AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Single people: How do you cope with being lonley?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seconding the suggestions of getting a pet! Having a little fur (or feather, or scale) baby to take care of can be so rewarding. Especially a pet that is very affectionate like a cuddly dog. Plus having a dog would help ensure you are getting out and about, and there is no better ice breaker than having a adorable pup pup for pretty girls to coo over :)

Think of my exes and be thankful not to have to be in their presence.

If I start to feel sad, I go on the internet or go to the store around people. Once I realize how stupid most of them are, I'm happy to be alone.
:hilarious: Hilarious, and so fucking true!

• Step 1: Find any human and move in together. Doesn't have to be romantic, you don't even have to like the person very much, and it could even be your parents. However, if you share a bed/bedroom, this experiment will be more effective.
  • Step 2: Realize that no matter how much you like a person when you do NOT live together, it's a total roulette as to whether or not you will be compatible to share living space. In this case, the chances of being "living-together compatible" are heavily weighted against you no matter who you decide to partner with in this experiment. Aristocrats back in the day were 100% on to something when they gave each spouse their own bedroom, if not their own wing of the house.
  • Step 3: Stay in that arrangement until you can't take it anymore.
  • Step 4: Move into a living space with no other humans.
  • Step 5: Rejoice more than you could ever imagine to have the freedom of your own space!
  • Step 6: Get a dog.
  • Step 7: Rejoice forever to have found the highest form of living arrangement!

:hilarious: Hilarious, and so fucking true!

• Step 1: Find any human and move in together. Doesn't have to be romantic, you don't even have to like the person very much, and it could even be your parents. However, if you share a bed/bedroom, this experiment will be more effective.
  • Step 2: Realize that no matter how much you like a person when you do NOT live together, it's a total roulette as to whether or not you will be compatible to share living space. In this case, the chances of being "living-together compatible" are heavily weighted against you no matter who you decide to partner with in this experiment. Aristocrats back in the day were 100% on to something when they gave each spouse their own bedroom, if not their own wing of the house.
  • Step 3: Stay in that arrangement until you can't take it anymore.
  • Step 4: Move into a living space with no other humans.
  • Step 5: Rejoice more than you could ever imagine to have the freedom of your own space!
  • Step 6: Get a dog.
  • Step 7: Rejoice forever to have found the highest form of living arrangement!

GOOD CALL. I did this, very effective. Really makes you appreciate being ALONE. After he left and I had our nice, big apartment to myself I'm pretty sure I jigged around the house with my cats for the rest of the day.

it's a total roulette as to whether or not you will be compatible to share living space. In this case, the chances of being "living-together compatible" are heavily weighted against you no matter who you decide to partner with in this experiment. Aristocrats back in the day were 100% on to something when they gave each spouse their own bedroom, if not their own wing of the house.

Preach.

Reactions: Ms_Gingersnatch
I like being alone. I like being single. I feel fine by myself. It wasn't always that way. It took a lot of crying, desperation, and then throwing myself into work/hobbies to get to where I'm at.

So, that's how I think you do it. Find something you care about or love. Work, hobbies, reading, whatever(though I think more hands on activities cause a stronger effect than just reading a book or watching a movie). Throw yourself into it. Don't let yourself be not busy. One day you may just realize you've been laying in bed for a few hours by yourself and you're just content.

Oh. And get a pet if you can handle it. If you can't handle it and maybe want to meet non-romantic partners and see furry buddies, go volunteer at your local animal shelter.

Also, you'll never not be alone if you don't put yourself out there. I'm not saying everyone needs to go to a bar or sign up for online dating. Do group activities that appeal to you. Join a d&d group, volunteer, go clubbing, etc. Whatever it is that fits your lifestyle and interest you want to meet people there so they will fit into your life when it's right.

If you can't handle it and maybe want to meet non-romantic partners and see furry buddies, go volunteer at your local animal shelter.
This is a good idea. You should only do this if you really want to be around the animals and help them, but as a bonus, it's one goddamn amazing gold star on your dating resume. Even if I weren't a dog person, a guy that volunteers at an animal shelter almost certainly has a kind, sympathetic heart. Clearly he balances it with the practical sense and willpower to not bring home 6 new pups every time he goes in. That level of emotional intelligence is valuable. (You can also bet that he handles his fair share of poo, so if you're inclined toward parenting, he probably isn't squeamish about diapers.)

That said, not everybody has that balance, and that's ok. If it hurts your heart and tarnishes your soul to leave the dogs in the shelter when you go, it's ok to find other activities. Maybe adopt one or two pups and don't feel bad. You still get many dating points for trying.

That said, not everybody has that balance, and that's ok. If it hurts your heart and tarnishes your soul to leave the dogs in the shelter when you go, it's ok to find other activities. Maybe adopt one or two pups and don't feel bad. You still get many dating points for trying.

Oh! Most certainly. I really should have said, if you can, try volunteering anywhere or signing up for a club. Hell, trivia, anything. I just spoke from experience since I very much enjoy volunteering, and I'm an incredibly selfish and lazy person. It is just worth it to me having to spray down litter boxes or mop floors for a few hours so I can cuddle with kittens or walk strange dogs for an equal amount of time. In the end, people are pack animals. We don't do well in solitary. We get kinda cooky. Try to get out and get around people and if you are doing something like volunteering you won't be forced to walk up to someone because you'll be working around others.

This is a good idea. You should only do this if you really want to be around the animals and help them, but as a bonus, it's one goddamn amazing gold star on your dating resume.

