard. Thanks a lot....Cold showers hurt when you stay in them too long.

I would say, leave it warm, but just barely. Not warm enough to steam. More like, lukewarm.

Bocefish said:
If you do use plastic wrap, be careful not to close off the vent and cooling ports. Another option is to cover the keyboard with a towel and use the plastic wrap for the monitor. If you need to use a keyboard while wet... there are inexpensive waterproof keyboards available too.

This one has huge font, glows in the dark and is basically waterproof for $20
My guess would be that this would also be useful for blacklight shows.

I actually got my family a dishwasher safe roll up keyboard. Their habits are so disgusting, I just wanted to burn their old one.

Also, inspired by the black light show comment I just have to say, having an illuminated keyboard is the best thing ever :shock: It really solves a first world problem haha

Status
Not open for further replies.