(also great for job resumes and school applications)

Reactions: Ms_Gingersnatch
Going with the pet theme here and if being around them makes you happy consider starting a dog walking/pet care business on the side. This would make you have to interact with people, youd get some puppy love and a little extra cash never hurt. I have a friend that makes a good portion of her income from this.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I volunteered with delinquent kids about 2 years ago. They've promised to go straight because they couldn't stand my comic lectures anymore.. Volunteering is a great exposure opportunity, especially if you can let go of the screens and devices for a few hours.

Reactions: HotRod556
Being married is overrated

I was married 16 years, marriage, even not formal like in my case, can be best possible experience if comes to relationships. And also good for business as my ex wife is still my boss and first on my bff list...

*No headache from arguments
*No worries if I'm being cheated
*No Jealousy, why he liked someone on FB
*No one tells me what to wear, or how I should act
*No waiting on phone calls (or any form of messages), and wondering why he hasn't called
...list goes on

See above. It is very hard and time consuming job, if one is up to put some of course and not just jump into first occurring occasion hoping for the best -- finding someone that match and with whom you can create synergy at any possible level of relationship is very much possible. I know for a fact i am lucky and i guess that was just my luck acting, but true and unconditioned love is possible to find.

:) Frank

Especially a pet that is very affectionate like a cuddly dog. Plus having a dog would help ensure you are getting out and about, and there is no better ice breaker than having a adorable pup pup for pretty girls to coo over :)

I really miss my dog, and want to get another. But, my schedule doesn't allow it. :(

How do you cope with sadness you get from being single?
Having friends that are single too helps. I always got the most comfort from my single girlfriends. If you don't have any, go do something you're interested in by yourself even! I love music so I have gone to concerts and festivals alone and met a lot of people that I ended up spending a lot of time with.

Personally, I go on cam sites and "annoy" the models. Don't think I annoy in the sense that I am rude, horrible, troll etc because that's not it. I just talk a LOT. Some models like it and my humour etc and others hate it (usually the very serious ones who are focused on their job are the haters)... But yeah that's what I do haha
Sorry ladies, blame my loneliness and anxiety from stopping me going into the real world to meet friends haha

Personally, I go on cam sites and "annoy" the models. Don't think I annoy in the sense that I am rude, horrible, troll etc because that's not it. I just talk a LOT. Some models like it and my humour etc and others hate it (usually the very serious ones who are focused on their job are the haters)... But yeah that's what I do haha
Sorry ladies, blame my loneliness and anxiety from stopping me going into the real world to meet friends haha

And here I was just beginning to think you were going to say you're a high-roller tipping all the ladies and wanking it to them multiple times a day...

• Funny!
Reactions: HotRod556

For me, it would really get hard sometimes and I would numb myself with alcohol and drugs. Seriously, that's the worst thing you could possibly do!!! When you sober up, your problems are still there and you aren't any closer to fixing them, in fact you're farther away than ever usually. Best thing I found out to do was to have some really close friends to talk to about how you're feeling. That worked really well for me. What worked the best though, on top of that, was to have someone literally so close to you that you can confide anything to, and just dump your secrets and be freed of all that's bottled up inside you!!!! Also, always remember that you're not gonna be single forever, there is DEFINITELY the ONE out there for you and she will come when you least expect it. I was told this over and over and over again while I was searching for a relationship for years at a time. Like I would get laid, but I wanted something more than that. Something with substance to it, not the pool of meaningless pussy I was swimming through. I would get severely depressed sometimes, thinking that there truly was no one out there for me and this past summer I'm out on my friend Nick's boat and we pull up to some people he knows and then BOOM THERE SHE IS! In his friends boat was his niece and I instantly craved her (find out later this is exactly what she felt towards me as well!!) and ever since we laid eyes on each other, as our boats passed each other, we have been inseparable!!! I feel I'm the luckiest guy in the world and it really came when I least expected it, so it may take a long time BUT it's going to be totally worth it when you finally meet the ONE! I don't know if this helped at all, just sharing my experience, I just don't want you to give up hope man!

Love ? Wtf is that ? Just need Hustlin days and nights to enjoy life. I could just fall in love with another Hustler

I am an introvert, so single is pretty easy... last SO was 25 years ago, but am open to another should I find a suitable match.

I'm the type of person that goes weeks (or sometimes months) without interacting with anyone outside of going to the store and the gym (Which my earbuds are always in at the gym, so that doesn't really count). And of course, it's not good to do this, because interaction and feeling accepted and loved by others is something everyone wants no matter how much you try to deny it.

I don't necessarily care about being single, in fact, I prefer it that way right now because I seem to have always attracted people into my life that try to control me, so I take that as a sign that I need to work on myself so that I don't bring those people in anymore. When I'm feeling super lonely, though, I might go hang out in a local coffee shop while I do my school work. It's a relaxing environment, and usually there's at least some interaction with others that you get out of it. And of course, caffeine is good too.

The sadness of being single only comes about when I find that I have nothing to do. But I've probably spent more time single and happy than in a relationship. I think that being single isn't sad it's just about finding who you are and what you want. That's how to cope with the sadness.

Sometimes in a relationship, you’ll feel more lonely than you expected. Being happy is a very vague and fluctuating goal, and you can conveniently land the burden on your peer when it comes for not achieving it. Yet I keep trying always:) There’s a relevant modern Arabic term called Opsimism, you’re pessimistic about the present, yet optimistic about a possible future( Rest in peace Emile Habibi).

Status
Not open for further replies.